The Belvedere Restaurant
323 14th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
PolishPrice: $30 and under
The Belvedere Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.belvederedowntown.com/
- Phone: 7209744052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Polish, Eastern European
- Executive Chef: Kinga Klek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine Bar
- Catering: Polish - Eastern European food
A word from The Belvedere Restaurant
Belvedere Restaurant is a Polish - Easter European Authentic Cuisine.We prepare and cook everything from scratch with a freshest ingredients offering our customers good quality in Polish food.If You are a food taster that the place to be with a wide variety of European Beers , Wines and Spirits....Make sure You toast with us and taste our fabulous food "NA ZDROWIE" !!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Belvedere Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (26)romantic (19)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (9)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Terriffic and something differentarchie7Dined on 10/20/2014It's a little gem for sure. If you are looking for something different from whatever is 'typical', this is the place. It's speciality is labeled "Polish" and that may be the case, I'm not familiar with Polish cuisine but I do know the food was excellent with quite a variety of choices. Have not qualms about suggesting this restaurant for anyone who appreciates quality food, great service, a variety of food choices, and within walking distance of the 16th street mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014The food was decent and the server was very pleasant, but the decor was a throwback to the 1960s (or earlier).Special Features:
- Best Polish Food in the Denver AreaFromTheChicagoPoleDined on 10/11/2014Found this little restaurant by googling. Good location downtown, a couple of blocks from work. Easy to find. Great food just like Busia used to make- we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belvedere - a Great FindbelvedereDined on 10/11/2014The potato pancake appetizer was the bomb - the pickle soup (which my husband and I tried at a wonderful community center in Seattle...that was SO good!) was good, but a bit watery. It wasn't what we were expecting - although recipes vastly differ on this dish. I ordered the chef's perogies with red sausage. Very good! The flavored vodkas (fruity one, caramel, and gingerbread) were so tasty - but ZERO effect. We are convinced it was delicious water. :-) The crispy (dessert) crepes were worth the calories and the baklava was good, too (although overly sweet for me). Overall, I'd definitely go back. But I wouldn't get another flavored vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Excellent!DonnaDined on 10/9/2014Had a wonderful experience. Celebrated family birthdays and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good, good foodTomBDined on 10/4/2014Beng of Polish ancestry I can tell you the food is authentic, great. Portions are good sixe so you won't go hungry. The staff is courteous, prompt and niceSpecial Features:
- Unexplored GemLGoodinDined on 9/27/2014Loved this quaint and pretty Polish restaurant. It has an old world charm that was very inviting. They even had an organist playing soft music in the background. I had gotten a Groupon as there were going to be a group of us and thought that the offer of discounted drinks and appetisers would be a good way to help with the larger bill that I thought would be coming. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, the food was delicious. One of my friends got the trout and it was to die for. The shared appetisers were all large and went around well. The drinks were inventive and we all just thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The service as impeccable and the server was very polite and attentive. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014great food, relaxing atmoshpere, not stupid expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJennifetDined on 9/23/2014Second time here and the food was just as delicious as the first time. That is what brought me back. Happy hour had great deals. Service is slow but you get food made for you fresh out of the kitchen. Well worth the wait!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastern EuropeanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014Attentive and friendly staff. It worked out nicely for a pre-theater dinner. I'll to back and try some of the soups. Dry Dock Apricot Blonde was really enjoyable.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 9/9/2014Belvedere is a delightful restaurant. Delicious food and refreshing drinks. It's a favorite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the PatioJennifetDined on 9/2/2014The patio and the food were great. There is nowhere better then a good food find with a patio to really round out a good night. The service is really slow so this is not a place to get in and out fast but if you have time to wait the food and knowledge of the staff is worth it.Special Features:
- if you like Polish foodESH8Dined on 9/2/2014Lovely little gem near the Civic Center. The Polish plate was a generous combination of stuffed cabbage, Kielbasa, and pierogis, all delicious. We sat outside amid the flowers.Special Features:
- different, funkkajVIPDined on 8/10/2014Having never had Polish food before, we went in with a Travelzoo voucher and an open mind. Our server was a young, Chicago born, Polish girl. Lovely, energetic, knowledgeable. Food was delicious. Best experience we've had a long time - loved how different the tastes were!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FauxFoodieFauxFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Quaint, charming, and cozy...! Nice happy hour deals...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a find!JayAre52Dined on 8/8/2014we got our marriage license at the courthouse and stumbled on this authentic Central European gem. Polish food--who knew? The server, Katarina, was sweet; the food was delectable, not dense or overly starchy. We decided to return on our wedding day with our party of eight. Everybody shared our high regard for this delightful place. Go for the "Taste of Belvedere" if you can't decide what to have. Golabki, pierogi, kielbasa, schnitzel...and more. The rabbit in sour cream and the hunter's stew are great as well. Nastrovia!Special Features:
- Great Polish foodCaliforniaJagDined on 8/2/2014Highly recommended...all our food was delicious, and even though we had a group of 18 the service was fantastic. Go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to have lunch/ dinnertallison46Dined on 7/28/2014I was excited to visit the restaurant and was not disappointed. The service was outstanding and the food was as good as I'd hoped it would be...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ethnicanonymousDined on 7/10/2014The service is good, the atmosphere is cozy and friendly, the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Put a blanket on the DUCKloveperigeesDined on 7/3/2014Went with friends and family for happy hour then dinner. Upon arrival there was only one table occupied. Waitress came a greeted us. Ordered some beers and inquired about items on the menu. She was very nice. But then left and stood at the end of the bar for a long time. Had to go over and inquire about the beers and say we would like to order appetizers. Had to go get waitress 2 more times to order more appetizers and say we were ready to order dinner. Perogies good, stuffed cabbage okay but duck was still frozen in center. Once again got waitress, she felt the center and did take off the check. Waitresses nice, but like to hang at end of bar for L O N G periods of time. Would go back for perigees, would not go back for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2014This is real Polish food at unbelievable prices. Wonderful Polish beers on tapI would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it, you'll like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2014This downtown gem give us the opportunity to experience old world charm, ambience and food without leaving Denver. Our favorite soup is Beef Stroganoff Soup. The choice then becomes between an appetizer or an entree. All are cooked to order. Save room for the apple pie or apple crumble. If you can't go to Warsaw, try The Belvedere, you'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 190 reviews are from the The Belvedere Restaurant reviews archive.
- Loved it!M2M2VIPDined on 6/24/2014This was our first time eating at the Belvedere since it replaced the Berlin Cafe. Mike and I stopped by for a late lunch and was thrilled to recognize Katarina - our waitress from Kinga's lounge! Since we really enjoyed the food at Kinga's Lounge, I ordered the perogies again. Mike had the pork sandwich and really loved it. The only remark he had was the cool beer (not frosty cold) served very much like Europe. I remarked about the unique menu covers and Katarina explained how the mother of the owner handmade them. Charming restaurant, great service and fabulous outdoor patio! We will be frequenting Belvedere more often since its closer to our office. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!GoofyBlondeVIPDined on 6/22/2014Second time in and everything was as amazing as it was the first time! We tried other Polish restaurants in between our visits, and each time we compared the food to Belvedere, but nowhere else was as good! In fact, this place is so good that it has become our standard to compare all other restaurants to (not just food wise, but service, atmosphere, etc.)! Service was awesome, again, prices are very reasonable for the amount you get, and the food is delicious! We highly recommend the Taste of Belvedere (appetizer) so that you can try a little bit of everything they offer, and of course a beer to go along with it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Some of the best food I have ever eaten!!! The rabbit was delicious and the flavors, outstanding!!!!!Special Features:
- no chains, pleasenochainspleaseDined on 6/13/2014We found the Belvedere on New Years' Eve, when we wanted to be near the mall but didn't want to pay steak-house prices. Our group of 4 was thrilled with the food and the old-world ambience. Prices are reasonable, the wait-staff is friendly and has been the same every time we visited. The food is really delicious and filling. The Taste of the Belvedere platter is great for 2 people who want to try some of everything. My husband was in heaven with his crepe dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 5/29/2014The food was delicious. We absolutely loved it. The drinks were delicious and refreshing. We enjoyed the music on the patio. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. Our waitress had wonderful recommendations and we were thoroughly pleased. We look forward to coming back again.Special Features:
- Old world ambience and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2014We loved the look of the restaurant when we arrived. This was the best part of our experience. The bartender was the waiter and server as well. The drinks were small and took forever to get. The appetizers were very good. But the entrees were very disappointing. Two of us had the Chicken and it was dry and the cheese and ham were mostly absent. The Schnitzel was better, but not great . We were looking towards a nice unusual dinner. What we got was a nice place with really slow service and food that did not live up to other reviews. It's too bad really.
- Really loved it!sabroso1Dined on 5/11/2014This was just a great experience. You feel like you are walking into a warm comfy house where your family is cooking food for you, and the plus is that it's good food too! The pierogie's were delicious and filling! My family and I went for the first time and it was fabulous! Everything we ate was tasty. Think twice about the possibilities of potatoes and cabbage, because they are endless and full of flavor! I will be going again!Special Features:
- Service was outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2014Was the food good? Yes, very tasty pierogi and potato cakes. Were the drinks good? Yes. The traditional Polish apple drink was very refreshing, unique, and tasty. However...with all of that...our server, Carolina, really made the experience exceptional. By far one of the best waitresses we have EVER had!!!Special Features:
- Such a cute restaurant!kateylynnVIPDined on 5/7/2014Just like being in Europe when you dine in this cute restaurant near Downtown. My husband had the Duck and I had the Cabbage Rolls (Golabki?) Enjoyed the house wine, salads and an appetizer of crab cakes. All in all, a delicious and hearty meal.Special Features:
- Great Polish FoodChicagoanVIPDined on 5/7/2014Took my 93-yr-old mother to lunch for her birthday. She is Polish and REALLY liked the food. We had glubkis, pierogis, latkis and they were all delicious. For a touch of Europe, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Night On the TownDiningOut777Dined on 5/6/2014Belvedere was one of the most romantic restaurants I have been to. Having gone on a weekday it was extremely quite and perfect for a date. The atmosphere and design of the restaurant was all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingTBearVIPDined on 5/6/2014It's some 5-6 blocks from DPAC. The area is safe, but not very attractive. However, as you cross the threshold; you feel that you are entering another world. Great ambiance. The menu is definitely Polish as is the staff. The food was good and the waitress was very friendly. Good change of pace.
- always good!DCS1VIPDined on 5/4/2014Friendly service, good food, a little bit out of the downtown craziness, what's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointingwashparkfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Greasy potato pancakes. Veal full of gristle. Duck tasted like boiled chicken. Terrible presentation. We will not be back.
- Dzien Dobry!ChicagoanVIPDined on 5/2/2014Very good Polish restaurant with something for everyone. We had the goulash and schnitzel and both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatLovetotravelandeatDined on 4/27/2014Went to restaurant on Sunday evening. One waitress was running the entire operation. We were told Sunday is a slow night. The Waitress was very good and attentive. Ambiance was OK definitely reminded me of our travels in Eastern Europe. Because it was slow it was very quite a little uncomfortable. Food was OK, Not great not Bad. Desert was very good expect the filo dough exterior was very tough had been sitting in the refrigerator for a few days . Cost of meal was very fair.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014the service was excellent and i enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Great Food!grizgirlDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I were looking for some place new to go for dinner. The Belvedere came up with 4 stars and great comments. We've had German food before so thought, why not Polish food! To our surprise, the location used to house Cafe Berlin! The service was awesome. She took the time to answer our questions and make recommendations. The perogies were delicious and the Polish vodka was ever so smooth! We highly recommend it and will no doubt return.Special Features: