9882 S. Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.peninsula.com/belvedere
- Phone: 3109752736
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am to 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am to 2:30pm;
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm to 10:30pm;
Brunch: Sunday - 11:00am to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Codney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com or call (310) 788-2333 with any special event inquiries.
A word from The Belvedere
Offering modern American cuisine under the direction of acclaimed Executive Chef David Codney, The Belvedere has long been regarded as one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles, with impeccable service and a sophisticated atmosphere. The Belvedere was recently voted "Best Hotel Restaurant in the Continental US and Canada" by the readers of Travel + Leisure magazine and the recipient of the AAA Five Diamond award for 18 consecutive years. While the main dining room has a capacity of 65 to 70, the Private Dining Room can accommodate parties of up to 20 people for more intimate gatherings. The beautifully landscaped patio allows diners to enjoy the California sunshine as well as the impeccable cuisine. Menu highlights include items such as the famed "Truffled Macaroni and Cheese" - Elbow Macaroni with Black Truffles, Hen of the Woods Mushrooms & Parmigiano Reggiano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Belvedere - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Belvedere reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (36)romantic (30)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (15)good for groups (11)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- smileyDined on 8/31/2014The food was high quality and the ambiance of the place was so beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenieDined on 8/27/2014I was underwhelmed. Loved the quiet atmosphere; service was very good; plating was excellent. But, the food itself -- nothing to write home about. Coupled with the prices, don't think we'll be back.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsGeminiVIPDined on 8/25/2014Two of us had the four course tasting menu while the third ordered from the regular menu. Service was poor which puzzles me because it was a Monday night and he dining room was almost empty. I ended up waving frantically at the end of dessert to get our check. The two people who ordered from the tasting menu were the most positive especially about the risotto, the short ribs and the Grand Marnier soufflé. My scallops were so-so.Special Features:
- AmazingTinaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Amazing - Is The Belvedere From The Moment I Entered Your Amazing - Restaurant To The Amazing- Outdoor Patio Dinning To The Amazing -Freshly Prepared Menu Items The AMAZING Kumquat's Soufflé. Oh My What An Amazing Meal I Had. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were here for a Travelzoo promotional voucher and enjoyed a 5-Star dining experience. The matching wine supplement was excellent and removed the problem of selecting from their extensive wine list. Since we had been here before for "special" occasions, it was great to note that the fact we came this time on a promotional voucher did not diminish their established quality of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningoverpricedDined on 8/20/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary - food, service and everything we could wish for were outstanding! The halibut was wonderful, as was the gnocchi. I did not think it was overpriced for what was provided!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/10/2014WE WERE ABLE TO SIT OUTSIDE FOR BRUNCH WITH MY 94 YEAR OLD FATHER. THERE WAS A 3 PIECE MUSICAL GROUP INSIDE, WHICH WAS LOVELY, BUT NOT FOR HAVING CONVERSATION WITH MY FATHER. THE BRUNCH WAS EXCELLENT, AND THE SERVICE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER. WE ALL ENJOYED OURSELVES.Special Features:
- Pretty goodPaulyDined on 8/7/2014Used the travelzoo voucher, so got the tasting menu. Food was tasty, presented well, and portions were modest. The braised beef was not as hot as I wanted it to be, and I could not taste the chimichurri that I thought was written in the description, though maybe it was just some delicate "chimichurri" oil drizzle. One salad came with Feta cheese, but the description was something else, or vice versa. Finally, I added the duck potstickers, which were also tasty but were deep fried (though not fresh and crispy). I expected them to be steamed and oil crisped on one side.Special Features:
- AnnaDined on 8/1/2014very cozy...food was great....i love the macaroons placed in the basket for people leaving the restaurant to take. nice touch!Special Features:
- Old SchoolEWWWWWWDined on 7/31/2014The food was absolutely not that great. The decor was so old and dated I don't consider it fancy for 2014. The service was outstanding but what would one expect with only 4 tables occupied? We asked for medium rare and got medium well, there was kitchen debris in our desert, we used a Travelzoo and the portions were miniscule.Special Features:
- Good Food but ...DaCodaDined on 7/26/2014The Belvedere has excellent quality food but eat before you go, as the portions are teeny.Our lunch group was made up of 5 petite gals and we were all hungry when we left. I ordered the salmon- great taste and quality but it was about 3 inches square, with a little fancy foam on top -and that was it! No veggies (save for a few they had on the plate for decoration and accent), no rice. Nada. My sister got the lobster salad and said the same thing. Excellent quality but almost no food. Guess this place is for starving actresses. So overall, it was fun to go here for lunch but eat first. The cost was fairly reasonable -$35pp with tip for an entree and ice tea (as opposed to the $67++ tea they had in the crowded lobby area). Service just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at the BelvedereChiGirlDined on 7/13/2014The quality and variety of food was outstanding and they poured endless Nicholas Feulliete (sp?). But a celebrity and his bodyguards constant movement took away from the ambience. The waitress was kind but not as attentive as usual. Perhaps short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2014Four good friends had a great meal and enjoyed talking to each other rather than shouting. Thanks!Special Features:
- jamesDined on 7/4/2014Belvedere is a beautiful restaurant with excellent food. The hotel, piano bar, and restaurant keep alive the elegant traditions of an earlier time. We were there for my birthday (70th) and felt a real connection to the fine ambience with the highest standards for a glittering night out in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Staff ReviewreeeeeelygoodDined on 6/22/2014The staff went overboard making sure that our dining experience was pleasurable. We had changed our reservations - during the day beginning with only two individuals, but ultimately ended up with 9 and the staff handled our changes without a hint of being 'ruffled'. We will definitely go back to this restaurant....many times.Special Features:
- Seasons52VIPDined on 6/18/2014It was all fine. Food was tasty. Service was attentive. Room was pretty. But nothing to write home about either. Haven't eaten here in about 10 years and I remember being far more impressed then. I would eat there again but it wouldn't be first on the list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough about this placecfreema7VIPDined on 6/17/2014This is pretty much the only restaurant in LA I feel OK with paying full price for. Expensive, yes, worth it, absolutely! The food is presented as if it is being prepared for a photo shoot. The service is incredible. We dined for my birthday last night. From the moment I walked up to the host, we were referred to by name. the waiter was on queue every time wine was low. then they did something I've never seen before: My wife and I were there on coupon, our two guest were not, and order only small entrees, we had four course meal. Our first course was brought, the waiter then brought my friend an amuse bouche. Our second course was brought out, along with small portion of truffle mac and cheese for our friends. Amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Wonderful food, service and ambience! We loved everything about the experience.Special Features:
- Great overall, but!WonkowskiVIPDined on 6/13/2014Always enjoy Belvedere, service is excellent, love the bread basket, love it's not noisy so we can have a nice conversation. This last time the main course is so tiny, 3 regular size scallops with the tiniest root vegetables, smaller than most restaurants appetizer. Wonder if they have changed their kitchen staff. I guess that's one way to have guests order desserts since main course isn't satisfying in terms if quantity. I'm already a very small eater, so if I find the portion too small, most people will still be hungry after dinner without ordering dessert. May be that's the reason the restaurant was half empty on a Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014terrible old fashion quisine was ill the next day as was the people I had dinner withSpecial Features:
- Celebration BrunchGeorgeDined on 6/8/2014I don't know why open table took our reservation for 10:30am for Sunday Brunch when the brunch begins at 11am. This is the second time this has happened at two different locations. I suppose now that I will have to call the restaurant directly eliminating the convenience of the open table booking. The music was wonderful but you need to sit inside to hear it. The Peking duck was also outstanding. The lack of crab was sorely missed.Special Features:
- Elegant As AlwaysLMBHVIPDined on 5/28/2014I'm at the Belvedere often and there is a reason why. Service is top notch and food is divine. Whether Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch or Dinner you can't go wrong. I never look at the menu for breakfast. I'm a creature of habit. I always have the Crab & Lobster Fritata. AMAZING!!! Lunch and Dinner just as amazing too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014The Belvedere's an elegant place for a special occasion. The ambience is one of quiet, taste, and subtlety. From the ample bread basket to the artistically presented dessert, our experience at the Belvedere was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/23/2014I always love to have brunch/lunch at the restaurant. It is my favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!lovedelishfoodDined on 5/21/2014Just love this restaurant. Staff are spot on with service and attentiveness, and food is delicious.Special Features:
- Great food, service and venueN21PMVIPDined on 5/20/2014Wonderful dining experience. From the parking valet to doorman to reception at the Belvedere to our waiter, everyone made us feel special. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. We sat in the indoor dining room, but there is pretty outdoor dining area. Service was attentive but not intrusive. We had a good time.Special Features:
- excellentjacksonDined on 5/19/2014excellent in every way from food to ambiance to serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks Not Included in BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/18/2014Used to like this restaurant for fairly good food and dessert for their Sunday brunch. The food this time was mediocre, and they now charge extra for juice, coffee, and other drinks. We weren't warned by the waiter, of course, even though we asked him about the cost of champagne. I think coffee was more than $7. With juice and coffee that we ordered, the total bill came out too be high.
- The following 334 reviews are from the The Belvedere reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014It is on of those places that make you want to come back. The brunch is really exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight!juaniniDined on 5/2/2014What a treat to have a fine meal and hear your friends too! Excellent food, service and atmosphere. I'll e back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Codney is a star!HappyDinerVIPDined on 4/9/2014I sought out a quiet place to meet with a colleague and friend - and The Peninsula was convenient. So we booked lunch at The Belvedere and, having met David Codney socially, I let him know we'd be there and asked him to come say hello. That "hello" became an enchanted meal with a spontaneous tasting menu so the chef could show some of his favorite creations. Every bite was superb, and the service was simply outstanding. Our business lunch took off with creative expansion as the food inspired our thinking. We will be back frequently - now that we know the trip from the San Gabriel Valley is so well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in LAalhatVIPDined on 4/6/2014Fabulous. Truly a 5 star experience in every way imaginable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunch !fancydiner1Dined on 3/18/2014My husband and I went to the Belvedere for my birthday ,everyone was very nice and the food was scrumptious! I will be back as soon as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THINGS CHANGEfoodieVIPDined on 3/13/2014USED TO FREQUENT BELVEDERE FREQUENTLY FOR WONDERFUL EATING EXPERIENCE. HAD REFLUX AFTER EATING 1/2 OF YOUR DRIED OUT HAMBURGER ORDERED MED. RARE. SOME OF BREAD WAS STALE... MENU WAS A BORE MEAL MORE THAN MEDIOCRE... WAITER WAS BEST THING THAT DAY, HE WAS GREAT. AMBIENCE LOVELY. VERY DISAPPOINTING...ANNETTE PRESSMAN ....WAS THERE LAST THURS.Special Features:
- Bad tableAngelenoDined on 2/27/2014I was very disappointed in the table the gave us- a booth where two us faced a booth wall in had ax Sked for a very nice special table as this was a special occasion and the should have given us a table with four chairs in the middle of the dining room so we could have enjoyed the atmosphere. Instead we got a booth like at a Denny's. Too bad.Special Features:
- Had to go backArthurJacobVIPDined on 2/25/2014With so many fine options in LA we couldn't help but go back. And we were lucky enough to have Rafael again. Sometimes a repeat is a disappointment, but not here. Highly recommended (again). And shout out too, to the new manager (Andre?) who was very gracious and professional. Kudos and thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific mealWeebleMomDined on 2/24/2014We went to the Belvedere for a special anniversary, and the night was terrific. The food was amazing, truly everything we ate was delightful, including the little chocolate mousse/passionfruit cake they presented to us with candles. We ordered glasses of wine which were also wonderful, and when I requested the name of one to write it down, I was a brought an extra half-glass of wine "because I liked it so much." The service was very attentive and polished, but still friendly. The only drawback to the evening was that there were only three tables seated in the whole place, so it felt a bit empty and quiet instead of convivial. But we had a wonderful dinner and evening and I would definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.ArthurJacobVIPDined on 2/23/2014Rafael was wonderful - food, service, beautiful outdoor patio, equals an excellent and relaxing lunch. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but great servicelisaVIPDined on 2/21/2014portions alittle on small side and menu alittle out of the norm but great servers, pricey tho be preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014This is not my first time at The Belvedere, nor my last! A really high class restaurant, with excellent food and great service. A wonderful place to go for a special occasion, but not limited to such. Expensive, but you get what you pay for here! A delight to the taste buds and a restaurant where you'll be treated very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.