The Belvedere Restaurant
323 14th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
PolishPrice: $30 and under
The Belvedere Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.belvederedowntown.com/
- Phone: 7209744052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Polish, Eastern European
- Executive Chef: Kinga Klek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine Bar
- Catering: Polish - Eastern European food
A word from The Belvedere Restaurant
Belvedere Restaurant is a Polish - Easter European Authentic Cuisine.We prepare and cook everything from scratch with a freshest ingredients offering our customers good quality in Polish food.If You are a food taster that the place to be with a wide variety of European Beers , Wines and Spirits....Make sure You toast with us and taste our fabulous food "NA ZDROWIE" !!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Belvedere Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (21)romantic (15)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Eastern EuropeanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014Attentive and friendly staff. It worked out nicely for a pre-theater dinner. I'll to back and try some of the soups. Dry Dock Apricot Blonde was really enjoyable.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 9/9/2014Belvedere is a delightful restaurant. Delicious food and refreshing drinks. It's a favorite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the PatioJennifetDined on 9/2/2014The patio and the food were great. There is nowhere better then a good food find with a patio to really round out a good night. The service is really slow so this is not a place to get in and out fast but if you have time to wait the food and knowledge of the staff is worth it.Special Features:
- if you like Polish foodESH8Dined on 9/2/2014Lovely little gem near the Civic Center. The Polish plate was a generous combination of stuffed cabbage, Kielbasa, and pierogis, all delicious. We sat outside amid the flowers.Special Features:
- different, funkkajVIPDined on 8/10/2014Having never had Polish food before, we went in with a Travelzoo voucher and an open mind. Our server was a young, Chicago born, Polish girl. Lovely, energetic, knowledgeable. Food was delicious. Best experience we've had a long time - loved how different the tastes were!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FauxFoodieFauxFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Quaint, charming, and cozy...! Nice happy hour deals...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Polish foodCaliforniaJagDined on 8/2/2014Highly recommended...all our food was delicious, and even though we had a group of 18 the service was fantastic. Go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to have lunch/ dinnertallison46Dined on 7/28/2014I was excited to visit the restaurant and was not disappointed. The service was outstanding and the food was as good as I'd hoped it would be...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ethnicanonymousDined on 7/10/2014The service is good, the atmosphere is cozy and friendly, the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Put a blanket on the DUCKloveperigeesDined on 7/3/2014Went with friends and family for happy hour then dinner. Upon arrival there was only one table occupied. Waitress came a greeted us. Ordered some beers and inquired about items on the menu. She was very nice. But then left and stood at the end of the bar for a long time. Had to go over and inquire about the beers and say we would like to order appetizers. Had to go get waitress 2 more times to order more appetizers and say we were ready to order dinner. Perogies good, stuffed cabbage okay but duck was still frozen in center. Once again got waitress, she felt the center and did take off the check. Waitresses nice, but like to hang at end of bar for L O N G periods of time. Would go back for perigees, would not go back for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2014This is real Polish food at unbelievable prices. Wonderful Polish beers on tapI would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it, you'll like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2014This downtown gem give us the opportunity to experience old world charm, ambience and food without leaving Denver. Our favorite soup is Beef Stroganoff Soup. The choice then becomes between an appetizer or an entree. All are cooked to order. Save room for the apple pie or apple crumble. If you can't go to Warsaw, try The Belvedere, you'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!M2M2VIPDined on 6/24/2014This was our first time eating at the Belvedere since it replaced the Berlin Cafe. Mike and I stopped by for a late lunch and was thrilled to recognize Katarina - our waitress from Kinga's lounge! Since we really enjoyed the food at Kinga's Lounge, I ordered the perogies again. Mike had the pork sandwich and really loved it. The only remark he had was the cool beer (not frosty cold) served very much like Europe. I remarked about the unique menu covers and Katarina explained how the mother of the owner handmade them. Charming restaurant, great service and fabulous outdoor patio! We will be frequenting Belvedere more often since its closer to our office. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!GoofyBlondeVIPDined on 6/22/2014Second time in and everything was as amazing as it was the first time! We tried other Polish restaurants in between our visits, and each time we compared the food to Belvedere, but nowhere else was as good! In fact, this place is so good that it has become our standard to compare all other restaurants to (not just food wise, but service, atmosphere, etc.)! Service was awesome, again, prices are very reasonable for the amount you get, and the food is delicious! We highly recommend the Taste of Belvedere (appetizer) so that you can try a little bit of everything they offer, and of course a beer to go along with it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Some of the best food I have ever eaten!!! The rabbit was delicious and the flavors, outstanding!!!!!Special Features:
- no chains, pleasenochainspleaseDined on 6/13/2014We found the Belvedere on New Years' Eve, when we wanted to be near the mall but didn't want to pay steak-house prices. Our group of 4 was thrilled with the food and the old-world ambience. Prices are reasonable, the wait-staff is friendly and has been the same every time we visited. The food is really delicious and filling. The Taste of the Belvedere platter is great for 2 people who want to try some of everything. My husband was in heaven with his crepe dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 5/29/2014The food was delicious. We absolutely loved it. The drinks were delicious and refreshing. We enjoyed the music on the patio. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. Our waitress had wonderful recommendations and we were thoroughly pleased. We look forward to coming back again.Special Features:
- The following 185 reviews are from the The Belvedere Restaurant reviews archive.
- Old world ambience and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2014We loved the look of the restaurant when we arrived. This was the best part of our experience. The bartender was the waiter and server as well. The drinks were small and took forever to get. The appetizers were very good. But the entrees were very disappointing. Two of us had the Chicken and it was dry and the cheese and ham were mostly absent. The Schnitzel was better, but not great . We were looking towards a nice unusual dinner. What we got was a nice place with really slow service and food that did not live up to other reviews. It's too bad really.
- Really loved it!sabroso1Dined on 5/11/2014This was just a great experience. You feel like you are walking into a warm comfy house where your family is cooking food for you, and the plus is that it's good food too! The pierogie's were delicious and filling! My family and I went for the first time and it was fabulous! Everything we ate was tasty. Think twice about the possibilities of potatoes and cabbage, because they are endless and full of flavor! I will be going again!Special Features:
- Service was outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2014Was the food good? Yes, very tasty pierogi and potato cakes. Were the drinks good? Yes. The traditional Polish apple drink was very refreshing, unique, and tasty. However...with all of that...our server, Carolina, really made the experience exceptional. By far one of the best waitresses we have EVER had!!!Special Features:
- Such a cute restaurant!kateylynnVIPDined on 5/7/2014Just like being in Europe when you dine in this cute restaurant near Downtown. My husband had the Duck and I had the Cabbage Rolls (Golabki?) Enjoyed the house wine, salads and an appetizer of crab cakes. All in all, a delicious and hearty meal.Special Features:
- Great Polish FoodChicagoanVIPDined on 5/7/2014Took my 93-yr-old mother to lunch for her birthday. She is Polish and REALLY liked the food. We had glubkis, pierogis, latkis and they were all delicious. For a touch of Europe, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Night On the TownDiningOut777Dined on 5/6/2014Belvedere was one of the most romantic restaurants I have been to. Having gone on a weekday it was extremely quite and perfect for a date. The atmosphere and design of the restaurant was all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingTBearVIPDined on 5/6/2014It's some 5-6 blocks from DPAC. The area is safe, but not very attractive. However, as you cross the threshold; you feel that you are entering another world. Great ambiance. The menu is definitely Polish as is the staff. The food was good and the waitress was very friendly. Good change of pace.
- always good!DCS1VIPDined on 5/4/2014Friendly service, good food, a little bit out of the downtown craziness, what's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointingwashparkfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Greasy potato pancakes. Veal full of gristle. Duck tasted like boiled chicken. Terrible presentation. We will not be back.
- Dzien Dobry!ChicagoanVIPDined on 5/2/2014Very good Polish restaurant with something for everyone. We had the goulash and schnitzel and both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatLovetotravelandeatDined on 4/27/2014Went to restaurant on Sunday evening. One waitress was running the entire operation. We were told Sunday is a slow night. The Waitress was very good and attentive. Ambiance was OK definitely reminded me of our travels in Eastern Europe. Because it was slow it was very quite a little uncomfortable. Food was OK, Not great not Bad. Desert was very good expect the filo dough exterior was very tough had been sitting in the refrigerator for a few days . Cost of meal was very fair.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014the service was excellent and i enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Great Food!grizgirlDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I were looking for some place new to go for dinner. The Belvedere came up with 4 stars and great comments. We've had German food before so thought, why not Polish food! To our surprise, the location used to house Cafe Berlin! The service was awesome. She took the time to answer our questions and make recommendations. The perogies were delicious and the Polish vodka was ever so smooth! We highly recommend it and will no doubt return.Special Features:
- Great Polish Home Cooking!dinnerfor3Dined on 4/2/2014We loved the ambience and the fact that it was quiet! We came for some good old-fashioned Polish cuisine, and weren't disappointed. The pierogies were as good as my mother's and the latkes were delicious! We also had an excellent Bulgarian red wine. I especially liked the layout of the Belvedere--areas sectioned off to give the feel of being in someone's home. Overall, a most enjoyable experience. I'll certainly return the next time I'm in Denver!Special Features:
- Keep coming back!LaraPamDined on 3/22/2014We discovered this place in September and have gone back numerous times. Taken friends and family, too!Special Features:
- I'm PolishStandyDined on 3/7/2014Well, Czech, but my husband & friends are Polish. This restaurant offers some wonderful old world choices. The staff is wonderful and we always enjoy eating here.Special Features:
- I could not be happier!soixterDined on 3/1/2014Our party of 12 was very well taken care of on a Saturday night. The food was top shelf, our server was appropriately attentive and very educated with regard to the menu. We ate, we drank, we laughed throughout the night in a very warm comfortable environment. I will not hesitate to return to The Belvedere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Taste of the old countryNeoenophileDined on 2/28/2014The Belvedere is a small, cozy place, lots of charm and romance, and for our party of 5 we were escorted onto the balcony overlooking the main seating area of the restaurant. It was great to have a semi-private space, but it was located on the path to the bathrooms, so not quite as private as would have been desirable. Food was excellent, and staff was attentive but did not hover. Portions were hearty - we ended up taking home a fair amount of the sampler. The pierogi were well done and tasty. Would not hesitate to return, just for dinner and to explore more of the items on the menu. Our birthday boy is adventurous and chose the dill pickle soup - it was DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- food was wonderful and waitmikeDined on 2/28/2014food was wonderful and wait staff superb -- having never had much Polish/Eastern European food, both my wife and I were thoroughly delighted & impressedSpecial Features:
- Authentic Polish/ Eastern EuropeanfortheloveoffoodDined on 2/25/2014Great food and large portions. If you have any Eastern European heritage or interest, you must go to Belvedere! The sampler platter is a must have - and is good for a meal for 2/3 people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceRRRRDined on 2/25/2014Excellent Eastern European food; not for a light or low calorie meal but an excellent choice for a special occasion or new ethnic food experience. Service was friendly & attentive with good recommendations, not at all intrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Polish Food! Nice StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went here for Valentine's Day. Food was great as well as the service. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time to The BelvedereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I loved the romantic candlelit atmosphere - very warm neutral tones. Food was good, but not spectacular considering the prices. Wines were $29-$38 a bottle. Overall not too bad, but I will probably not go back due to poor customer service.Special Features: