The Belfry Gastro House
630 8 Ave Sw
Calgary, AB T2P1G8Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Belfry Gastro House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://belfrygastrohouse.com/
- Phone: 4034572700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - Closing
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Northwest, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Wes Gordon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: BELL AND TOWER
SPECIAL EVENT ROOMS
In the heart of downtown, Calgary's first and only Gastro house offers the Bell and Tower rooms for all your special event needs. With full multimedia capabilities, the Bell and Tower room have everything you need to host a successful business meeting, relax with the guys and watch your favorite pay per view, or celebrate that special someone's birthday, stag/stagette or anniversary.
Make an appointment to meet with one of the Belfry Gastro House managers and it will be our extreme pleasure to ensure your event is a success.
- Private Party Contact: Wes 4034572700
A word from The Belfry Gastro House
The gastro house is the merriment of the highest quality freshly prepared food, celebrated with a vast selection of thirst quenchers in a “public house” (pub) setting. The belfry...by definition is a bell tower, offering as a beacon, usually standing alone, for the surrounding villagers & travellers that they have reached their destination, whether it be before, after or everything in between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Belfry Gastro House - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Belfry Gastro House reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (20)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014I booked a reservation for noon, showed up at 12:05pm and our table had been given away because we were late.
- Great Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014I've been to The Belfry many many times and have always enjoyed it and have no problem recommending it for lunch. (only time I go so I can't speak to the evenings)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 out of 5sloppyjohDined on 8/28/2014Way to slow, food cold, soup cold. Po'boy bun way to dry & hard, chicken sandwich drenched in mango salsa, soggy, should be served on the side.
- UnderstaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Went for a business lunch. They were understaffed, so it took a long time to get our order taken and a long time to get our food. It had clearly been sitting out too long between the time it was prepared and when it was finally served as it was cold.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The outstanding service is what makes this place an very good choice for casual business lunches. The staff is friendly and outstanding.Special Features:
- Better than average pub foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2014Service was good, attentive. Food was better than average pub food. The onion ring appetizer was delicious, as was the steak sandwich. The caesar salad was disappointing, but overall, we thought it was a decent meal. We wouldn't make a special trip to the area to go to the Belfry, but if we were in the area and looking for a place to grab a bite, we'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the The Belfry Gastro House reviews archive.
- nice lunch spotNikiBDined on 5/9/2014I reserved for lunch on a Friday. I'm glad made a reservation because our was busy. The food was tasty and service was friendly and attentive even though it was busy. My only complaints were that a lot of their beer was "out" despite being told by the server that they had an extensive be list and the pea shots in the fish tacos were whole, making it difficult to eat. That being said, everything was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at Belfrygarryh123Dined on 5/9/2014Arrived for an 11:45 reservation. Was seated right away but waited about 10 minutes to be acknowledged by a swerver. Lunch order was place at 12:10 but we did not receive our food until 13:05.
- Do not order the cobb saladOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014The worst cobb salad I have ever had. The waitress was less than friendly as well. I would only recommend going here for a quick drink but not for food or friendly staff.
- Good ole BelfryLuvtoeatDined on 5/6/2014The Belfry never dissappoints. Typical pub fare, but excellent staff always makes a visit here outstanding.Special Features:
- Friday Lunch for 4YvonneVIPDined on 4/25/2014Everyone was happy with the food. My bison burger was great. Our waitress was good in setting our expectation when we sat down that the kitchen was slow that day. It took more than 30 minutes for the food to come but that was okay...we were warned.Special Features:
- Client lunchMartyDined on 3/31/2014A great place to meet clients in a casual atmosphere. Good food. Excellent beer selection. The service was quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2014Had a reservation for 11:45. Was seated, but not approached for 15 minutes. Not great if you are out for lunch from work. Was late getting back to work as a result. It was very noisy! Food was okay, but came out cold. Since everything was so late, I ate it anyway as I did not have time to send it back and wait again. Probably will not go back.