The Beach House
4633 Woodson Lane NE
Bainbridge, WA 98110Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Beach House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://beachhouseatpleasantbeach.com/
- Phone: 2067803663x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm & Closed Monday
Brunch, Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm. No reservations taken for breakfast.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Joe Benish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We will gladly accommodate private parties of up to 40 in the adjacent Manor House. With multiple private dining areas including the sophisticated "library", the cozy "loft" over-looking Puget Sound, or the elegant patio with it"s exclusive fireplace, your private party is sure to be a hit. The entire restaurant is also available for private parties. Subject to availability. Minimum expenditures will apply.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Bell 2067803663x
- Entertainment: We have Happy Hour in the bar from 5:00pm-6:00pm Tuesday through Sunday
A word from The Beach House
We welcome you to bask in the glow of our wood-burning fireplace, watch the ferry coast through Rich Passage, cool off with a cocktail on our open-air patio, all while enjoying our artistically contrived American dishes highlighted with fresh Northwest ingredients. You're sure to feel at home when you arrive at our New Hampshire style beach house. We look forward to meeting you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Beach House - Best Restaurants in Bainbridge Island ›
The Beach House reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (58)special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (44)scenic view (42)fit for foodies (41)romantic (29)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Favorite Restaurant Has DisappearedSantanaDined on 10/9/2014For 18 months we have enjoyed & touted this formerly fine restaurant, but around 30/45 days ago it changed for the worse. Negative menu changes have been made. For our special long-arranged family outing, the 5 of us were served cooked food that was cold when brought to our table. All the steaks were under-cooked by a wide margin. Service was spotty. The friendly receptionist environment was missing. When we walked in the door I wondered where is everybody? After touting this restaurant to my guests, we all came away deeply disappointed. Yes, the steaks were taken off the bill but one doesn't go to such a restaurant looking for a discount. A neighbor told me that he too saw a degradation of quality at TBH over the past month or so.Special Features:
- DisappointeddendonDined on 10/4/2014It is a very nice room though small. There was nothing special about the food and no reason to go back for that - a drink at the bar or patio, yes if you can find a seat. Entree portions were not commensurate with price and were served without a starch of any kind - no rice, potato, etc. The dinner rolls were absolutely flavorless, my wine was apparently the last of the bottle as the bottom of my glass was filled with sludge. Our server was pretty good, but the youthful exuberance quickly wears thin when you can easily tell they have very little experience - please, not every sentence has to contain a superlative. It took a long time to be served as well. As my wife said as we were leaving, "We eat a lot better than this at home.".
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014the fish was cold and the rare steak was not rare. good vegetables but a bit pricey if that's the only good thing that came out of the evening
- Delightful dinnersrb42Dined on 9/28/2014We have always had good food at Beach House, but dinner on9/28 was a big step up. The seafood risotto, with prawns, clams and a variety of mushrooms was fabulous; cooked perfectly. My wife, who is northern Italian, said it was best risotto she had had in Seattle. I had pan-fried rockfish, served with braised red cabbage and caramelized sweet corn and carrot puree; an inspired combination, the rockfish cooked perfectly. We later found out that kitchen recently under new management; we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!wookiesmomDined on 9/26/2014Tried to book a 5:30 pm for 4, with out of town guests, two days in advance on line. Only a 5 and 8 p.m. were available. A little surprising. When arrived at the restaurant no one there. Hardly anyone came in for 45 minutes. When we walked in, were asked whether we wanted inside or outside. When we said outside, they said that an outside spot would have to be prepared. We declined and asked for a table by the window; were told that it was reserved. Got seated somewhere else but let guests see the view from a distance. Cold air blowing straight down on us and music quite loud and not suited for dinner. The dinner and service were fabulous however, including the salads. The halibut was superb! Wine and other libations wonderful.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLoveBainbridgeDined on 9/21/2014It still has excellent food & wine. The new wait staff needs some training. The bread server came to the table and saw we had our main course and turned and left. We had to ask our waiter if we could get some bread. I am happy to see that they now have a regular dessert option over the dessert thimbles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014Magnificent fresh halibut, beautifully prepared. The center of a perfect Seattle getaway.Special Features:
- great spotSantanaDined on 9/11/2014located close to our home, we love this fine restaurant. very good servers. high quality food. great decor.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Their patio is lovely on a gorgeous summer evening. Inside is cozy and charming. The food is delicious. A great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu and Pricing changes not greatKermitDined on 9/6/2014Dined here several times since it opened and each time the experience has been less enjoyable. If I go again, I think I'll stick to the truffle fries and the burger. Recently it seems as if the menu has changed and the prices of everything have gone up. Even the burger is $16. My wife had the Macadamia Nut encrusted chicken and it was COLD. For $21-23 it was a fairly plain dish anyway. We had waited approximately fifty minutes for our entrees and the place wasn't too busy. We sat outside, which is nice, and there were only two other tables dining at the time. I'd love to give our local restaurant more stars and a better review, but they seem to be faltering. . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Table was available at reservation time, service was prompt and continued to be exceptional throughout our meal, food was very good.Special Features:
- ServiceSMRVinoDined on 8/26/2014The service at the host stand and the bar were lacking but our waiter, Max was WONDERFUL! Very professional yet friendly and knowledgeable of the menu and specials. The bar is way too cramped and it still took about 15 mins to get our wine order but she was friendly. Make sure to ask for specific seating when making a reservation if you don't want to sit in the middle of the restaurant very close to other tables. There is window nook seating and also deck seating available.Special Features:
- Strange experienceDukenfieldDined on 8/26/2014Good eating with a varied menu. Service (Max) was excellent. However, the minutes we sat down a waitress brought us a plate of frites and a huge burger. We had to tell her it was not for us and that we hadn't even ordered yet. Later, the kitchen lost our ticket so we waited almost an hour between our appetizers and mains. We were just about to ask for the check and leave when we were finally served. This is an anomaly, I'm sure, but it soured us on the evening's experience. Also, when we made our reservation I requested an outdoor table, which was confirmed by Open Table. Upon our early arrival we were told that you don't honor outdoor table requests and that the patio was full. Off to a bad start.Special Features:
- good, not spectacularToriopDined on 8/23/2014We went there last Dec and everything was spectacular; we were there on 08.23 and the food was not spectacular, it was good. The bread was stale and it took half an hour for our 3 dishes to arrive, and the rest was not crowded. The wine was wonderful, absolutely delicious desserts and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abcyum100Dined on 8/20/2014We had Halibut and it was served in a broth. It might have been firmer and better without the broth. However, it was GOOD AND WE CLEANED OUR PLATES. The broth might have disapeared also if we had been given spoons. We are repeat patons and have never been disappointed. We wish you were open for lunch in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints!!rsftravelerDined on 8/20/2014I don't know what some people are complaining about. I go frequently to Beach House and find it always the best on the island in terms of ambience and food. Pizza is off the menu because the oven broke and profit from pizza didn't warrant a new oven - simple explanation. The new chef, from my understanding was the sou chef since it opened so the transition was fairly seamless. My petite filet mignon was perfectly prepared and the sauce was heavenly. My risotto cakes were so flavorful I could have eaten 10. The accompanying asparagus were al dente. Veronica has been my only waitress for the many times I've gone and she is simply adorable, efficient, and always asks to give her feedback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious As Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Lovely meal, full of flavor, nicely presented. Booths a bit tight for more than 2. Great service, friendly staff.Special Features:
- This side of perfectionMonaDined on 8/9/2014We've eaten at the Beach House approximately 15 times. Anniversaries, birthdays, father's days, out-of-town guests, need for escape and all have been wonderful. The staff are fun.Special Features:
- UnsatisfiedFood14Dined on 8/9/2014The trout i had was horrible. table was right at the entrance. we had to see everybody come and go. My husband's steak was okay but nothing to write home about. i would give a 2 minus to this restaurant! the only good thing was the margarita!
- THE BEACH HOUSE IS A GEMRTOEEODined on 8/9/2014We love THE BEACH HOUSE for special occasions and for showing out-of-town guests the best of our island. EXCELLENT five star food. Great facility and setting. FUN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodislandgalDined on 8/8/2014Loved the locale, ambiance, cute beachy cottage feel. Very nice people. The menu was limited, good food, but nothing really different. The usual small steak, slab of salmon, encrusted chicken, etc. Cooked well, just didn't seem to be anything on the menu that stood out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Date NightThursdayDateNightDined on 8/7/2014We have eaten several times at The Beach House and all our meals have been excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningfoodiegirlDined on 8/5/2014Our party of four just had a wonderful meal on the patio. Fresh oysters, a wonderful trout special, fantastic halibut!!! The service was very good, the food was amazing. A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Local RestaurantLSGADined on 8/3/2014Lovely ambience, interesting but nontheless delicious food and attentive service when you can get their attention. Had the sea scallops and they were outstanding...perfectly cooked. Good happy hour at the bar which is on the small side but then you can have interesting conversations with your neighbors. Nice deck with a view of the bay and little village. Also good parking available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regulardinerDined on 7/31/2014Generally pleasant dining experience, but food preparation and quality very inconsistent.
- Birthday CelebrationSkydiverDined on 7/30/2014I can highly recommend dining at this restaurant. The service was outstanding and the food was absolutely delicious - I really enjoy good food with portions that are not super-sized. The butternut squash ravioli is a must and the petite fillet looked mouthwatering too, I will choose that entree on my next visit. I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the restaurant, I will definitely be back for dinner and I will be coming over for brunch in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick4thandPikeDined on 7/30/2014Bainbridge Island restaurants are noted for spotty service and food. The Beach House is upholding the tradition. We ordered two glasses of rose and after 15 minutes we flagged down a different server and asked if she would check on the wine. Five minutes later she brought the order, didn't say anything, put the glasses down and left. Friendly. When our waitress finally came back to the table we ordered cheeseburgers. It took 40 minutes, both burgers were over-cooked and tepid. The waitress apologized for the delay noting the kitchen was slammed. There were 7 tables with diners when we ordered. That's slammed? And we got it all for the bargain price of $90.00. WOW!
- In transition?TeraDined on 7/29/2014We really want this place to work! I don't know how to account for how uneven the food quality was Tuesday 7/29. It was so disappointing.....the lovely shrimp appetizer that we usually love came out practically raw(twice!), and the nice, usually-delicious semi-spicy sauce was bland with no garlic. But, the saving grace: nice caesar salads, the delicious ribeye steak(sauce was cold and gelatinous so I'll ask for it on the side next time--or not come back? ), great ravioli. Great drinks! Please support this place to do better, manager, by giving the kitchen what it needs to do well! It's a lovely restaurant, truly, but we really like consistently good food, so please, we want you succeed! Could you please problem solve? We want to support u!Special Features:
- Hoping for a ComebackOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014This was, until April 2014 or so, the best restaurant we knew of in the West Sound - food to die for in a wonderful setting, with light-up menus we'd never seen anywhere else, fabulous kale salad, great steaks - the best. But something seems to have happened now that they've dropped the illuminated menus for standard flat menus and removed the pizzas from their offerings. The person brewing our iced tea mistakenly used green tea instead of black tea. The kale salad was utterly different from what we'd loved, and was swimming in dressing. Worst was the ribeye steak, of which at least 1/3 was sheer fat that should have been trimmed before it was served. The butternut squash ravioli was a pale ghost of what we'd had earlier. Alas.
- HalibutYummyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Halibut is usually melt in your mouth but this night it was disappointingly not.
- Great find!LocalfoodloverDined on 7/25/2014I went here with my family. Everyone loved the food and they had good wine on tap! Try to get a table outside if you can--the view is lovely. This is also a good place for vegetarians to eat, while having amazing seafood and meat options too! Something for everybody. We enjoyed the wine on tap too.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Having been there before and liking it I expected more. Asked for lightly dressed Caesar...way overdressed. Only had soggy sourdough bread or tough chewy grilled sourdough crustini. Not liking sourdough bread at all an alternative would have been appreciated. I had the seared scallops which were ok but the greens were way overcooked. The toasted risotto cake was dry and stale. So you see I was an unhappy camper. Did they hire a new chef? And we took an out of town guest. It was rather embarrassing.
- Great Pac NW FoodCalWineGirlDined on 7/19/2014We went to the Beach House with friends from Bainbridge. It's a gorgeous location (renovated from a previous old manor + restaurant). Food is great. My husband and I had the pan seared salmon, and our friends enjoyed the halibut and petite filet. All food was made to perfection. Ordinarily we don't order dessert but our waitress told us the carrot cake was great ... she was right (tender, delicious, no raisins). We asked about after dinner drinks, but they don't really have any. The manager came over and brought us a special Port by Brian Carter winery -- and it was fantastic. The service, food and location were all spot on and I'd highly recommend the Beach House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!PattieDined on 7/19/2014You know I can't wait to go back. I can't say enough good things about this place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appellation: Excellence!RexFredVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have enjoyed the Beach House often, and welcomed the opportunity to introduce our visiting family to this excellent extension of Bainbridge Island's unique reputation for urban excellence at a conveninent and relaxed, new destination on Bainbridge island - drifting on the sound. The design, art, natural light, service, Food, Cocktails, wine list, and view all present themselves in fine form as a key component of one of the finest mixed use developments on Puget Sound. We will continue to return soon and often! The Kleisners, Bainbridge IslandSpecial Features:
- ANOTHER AGREEABLE OUTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014THREE OF US GATHERED FOR DINNER, ONE GUEST FROM VANCOUVER, BC. SHE HAD RAVIOLI, ANOTHER HAD CHICKEN WITH CAPERS, AND I HAD A MASTERFUL BURGER AND DAINTY FRIES. WE WERE ON THE PATIO AND THE EVENING WAS WARM AND INVITING. DRINKS ARE EXPENSIVE, DEPENDING ON PERSONAL CHOICES. I HAVE DINED WITH FRIENDS AT HE BEACH HOUSE FROM ATLANA AND CALIFORNIA AND ALL ARE HAPPY WITH THE EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining AlfrescoHaPegVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I dined at the Beach House on a recent Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed our evening there. The menu had both traditional and innovative touches to please a range of palates and the food was beautifully prepared. The service was friendly and attentive. The outside seating area offered a nice view over the water. The sculptures and plantings in the environs of the restaurant are an extra treat.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner outsideMauraBVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was the best visit yet to this neighborhood restaurant at Lynnwood Center. We secured a table outside and it was a little hot but the very cold Rose in an ice bucket did the trick. Salmon carpacio was outstanding as was the the beef tenderloin and pompe frites which was served with lovely steam asparagas. My husband enjoyed the scallopes but the risoto cakes were not one of the restaurants best sides. All in all, a lovely evening and satisfying dinner out.Special Features:
- Great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Our server was wonderful and the establishment went out of their way to make us comfortable. We had a guest with a special accomodation need and the manage handled it beautifully. Thanks for a very special eveningSpecial Features:
- ANOTHER GREAT MEALislandgalVIPDined on 7/6/2014The Beach House has a new Chef within the past six months or so…..and the food has been consistently very good. We both had a seafood dish and they were excellent. The Halibut special was moist and fresh. The scallops fresh and grilled perfectly. The asparagus could have been a bit more al dente but were delicious. We split a salad which was the perfect size after having enjoyed the outstanding prawn appetizer which we will also shared. The only disappointment is the flat breads have been eliminated from the menu. I think that is a mistake. I often enjoyed martinis or wine, appetizers, salads and flat breads with friends. It was a great option to a full entree dinner. Sometimes we just want to go out and graze on a variety of dishes.Special Features: