The Bay House
799 Walkerbilt Road
Naples, FL 34110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Bay House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bayhousenaples.com/
- Phone: (239) 591-3837
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday thru Thursday 5:00 to 9:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00 to 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch begins December 1st ~ 11am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Hunter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Bay House offers live music every night and during Sunday Brunch.
A word from The Bay House
The Bay House Restaurant is Naples’ hidden gem. Located directly on the Cocohatchee River, the restaurant offers spectacular waterfront dining and unparalleled views of the Cocohatchee wildlife preserve. Come and enjoy The Claw Bar & Tavern, made to order stews in our one-of-a kind steam kettles and seafood towers assembled before your eyes in our open claw bar kitchen. The Bay House prides itself on its intimate, old Florida charm, with riverfront seating on our deck. The cuisine ranges from gracious, southern-influenced dishes to seafood entrees to neighborhood bistro-style fare. Many of The Bay House’s signature dishes include locally grown and locally produced ingredients. Join us for "Sundays on the Cocohatchee", our Sunday Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Online reservations are available for dinner and Sunday Brunch. Enjoy live entertainment nightly, from 6:30pm-9:30pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Bay House - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
The Bay House reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (100)special occasion (95)fit for foodies (78)romantic (70)great for outdoor dining (67)neighborhood gem (67)vibrant bar scene (41)notable wine list (37)good for groups (24)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (15)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- TomDDined on 11/22/2014The menu and food were fantastic. Great atmosphere inside and out. I was amazed how easy it was to carry on a conversation with the band playing in the bar (even when we were sitting in the bar). Service from our waitress Miranda was top notch and really professional. Can't wait to come back during the day to enjoy the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service!LinstasDined on 11/21/2014Food and service here is excellent. Nice view of the river if you sit near the window. It gets prettying busy in season so reservations are a must. We were served a small appetizer compliments of the chef.... Cauliflower soup and a bite size popover. My hubby and I ordered surf and turf which was short ribs and shrimp. They were delicious and tender. I had the house salad which was made with a lemon tea dressing. It was light and fresh. Our friends had the oysters, soup and scallops. He loved them all. She had the special which was flounder. For desert we shared the fried dough with chocolate and caramel sauce. It was enough for 4 of us and also very good. I gave it 4 stars because I thought it was a little pricey but that's what you get in Naples. They also have an outside area if you want to just go for a drink and appetizers around a fire pit. Nice and cozy in winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite mustKlinkaDined on 11/20/2014The Bay House was thoroughly enjoyable, the decor, the view, the food and our waitress, Nicole. We would recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in Southwest FloridaLesaDined on 11/19/2014By far and away, the best restaurant in SW Florida. Exceptional food, service and ambiance. Lively band in the bar, but doesn't interfere with dining. Beautiful views and great outdoor dining. If you only have time for one meal out, you owe it to yourself to eat at the Bay House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- popular spotLorisDined on 11/19/2014This popular spot never disappoints. Their "southern" cooking style is a different take on seafood, and makes it delicious.Special Features:
- Fun Place!JenniferVIPDined on 11/18/2014First time here, sat in the Claw Bar, which had live music and was more casual. Great atmosphere! Would definitely go back. Wait staff was awsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014Have been there many times--service was very poor---it definitely I lac yours plans for going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jo HJoAnnDined on 11/18/2014We had a great anniversary dinner here and love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!GeorgieDined on 11/16/2014Had an early evening dinner booking, and couldn't praise the service we received enough, very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. That, together with great food and a lovely setting made for a memorable occasion, which we can't wait to repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- choochooLou60Dined on 11/15/2014The food and service was excellent. The noise level was a bit much, but tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemCakesDined on 11/14/2014We found this restaurant several years ago and love it. It's where all the locals go. It's always busy which is a good sign. The food, service and ambiance are wonderful. They are especially accommodating to anyone with food allergies. Our favorite place in Naples!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doug from MichiganOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Great place to relax and have a very very good meal with friends. Loud enough that your conversations did not carry but quiet enough to talk comfortably-a rarity. Our waitress is the best I seen in 50 years- not notch service. Food was superb. Had a very wonderful 3.5 hrs. with great friends and closed the place. Ready to go back todaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014The food was fantastic and the service was great! Unusual menu but great combinations of tastes and options. We had a great time. A friend suggested we try this and I'm really glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Food, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2014Have been multiple times and the food is always excellent.Service was a little off this evening, which we are willing to look past as this is the first time that has been the case. Will return to enjoy the ambiance and great menu while hoping that they get service back on trackSpecial Features:
- fabulous!BC91947Dined on 11/8/2014The service was exquisite..we had a waiter named Michael and he,along with the bus boy and manager were at our table numerous times during the evening. I asked to have my scalops returned as they were cold and the response of the waiter and manager were incredible...No questions asked,they took my food back immediately and offered me a soup while I waited. The manager personally delivered my meal to the table and apologized again.At the end of the evening they offered a complementary dessert..One of the best dining experiences my friend and I have ever had.Special Features:
- Great experienceMolleeDined on 11/8/2014As usual, it was a great experience and we definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealBobBDined on 11/7/2014The Bay House remains one of our favorite restaurant in the area. Their seafood dishes are excellent with a nice presentation and wonderful unique twist added. The service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitWoodwardsDined on 11/7/2014This was the second time we had visited The Bay House. Being a chef and retired from our own fine dining restaurant we enjoyed the creative imagination of the talented chef of The Bay House. Protien cooked well with many complimentary flavours in sauces, coatings and seasonings. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely room, wonderful foodAlspatVIPDined on 11/7/2014Bay House showed us how great a simple meal can be. Four great appetizers followed by four great entrees! The dining room is beautiful and surprisingly quiet. Adjacent to the dining room is a very busy bar, live music and folks having lots of fun.Special Features:
- Certainly the Best in SW FloridaLesaDined on 11/4/2014The Bay House is, in my view the best in the area and perhaps the best in the SE. The food is exceptional, the wait staff is well trained and certainly attentive. The views are exceptional and the "vibe" is just great. Live music and valet parking complement the evening. If you enjoy Great Food and a wonderful dining experience, you owe yourself a trip to the Bay House.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014We had a wonderful time the meal was great but slightly over priced. I loved everything we had. The complimentary soup was a nice touch. Because of the cost we will probably not be back.Special Features:
- My Favorite Local Restaurant By FarStephanieMDined on 11/2/2014The Bay House is the one restaurant I tell everyone they have to try and where I take all of my out of town guests. It is always a hit. We eat there frequently and it is amazing every time. The servers are friendly and professional and the food is one of a kind. We especially enjoy the Sunday brunch. The banana bread french toast with praline bacon... delicious. And the Bloody Marys are awesome, too. Be sure to check out the Boss Hog!Special Features:
- Dinner Rolls and BeignetshairmanDined on 10/27/2014Nice casual atmosphere and great service. Delicious fresh rolls and sweet softened butter so you don't have to wait for the solid, cold butter to soften. Just slather up the butter and shove those soft, warm rolls in the chow hole. Recommended is the potholes and the tuna tartare. But whatever you do save room for the beignets. But if you can't, they're just as good the next day with your morning coffee or afternoon cocktail by the pool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming RestaurantkgirlfoodieDined on 10/26/2014Bay House is our favorite brunch restaurant in Naples. The scenery is lovely and the ambience relaxing. The food is always superb with some unusual brunch items. The seafood BLT and the crab Benedict are outstanding.Special Features:
- Superb!CleanPlateClubDined on 10/23/2014This was our first visit to The Bay House and we will definitely return. Service was impeccable and the food was delicious. Our server was extremely knowledgeable, making suggestions along the journey. It was obvious that the entire staff took extreme pride in their work.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2014We keep taking new guests to The Bay House and every experience there ends with our guests saying they had the best meal ever. Boys from Tennessee and New Orleans, "Yo' Mamma sho did teach you to cook good." All joking aside, this meal presented us with impeccably prepared snapper. The coastal pan roast is one diner's favorite and once again delicious and well done. Our guest had beef and of course he was the one that said the best ever. Culinary training students assist with table, so our joke was we had rolls on our bread plates removed, before we even attempetd to eat them and while we were engaged on conversation. No big deal and a good laugh for all.Special Features:
- DebbieDebsdinnerDined on 10/20/2014This is our second dinner visit to bay house. It has been excellent food from appetizers to desert. Our waitress was also excellent and very helpful and personable. We will definitely be returning. It can be pricey though. a special occasion must!Special Features:
- AWESOME OYSTERSBraddyDined on 10/17/2014WOW by far the best grilled oysters ever!! So happy to hear they are now also available both nights of the weekend. JUST SUPERB!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceglueskiDined on 10/15/2014Excellent food and service. Unique twists on offerings (hamhocks with the scallops).Special Features:
- Great nightMylesDined on 10/11/2014We really enjoyed our visit. The bar was fun, music great. Service was very friendly..no issues..great dinnerSpecial Features:
- Special occasion dinnerKundinDined on 10/11/2014I was entertaining family who visited me from Germany, we were sitting on the patio, the experience was outstanding, Brian, our server, was fabulous. The food was delicious, imaginative presentation, the Tuna Tatare a must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet restaurantGourmetneighboursDined on 10/5/2014We have been living close by for seventeen years, but as this is tucked down a very quiet road it is easy to forget it's there. It is a real find, and we'll definitely be back. It is very expensive, and for those prices one would expect more choice, but that's my only criticism. The food, service and lovely view were fantastic.Special Features:
- TO RECOMMENDnounouVIPDined on 10/5/2014THE VIEW IS VERY NICE, THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD EXCEPT THE FRITTATA (DRY), WE HAD A PERFECT SERVICE.Special Features:
- a real gemLarryVIPDined on 9/26/2014Beautiful settling, beautiful outdoor seating for drinks and dinner, outstanding interior decor with a rich nautical theme and excellent food. What more can you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too little...too much moneyunhappyDined on 9/25/2014I have been coming to Bay House for years...just the bar. A friend of mine, received good news about her cancer, and she wanted to celebrate. She chose Bay House. I told her it was a bit pricey, but she did not care...until the bill came. 3 drinks, 4 entrees, 2 cappucino....$200..not including the tip. The portions were small and you do not even get a salad. Very disappointing! Never again. A celebration turned out to be a disappointment. The last time I was there, I had oysters at the bar. They were so small and schriviled...I couldn't even scrap them off the shell! NEVER AGAIN!Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014We have been there several times and had very knowledgeable servers-not this time. He was slow, didn't know the menu very well (about gluten free), and we don't really want to know what is the waiter's favorite choice on the menu!Special Features:
- Foodies!LJVitaleDined on 9/22/2014Yellow tail snapper with Tomato Jam is not to be missed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our server was great ~ Courtney, I believe. She really made our group feel at home and relaxed. Very pleasant young lady and knowledgeable about the restaurant, Chef, and meals.Special Features:
- Our favorite Naples restaurantAnn4ArtDined on 9/15/2014If you pine for great friendly service and wonderful food this is for you. Creative menu with flair but delicious results. Wonderful place to bring friends because it is quiet enough to hear each other talk. Service is excellent and not stuffy. Ask for it you get it. Need reservations many others have it as their favorite too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Joseph BabeySheriDined on 9/11/2014I wasn't fond of the corn chowder; a little bitter and the crab cake a little too spicey. The fish was delicious and I thought the plate should have cluded more than one scallop. Loved the atmosphere, the food was great and our waitress a young lady from Russia really made the dining experience perfect. The Champagne was an elegant touch for my husband's birthday, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.