The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
1701 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sbe.com/restaurants/locations/thebazaar-southbeach/
- Phone: 3054552999x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Thurs 6pm-12am, Fri-Sat 6pm-1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: sbe Catering offers The Bazaar's award-winning Spanish cuisine by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Entertainment: Open Table names the Bazaar by José Andrés Beverly Hills & South Beach the best Hotel Restaurants in America!
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at The Bazaar. The Bazaar accommodates up to 175 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
The Bazaar by José Andrés, the world-renowned restaurant from the culinary icon, makes its Miami debut with a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful indoor and outdoor lounge spaces. Dining transcends into fête extraordinaire as guests enjoy a collection of imaginative culinary experiences that offer pioneering delicacies and delicious libations. A story in contrasts, The Bazaar menu blends tradition and ingenuity in true Spanish style and mixes them with influences from South Beach’s local Latin flavors and rich history.Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)hot spot (141)special occasion (133)romantic (86)vibrant bar scene (79)good for groups (64)notable wine list (55)late-night find (40)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (18)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Interesting FoodBarbVIPDined on 9/18/2014Great Food with outstanding service. Went on Miami Spice menu which let us sample a great variety of taste. We had our waiter Javier pick our menu for us-he did an outstanding job. Had the cuban sandwiches like none you've ever had before with pork belly. The chicken croquetas is made with béchamel-melt in you mouth. Churrasco like non I've ever tried great sauce with soft meat. Margarita was quite was excellent. My friend also had different things on the menu equally delicious. This is the type of place you can't go wrong with anything you have.Special Features:
- great food and great service!lovebethesdaDined on 9/17/2014I was visiting from out of town and wanted to check out this hot spot! The food was amazing and the service was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TremendousmicsteVIPDined on 9/16/2014Truly an experience not to be forgotten or minimized. Mastery of presentation paired with superb food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A South Beach HeadlinerSenior68Dined on 9/15/2014My wife and I have been enjoying the bargains created by Miami Spice. We have been exploring high end restaurants to add to our rota. Monday we hit the jackpot with The Bazaar at Jose Andres. The menu is primarily tapas that are truly inventive. I had salmon poached in a cellophane bag and my wife had churrasco infused with coffee. We had other items as well but these two dishes standout. We are afficiandos of key lime pie and Jose Andres made the best we have ever had. I won't describe it so the surprise is not spoiled. Not to be left out is the mixologist. I had a truly great (and different) margarita with a sea salt foam. Finally the service was attentive but not cloying. Credit goes to Kathy. This should be on everyones's go to list.Special Features:
- The BestThomasVIPDined on 9/13/2014This place is amazing Great service, amazing food. very knowledgeable somelier! What a dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJessicaNYDined on 9/12/2014I highly recommend the gazpacho Patricia, the Cuban coffee rubbed steak ( outstanding ) and everything that you can eat this place is great I had a great experience with my friendsSpecial Features:
- WonderfulFoodguyDined on 9/12/2014I loved the food, service. I wish the restaurant was a little more private or romantic in seating but great.Special Features:
- Slow serviceFoodiefromNYCVIPDined on 9/11/2014The restaurant is in beautiful SLS that caters to a youngish, hip crowd. The menu, albeit confusing at first, offers a myriad of options which were very intresting. The food, when it arrived held up to great standards. The big issue with the restaurant happened to be the waiting time between dishes. Waiting 30 min between a small tapas dish is utterly unacceptable and plainly unprofessional. Although the dishes were delectable, the delays were so frustrating that it ruined the whole evening.
- Más de lo esperadoMartlevyDined on 9/11/2014Ya nos habían recomendado este sitio varios amigos y decidimos conocerlo en este viaje con el Miami Spice que esta bien. Luego de chequear el menú nos decidimos visitarlo. El hotel es un "Landmark" de Miami Beach en cuanto a vida social y las famosas POOL Party los fines de semana en la piscina del hotel. El Valet parking es un poco alto si quieres que te lo estacionen al frente. Al llegar te da muy buena impresión apenas entras. Con un lobby muy original. Decorado español taurino Ecleptico. Un candelabro de velones como punto focal con el nombre del restaurant. Luego pasas a otro ambiente con una Mega lámpara espectacular. La comida es exquisita con toques de técnicas de laboratorio de sabores de espumas típica de los chefs españoles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceJMarieVIPDined on 9/11/2014Loved the ambience and decor. The entire staff was friendly and efficient. Food and drink options were inventive and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ambiance and tasty cuisineMiamiMarraDined on 9/11/2014This was my first time visiting and although I only had the twenty-vegetable cauliflower couscous to eat, I was impressed. My friends all ate from the Miami Spice menu and raved about the quality of each dish. I am gluten free, sugar free and vegetarian and the waiter presented several items for me to choose from. I wasn't very hungry upon ordering, but I'm glad our server recommended the couscous which was actually shaved cauliflower with spices. It was delightful and the ambiance was sultry and lively. It's definitely a hot spot with locals and hotel guests. I recommend to visit here before a night out on the town or post drinks at the bar. It's a must visit when in Miami.Special Features:
- Terrific experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/8/2014We were expertly guided by our fine server, Marlon, who deftly explained all the many choices and portion sizes. A party in your mouth. A "must go" restaurant.Special Features:
- awesomemydambfoodDined on 9/7/2014Great tapas menu. Knowledgeable and friendly staff. All around great experience. Don't forget to try the squid ink pasta! It's definitely a game changerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfbodeeeDined on 9/7/2014Great food great service great for Miami spice, will go back for sure. Outside dining seems nice as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MariaDined on 9/6/2014Óptimo restaurante. Bem decorado, bom ambiente, serviço fantástico. São simpáticos e eficientes. A comida é muito boa. Recomendo o Bazaar a todos os que visitam Miami.Special Features:
- Hostess misfire, service & food A+FoodeeVIPDined on 9/5/2014Upon entering, the hostesses were anything but pleasurable - snobby is understatement, and we were disappointed from the get go after they seated us in front in the cafe area next to a screaming baby on a Saturday night. We are not tourists and we were dressed well and never had this experience before. In any case- our waiter - I think his name was Ian - was spectacular! He was kind, courteous, knowledgeable about the food and wine. I almost asked why he was working here and not running a company somewhere! The food was an incredible molecular experience and despite our initial first impression, we walked away with a positive feeling. But- be warned-- the cats come out and hover here after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not realy impressedPetziDined on 9/5/2014we all had the degustation menu which had interesting selections and beautiful presentations out of the 20 courses, 18 had some kind of citrus touch (iberico ham with caviar, and tomato mozzarella were the exceptions) waiters tried to explain dishes, but noise level was so high, that you could not hear anything)Special Features:
- Stellar Miami Spice ExperienceernieiDined on 9/4/2014Excellent meal of Spanish influenced; great service, very nice room.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/3/2014Jose Andres and the SLS created an outstanding dining experience with the The Bazaar. The ambiance and decor of this restaurant is unique and modern. Our waiter was extremely helpful, informative, and attentive throughout the meal, adding to the stellar dining experience. The Miami Spice options were a great array of tapas dishes that truly showcased Andres amazing skill and palate. The portions were larger than what I had expected for tapas, which left me and my date satiated and content. I would definitely returning to The Bazaar soon!Special Features:
- musaDined on 9/3/2014I have taken the tasting menu which I liked very much. all servers were great. service was very efficient and profetional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014Best Miami Spice menu I've had so far!!! food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014I've been wanting to try a Jose Andres restaurant for awhile, & this was ranked as the #1 restaurant in Miami. I was slightly underwhelmed, but the food was still very good; but I was just expecting a little more, so that may have been a fault of my own expectations. What was not my fault, was the absolute apathetic service we received from our waiter. Twice he messed up my order and brought something I didn't order, the first time he had the nerve to tell me he was right and I had ordered what he brought when I knew for a fact I had not. He later came out and admitted it was his mistake and he switched our ticket; however, for dessert he once again brought me the wrong thing. I was appalled by his lack of professionalism and ineptitude.
- Just as good as Beverly HillsPitch26Dined on 8/28/2014I had been to the one in Los Angeles and loved it. This one met my expectations as well. We had the cuban coffee rubbed churrasco, garlic shrimp, liquid mozzarella and tomato, brussel sprouts, ham platter etc. Loved every minute of it. I first was seated in what looked like and felt like the lobby with people coming in and out of the front door constantly. I asked to be moved to the main dining room and they moved me. My fiance and i enjoyed our meal very much and will come again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami Spice Menu!GinniVIPDined on 8/28/2014Ate lunch at The Bazaar shortly after their opening and was underwhelmed. But decided to finally give it a second try and took friends for the Miami Spice dinner menu, this time sitting inside to avoid the heat. Loved the food, decor, service and great wine. Even with Miami Spice, once you add in cocktails and a nice bottle of wine, it is not inexpensive but it is worth the money. Miami Spice is our time to fly high and this is a wonderful place to seize that opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- isabelVIPDined on 8/26/2014All of the items on the menu are mouth watering. We did the Miami Spice menu and were very satisfied with the portions. The waiters really know the menu and give you a good explanation as well as the servers. For starters we had CONE OF LA SERENA and KUEH PAI TI. Then we had the escalivada with blue cheese, a definite must try, and the endives with goat cheese. Then we had the churrasco, the salmon, and the shrimp. Can't wait to going back to try some other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food, ambiente.transplantmodebdayDined on 8/24/2014We went to Bazaar to celebrate a friends birthday and the experience was outstanding. The service, the tapas, the selection of wines even the desserts were to die for. I definitely recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- God in Cocktails bad in foodaasierDined on 8/23/2014The food is not good but cocktails and the service are remarkable. Very vibrant scene.Special Features:
- PretentiousdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was good not great. Allowed waiter to select his favorites teaspoon full portions. Overall just an ok meal. Some highlights but more delight in presentation than in foot. Felt like the waiter was a salesmen overdoing the spiel. Come on. He spoke of the chef working on a molecular level. The only thing I can say about it was the sizes were molecular. $11 for water plus tip and tax!
- Outstanding tapas!DiningshouldbespecialDined on 8/22/2014Every one of our tapas was delicious and perfectly served. The ham croquettes were the best we have ever had. The only thing we didn't like was the $35 valet parking fee. Everything else, we loved!Special Features:
- Our favoriteShyDiVIPDined on 8/21/2014A south beach gem! Marvelous innovative food. Impeccable yet personal service and a vibrant scene. What else could you ask for? Always a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014We hit The Bazaar during the week during Miami Spice. Every course was perfect. One of the best meals I have had in a while.Special Features:
- Good timeMatoloDined on 8/20/2014Great food but you have to wait for it. It take to much time between plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible food!nat29Dined on 8/19/2014We had the miami spice menu, so were able to sample a lot of the dishes. The food was amazing, the service was great, and the drinks were great too. All in all, a superb experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing creative foodDocGPDined on 8/18/2014Yes it's pricey but the food and service are worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami SpiceelbeeDined on 8/17/2014I've done the full tasting, which is a LOT of food. Delicious but impossible for us to finish. This time we did the Miami Spice menu, which perfect for our group of 5 - the waiter was helpful in suggesting that we all share our allocation of 3 entree plates so we shared all 15 plates (doubling up on some of the protein dishes), which allowed us to try everything on the MS menu. (Note: it may be easier with groups of 4 since some of the plates, like the watermelon skewers and the endives, only had 4 items.) The food has been amazing both times I've been, but I found it especially fun for a group where you have manageable portions and the MS is a great price for this type of dining experience. Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- OverratedFredVIPDined on 8/16/2014This place is overrated. Service was ok (although our waiter was more worried looking at people coming in than the service itself). Ambience is pretty nice. The restaurant area and bar are fantastic. Now the food, ohhhh the food. I was expecting something to really blow my mind away and it was disappointing. Nothing was really outstanding (ok, our charcuterie and cheese platter was delicious, but I can have this at home). Expensive food and not worth the money. I rather go to Barceloneta or Bulla to have real good tapas.Special Features:
- A little bit expensiveBorjaDined on 8/15/2014The quality of the food is fine,the ambient is cool. But the price is too expensive for the quantity of the food. I think it's a place you've got to go only once, because even the overall experience is good, it doesn't worth what you've got to pay for it. I went to have dinner like if I was to a michelin starts restaurant, because the chef is quite known here at Spain, but the experience disappointed me. It was not what I was looking for.Special Features:
- Best experience ever!!ivanDined on 8/14/2014I was new to the SLS scene and specially The Bazaar, but impressed isn't enough to describe my dinner. We went for Miami Spice, the waiters staff vas superb, the food and the presentation were more than amusing and the music felt right out of a good club. I'd love to go again and again.Special Features:
- DeliciousBrigarcii1Dined on 8/14/2014From the start to finish the experience was incredible. Taste overload. Will be back ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Instant Fanp3serroneDined on 8/14/2014Coming from a midwestern city, with an up & coming food scene, & being the GM for a local Tapas restaurant, it was a hugely successful experience from start to finish. The progressive dining experience, bazaar atmosphere, and soulful artisan cuisine opened my eyes to a whole new world of hospitality elements. Come to the bazaar with an open mind, open heart, and open soul and be swept away to a truly unique moment in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.