The Bell & Anchor
3253 Noyac Road
Sag Harbor, NY 11963Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Bell & Anchor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebellandanchor.com/
- Phone: (631) 725-3400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:50pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sam McCleland, chef de cuisine: David Liszankie
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact The Bell & Anchor directly for catering inquires.
- Entertainment: OYSTERS...LOBSTER...PORK BELLY...
A word from The Bell & Anchor
The Bell & Anchor is the newest restaurant venture from David Loewenberg & Sam McCleland (owners of the popular Beacon in Sag Harbor). Serving a menu of fresh seafood, including steamed whole lobsters & raw bar, along with great steaks & roast chicken, The Bell & Anchor also serves up one of the best views in the Hamptons. Open year round, The Bell & Anchor also is available for private functions, both large & intimate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bell & Anchor reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (10)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always goodgoodmannersDined on 10/30/2014Bell and an or can't help but climb to the top of reliable favorites. The food is always good and during rage week, you can almost always get a seat...not so on weekends in the summer. Great menu. Of the restaurants owned by this group...Red Bar (and Little Red) and Beacon, this is the best!Special Features:
- BestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014Every single dish at Bell and Anchor is beyond delicious! Great, smart and attentive service. Cannot say enough good things - love it.Special Features:
- SandradtsandradtDined on 10/25/2014We liked the food a great deal but the noise level interfered with the meal. Everything else was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014The soup was great as well as pasta. The seafood was fresh and the clams were tops.Special Features:
- marcoVIPDined on 9/27/2014just an ok meal nothing special portions small nice setting wouldn't return
- Not as good as the first time! :(XanthiDined on 9/13/2014The first time we went to Bell & Anchor we were so impressed, with the food, service and ambiance! It was fantastic. We've might have gone on an off-night, but the food wasn't as special and the service was pretty bad. Our reservation was fairly late, so maybe that makes a difference, hopefully next time we'll shoot for an earlier reservation and hope for the best.
- Delicious FoodNYNYGIraffeDined on 8/11/2014My son and I had dinner at Bell and Anchor two nights ago. We split the tuna bowl, which was like a Japanese version of ceviche. It was delicious. Then, he had the chicken breast, which he loved. I had the Boulliabaisse. Although the broth was a bit too thick and not quite garlicky enough for my tastes, the seafood was delicious. For dessert, my son had a very moist carrot cake and I had a pannacotta with a delightfully tart lemon sauce. There is still lots to sample on the menu, so we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!RSMMathewsVIPDined on 8/5/2014We go this restaurant as often as we can because we cannot get enough of their delicious food, wonderful warm service and delightful view. We've never had anything but the most positive experience which makes me sincerely question the individuals making such nonsensical comments on this page. The bartenders are total pros. The location too far from town???? Who walks to dinner out here and from where? Sounds like a lot of sour grapes and perhaps a little misguided mischief by a competitor. I'd have to believe that's the case or else we are clearly not talking about the same outstanding Bell and Anchor.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestKGS220VIPDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I arrived at 8pm for dinner and were completely finished with our appetizer and entree by 8:45. It was like the kitchen was on auto-pilot to just push the food through service. The restaurant was only about half full and there was no need for speed dining. The food was good but had a couple of significant misses. The appetizer portion of mussels was skimpy though delicious. Putting mussels into a small salad plate, yielding about 15 mussels, is just ridiculous. The lobster cobb salad was really sub par...the lobster was totally tasteless and the supermarket cherry tomatoes even more so. Last I checked, we're at the height of tomato season out here on LI. What does it take to slice up a local tomato and put it in a $17 salad?Special Features:
- The following 56 reviews are from the The Bell & Anchor reviews archive.
- First TimerslesokDined on 7/28/2014This was our first time dining at Bell & Anchor. The view was beautiful looking out over the marine into Noyac Bay. Service was friendly sand polite. We had the mussels on the coconut milk broth and they were excellent. Our entree's were the striped bass and fish & chips. Both were prepared perfectly and delicious. We will definitely be back and would recommend this restaurant to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSPH52VIPDined on 7/23/2014We were sent by friends who actually live in the area. It's not really enough to say it was a great meal... We were glad to find a place with great food, friendly people, great service, and reasonable prices. We went there twice in our week in Sag. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined but overpriced2BunhappyDined on 7/21/2014Nice food options and atmosphere. Too far from main town. Portions somewhat smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Midway StopOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2014On Noyac road, great seafood, limited menu but very good food, a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Hamptons worst attitudeHamptonsyearroundVIPDined on 7/1/2014Don't order the steak (tastes like rubber). And the bar tenders have egos bigger than the customers. They won't last long. Predict the end of this franchise by the fall.Special Features:
- One of my favsLexidocVIPDined on 6/25/2014Located on Noyac Bay overlooking a marina the Bell and Anchor is a pretty room with lovely reflected light from the water. The food is classic seafood house, selection of fresh briny oysters, lobsters, and various other fish dishes as well as entrees for non fish eaters. Everything is well prepared, very fresh, well plated. Wine lost is varied and reasonable by today's restaurant standards. The service was a little off the other night but the staff was responsive when we asked for missing items or service-ware. The ambience is always upbeat with a festive but not over powering noise level. We dont go out much in this very expensive area (the Hamptons) but when we do the Bell and Anchor is one of our favorites and doesn't break the bank!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Service attentive, not intrusive. Atmosphere chill. Like that the owner seems to there often. Like that they have local wines on tap. Food very good and fresh.Special Features:
- Reliable neighborhood placeGlad4GrouponVIPDined on 6/14/2014Nice to have in the neighborhood. Love the price fixe dinner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Sunset and delicious foodGlad4GrouponVIPDined on 6/9/2014Nice to have in the neighborhood. Great selection of seafood.....which is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for mediocre foodLiteacherDined on 5/25/2014The service at Bell & Anchor was excellent. The waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. The food, not so great. $18 for shrimp cocktail that included three medium to large shrimp was way overpriced. $6 per shrimp??? The beet salad was nothing spectacular, more along the lines of what I make after a trip to Trader Joes. Rib eye steak had no flavor and the Lobster Garganelli had a few small pieces of lobster. Add two drinks and one Brownie dessert (very small) and the check came to $185 with the tip. I don't mind paying for good food, but this was something that didn't warrant the high price.
- We love this Noyac gem !HamptonsPhotographerDined on 5/11/2014We are huge fans of the Red Bar restaurants in the Hamptons, and this new one in Noyac never disappoints. Great location, great food, and amazing friendly staff. We keep coming back. Great bar scene too. we love Sunday brunch here as well.Special Features:
- Always a treatJonBradDined on 5/11/2014Usually go there on Sunday evenings for an early dinner. It never disappoints. Start with some of the AMAZING local oysters and often get the pre fixe dinner. Service is always super friendly and for this date - Mother's Day - we got the "Mother's Day pour" on our wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rapper1Dined on 5/3/2014Bell & Anchor never disappoints whether it's the delicious and interesting food or the excellent service. My only caveat is that it is very loud in the dining room which makes talking difficult.Special Features:
- Really good food!FoodophileDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch, and we tried the grilled octopus salad (lemony and divine), the lobster in corn saffron sauce over pasta and spinach (probably took 5 hours to make, delicious), the blackened flounder (loved by my DH who doesn't usually even eat fish) and a great death-by-chocolate dessert of dense fudgy brownie with homemade coffee/cappuccino ice cream - how often is everything you order truly top-notch? Excellent food and service, but the room is a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you will find good foodluvitVIPDined on 4/18/2014love going to Bell and Anchor and sometime find it hard to get a table. book early and you will never be disappointed. David knows how to run a restaurant and have been going to his for years. He is the star of the HamptonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't get any better than thisRSMMathewsVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food at The Bell and Anchor is consistently superb. The service is delightful. The view over the Marina is very pretty. If you go early, you'll not only enjoy the view longer, you'll also avoid the high decibel level encountered as the evening goes on. Excellent in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysPeterDined on 2/22/2014The consistent quality of the service and food continues in 2014. The pork tenderloin cassoulet was outstanding, with white beans, duck confit and bits of sausage in a hearty yet subtle broth base. A remarkable dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another terrific mealBobhDined on 1/25/2014We have eaten here often and never had a bad meal. My wife had the lobster thermadore which was exquisite. The salmon again was a winner, cooked to perfection. I tried the lamb special which was great. The staff is very attentive and helpful in detailing the menu. The wine selection is varied and you can always find a reasonably priced bottle. The crowd was a little smaller than usual, which kept the noise level down. David the owner checked in to see how we were doing. All in all a great night with extended family. For me this is always at the top of my listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food, serviceFoodyVIPDined on 12/28/2013Always great food, service and ambiance. We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. We will keep coming back!!Special Features:
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2013The selections were very limited. Others had surcharges. It feels like bait and switch. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Great food but much too noisySadaDined on 11/3/2013Great food but much too noisy during Summer dinner prime time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip brunch at Bell & AnchorDrDebDined on 11/3/2013Terribly disappointed given the exceptional food and service at its sister restaurants Red Bar and Little Red in Southampton. Given there were only 3 tables being served during brunch, I would have expected the service to be stellar. The service was horrible--had to ask waiter to take drink order; waited an inordinate amount of time for food; had to ask three servers for ketchup! Food was mediocre--omelet was boring; chips from fish & chips were great-but fish was ok. Server misquoted was included with omelet--told chips but they were not served. Venue is beautiful but they seated 1 of the nly 3 table tops right next to us--honestly, couldn't you have given us some more room!!, Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Stay HomeKarnakDined on 10/5/2013A ruination of a beautiful space that was previously called The Oasis. Now it would be more aptly termed a Diner. The owners have removed every bit of ambiance and noise abatement. It reminds me of dining in a cafeteria. The noise level is intolerable. We moved our table in a failed attempt to find a more Suitable spot to no avail. Save your money Not even the so so food could save this place. Instead head further west on Noyack Road The Coast Grilll offers atmosphere great service and far superior cuisine
- Off Season DiningmoderngirlVIPDined on 9/28/2013I waited to go to Bell and Anchor until off season. I was glad to have waited. Everything from the time you are greeted by the hostess as you entered to the time that she wishes you a good night as you leave, was great. Our waitress was lovely. The table was not ready but the bar had available seating for a drink prior to dinner (remember: off season!). The food choices on the menu are varied. We shared a salad and some ribs for apps and I had a fish dish as a main course. Everything was quite good. It was an overall very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerJennyDVIPDined on 9/6/2013The raw-bar items were fresh and delicious. The tomato-burrata salad is the best in the Hamptons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2013The food was excellent, but the dinner took 3 hours and the service was very mediocre. We have been other times and this was not an issue though. I think it was just very busy since it's the end of Aug.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten at Bell andFoodyVIPDined on 8/21/2013We have eaten at Bell and Anchor several times and it is always great. We love the food, service and ambiance. We will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Sag DiningJudeatsDined on 8/7/2013Excellent food especially fish! A bit noisy but not as bad as some others. good service. overall worth repeat visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable.RichBVIPDined on 8/1/2013We've been here several times, and it's always good food and friendly, efficient service. Only some tables have a view of a little marina near the windows. Most tables don't. Lobster pasta and lobster Cobb salad both have tons of lobster. Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bells rang at the registerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2013Although everything was great, I can't help but be affected by the fact that it cost $110 a person to eat here. We did have 2 drinks each and an appetizer. I would probably go back but not without warning our friends about the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2013A great corner table with water view was waiting when we arrived, along with a beautiful bouquet of roses delivered earlier by Flower Petal.The extremely cordial, accommodating staff created a memorable experience for our party of 7. Service & ambience were superb, pacing of the meal was just-right.Oysters from the raw bar, as well as the salmon and halibut entrees, were fresh and delectable. Portion sizes were ample, yet manageable -- a much-appreciated feature. And desserts...we sampled 3...were nicely presented and the perfect finish to a lovely dinner. We arrived at 6 to a sparse crowd, but when we left, tables and the bar area were pleasantly alive. This was not our first visit, and it definitely won't be our last. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.