The Beach House
4633 Woodson Lane NE
Bainbridge, WA 98110Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Beach House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://beachhouseatpleasantbeach.com/
- Phone: (206) 780-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm & Closed Monday
Brunch, Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm. No reservations taken for breakfast.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Joe Benish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We will gladly accommodate private parties of up to 40 in the adjacent Manor House. With multiple private dining areas including the sophisticated "library", the cozy "loft" over-looking Puget Sound, or the elegant patio with it"s exclusive fireplace, your private party is sure to be a hit. The entire restaurant is also available for private parties. Subject to availability. Minimum expenditures will apply.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Bell 2067803663x
- Entertainment: We have Happy Hour in the bar from 5:00pm-6:00pm Tuesday through Sunday
A word from The Beach House
We welcome you to bask in the glow of our wood-burning fireplace, watch the ferry coast through Rich Passage, cool off with a cocktail on our open-air patio, all while enjoying scratch-made, all-American regional cuisine with a Northwest twist. You're sure to feel at home when you arrive at our New-Hampshire-style beach house. We look forward to meeting you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Beach House - Best Restaurants in Bainbridge Island ›
The Beach House reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (38)scenic view (36)fit for foodies (34)romantic (22)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Having been there before and liking it I expected more. Asked for lightly dressed Caesar...way overdressed. Only had soggy sourdough bread or tough chewy grilled sourdough crustini. Not liking sourdough bread at all an alternative would have been appreciated. I had the seared scallops which were ok but the greens were way overcooked. The toasted risotto cake was dry and stale. So you see I was an unhappy camper. Did they hire a new chef? And we took an out of town guest. It was rather embarrassing.
- Great Pac NW FoodCalWineGirlDined on 7/19/2014We went to the Beach House with friends from Bainbridge. It's a gorgeous location (renovated from a previous old manor + restaurant). Food is great. My husband and I had the pan seared salmon, and our friends enjoyed the halibut and petite filet. All food was made to perfection. Ordinarily we don't order dessert but our waitress told us the carrot cake was great ... she was right (tender, delicious, no raisins). We asked about after dinner drinks, but they don't really have any. The manager came over and brought us a special Port by Brian Carter winery -- and it was fantastic. The service, food and location were all spot on and I'd highly recommend the Beach House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!PattieDined on 7/19/2014You know I can't wait to go back. I can't say enough good things about this place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appellation: Excellence!RexFredVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have enjoyed the Beach House often, and welcomed the opportunity to introduce our visiting family to this excellent extension of Bainbridge Island's unique reputation for urban excellence at a conveninent and relaxed, new destination on Bainbridge island - drifting on the sound. The design, art, natural light, service, Food, Cocktails, wine list, and view all present themselves in fine form as a key component of one of the finest mixed use developments on Puget Sound. We will continue to return soon and often! The Kleisners, Bainbridge IslandSpecial Features:
- ANOTHER AGREEABLE OUTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014THREE OF US GATHERED FOR DINNER, ONE GUEST FROM VANCOUVER, BC. SHE HAD RAVIOLI, ANOTHER HAD CHICKEN WITH CAPERS, AND I HAD A MASTERFUL BURGER AND DAINTY FRIES. WE WERE ON THE PATIO AND THE EVENING WAS WARM AND INVITING. DRINKS ARE EXPENSIVE, DEPENDING ON PERSONAL CHOICES. I HAVE DINED WITH FRIENDS AT HE BEACH HOUSE FROM ATLANA AND CALIFORNIA AND ALL ARE HAPPY WITH THE EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining AlfrescoHaPegVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I dined at the Beach House on a recent Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed our evening there. The menu had both traditional and innovative touches to please a range of palates and the food was beautifully prepared. The service was friendly and attentive. The outside seating area offered a nice view over the water. The sculptures and plantings in the environs of the restaurant are an extra treat.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner outsideMauraBVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was the best visit yet to this neighborhood restaurant at Lynnwood Center. We secured a table outside and it was a little hot but the very cold Rose in an ice bucket did the trick. Salmon carpacio was outstanding as was the the beef tenderloin and pompe frites which was served with lovely steam asparagas. My husband enjoyed the scallopes but the risoto cakes were not one of the restaurants best sides. All in all, a lovely evening and satisfying dinner out.Special Features:
- Great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Our server was wonderful and the establishment went out of their way to make us comfortable. We had a guest with a special accomodation need and the manage handled it beautifully. Thanks for a very special eveningSpecial Features:
- ANOTHER GREAT MEALislandgalVIPDined on 7/6/2014The Beach House has a new Chef within the past six months or so…..and the food has been consistently very good. We both had a seafood dish and they were excellent. The Halibut special was moist and fresh. The scallops fresh and grilled perfectly. The asparagus could have been a bit more al dente but were delicious. We split a salad which was the perfect size after having enjoyed the outstanding prawn appetizer which we will also shared. The only disappointment is the flat breads have been eliminated from the menu. I think that is a mistake. I often enjoyed martinis or wine, appetizers, salads and flat breads with friends. It was a great option to a full entree dinner. Sometimes we just want to go out and graze on a variety of dishes.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerFitforaqueenDined on 7/3/2014This was our 5th dinner at The Beach House and once again had a fabulous dinner. I had the Halibut again. It was excellent in both taste and presentation. Other stand outs are the desert in shot glasses and the mushroom torte. I am always impressed with the creativity of the chief and the beachy atmosphere of the restaurant. Will be back.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceLindaS272Dined on 6/29/2014This was our 3rd or 4th visit. The food is quit good, though choices are somewhat limited. What was disappointing this time was the poor service. The server didn't tell us there were specials until we had already looked over the menu and were ready to order. Thus, we had to make a quick decision about the specials without having time to think it over. Then, as we ate, a bus person or the server would swoop in to take plates when there was still food on them or when we hadn't set down our utensils, not asking us if we were finished. The amount of butter for the bread was not adequate, and we weren't automatically given more. Finally, when I ordered coffe at the end, a scant cup was brought & there was no cream or half-n-half in the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Point White localSantanaDined on 6/28/2014we loved the Beach House once again. this time for our 34th anniversary. quiet, private booth was fabulous. love the food. very good wait staffSpecial Features:
- Beach House - Pleasant Bch VillagefoodfanDined on 6/26/2014Was delighted with the white, charming interior. Wait staff were very pleasant and helpful. We ordered a salad with added salmon. It was a delicious, light meal for dinner; just what we wanted. Had a little trouble finding the entrance from the upper parking lot, but finally noticed the sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantIslanderDined on 6/24/2014Lovely dinner for my wife's birthday. Veronica was our wait person and she was outstanding. Very personal touch, she made my wife feel special. Food was great and very well presented. We appreciated the reasonable portion sizes, they were just right. It is wonderful to have this restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5:00 PM dinner on June 24thJerryDined on 6/24/2014I tried to book a table for 6:00 PM, but the only opening were at 5:00 PM or 8:00 PM. However, the restaurant was pretty empty until after 6:30 PM. You need to count your reservations a bit closer. My wife enjoyed her ravioli and my brother enjoyed his small filet steak. I had the 10 ounce NY Strip steak. It was a tough piece of meat. The desserts were Ok, but they have been better in the past. The waitress was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 tries your out. . . .love2eatoutDined on 6/20/2014This was are 3rd try to convince ourselves that The Beach House was a great place for dinner. Unfortunately we are always disappointed. First time we had the scallops and everyone at the table ordered them (6 people). Everyone thought they were mediocre and over priced. So the next time we went with the steaks. Nothing to write home about. 3rd time - the pasta. very average. Its such a wonderful location and the patio is lovely but I don't think we will be going back. We really tried!Special Features:
- What a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014The salmon was stupendous and we really appreciated that it was made to order. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014Food, staff and feel of the Resturant is good no matter what the occasion. Have gone for casual evening, romantic night and group entertainment. It is always perfect. Their new manager Steve works very hard seeing that everything good.Special Features:
- Great food and service!rockawaygalDined on 6/15/2014Went there for Father's Day and a small graduation dinner. Food and service great as always. The noise level was off the charts as there was a large table right next to us that was very loud. Restaurant is small so this can be an issue at times.Special Features:
- NoNameDined on 6/11/2014We love this restaurant. We have never been disappointed in its food or service. The scallops are outstanding!Special Features:
- What a petite restaurant should betouristdinerDined on 6/10/2014The Beach House is a small bright restaurant on a hillside overlooking the village of Lynwood Center on Bainbridge Island. Away from the far busier downtown and visitor center on the Island, The Beach House is an intimate getaway favored by locals who want a charming blending of a good menu for all appetites, a very moderately priced wine list, a good bar, attentive service and advice, and reasonable prices for such a nice package. Get your reservations via Open Table early as locals make their reservations for 6:00-7:30 and, even on early weekdays, the dining room and the deck fill up. Probably not the best place to drop in without reservations, although Lynwood Center is a nice place to walk around (fountains, staircases, shops).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word.... Fantastic.DonnieODined on 6/8/2014Fantastic food. Great location and atmosphere. Excellent staff. Best dining experience in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed bagNRO1Dined on 6/7/2014We went twice on a Saturday: first for breakfast and then for dinner. We had three adults and two children with us. Both times we sat outside. Pros: (1) The food was excellent. I had the petite steak with mashed potatoes and it was amazing. Cons: (1) Service. The service was a little strange. At breakfast they asked us to wait outside until we knew our final party size - even though it was eight in the morning and only one other table at the restaurant was filled. (2) Time. It took 1.5 HOURS to get our dinner. That's way too long to wait for food. (3) Comfort. We sat under the one speaker for the entire restaurant and it was very loud. That coupled with sitting in the sun for 1.5 hours to get our food made for an uncomfortable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delightfulpapabugDined on 6/6/2014We are new to the neighborhood and decided to check this out for a special occasion in our family. It was absolutely the right place to be. Very calm and relaxed. Excellent, excellent food. Distinctive spin on some traditional favorites. Service was absolutely top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Our foursome was delighted at the service and the food. The staff made the evening one of our most memorable and enjoyable dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dinnersammie12Dined on 6/1/2014Beautiful view from the terrace. Really good food. We were very happy to have our dinner at the Beach House.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCElovesgoodfoodDined on 5/28/2014Charming restaurant, intimate setting. The wait staff was impeccable and friendly. Food was very good and unusual....highly recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014I recently attended The Beach House with a gal friend for a special dinner. Never having seen the place, I was blown away as I walked in the door. I am an interior designer and was delighted with the ambience, the color scheme, the lighting, the finishes that had been so tastefully chosen. And the food was exquisite. I had the pork (forget the name of the dish...you can edit here if you like) and she had the scallops. We shared and loved it all. I recommend The Beach House to anyone who wants a place to go for a special meal or a cozy bar setting.Special Features:
- Seaside SuperblindabelleDined on 5/21/2014Bainbridge has a little gem of a neighborhood known as Lynwood Center, the Beach House is it's crowning glory. It is a sweet, quaint lovely spot understated, comfortable and quite cozy. The food is terrific, well prepared and presented and the ambiance begs some lingering. The service is unquestioningly good and consistent the staff could not be friendlier or more attentive. I am proud to have the Beach House be one of our hometown heroes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014I and 4 of my friends from Poulsbo attended The Beach House for the first time on a Sunday evening and we were not disappointed! Each person could not stop talking about their dish and the delight of being in a 1st Class restaurant. The food, wine, the service was so fantastic we are planning to become regular diners at The Beach House.Special Features:
- A nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The food was good, the service was good. The lighted menus were great. Only problem was the noise. It is very loud when there are lots of people there. Two of our folks are a bit hard of hearing. For them it was just TOO loud. For folks with hearing aides, it was just a din. They really could not hear a thing of our conversations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014We would have liked to have been able to make a reservation for an outdoor table and were disappointed that that could not be done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice SettingChowhoundDined on 5/11/2014The Beachhouse is a beautiful building in a beautiful location. The service is perfect, the food very good, the menu well balanced, and the atmosphere pleasant. The only negative is that the portion amounts are extremely small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood findrockawaygalDined on 5/11/2014As always, we enjoyed our meal at the Beach House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to BainbridgeMalice6Dined on 5/7/2014We have had trouble getting reservations when we wanted but twice have connected and found this to be a nice addition to the Bainbridge dining scene. Service is adequate and food is good. It would rank number 3 or 4 of top dining places on Island.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it!ArneDined on 5/6/2014We went to the Beach House for a birthday and I have to say that this truly was the best meal that I have had in Kitsap and "this side" of Puget Sound. The food was well prepared and tasteful. The wait staff and kitchen were very accommodating also for any allergies and a very good atmosphere. My new favorite around hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion ChoiceGeo123Dined on 5/6/2014The Beach House was a 'last minute' choice for our 31st wedding anniversary and we struck gold! While it was a bit of a trek and ferry ride from our home in Federal Way, it turned out to be well worth it. The Beach House has a warm, quality atmosphere without being pretentious. Our server, Max, was knowledgeable and helpful with his suggestions. The service was attentive and well-paced. Our choices of Halibut Oscar, baked oysters and a spinach/asparagus soup were outstanding! Can't wait to bring friends & family back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lynwood CenterCookieDined on 5/4/2014Great place to have a excellent meal. The hamburger is top notch.Special Features:
- Great Halibut!LocalDinerDined on 5/3/2014The Halibut Oscar was incredible. The taste was super and the texture amazing. It melted in my mouth. The service was the best. They make you feel special and remember your name.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureGastrotouristDined on 5/1/2014Cozy dining room, gorgeous patio views of the bay, friendly service. And I haven't even gotten to the food! A diverse menu with something for everyone. We've been several times now and it's always a pleasure.Special Features: