1395 Beech Street, The Sands Atlantic Beach
Atlantic Beach, NY 11509Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebeachlongisland.com/
- Phone: 5163714005
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday and Friday: Open at 5:00 pm, Last Reservation Taken at 9:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Open at 4:00 pm, Last Reservation Taken at 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Zelman Festinger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With a top-notch catering team skilled in a wide range of culinary creations, The Sands Atlantic Beach is the premier Long Island catering company here to service all your needs. From small conferences with a few dozen attendees to major corporate event banquets or even weddings for up to 900 guests, Our catering offerings can be configured to meet your specific requirements. Please call our catering department at 516-371-4000 and ask for Brianna. For any event over 150 people call 516-371-4000 and ask for Richard or Bob.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer seasonal oceanfront dining by reservation only.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph VanRoten 5163714005
- Entertainment: Most evenings we will be offering live entertainment.
- Special Events: A perfect destination for Long Island parties of every size and occasion, The Sands Atlantic Beach knows a thing or two about hosting events. We will be happy to host any special occasion.
A word from The Beach
Welcome to "The Beach" at The Sands at Atlantic Beach, our seaside BBQ restaurant. Offering up both BBQ and a view, The Beach is one of the hottest waterfront restaurants on Long Island. Located at The Sands Atlantic Beach, the restaurant is Long Island BBQ at its finest. Our menu features delectable grill classics like juicy Angus burgers, superior steaks, delicious brisket quesadillas and babyback ribs that fall off the bone. Located just 20 miles east Manhattan, we are easily accessible. We are committed to giving you and your family a delicious and unique BBQ experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- You are sitting right on theGSreviewsDined on 8/18/2012You are sitting right on the beach if you sit outside, what could be better. Food is average to good.Special Features:
- Not a great experience. TheBEE1Dined on 8/18/2012Not a great experience. The hostess asked about our reservation but then failed to check it. Why it even mattered was unclear as the place was empty then and practically the entire time we dined. The wait staff was nice but not terribly efficient. Could live with that if the food was good. I've never tasted such bland BBQ. They rely on sauces on the table to spice it up. The sauces were very good, especially the Asian BBQ and the Spicy BBQ but the meat itself was tasteless. The fries were not even as good as those you'd get from the average coffee shop.
- It's a big space, so it goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012It's a big space, so it good for whatever they want to make it into. The food was very good at very reasonable prices. The food was delivered to the table fairly promptly, but there was a ridiculously long delay in being seated. This was despite having a reservation, and despite the restaurant not being particularly crowded. We waited so long for someone to come seat us that we nearly walked out. I'm glad we didn't, because the food was good.Special Features:
- Nice place for burgers, nacho'sHONESTOPINIONVIPDined on 7/14/2012Nice place for burgers, nacho's and bar food. Nice waitress brought us fresh pop corn as it was a humid night and the humidity affected anything that wasn't freshly made.
- great bar b cue on Long IslandMizlabelDined on 7/14/2012This was a surprise for me--most bar b cue places I've been to, have been pretty awful, so I wasn't sure what to expect here. But I have to say that the food was excellent! We had chicken, meat and fish and all were excellent! The sweet potato with marshmallows was particularly good, as were the baked beans/peaches. The pecan pie was also out of this world.Special Features:
- New establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012Only open a week, they have a few kinks to work out. Portions are on the small side, food is good. Cornbread was outstanding. Except for 2 or 3 things (salads) on the menu, can't eat this stuff on a regular basis because, other than the pulled pork, chicken, brisket and ribs, most other items are fried. A bit steep in price for the portion and type of food. Again, they're new as a retail food establishment (the Sand's is known as a beach club and separate catering facility), I'd give it a try before the summer was out. Was not offered an outside dining option. There is a full bar with $8.50 special options plus a list of different pitchers of sangria offered. Ice! No ice in the water, little ice in the drinks. Please bring in more!
- My wife and I ate at JosephOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011My wife and I ate at Joseph and we stayed for the live music (4 bands). We had an amazing night. We reserved a table on the beach, when they say on the beach they mean ON THE BEACH! Our table was about 30 feet from the water. We felt like we were on vacation. We Started off with drinks and apps. I got the "pan seared gnocchi" it was like nothing I had ever had. My wife ordered the "Texas Watermelon Salad" and she LOVED it! My 22oz Cowboy Ribeye was chared to perfection and my wifes Red Snapper was one of the best fish dishes she has ever had. After dinner we stayed for the live music. There were 4 different bands rockin all night on the beach. I can't belive something like this is in Long Beach / Atlantic Beach and no one knows aboutSpecial Features:
- Had reservations for my wife'smunseyVIPDined on 8/4/2011Had reservations for my wife's birthday along with two other couples. The service was second to none. We sat at a table under a canopy almost in the ocean. We were all impressed and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Joseph..a restaurant with heartelenDined on 7/17/2011Went to visit a new restaurant at the Sands Beach Club in Atlantic Beach...".JOSEPH" for the 1st time. My friends and i were so pleasantly surprised by this "newbie'. We were warmly greeted by a smiling hostess and seated promptly. We ordered the watermelon salad which was fantastic as was the wedge salad with bacon and gorgonzola. The Short Rib Ragu was particularly tasty as was the Pizzaiola with chicken and peppers...the presentation was colorful and most appealing. The snapper was also tasty and served with extra spice as we had requested.Portions were plentiful ! Overall, a wonderful dining experience...How refreshing to FINALLY find a restaurant where service and good food are a priority!! Bravo to JOSEPHSpecial Features:
- Shirtless customers at theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2011Shirtless customers at the bar, extremely long wait for food to come out of the kitchen, clearly placing more emphasis on their take out business than their dining room. Our server was polite, knowledgable and friendly but could not make up for the so-called locally caught seafood which resembled and tasted like the shrimp I buy in the frozen food section of my supermarket. Their "marinara sauce" was watery and had no taste. Will someone please tell the chef you have to salt the water before you cook the pasta. It doesn't come out of the box pre-seasoned.