The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
1701 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sbe.com/restaurants/locations/thebazaar-southbeach/
- Phone: 3054552999x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Thurs 6pm-12am, Fri-Sat 6pm-1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: sbe Catering offers The Bazaar's award-winning Spanish cuisine by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Entertainment: Open Table names the Bazaar by José Andrés Beverly Hills & South Beach the best Hotel Restaurants in America!
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at The Bazaar. The Bazaar accommodates up to 175 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
The Bazaar by José Andrés, the world-renowned restaurant from the culinary icon, makes its Miami debut with a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful indoor and outdoor lounge spaces. Dining transcends into fête extraordinaire as guests enjoy a collection of imaginative culinary experiences that offer pioneering delicacies and delicious libations. A story in contrasts, The Bazaar menu blends tradition and ingenuity in true Spanish style and mixes them with influences from South Beach’s local Latin flavors and rich history.Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (142)special occasion (142)hot spot (142)romantic (86)vibrant bar scene (80)good for groups (61)notable wine list (58)late-night find (40)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (18)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Good Food, Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014I've been wanting to try a Jose Andres restaurant for awhile, & this was ranked as the #1 restaurant in Miami. I was slightly underwhelmed, but the food was still very good; but I was just expecting a little more, so that may have been a fault of my own expectations. What was not my fault, was the absolute apathetic service we received from our waiter. Twice he messed up my order and brought something I didn't order, the first time he had the nerve to tell me he was right and I had ordered what he brought when I knew for a fact I had not. He later came out and admitted it was his mistake and he switched our ticket; however, for dessert he once again brought me the wrong thing. I was appalled by his lack of professionalism and ineptitude.
- Great Miami Spice Menu!GinniVIPDined on 8/28/2014Ate lunch at The Bazaar shortly after their opening and was underwhelmed. But decided to finally give it a second try and took friends for the Miami Spice dinner menu, this time sitting inside to avoid the heat. Loved the food, decor, service and great wine. Even with Miami Spice, once you add in cocktails and a nice bottle of wine, it is not inexpensive but it is worth the money. Miami Spice is our time to fly high and this is a wonderful place to seize that opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- isabelVIPDined on 8/26/2014All of the items on the menu are mouth watering. We did the Miami Spice menu and were very satisfied with the portions. The waiters really know the menu and give you a good explanation as well as the servers. For starters we had CONE OF LA SERENA and KUEH PAI TI. Then we had the escalivada with blue cheese, a definite must try, and the endives with goat cheese. Then we had the churrasco, the salmon, and the shrimp. Can't wait to going back to try some other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food, ambiente.transplantmodebdayDined on 8/24/2014We went to Bazaar to celebrate a friends birthday and the experience was outstanding. The service, the tapas, the selection of wines even the desserts were to die for. I definitely recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- God in Cocktails bad in foodaasierDined on 8/23/2014The food is not good but cocktails and the service are remarkable. Very vibrant scene.Special Features:
- PretentiousdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was good not great. Allowed waiter to select his favorites teaspoon full portions. Overall just an ok meal. Some highlights but more delight in presentation than in foot. Felt like the waiter was a salesmen overdoing the spiel. Come on. He spoke of the chef working on a molecular level. The only thing I can say about it was the sizes were molecular. $11 for water plus tip and tax!
- Outstanding tapas!DiningshouldbespecialDined on 8/22/2014Every one of our tapas was delicious and perfectly served. The ham croquettes were the best we have ever had. The only thing we didn't like was the $35 valet parking fee. Everything else, we loved!Special Features:
- Our favoriteShyDiVIPDined on 8/21/2014A south beach gem! Marvelous innovative food. Impeccable yet personal service and a vibrant scene. What else could you ask for? Always a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014We hit The Bazaar during the week during Miami Spice. Every course was perfect. One of the best meals I have had in a while.Special Features:
- Good timeMatoloDined on 8/20/2014Great food but you have to wait for it. It take to much time between plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible food!nat29Dined on 8/19/2014We had the miami spice menu, so were able to sample a lot of the dishes. The food was amazing, the service was great, and the drinks were great too. All in all, a superb experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing creative foodDocGPDined on 8/18/2014Yes it's pricey but the food and service are worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami SpiceelbeeDined on 8/17/2014I've done the full tasting, which is a LOT of food. Delicious but impossible for us to finish. This time we did the Miami Spice menu, which perfect for our group of 5 - the waiter was helpful in suggesting that we all share our allocation of 3 entree plates so we shared all 15 plates (doubling up on some of the protein dishes), which allowed us to try everything on the MS menu. (Note: it may be easier with groups of 4 since some of the plates, like the watermelon skewers and the endives, only had 4 items.) The food has been amazing both times I've been, but I found it especially fun for a group where you have manageable portions and the MS is a great price for this type of dining experience. Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- OverratedFredVIPDined on 8/16/2014This place is overrated. Service was ok (although our waiter was more worried looking at people coming in than the service itself). Ambience is pretty nice. The restaurant area and bar are fantastic. Now the food, ohhhh the food. I was expecting something to really blow my mind away and it was disappointing. Nothing was really outstanding (ok, our charcuterie and cheese platter was delicious, but I can have this at home). Expensive food and not worth the money. I rather go to Barceloneta or Bulla to have real good tapas.Special Features:
- A little bit expensiveBorjaDined on 8/15/2014The quality of the food is fine,the ambient is cool. But the price is too expensive for the quantity of the food. I think it's a place you've got to go only once, because even the overall experience is good, it doesn't worth what you've got to pay for it. I went to have dinner like if I was to a michelin starts restaurant, because the chef is quite known here at Spain, but the experience disappointed me. It was not what I was looking for.Special Features:
- Best experience ever!!ivanDined on 8/14/2014I was new to the SLS scene and specially The Bazaar, but impressed isn't enough to describe my dinner. We went for Miami Spice, the waiters staff vas superb, the food and the presentation were more than amusing and the music felt right out of a good club. I'd love to go again and again.Special Features:
- DeliciousBrigarcii1Dined on 8/14/2014From the start to finish the experience was incredible. Taste overload. Will be back ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Instant Fanp3serroneDined on 8/14/2014Coming from a midwestern city, with an up & coming food scene, & being the GM for a local Tapas restaurant, it was a hugely successful experience from start to finish. The progressive dining experience, bazaar atmosphere, and soulful artisan cuisine opened my eyes to a whole new world of hospitality elements. Come to the bazaar with an open mind, open heart, and open soul and be swept away to a truly unique moment in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had our anniversary celebration at Bazaar and spent such a wonderfull evening. We will recommen it to our friends definetly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKariDined on 8/13/2014First time in The Bazaar. It was wonderful, I definitely love this place. The food was very good and the decoration is amazing. The bar outside is also a great place. I will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami26Dined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed being there. And the food was very innovative n great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCasualdiner1Dined on 8/12/2014this restaurant has an unusual location in the lobby and you see hotel guests coming from the pool and walking past the tables in their swimwear. This does not make for a romantic dinner! The Miami Spice menu is not great and is also confusing. I got the impression that they really didn't want to do Miami Spice in which case they shouldn't. The food preparation was so so and the items available did not seem to highlight the skills of the kitchen. I guess that is done thru the regular menu. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable but we were still rushed through the meal. Overall, not a great experience.
- One of the best restaurants in MBOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant is flawless. Service, decor, ambiance, food, presentation... everything is spot on.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOODNoodlesVIPDined on 8/10/2014Went there to try the Miami Spice menu, everything was really superb, I loved the food, the presentation, the ambience and the service, I would definatelly recommend, only one thing, don't valet as it cost $ 30, much cheaper to find a parking spot or a garage.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely fantastic!!! Everything about this restaurant is perfect: food, ambience, service... Among my favorite dishes are: chicken croquetas, tuna ceviche in the dragon fruit, caprese, chicken, and the pork chop. The white sangria is delicious! This is my favorite restaurant in Miami! (His DC restaurants are also great)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAlwaysfaithfulDined on 8/8/2014The food was extraordinary and the atmosphere lively. The restaurant sits in the lobby of the SLS hotel and is mixed into the very active scene of this popular Miami Beach resort. The dishes are all tapas style but portions are rich and the staff was wonderful. The drinks and wine list are also unique and cover a broad range of palletes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceKiwicottageVIPDined on 8/7/2014Portions are quite small, sometimes just a bite! Lovely friendly service. Pretty pricy wine menu -best to be on business accont!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bazaar by jose andresTapasdinnerDined on 8/7/2014We went for the miami spice menu. It was not initially offered and had to request it. The waitress was extremely rude. The food was good but nothing you can't find at a good tapas restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodPaigeDined on 8/6/2014The food was the standout at this restaurant. We went during restaurant week and were thoroughly impressed by the food. We sampled various small plates from veggies/salad to salmon/shrimp and crafted cocktails. I really liked the order of how the food was presented to the diner. The deserts were deconstructed but very good. I would suggest this restaurant for a special occasion as it is expensive.Special Features:
- Ridiculously priced tiny morselsJAD648Dined on 8/6/2014The chef's recipes are innovative and many of the tapas we tasted were delicious. The restaurant is nicely decorated with a very attractive bar area where beautiful people like to see and be seen. That's the good of this place. The bad are the tiny morsels you are served at ridiculously high prices and our waiter's sudden and very obvious change of attitude when a person in our party dared ask to see the Miami Spice menu. When I say tiny, I mean little morsels too small to even earn the right to be called tapas at prices comparable to full entrees at many decent restaurants. Was it worth it? Not really. Bring a very small appetite and a high limit credit card, or choose to dine at any of the many other great restaurants in Miami.Special Features:
- Fab RestaurantfabdiningDined on 8/6/2014Fabulous restaurant would recommend it for a fine dining special occasion. Food was excellent, waiters were great and love the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, creative foodSoFLFoodloverDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful meal- Miami Spice selections were ample even for tapas sized portions. Service was exceptional. The dining room itself is beautiful.Special Features:
- Can't Wait To ReturnXbklynDined on 8/6/2014The ambiance, service, the food...truly world-class. Jimmy, the General Manager, was simply wonderful to my wife and I. Casey, our mixologist at Bar Centro, was very knowledgeable and friendly. Every dish was beautifully conceived and flawlessly executed. Our only regret was the end of the meal. You will DEFINITELY see us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SVBDDined on 8/5/2014Great food but the noise level can be overwhelming.Special Features:
- Pa-amb-tomaquetraboschsDined on 8/4/2014The best bread-with-tomato I've had outside of CatalunyaSpecial Features:
- Amazing TapasdisappointedDined on 8/4/2014Our experience at The Bazaar was amazing. We left the selection of dishes to them. Food was above and beyond, crazy good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music not compatibleMontyDined on 8/3/2014The type of music, together with the volume, is not compatible with the restaurant's food and makes it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yaelitoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Very Interesting menu! had the pb&j with foie gras.... never thought it would be that good!!!! of course is in the heart of SoBe and is in the SLS.. so the environment could seem somewhat pretentious but the service was outstanding, and that is surprising for MIAMI standards. absolutely recomend the food everything else is nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- it was perfectsoniaDined on 8/1/2014good food, small plates, good atmosphre, im from barcelona, spain, and its ferran adria stile( tikets restaurant from barcelona)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow what an amazing experience.couplescritiqueDined on 8/1/2014great food, great location, amazing service. however very overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.