The Beaver Club-Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
900 Rene Levesque Blvd, West
Montreal, QC H3B 4A5Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
The Beaver Club-Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/queen-elizabeth-montreal/dining/beaver-club/
- Phone: 5148613511x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday to Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Alain Pignard
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Alcove of the Beaver Club is ideal for an intimate get together or private party up to 20 guests. Experience a culinary adventure you will not soon forget.
- Private Party Contact: Pierre Tuffeau 5149542266x
A word from The Beaver Club-Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
Thanks to its unique history, elegant ambiance and gourmet cuisine, the Beaver Club is a memorable gourmet destination appreciated by locals and international guests alike. Executive Chef Alain Pignard is known for his creative and modern cuisine inspired by the best local ingredients from the season. The Beaver Club offers table d’hôte and tasting menus as well as à la carte dishes showcasing the bounty of Québec.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Beaver Club-Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth reviews from OpenTable diners
- Beaver Club ClosedUnhappyDined on 5/2/2014Drive from Philadelphia to Montreal to experience this restaurant after 46 years. We dined there on our honeymoon. Received your reminder two days before the reservation. We arrived to find out the restaurant had been closed for over a month. This was a huge disappointment and a significant expense. Not at all pleased with Open Table!
- Very nice experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013We had dinner to celebrate a birthday, we had a few children in the group and they were very accommodating! Including baby seat and kid menu, which was a very pleasant surprise! Service was very good and very friendly! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentLouismVIPDined on 12/20/2013Service and food inconsistent! Not what I was expecting from this upscale restaurant! The only wow factor was desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAVER CLUBLILIDined on 12/7/2013The food is very good, the lobster bisque sensational, pricing rather good for the choice on le menu gourmand This restaurant is however for the much older generation, not trendy at all, and service not that great, seemed disorganized, would expect more from a high end restaurant like this, which has also existed for so long, Definitely needs a makeoverSpecial Features:
- Memorable ExperienceDeaconDined on 11/30/2013Our dining experience was one we will remember for a long time. The friendliness of the staff, the attention to detail and the outstanding food and service were beyond compare. Staff went out of their way to make certain that our experience at the Beaver Club was as special an experience as the reason for the special night out. We felt spoiled by the staff and loved every moment of it.Special Features:
- Celebrated 40th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013I chose this restaurant to celebrate my husband's 40th Birthday and it was the most enjoyable dining experiences we have ever had in Montreal. It was very private and the noise level was at a minimum. The food was beautifully presented. The Entrees/Starters were delicious. For the main course, my husband had a steak that was carved in front of him and he enjoyed every mouthful. The vegetables were beautifully cooked and seasoned. We had delicious savoury 'amuse bouche' between courses. There were a lovely selection desserts presented to our table. The service was excellent, they were friendly, courteous and attentive and there was no rushing. Parking arrangements were excellent. Next time we have something to celebrate, we'll be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was exceptionalMaryGVIPDined on 11/8/2013The service was exceptional and the food was great!! We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2013Perfect for dining with your beloved on a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food, impeccable servicenewengland73Dined on 10/26/2013Went here for a special night with family. Ordered the 3 course price-fixed menu, and they gave us lots of extras along the way. Nice wine list with variety of prices. Each course was fantastic. The gentleman seating us and giving us beaver tail candy as we departed was especially gracious and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After disappointing/unpleasantMarshallVIPDined on 10/25/2013After disappointing/unpleasant experiences in this hotel's other two restaurants, it was with some trepidation that we ventured into their most expensive venue. However we were pleasantly surprised to find very good food and good service. The only caveat was that the grand marnier souffles --while spectacular in appearance-- had a disappointing mushy/wet texture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful meal fromCarolDined on 10/19/2013Had a wonderful meal from start to finish. Excellent food and wine and an attentive staff. This is, indeed, a special place.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. JosetorleafanDined on 10/12/2013Wonderful experience. Jose was a wonderful server. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb WonderfulGlendaDined on 10/12/2013Everything about this restaurant: the food, the wine, the service, the selection is out of this world. EVERY restaurant that takes itself seriously should aim it sites/standards as high the Beaver Club. It is expensive but worth every penny and more.Special Features:
- Worth the visitRickVIPDined on 10/11/2013Service was attentive, the food was delicious, and the wine was very nice.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseShazamDined on 10/5/2013Really enjoyed this meal. Would definitely return.
- Simply the bestSiminaAnnDinDined on 9/21/2013My husband and I had our 1 year anniversary dinner at this restaurant and it was simply the best. It literally was the best meal I have ever had at any restaurant ever. The wait staff were very professional and the food was divine. It is pricey but it is definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle expérience gastronomiqueMingusDined on 9/12/2013Nous avons adoré notre soirée au Beaver Club. Le personnel est tout simplement formidable. Très beau menu. Nous avons pris les 4 services et nous n'avons pas regretté notre choix. Tout était parfait, même si mon dessert (trio de crèmes brûlées) ne m'a pas charmée (drôle d'idée de mettre les crèmes brulées dans des coquilles d'oeufs). Mais pour le reste, on a vraiment été conquis. On nous offre mêmes des gourmandises à apporter à la maison à la fin du repas. Belle attention. Mon seul commentaire négatif : la musique. Faudrait vraiment y voir, car le soir où nous y étions, ça ressemblait à de la musique d'ascenseur. Un restaurant digne de ce nom, mériterait qu'on y voit. Pour le reste, que du bonheur !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sentime d'excellence!FelisolVIPDined on 8/22/2013Combien d'endroit reste t'il pour passer un expérience culinaire ou ou vous fait sentir maitre de la soirée et non pas le chef ou le jet7 qui impose son ritmo. On a respectez nos désirs,nos gouts, un service présent mais discret a la fois. Une cuisine impressionnante mais classique. Professionnel et sans bavure. Que dire d'un maitre d'hotel qui fait sentir sont amour du travaille. Merci a l'équipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulGreatfoodDined on 8/10/2013We were a party of four and upon our arrival were warmly greeted and immediately shown to our table. The staff were very attentive to our requests and made us feel very welcome. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and each of us had a different offering from the menu. No one was disappointed with their dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Dining ExperiencediningfanDined on 6/27/2013A very pleasurable dining experience! Food, service and ambiance were top notch! I would highly recommend this restaurant!! Quiet, comfortable and relaxing. Every course was delicious and prepared to perfection. Wine was good and desserts were heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalGonegolfing8Dined on 6/15/2013As always, the Beaver Club was able to provide a flawless dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner and friendly serviYvonneDined on 6/14/2013Food was very good and nice atmosphere in the restaurant The banana bread in the bread basket was delicious! I'd love to get the recipe to make it at home!Special Features:
- delicious food and fantastic servicEuropeanDined on 6/6/2013i enjoyed the dinner at the beaver club a lot. the food was great and the service was outstanding. i can recommend this place for everyone who likes romantic and oldfashioned places. not the right place for party people. i will definately come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restrondinnerDined on 5/9/2013this was an outstanding restaurant. best restaurant that we found on our visit to Montreal. Atmosphere was ideal and wait staff was very responsive. we took the four course dinner and each was better than the prior. deserts were die for. this has to be one of the best Restaurants in Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013In a climate where many restaurants claim excellence but few deliver, The Beaver Club is a notable exception. This is truly one of the best restaurants in the country. The kitchen produces cuisine beyond compare and the staff is extremely capable when it comes to pairing wines with your course selections. The foie gras warm course and veal cutlet main course are exceptional. After the meal is complete, both your server and the maitre d' shake your hand- a much appreciated gesture which signifies the successful completion of an experience made possible through the cooperation of all parties.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary having been at the Beaver Club 50 years ago that evening. There was a large private party that detracted from our dinner due to the waiters always rushing to serve them and consequently we were overlooked and finally we had to contact the maitre'd to get our 2nd drink order. Also we were advised that the dress code was jacket and tie for gentlemen and this was not the case. 50% of the men diners did not comply to this rule. The food was good and presented very well. We did receive a complmentary celebratory dessert by the hostess who was very cordial.Special Features:
- An exquisite dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013An exquisite dining experience if you love traditional setting and classic fine dining...prices are high but not incredibly high for that type of restaurant...pretty much what you would expect and worthwhile for the overall experience.Special Features:
- Very good food, slow serviceDaveLonDined on 3/9/2013Good food and good but initially very slow service. We waited over 20 minutes to be asked if we wanted a glass of wine to start the meal. The food plates were very good, not great and the wine menu is extensive if weighted to the expensive side. My wife chose two apps (both very good) and I have an app and a main which was very good too. We were delighted with the extra chocolate goodies at the end of the meal and the coffee with chocolate shavings and wiped cream was a real treat at meals end.Special Features:
- We were there for the whiteHazelDined on 3/2/2013We were there for the white nights tasting menu, so the chef was a guest chef. The service was incredible! The food was an amazing 7 courses and the building was beautiful, too.Special Features:
- My wife and I reserved thisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2013My wife and I reserved this for a fancier night out on a recent visit, and it was all the guides said it would be-very good food, extremely helpful and professional service. This is not for everyday eating, but for special occasions, to my mind, primarily for the cost, but also for the more formal-but not stiff- atmosphere. I'm sure it's packed for Mother's Day, anniversaries and Valentines day- and for business dinners. One disappointing note: When the waiter asked as we sat down whether my wife would enjoy a glass of champagne to start and she agreed, I was taken back to discover the $25 it cost; high even for this venue.Special Features:
- Simply the best of the best!keithmVIPDined on 2/23/2013This is the best restaurant we've ever been to.The food is outstanding, but it's the service & attention to detail that makes this place our favorite. Some may say the service is "stuffy". Well I guess some people don't know what it takes to provide this type of service & ambience.To them I say..There's always McDonalds up the street.We started with Salmon Carpaccio excellent. Then Foi Gras,again just right. Richard had Sweetbreads & Quail, both just perfect. The Sweetbreads(with Prawn) were the best I ever tasted.I called ahead to order the Dover Sole(which you can do with 24hr.notice)Perfect in every way. Richard ordered the Bison Sirloin. Tender & absolutely fantastic.We ordered off the dessert cart & had coffee & tea.Perfect mealSpecial Features:
- It was a Valentines menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013It was a Valentines menu. Everything was delicious. The pacing between courses was just right. Never felt full. Both my wife and I enjoyed the ambiance and service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Very memorable meal, willOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Very memorable meal, will definitely do again when next in Montreal. The food was delicious and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- Everything was incredible.DocandProfDined on 1/12/2013Everything was incredible. From the food to the service.Special Features:
- One fiftieth and two twenty-fifthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013It was a celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary and also a celebration of two of our children's 25th wedding anniversaries. We all found the food and service exceptional and will definitely return to celebrate more occasions. Everything was better than expected and they added many little extras.Special Features:
- Old WorldnevermissDined on 12/22/2012Dining here was like dining in some of the old grand restaurants - 21, the old Boston Ritz dining rooms etc. Great History!!! They have an outstanding bread basket and great petit fours - just like establishments used to provide!!!! The food was very good and the prix fixe menu is a bargain. I highly recommend the Bison Filet. The potato "sticks" served with all entrees were to die for - one of the best potato dishes around. For dessert do not miss the best baba au rum ever!!!! The wine list is interesting and very reasonable. Service is good - started great and than faded as the restaurant got busy - a great maitre 'd could remedy this and insure consistent service. This is a place to dine, relax and enjoy a special evening.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012We really enjoyed our dinner, food was great, price was great, and very important for us, the noise level was very low! the only snag was the free parking, we were not advised that there was nobody in the exit, so we had to pay the $20.00, we had our parking ticket validated when we paid the bill as we were informed to do. I sent copy of our receipt, am waiting for a response!Special Features:
- Nice place, but it seems todanielle55Dined on 11/9/2012Nice place, but it seems to me nothing has changed there since my first visit in the eighties, except for the decoration. And where is the sommelier gone??Special Features:
- to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012it is a fantastic place to have dinner! will go back and refer to all my friends.Special Features:
- Heaven in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/19/2012Food and service exzceeded all expectations. We chose one hot entree and one cold; both were divine but I must admit the higher calorie hot entree had the edge. My spouse's halibut in fresh mushroom sauce defied description, with the creamy mushroom sauce perfectly complimenting the carefully cooked fish. My cold lobster salad had so much lobster that I could not eat all of it, and it was beautifully prepared and presented. Our nice waiter was not offended by our inability to speak or read French.Special Features: