9882 S. Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.peninsula.com/belvedere
- Phone: (310) 975-2736
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am to 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am to 2:30pm;
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm to 10:30pm;
Brunch: Sunday - 11:00am to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Codney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com or call (310) 788-2333 with any special event inquiries.
A word from The Belvedere
Offering modern American cuisine under the direction of acclaimed Executive Chef David Codney, The Belvedere has long been regarded as one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles, with impeccable service and a sophisticated atmosphere. The Belvedere was recently voted "Best Hotel Restaurant in the Continental US and Canada" by the readers of Travel + Leisure magazine and the recipient of the AAA Five Diamond award for 18 consecutive years. While the main dining room has a capacity of 65 to 70, the Private Dining Room can accommodate parties of up to 20 people for more intimate gatherings. The beautifully landscaped patio allows diners to enjoy the California sunshine as well as the impeccable cuisine. Menu highlights include items such as the famed "Truffled Macaroni and Cheese" - Elbow Macaroni with Black Truffles, Hen of the Woods Mushrooms & Parmigiano Reggiano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Belvedere - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Belvedere reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (32)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (21)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (10)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect in every way possible!DrRJDDined on 11/16/2014Service was excellent, light music, tasty entrees, immaculate decor. As close to a perfect experience as you can get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/13/2014fabulous place for dinner; one can actually have a conversation, the food is delicious, the atmosphere is wonderful, the table settings are beautiful and the wine list is marvelous. What a relief, it's like finding an oasis in the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDavidDined on 11/11/2014My wife and I planned our anniversary dinner there and we couldn't have been more pleased. We stayed at the Peninsula and so we'd have the best of both worlds. We will be back again and again and again I'm sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant champagne brunch in heart of Beverly HillsLACA4MEVIPDined on 11/2/2014Escape from the usual Sunday Brunch buffet madness to this oasis of calm and elegance where great food, perfect service and good conversation rule. A quiet quartet plays in the background while unlimited champagne flows. A little pricy but well worth it! Best Sunday Brunch in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after our wedding in LAWeddingDinner2014Oct31Dined on 10/31/2014We got married at the church in LA on Oct.31. We come from Tokyo for this ceremony. We were staying at Mr.C Hotel, But My wife want to take our dinner for making our memorable page at your restaurant. Very appreciate. Your food,wine,dessert and service were "Excellent". We will go to LA for our vacation in April or May/2015. We would like to take the dinner and to take good time in your restaurant. Thanks again for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance but poor food.primaveraVIPDined on 10/25/2014If you want a place to have a cocktail, this is the spot. But, forget about the food. It's incredibly expensive and most of the meal was inedible. My husband had a $36 entree that he literally could not eat. It was a giagantic piece of fat. The staff couldn't be nicer but we will not be going back.
- ElegantArthVIPDined on 10/23/2014Picked the belvedere for the elegance , quality of food and interior. Perfect for renewing friendship with college friend. Talked freely in a quiet surrounds for four hours. They were not busy and we felt like the restaurant was ours. One of the few restaurants serving my favorite skate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and ambianceRSFTravelerVIPDined on 10/14/2014I hadn't been to Belvedere in a while and forgot how good it is. The food selection is eclectic and all the preparations we tried were delicious. The service was outstanding, the atmosphere beautiful and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellentglenngarland2000Dined on 10/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great meal, a wonderful atmosphere and unmatched serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion BrunchFortune81Dined on 10/12/2014The staff at the Belvedere could not be more accommodating and thoughtful. They made my wheelchair- bound father's 90th birthday special -- seated us near the music, accommodated a late minute extra guest, brought a mini birthday treat after lunch...The brunch was effortless for me and memorable for everyone else. And the food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Treasure!ConstanceDined on 10/5/2014The entire staff were warm, friendly, professional and the dining experience was superb. The Sunday Brunch was everything you would want and in such an intimate and inviting setting. Fabulous live jazz trio, which enhanced the already wonderful atmosphere with a rendition of Beatles songs and many other warm engaging tunes at just the right volume. The food is spectacular. This was a special occasion made more special by the venue, staff and quality of food and presentation. Thank you.Special Features:
- Amazing!NatalieDined on 10/4/2014The food and service were amazing. Restaurant is very cosy, I would say it was the best place that we have been to in LA, for a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphereDiDoDined on 9/27/2014Attentive service, good atmosphere, not noisy. Good for a romantic meal. Food excellent.Special Features:
- Brunch at The BelvedereBirthdayDined on 9/7/2014Good Brunch (more of lunch/dinner menu then a traditional breakfast with eggs menu)! Bottomless GOOD champagne. Quiet. Good Service. The chocolate chip cookies and bread pudding were the best ever. We also saw several celebrities. Overall very good and fun!! Slightly pricey and probably will not return unless its a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperenceJWoodsDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful time and experience. The food was excellent as well as the service. A new spot for us. I would strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetodineVIPDined on 9/5/2014The service was excellent and everything was delicious . A great place for a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- smileyDined on 8/31/2014The food was high quality and the ambiance of the place was so beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenieDined on 8/27/2014I was underwhelmed. Loved the quiet atmosphere; service was very good; plating was excellent. But, the food itself -- nothing to write home about. Coupled with the prices, don't think we'll be back.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsGeminiVIPDined on 8/25/2014Two of us had the four course tasting menu while the third ordered from the regular menu. Service was poor which puzzles me because it was a Monday night and he dining room was almost empty. I ended up waving frantically at the end of dessert to get our check. The two people who ordered from the tasting menu were the most positive especially about the risotto, the short ribs and the Grand Marnier soufflé. My scallops were so-so.Special Features:
- AmazingTinaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Amazing - Is The Belvedere From The Moment I Entered Your Amazing - Restaurant To The Amazing- Outdoor Patio Dinning To The Amazing -Freshly Prepared Menu Items The AMAZING Kumquat's Soufflé. Oh My What An Amazing Meal I Had. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were here for a Travelzoo promotional voucher and enjoyed a 5-Star dining experience. The matching wine supplement was excellent and removed the problem of selecting from their extensive wine list. Since we had been here before for "special" occasions, it was great to note that the fact we came this time on a promotional voucher did not diminish their established quality of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningoverpricedDined on 8/20/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary - food, service and everything we could wish for were outstanding! The halibut was wonderful, as was the gnocchi. I did not think it was overpriced for what was provided!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/10/2014WE WERE ABLE TO SIT OUTSIDE FOR BRUNCH WITH MY 94 YEAR OLD FATHER. THERE WAS A 3 PIECE MUSICAL GROUP INSIDE, WHICH WAS LOVELY, BUT NOT FOR HAVING CONVERSATION WITH MY FATHER. THE BRUNCH WAS EXCELLENT, AND THE SERVICE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER. WE ALL ENJOYED OURSELVES.Special Features:
- Pretty goodPaulyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Used the travelzoo voucher, so got the tasting menu. Food was tasty, presented well, and portions were modest. The braised beef was not as hot as I wanted it to be, and I could not taste the chimichurri that I thought was written in the description, though maybe it was just some delicate "chimichurri" oil drizzle. One salad came with Feta cheese, but the description was something else, or vice versa. Finally, I added the duck potstickers, which were also tasty but were deep fried (though not fresh and crispy). I expected them to be steamed and oil crisped on one side.Special Features:
- AnnaDined on 8/1/2014very cozy...food was great....i love the macaroons placed in the basket for people leaving the restaurant to take. nice touch!Special Features:
- Old SchoolEWWWWWWDined on 7/31/2014The food was absolutely not that great. The decor was so old and dated I don't consider it fancy for 2014. The service was outstanding but what would one expect with only 4 tables occupied? We asked for medium rare and got medium well, there was kitchen debris in our desert, we used a Travelzoo and the portions were miniscule.Special Features:
- The following 352 reviews are from the The Belvedere reviews archive.
- Good Food but ...DaCodaDined on 7/26/2014The Belvedere has excellent quality food but eat before you go, as the portions are teeny.Our lunch group was made up of 5 petite gals and we were all hungry when we left. I ordered the salmon- great taste and quality but it was about 3 inches square, with a little fancy foam on top -and that was it! No veggies (save for a few they had on the plate for decoration and accent), no rice. Nada. My sister got the lobster salad and said the same thing. Excellent quality but almost no food. Guess this place is for starving actresses. So overall, it was fun to go here for lunch but eat first. The cost was fairly reasonable -$35pp with tip for an entree and ice tea (as opposed to the $67++ tea they had in the crowded lobby area). Service just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at the BelvedereChiGirlDined on 7/13/2014The quality and variety of food was outstanding and they poured endless Nicholas Feulliete (sp?). But a celebrity and his bodyguards constant movement took away from the ambience. The waitress was kind but not as attentive as usual. Perhaps short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2014Four good friends had a great meal and enjoyed talking to each other rather than shouting. Thanks!Special Features:
- jamesDined on 7/4/2014Belvedere is a beautiful restaurant with excellent food. The hotel, piano bar, and restaurant keep alive the elegant traditions of an earlier time. We were there for my birthday (70th) and felt a real connection to the fine ambience with the highest standards for a glittering night out in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Staff ReviewreeeeeelygoodDined on 6/22/2014The staff went overboard making sure that our dining experience was pleasurable. We had changed our reservations - during the day beginning with only two individuals, but ultimately ended up with 9 and the staff handled our changes without a hint of being 'ruffled'. We will definitely go back to this restaurant....many times.Special Features:
- Seasons52VIPDined on 6/18/2014It was all fine. Food was tasty. Service was attentive. Room was pretty. But nothing to write home about either. Haven't eaten here in about 10 years and I remember being far more impressed then. I would eat there again but it wouldn't be first on the list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough about this placecfreema7VIPDined on 6/17/2014This is pretty much the only restaurant in LA I feel OK with paying full price for. Expensive, yes, worth it, absolutely! The food is presented as if it is being prepared for a photo shoot. The service is incredible. We dined for my birthday last night. From the moment I walked up to the host, we were referred to by name. the waiter was on queue every time wine was low. then they did something I've never seen before: My wife and I were there on coupon, our two guest were not, and order only small entrees, we had four course meal. Our first course was brought, the waiter then brought my friend an amuse bouche. Our second course was brought out, along with small portion of truffle mac and cheese for our friends. Amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Wonderful food, service and ambience! We loved everything about the experience.Special Features:
- Great overall, but!WonkowskiVIPDined on 6/13/2014Always enjoy Belvedere, service is excellent, love the bread basket, love it's not noisy so we can have a nice conversation. This last time the main course is so tiny, 3 regular size scallops with the tiniest root vegetables, smaller than most restaurants appetizer. Wonder if they have changed their kitchen staff. I guess that's one way to have guests order desserts since main course isn't satisfying in terms if quantity. I'm already a very small eater, so if I find the portion too small, most people will still be hungry after dinner without ordering dessert. May be that's the reason the restaurant was half empty on a Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014terrible old fashion quisine was ill the next day as was the people I had dinner withSpecial Features:
- Celebration BrunchGeorgeDined on 6/8/2014I don't know why open table took our reservation for 10:30am for Sunday Brunch when the brunch begins at 11am. This is the second time this has happened at two different locations. I suppose now that I will have to call the restaurant directly eliminating the convenience of the open table booking. The music was wonderful but you need to sit inside to hear it. The Peking duck was also outstanding. The lack of crab was sorely missed.Special Features:
- Elegant As AlwaysLMBHVIPDined on 5/28/2014I'm at the Belvedere often and there is a reason why. Service is top notch and food is divine. Whether Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch or Dinner you can't go wrong. I never look at the menu for breakfast. I'm a creature of habit. I always have the Crab & Lobster Fritata. AMAZING!!! Lunch and Dinner just as amazing too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014The Belvedere's an elegant place for a special occasion. The ambience is one of quiet, taste, and subtlety. From the ample bread basket to the artistically presented dessert, our experience at the Belvedere was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/23/2014I always love to have brunch/lunch at the restaurant. It is my favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.