The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
1701 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sbe.com/restaurants/locations/thebazaar-southbeach/
- Phone: 3054552999x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Thurs 6pm-12am, Fri-Sat 6pm-1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: sbe Catering offers The Bazaar's award-winning Spanish cuisine by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Entertainment: Open Table names the Bazaar by José Andrés Beverly Hills & South Beach the best Hotel Restaurants in America!
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at The Bazaar. The Bazaar accommodates up to 175 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
The Bazaar by José Andrés, the world-renowned restaurant from the culinary icon, makes its Miami debut with a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful indoor and outdoor lounge spaces. Dining transcends into fête extraordinaire as guests enjoy a collection of imaginative culinary experiences that offer pioneering delicacies and delicious libations. A story in contrasts, The Bazaar menu blends tradition and ingenuity in true Spanish style and mixes them with influences from South Beach’s local Latin flavors and rich history.Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (167)hot spot (159)special occasion (143)romantic (86)vibrant bar scene (80)good for groups (73)notable wine list (60)late-night find (42)great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (20)scenic view (12)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- We had an amazing expierence -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The ambiance & expierence was uniquely satisfying & as it was our 30 th anniversary - it will always be one I'll remember - our server Joshua was very accomatdating and very informative to knowing the menu - in fact the entire staff knew their jobs very well - that's a refreshing aspect !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMudluvsfoodDined on 10/15/2014My brother and I had a great experience all the way around. Food, service, atmosphere, all great and innovative in their culinary work and creativity !!!Special Features:
- tcatim6243VIPDined on 10/14/2014Very unique food. Excellent flavors. Loved it!! Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Spain meets South BeachnpolerDined on 10/12/2014The food/tapas are awesome and quite our of the ordinary, however do keep in mind you tend to over eat. We told the waiter to bring food, period, and he did very well, since you are sharing and eating bite size pieces you end up eating a lot more (and spending a lot more) than just ordering a dish, but as long as you don't sin too often (and keep up your runs, bikes or whatever is your fancy) you should be fine. We come here about once a month with friends.Special Features:
- Foodies DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014The stunning array of options makes for a customizable experience, but the meal was fantastic, the service impeccable, and the ambiance was energetic. Place was packed on a Thursday evening, and the waiter even offered to help us get into Hyde Beach.Special Features:
- Best Food in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014What a delicious dinner, exceeded expectations, small but healthy and delightful portions, service was nothing but world class, great work, must go place while at Miami!Special Features:
- All-around amazing experienceKimcan84Dined on 10/5/2014The food was spectacular. It was so hard to choose! Excellent wine menu. And the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuFunEatsVIPDined on 10/5/2014A very interesting and diverse menu, with many unique items. Service was great and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- GREGORY0313Dined on 10/3/2014Comida y servicio excelentes, la comida 100 puntos, las recomendaciones de platos y bebidas muy acertadasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a WASTE!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The service was fine for the first 5 minutes that we got there and then our waiter disappeared.!..In addition, don't ask for bread or you will be charged $5...really, so chintzy - at those prices - they cant afford to give you a few pieces of bread?..overall, the food was average and wayyyy overpriced...go elsewhere!Special Features:
- AmazingBusinesslunchesVIPDined on 10/1/2014Amazing service, amazing dishes. Excellent later night people watching. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014We visited this place on the strength of its reviews and, if anything, they undersell the place. The food is quite superb. The service too.Special Features:
- Great menu for Miami SpiceDblaz5VIPDined on 9/30/2014By far the beat spice menu we have had. Great options, and plenty of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EJlovefoodVIPDined on 9/30/2014Incredible experience !! Everything you thought it was going to be and then someSpecial Features:
- The bestWonderfulDined on 9/29/2014The place have a good energy and beautiful. The food is very delicious and I loved the service. I be back.Special Features:
- Dragonfruit ceviche is a mustharjma1Dined on 9/29/2014Great service, amazing food! Awesome place for a date night! Dragonfruit ceviche was delicious as well as the cuban coffee rubbed churrasco!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience...SeekerVDined on 9/29/2014...made even better with Mathew's gracious service and great recommendations. Small shareable plates. Each more delicious than the last. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dazzling Food, Service & Eye CandyPhilSommelierVIPDined on 9/29/2014I've been to the Bazaar on several occasions and it is a foodies paradise, with so many unique dishes and interpretations. It's great if you can go with a few friends and sample 15-20 small plates. Don't miss the Bao Con Lechon, chinese bun pork belly, Serrano Ham, Tomato Bread, Verduras escalivada, various Carnes y mariscos, oysters. Hopefully you're adventurous enough to try everything, if you are you won't be disappointed. Later at night watch the parade of beautiful people move through the restaurant to the outside bar and dining area. Wine markups are high, a glass of Laurent Perrier Rose will cost you $36, if you are a serious wine collector pay the $35 per bottle corkage and bring some great bottles that are not on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kg305kg305Dined on 9/29/2014The food is superb, the service is excellent, and the ambiance is great. The tapas are cooked to perfection, and I was able to taste a variety of dishes. This is a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014i consider myself a foodie and this was one of the more remarkable culinary experiences i have had. Almost all of the dishes we had were remarkable, creating new combinations of flavors that i have not tasted before. We were truly blown away. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys delicately constructed foods.Special Features:
- CurlydineDined on 9/28/2014Although some items were a bit salty, overall the food was great. Great presentation and mix of flavors. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPERIENCE AT BAZAARJOHNJDined on 9/26/2014THE EXPERIENCE AT BAZZAR BY JOSE ANDREAS IS AMAZING. FANTASTIC FOOD. UNBELIEVABLE TASTE. THE AMBIANCE IS COOL. IT IS THE SPOT TO MEET BEAUTIFUL AND COOL PEOPLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2014Second time for Miami Spice and it was better than first time. Food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great decor, good foodVeggieEaterVIPDined on 9/23/2014Dining room has a great upscale modern elegant design to it. The food was very good for the most part but there were some hickups. Got at a two top close to the entry but there was a big draft coming down on our table. I told the waiter and he acted surprised. We moved to another table which was slightly better but still had a breeze. I then watched as the hostess sat another couple at the draft table and they asked to move as well... So bring a sweater or ask the hostess for a decent table without a draft. Also, we told the waiter we were vegetarians and one of his recommendations was a cholocate dessert that had gelatine (pork product). At this price point the waiters should be aware which dishes are and are not vegetarian.Special Features:
- Special ExperienceEatDrinkandEnjoyDined on 9/22/2014The Bazaar was recommended to me by a friend. It was indeed a very special experience - food-wise as well as the service, which is very attentive. The presentation of the food is outstanding and the quality was equal. Also the drinks are perfectly mixed! I understand that the menu changes on a regular basis - thus, when they have the smoked oysters on, DONT MISS to order! I will definitvely return when back in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great...MadeCiriDined on 9/21/2014Have been to this restaurant six times in different occasions and they get it right every time. It's not for everyone as it's a small plate and has many exotic flavors, sophisticated and plates are select as are the patrons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014Friends and I dined at the Bazaar durng Miami Spice 2014. All of us are huge Jose Andres' fans from DC (Jaleo, Oyamel, Zaitinya, Minibar, etc.) and were not disappointed by the quality, presentation, taste and service at the Bazaar. At first, the service was a bit slow, but Ricardo (manager?) came to the rescue and provided us with superb personal attention and on-the-spot recommendations on the Miami Spice menu options. We all enjoyed the white sangria, deconstructed key lime pie, lox & bagel tapas, kueh pai ti, croquetas, patatas bravas and the churrasco. Portions were surprisingly generous for Miami Spice. Another hit for Jose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceMiamivisitor12Dined on 9/19/2014Had eight different thing plus dessert. Everything was delicious and well presented. Service was excellent. Atmosphere was sophisticated and chic. Overall a great experience--food as theater. Entertaining and great flavors. Can't go wrong here. Especially liked the piquillo with goat cheese, the pork belly bun, the Japanese taco and the grilled octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting FoodBarbVIPDined on 9/18/2014Great Food with outstanding service. Went on Miami Spice menu which let us sample a great variety of taste. We had our waiter Javier pick our menu for us-he did an outstanding job. Had the cuban sandwiches like none you've ever had before with pork belly. The chicken croquetas is made with béchamel-melt in you mouth. Churrasco like non I've ever tried great sauce with soft meat. Margarita was quite was excellent. My friend also had different things on the menu equally delicious. This is the type of place you can't go wrong with anything you have.Special Features:
- dinnersamiDined on 9/18/2014We were sat on the room at the entrance which is more an afterthought and has little of the vibrance of the restaurant.We had the Miami Spice menu which had some exciting souding dishes but ,the ham though very good serrano besides being good and seved with a good tomatoed bread didn't stop from being a type of appetizer..The chicken coquettes were very oily and besides their in shoe presentation they were delicate though not outstanding.The beef interesting with the coffee foam and tne salmon very delicate .Srimps of good taste .In all a pleasant dinner but not the onw of diccoveySpecial Features:
- great food and great service!lovebethesdaDined on 9/17/2014I was visiting from out of town and wanted to check out this hot spot! The food was amazing and the service was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates done great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2014Checked out The Bazaar for the first time during the Miami Spice restaurant promotion. Everything was terrific. Small plates but big on creativity and flavor. Our waiter's service and guidance on the dishes was also spot on. And although I usually would never think to order an $18 gin and tonic, their specialty version was worth it.Special Features:
- TremendousmicsteVIPDined on 9/16/2014Truly an experience not to be forgotten or minimized. Mastery of presentation paired with superb food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A South Beach HeadlinerSenior68Dined on 9/15/2014My wife and I have been enjoying the bargains created by Miami Spice. We have been exploring high end restaurants to add to our rota. Monday we hit the jackpot with The Bazaar at Jose Andres. The menu is primarily tapas that are truly inventive. I had salmon poached in a cellophane bag and my wife had churrasco infused with coffee. We had other items as well but these two dishes standout. We are afficiandos of key lime pie and Jose Andres made the best we have ever had. I won't describe it so the surprise is not spoiled. Not to be left out is the mixologist. I had a truly great (and different) margarita with a sea salt foam. Finally the service was attentive but not cloying. Credit goes to Kathy. This should be on everyones's go to list.Special Features:
- Cheated by Our WaiterLuishogoDined on 9/13/2014I was visiting miami with my wife on our honeymoon. I made the poor decision to trust our waiter to make recommendations. I told him we were not too hungry 2 or 3 courses would do. After 8! Courses and an attempt to cancel the last 2 courses the bill came out to nearly 400 dollars! Big mistake to put ourselves in our waiters hands. Excellent food though, just keep tab on your order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestThomasVIPDined on 9/13/2014This place is amazing Great service, amazing food. very knowledgeable somelier! What a dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJessicaNYDined on 9/12/2014I highly recommend the gazpacho Patricia, the Cuban coffee rubbed steak ( outstanding ) and everything that you can eat this place is great I had a great experience with my friendsSpecial Features:
- WonderfulFoodguyDined on 9/12/2014I loved the food, service. I wish the restaurant was a little more private or romantic in seating but great.Special Features:
- Slow serviceFoodiefromNYCVIPDined on 9/11/2014The restaurant is in beautiful SLS that caters to a youngish, hip crowd. The menu, albeit confusing at first, offers a myriad of options which were very intresting. The food, when it arrived held up to great standards. The big issue with the restaurant happened to be the waiting time between dishes. Waiting 30 min between a small tapas dish is utterly unacceptable and plainly unprofessional. Although the dishes were delectable, the delays were so frustrating that it ruined the whole evening.
- Más de lo esperadoMartlevyDined on 9/11/2014Ya nos habían recomendado este sitio varios amigos y decidimos conocerlo en este viaje con el Miami Spice que esta bien. Luego de chequear el menú nos decidimos visitarlo. El hotel es un "Landmark" de Miami Beach en cuanto a vida social y las famosas POOL Party los fines de semana en la piscina del hotel. El Valet parking es un poco alto si quieres que te lo estacionen al frente. Al llegar te da muy buena impresión apenas entras. Con un lobby muy original. Decorado español taurino Ecleptico. Un candelabro de velones como punto focal con el nombre del restaurant. Luego pasas a otro ambiente con una Mega lámpara espectacular. La comida es exquisita con toques de técnicas de laboratorio de sabores de espumas típica de los chefs españoles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.