The Bay House
799 Walkerbilt Road
Naples, FL 34110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Bay House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bayhousenaples.com/
- Phone: 2395913837
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday thru Thursday 5:00 to 9:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00 to 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Hunter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Bay House offers live music every night and during Sunday Brunch.
A word from The Bay House
The Bay House Restaurant is Naples’ hidden gem. Located directly on the Cocohatchee River, the restaurant offers spectacular waterfront dining and unparalleled views of the Cocohatchee wildlife preserve. Come and enjoy The Claw Bar & Tavern, made to order stews in our one-of-a kind steam kettles and seafood towers assembled before your eyes in our open claw bar kitchen. The Bay House prides itself on its intimate, old Florida charm, with riverfront seating on our deck. The cuisine ranges from gracious, southern-influenced dishes to seafood entrees to neighborhood bistro-style fare. Many of The Bay House’s signature dishes include locally grown and locally produced ingredients. Join us for "Sundays on the Cocohatchee", our Sunday Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Online reservations are available for dinner and Sunday Brunch. Enjoy live entertainment nightly, from 6:30pm-9:30pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Bay House - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
The Bay House reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (89)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (59)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (31)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (23)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (18)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Our favorite Naples restaurantAnn4ArtDined on 9/15/2014If you pine for great friendly service and wonderful food this is for you. Creative menu with flair but delicious results. Wonderful place to bring friends because it is quiet enough to hear each other talk. Service is excellent and not stuffy. Ask for it you get it. Need reservations many others have it as their favorite too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Joseph BabeySheriDined on 9/11/2014I wasn't fond of the corn chowder; a little bitter and the crab cake a little too spicey. The fish was delicious and I thought the plate should have cluded more than one scallop. Loved the atmosphere, the food was great and our waitress a young lady from Russia really made the dining experience perfect. The Champagne was an elegant touch for my husband's birthday, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/10/2014It was another celebration at The Bay House and another wonderful dining experience. Our friends celebrated their 50th Anniversary and our meal was truly The Bay House at it’s best. One diner had grouper and accompaniments were perfect. Two of us had king crab two ways and were very pleased with our choice. Nicole’s service was superb and she really was on top of her game with our guests. We dread Season coming on because we know we are going to have a hard time getting reservations. This place is a true gem in vacationland.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our 47th Wedding Anivarsery there last week and it was very enjoyable. The service was excellent and the staff went out of their way to make the occasion special,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014It was excellent --- the ambiance, music, and food were great!!! We love to come to your restaurant.Special Features:
- Great ViewLuvfoodandwineVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food and service excellent as always. Hard to find a restaurant on the water and this one is a gem. When it is a bit cooler they have dining outside which is wonderful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- my thoughtssandyDined on 9/5/2014I was going to go to the Turtle Club. as my experiences there were always pleasant and the food has been great. I was particularly annoyed at the portion sizes and we had to have our key Lime dessert replaced with donuts which were just as unsatisfactory. I believe you try too hard to be original with your deserts, which leaves much room for disappointment. Our sever was very impressive and helped us wade through the dessert issue. Your prices are $$$$ and although the service is top notch, and the main meal acceptable..the desserts bring the experience to a modest level.Special Features:
- New #1 in NaplesDavidaVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have been coming to Naples for years and we tried several new spots this past trip. We were astounded that we had never heard of The Bay House. We almost want to keep it a secret, but we can't. The evening was simply the best food, service and ambiance we have experienced in Naples. My wife had the Pan Roast as her entre and I had the grilled oysters as an appetizer...WOW on both counts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all thatDenverVisitorVIPDined on 8/30/2014Structure is nice with outside areas. Food was overpriced and over-"gourmet". Didn't see the value. Very popular and evidently one of the nicest restaurants in the immediate area.Special Features:
- Bay House terrificDumbdudeVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very wonderful dinner with friends. Seafood was awesome. Salmon outstanding, oysters excellent and the seafood Roast also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clever use of simple ingredients.SCBobDined on 8/28/2014The ingredients were the same as every other seafood restaurant has, but this Chef was more clever in their use. There was a southern twist to the preparation, very Charleston-like. Delicious food, wonderful view, and a beautiful, quiet place to eat.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Had a great brunch with my significant other on a Sunday. Nice quiet restaurant, good food and great service.Special Features:
- Hidden delicacyMichie22VIPDined on 8/22/2014I found this restaurant by pure luck and I am so glad I did. The food was amazing. The presentation is beautiful and the service was great. The chef sent us complimentary small plates for us to try. Nothing I are was mediocre, everything was beyond 5 stars. The southern influence at this seafood restaurant was nothing short of fabulous. The dessert was phenomenal. We don't have to wait to be seated. My only complaint is that they don't have one where I live. I can't wait to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014We introduced friends to The Bay House last night and as year round Naples residents, they questioned why they never dined here before. The Bay House was very crowded and fully lived up to our expectations of well prepared, delicious food. Tuna Tartare was a huge portion, creatively presented and very fresh. Sweet potato gnudi was a shared favorite and the fried oysters were excellent. We equally enjoyed the goat cheese cobbler and the fried green tomatoes came with the best, fragrant, well spiced tomato jam ever. Three of us did a shared meal of appetizers and one diner had panned seafod combo which he thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you Scott and staff for another good meal and a special birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DhurtakVIPDined on 8/22/2014We took a friend here for her birthday...great food as usual...beautiful settingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Place was eloquent, gracious and attentive servers, and dinner present well and quite tasty. Definitely a special restaurant to visit for special romantic occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pm032Dined on 8/17/2014Kids crying, air conditiong on low, limited menu food barely passable. Wait staff fine. No 'bang-for-the-buck' here.Special Features:
- Hidden GemEatingrightDined on 8/16/2014What a great restaurant, the food was well above our expectations. The Alaskan King Crab two ways was the best meal in a long time. Homemade Pasta with chunks of Crab. Would have never known about the restaurant if not told by a friend. Went for an anniversary dinner and was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-The-TopLeomaDined on 8/16/2014This is what I shared on your review. "Over-The-Top. As a local celebrity I often bring collectors to my area to purchase my art. The Bay House is the only restaurant in 3 of my surrouding countys that I can be assured to have the perfect evening of food, wine, and ambiance. My guests always feel special. So glad the Bay House is near (I live in Matlacha about 50 miles away). I have learned to make reservations months in advance. Especially in season. Sometimes I get lucky 48 hours before and can make the reservation. I travel internationally and the Bay house is on my top 5 list globally.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!rad4diningDined on 8/15/2014Great atmosphere and interesting food. The Bay House never fails to impress. We had great service with good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!HRTopicsVIPDined on 8/13/2014We've lived in the area and heard about bay house and decided to try it last minute. We had no idea how beautiful it was and the options were interesting and fabulous. We tried a variety of fish and duck and everything was fabulous. Certainly not your typical fish house!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceHappyDinerDined on 8/10/2014We've lived here for 35 years and just now discovered this lovely restaurant. From the Hostess, Manager, Wait Staff, Support Staff, Chef and Kitchen staff everyone was pleasant and genuinely welcomed us and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable but pampered. The food was excellent. The Waitress was very knowledgable about the menu and helpful in suggestion alternatives to foods we might not like. The Chef sent us a complimentary cold Mango soup as a thank you for dining with them. I have never cared much for Mango but this was amazing. We had mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary and everyone wished us a happy one and the Chef sent us a complimentary dessert with his good wishes. We look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bay HouseCmTltDined on 8/9/2014Our waiter was great, our wine was excellent but the food left a little to be desired- it appeared to me that the choice of ingredients was well thought out,the covering of the dishes with a sugary glaze covered the taste of the food + my cut of filet was undercooked and was rather chewey. My wife did like her fish but again it was buried under this sweet glaze that did not enhance the meal.Special Features:
- Overall FabulousMarkColeVIPDined on 8/8/2014I sometimes forget about this restaurant since it's off the main road but I am always very happy with food, view and service. I highly recommend Friday night grilled oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014We are foodies so it takes a lot to impress us. Wow! What a meal with great service from Nicole, great reception from Scott, the manager, and even the table assistant could not have been more personable. We are part-time but year around residents in Estero. We have a few favorite places in the Estero/Bonita area, and in one meal, The Bay House has moved to postion #1. The tomato jam with the fried green tomatoes was the best ever. Crab with paparedelle and grapefruit butter, excellent. Goat cheese cobbler? Superb. My husband's seafood combo, a signature dish, was over the top. Thank you Bay House for a memorable anniversary dinner, and we already have our next reservation. Should we book out now for tables in Season?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful setting & superb foodchicajillVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is such a delightful restaurant. The food is always great. It's on inlet water. The restaurant is separate from the music area. The bar menu & band are an excellent spot, too.Special Features:
- StandardsoktoeatVIPDined on 7/20/2014Our meal was not up to the standard that we associate with The Bay House. Perhaps Sunday night is not a good time.
- MemorableShaunP2Dined on 7/15/2014We had an amazing experience. The food was amazing, we ordered the tuna tartar, it was wonderful... My favorite of the night. We were suprised with some small treats from the kitchen and they were all very good. The main courses were unbelivable. We ate everything, we didn't want to miss tasting something. It was my girlfriends birthday and they made the whole night great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and on waterdearnancyVIPDined on 7/13/2014This lovely suburban restaurant is on the waterway leading into the Gulf. It's private and secluded. Food is always wonderful. The bat has entertainment, and the bar menu is great and very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so goodnounouVIPDined on 7/13/2014as always, very good food and service. excellent brunch will come back as usualSpecial Features:
- costjunkmanDined on 7/12/2014Far to expensive for the food and location. The presentation was fine and unique in some cases but far to expensive. I had the same entree earlier in the week at Seasons 52 for 30% less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DinningexquisiteDined on 7/9/2014We were very impressed with our Server, Miranda, she was very polite and attentive and knowledgeable about the menu selections. I can't say enough about the fabulous meals we had. The presentation was remarkable and the food was outstanding! I have been to many restaurants in Naples and the Bay House is by far the very best! Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceCanaryVIPDined on 7/3/2014There's a reason this place has so many reviews... it is excellent!Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodRodneyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Bay House was outstanding - the Food, the quality, taste and selection were out of this world. Located in a convenient out of the way location - once in the restaurant the scenic view is sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedfoodieonekinobeVIPDined on 6/28/2014Love this restaurant but encountered a very Ho hum blah meal. Only highlight was the crispy butter lettuce in the salad. Server must have been given too many tables.Special Features:
- Excellent food!FoodWhispererDined on 6/27/2014First time dining there and food was fantastic. Had Alaskan King Crab 2 ways! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- HaditVIPDined on 6/22/2014It took two tries to prepare my wife's salmon well done; it took three tries to prepare my tuna seared rare; as a result, we each dined alone. Management neglected to take action against a loud, boisterous and anti-American foreigner, ultimately leaving it to the customers to set him straight and quiet him down. Restaurant is located in a nice setting; too bad it isn't managed similarly.
- if...caraVIPDined on 6/21/2014Such a wonderful atmosphere... Service...music...selection of food....only suggestion is offer less expensive wine and food entries. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and Locationryanrp7Dined on 6/21/2014I found this from tripadvisor and decided to take a shot. I used opentable to make a reservation and included in the comment area that we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and I requested a table near the windows that overlook the mangroves. We were not disappointed! Got a table with a nice view and a fabulous meal. We both had the shrimp cocktail appetizer and Alaskan Crab 2 ways. They also gave us a free appetizer that was not on the menu some sort of cornbread mixed with Pimento cheese...very tasty. At the end they gave us a free dessert of almond lemon pound cake with strawberries and cream to celebrate our anniversary...very nice touch!!!! Brian was our server and did a wonderful job!!!Special Features:
- Father's Day Feast!happydinersDined on 6/15/2014We went to The Bay House for brunch, after church, on Father's Day. We are in our 70's, so the easy parking and front entry ramp option was helpful. Once inside, we were seated promptly, with a great view of the bay. We enjoyed the beautiful old wooden boats suspended above us, and the classic white linen table appointments. We found the menu choices very satisfactory, and the prices reasonable. The food was delicious. The service was equally satisfactory. The added bonus was the unexpected presence of an Irish band in the bar area. We have a particular fondness for Irish music, so this topped an altogether delightful day. We will definitely be returning to The Bay HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.