The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
1701 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sbe.com/restaurants/locations/thebazaar-southbeach/
- Phone: (305) 455-2999
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Thurs 6pm-12am, Fri-Sat 6pm-1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: sbe Catering offers The Bazaar's award-winning Spanish cuisine by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit sbe.com/events or call 305.916.6111 to plan your event today.
- Entertainment: Open Table names the Bazaar by José Andrés Beverly Hills & South Beach the best Hotel Restaurants in America!
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events & Catering plan your perfect event at The Bazaar. The Bazaar accommodates up to 175 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit sbe.com/events or call 305.916.6111 to plan your event today.
A word from The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach
The Bazaar by José Andrés, the world-renowned restaurant from the culinary icon, makes its Miami debut with a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful indoor and outdoor lounge spaces. Dining transcends into fête extraordinaire as guests enjoy a collection of imaginative culinary experiences that offer pioneering delicacies and delicious libations. A story in contrasts, The Bazaar menu blends tradition and ingenuity in true Spanish style and mixes them with influences from South Beach’s local Latin flavors and rich history.Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (194)hot spot (185)special occasion (155)vibrant bar scene (99)romantic (99)good for groups (89)notable wine list (68)late-night find (54)great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (20)scenic view (13)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Overrated and overpricedYumyumDined on 11/21/2014If you are a foodie you will not be impressed with this restaurant. There are a few delicious tapas but the majority are ok; for the price they should be spectacular. I would definitely go for a cocktail since the atmosphere is noteworthy.
- qualitybramDined on 11/18/2014Very good tapas.. Creative and surprising. Well worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodDaveDined on 11/18/2014Great food, very different and wonderful flavours Bar bit pricey in comparisonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- late dinnerceciliavDined on 11/16/2014We had a great experience at Bazar, we would have preferred had dinner in the main dining room, than at the one at the entrance, The food was excellent and the waiter offered the best selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014best family dinner. everything was unique and delishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!TheFoodiesDined on 11/16/2014We are happy every time we go there. The food is innovative and great. A bit pricey but our taste buds are ok with that. I highky recommend trying it at least once, and you'll be the judge. The service is great. We go there every time we are in Miami. Which means a lot, since we own a place there. Love it.Special Features:
- Amazing from start to finishBirthdayDinnerVIPDined on 11/12/2014Anytime I am in a city with a Jose Andres restaurant I must go, and this one did not disappoint! Everything was perfect from start to finish. They are very accommodating to dietary restrictions too. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection.golferchick24Dined on 11/10/2014Read great reviews and decided to try it. Wait staff was helpful in suggestions for first time tapas diners. Would go there again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portionsTravelerVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was extremely tasty but the portions for the price were scanty. Do not go hungry or you will need to spend a fortune to get satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative food and cocktailssibbearDined on 11/7/2014Very vibrant dining room/lounge leaves you with an upbeat feeling. Our server was attentive, professional and knowledgeable. The menu offers a lot of choices with a twist. With almost every dish and cocktail creativity did not feel out of place, every little trick served a purpose and made dishes more exciting and original. Great place for a fun night out, well worth the price tagSpecial Features:
- the best in South BeachclaudeDined on 11/6/2014We have been visiting South Beach for the last 4 years. this restaurant with Pied a terre, is the best restaurant we ever experienced in Sobe and we have tried many of them !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried it once, won't returnAlmostafoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014Were very excited to try a new tapas restaurant while vacationing from NYC to Miami this weekend (despite mixed reviews). Went with a party of 4 adults on a Sunday night. Restaurant was full, not crowded. Experience was nothing short of bazaar (weird). The waiter was odd and not helpful, almost rude. We felt forced to order more food than we wanted (12-16 items) and felt like we were "on the clock". Most of the food was mediocre - we had the shrimp, scallops, cheese trio, meat trio, stuffed peppers, churrasco - with exception of the chicken croquettes (very good) and the dessert (sorbet served in a banana) which we originally didn't want, felt forced to order - but turned out to be the best part of the night. Wine selection was decent.
- date night / girls night out dream!SaraNJBmoreSoFLDined on 11/1/2014My best friend and I were in town for the night and wanted to try something new. Someone suggested Bazaar and I'm so happy they did. I'm a huge fan of the small plates concept vs large entrees. And did Jose Andres get this right (like he always does!) The food was unbelievable. The croquettes and the octopus were amazing. Will definitely be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTIONfoodblissDined on 11/1/2014One thousand thanks to Jimmy Pumarol, the manager, who insured our night was nothing short of fabulous. It was a birthday celebration for my amazing boyfriend. Jimmy gave us a romantic cozy two top in this super trendy chic eatery. When we arrived, there was a McLaren, a Bentley and a Rolls in the parking lot. Beautiful people graced the gorgeous surroundings. We settled in and were pampered by Luis, the consummate professional. He guided us through the 91 item tapas menu making suggestions. Not one time did we need to ask for water or anything...he timed all of our dishes to the second.Special Features:
- OutstandingMotorCityMadmannVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great food and excellent service. One of the best meals of our lives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and ambience.AlexGDined on 10/31/2014First time and wanting to go back. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteMravsVIPDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I always make time for dinner here when we're in Miami Beach. Colors, flavors, presentation all make for an exception meal. Appreciate the gluten free choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DaisyBDined on 10/30/2014I went for my girlfriends birthday as a recommendation. Lets start with the service was amazing. So it made the experience that much more enjoyable. The flavors of the food and drinks tickled my palate. The dragon fruit ceviche was yummy!!!Special Features:
- Innovative and ExcitingbrucenycVIPDined on 10/29/2014The food and experience at the Bazaar in Miami is a cut above the typical high-end Miami restaurant. The menu is creative, the quality of the ingredients is very high, and the servers seem to appreciate truly good food. The Bazaar manages to be cutting-edge trendy while delivering innovative dishes that will appeal to those who consider themselves to be foodies. Often high-end Miami restaurants trot out the same old war horses like steak and lobster truffle mashed potatoes served by clueless staff at exorbitant prices, but the Bazaar is the real deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tears to my eyesinspiremeDined on 10/28/2014this experience literally brought tears to my eyes. I was so moved by the food, service(Michael was amazing) and atmosphere. I did not expect i would feel this way and it truly gave me inspiration! especially being in the food and beverage industry. i felt refreshed by the passion of everyone there. my boyfriend and i are huge fans of Jose and Ferran and we will definitely return asap!Special Features:
- O melhorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014A comida é simplesmente maravilhosa, o atendimento excelente e o restaurante é lindo. Tudo perfeito!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing presentation.Johnp123Dined on 10/27/2014One of the best dinners I've had in ages. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Food fantastic but small childrenEnjoydiningDined on 10/26/2014The food was as good as I had read, incredibly imaginative and delicious. Our only negative was that there were three tables with small children. They were all Europeans, and perhaps it reflects a cultural difference. One of the children cried through a lot of the meal, and another table, unfortunately next to us, had a toddler who persisted in crawling and running to other tables. His father followed him around, repeatedly brushing into us.Special Features:
- Well worth it!DuckieDined on 10/25/2014The food was innovative and fresh. The service was impeccable - ask for Javi as your server - he rocked!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentesaamismailDined on 10/25/2014Excellent quality and innovative dishes. I highly recommend. As usual Mr. Andres delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FIND!!RhonoVIPDined on 10/24/2014sit in the main room, ask for Luis, he's a terrific waiter dishes are amazing, presentations are fabulous and everything tasted deliciousSpecial Features:
- Just Amazing Food!StewieSnrDined on 10/19/2014A busy but super eating house. Stylish but not pretentious. Great server too, Joshua, who we entrusted to select our menu. He exceled. every course was a culinary delight with a surprise twist! The only minor disappointment was the pre-dinner drinks. When you are spending U$D600+ on a meal do we really need to close out the drinks check & then take our drinks to our table. Hmmm, maybe an area for improvement. That said, great dinner and a great evening was had by all. Bon appetite.Special Features:
- incredible w/ small exceptionleiferikson1Dined on 10/19/2014food = amazing. ambiance = amazing. service = weak sauce. not very attentive staff. not a big enough deal to pass up.Special Features:
- Another winner from Jose AndreasRaineyVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food has that WOW factor. Every bite was more savory than the first. Asian fusion meets traditional tapas. The dumplings were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Dinner Ever!Dinner4twoVIPDined on 10/18/2014Honestly I can't rave enough about how wonderful Bazar is! All I can say is go right away, order everything on their menu & get ready to enjoy your night of the best tapas ever. My husband and I spent his birthday there & we loved it so much that we repeated my birthday celebration there last Saturday. The restarant hooked me up with an extraordinary tasting menu for us and our 15 guests and everyone was blowed away by it all. The service was excellent with Josh as our head waiter and the whole night was a dream come true. Thank you Bazar for helping me make my birthday the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spot with amazing tastesSwagDined on 10/18/2014A cool hip spot and ambiance. The place was alive. The food was incredible! The tapas sizes were portioned just right in a variety of conversation boosting inventive plates. Our server was super knowledgeable and recommended some really tasty dishes. The only one thing was my friend's glasses were cleared by a server in error. Our server basically said it was impossible so we left the restaurant without them. A few hours later the security called saying they had the glasses and we should come and collect them. An otherwise perfect experience would have been over the top without this little mishap. The server was a bit arrogant and told us he was in "control" of the dinning room and there was no way they had them. Otherwise perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an amazing expierence -Tinav603Dined on 10/16/2014The ambiance & expierence was uniquely satisfying & as it was our 30 th anniversary - it will always be one I'll remember - our server Joshua was very accomatdating and very informative to knowing the menu - in fact the entire staff knew their jobs very well - that's a refreshing aspect !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMudluvsfoodDined on 10/15/2014My brother and I had a great experience all the way around. Food, service, atmosphere, all great and innovative in their culinary work and creativity !!!Special Features:
- tcatim6243VIPDined on 10/14/2014Very unique food. Excellent flavors. Loved it!! Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Spain meets South BeachnpolerDined on 10/12/2014The food/tapas are awesome and quite our of the ordinary, however do keep in mind you tend to over eat. We told the waiter to bring food, period, and he did very well, since you are sharing and eating bite size pieces you end up eating a lot more (and spending a lot more) than just ordering a dish, but as long as you don't sin too often (and keep up your runs, bikes or whatever is your fancy) you should be fine. We come here about once a month with friends.Special Features:
- Lived up to the reputationBryanNYCVIPDined on 10/11/2014I'd heard a lot of great things about The Bazaar and it lived up to the hype. The room had great energy and the food was excellent. My only complaint is the waiter. His explanation of the menu was overly dramatic and annoying, but this is fairly common in good restaurants outside of NYC. He also tried to trade us up to a more expensive wine without explaining why my choice was unsatisfactory in his mind. Also annoying. The food and the room made up for all of that however.Special Features:
- Foodies DelightdrmrgDined on 10/9/2014The stunning array of options makes for a customizable experience, but the meal was fantastic, the service impeccable, and the ambiance was energetic. Place was packed on a Thursday evening, and the waiter even offered to help us get into Hyde Beach.Special Features:
- Best Food in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014What a delicious dinner, exceeded expectations, small but healthy and delightful portions, service was nothing but world class, great work, must go place while at Miami!Special Features:
- All-around amazing experienceKimcan84Dined on 10/5/2014The food was spectacular. It was so hard to choose! Excellent wine menu. And the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuFunEatsVIPDined on 10/5/2014A very interesting and diverse menu, with many unique items. Service was great and the food was fantastic.Special Features: