The Bay Bar & Grill - Bozeman
2825 W. Main St
Bozeman, MT 59718Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Bay Bar & Grill - Bozeman
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebaybarandgrille.com/
- Phone: 4065870484
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eric Hellickson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music during dinner on certain weekends in the fall, winter, and spring. TVs in the cocktail area to watch sports, food channels,news,etc.
A word from The Bay Bar & Grill - Bozeman
The Bay is a shining example of how Bozeman celebrates and returns to an authentic restaurant filled with happy people and great food. The restaurant recently celebrated its 25th anniversary, all under owner Kurt Shull who opened the restaurant in 1987. Famous for signature dishes like French onion soup and shrimp wantons, every single dish is house-made and all ingredients are locally sourced whenever possible. Travelers and Bozeman devotees alike come for dishes unique to The Bay and for the cozy and personal atmosphere, whether they sit in the dining room or the more casual bar room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bay Bar & Grill - Bozeman reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice TimeJedsDined on 10/26/2013My wife loved her meal: prawns tempura & house salad w/ blue cheese chunks. She said it couldn't have been prepared any better. My son enjoyed the ribeye steak. Appetizers were very good (calimari & chicken strips). I enjoyed the great assortment of beers on tap (local and national microbrews and imports), but my bison burger was a bit overdone (ordered it medium rare but was served well done). Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayJanieDined on 8/10/2013My birthday celebration with my girlfriend. Food was excellent,service was prfessional and he was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best waiter and good foodjenandfrenzDined on 7/24/2013A group of my girlfriends and I went to celebrate a birthday. We were pleasantly surprised with the knowledge our waiter had when we asked him about gluten free options. It was wonderful to actually have a waiter who was not only familiar with our dietary restrictions, but also genuinely seemed to care and be able to instruct us regarding the menu. We all ended up more than pleased with our dinners. The entrees were beautifully presented and delicious. The whole experience was truly lovely, but what really made the difference was our waiter!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceCr610785Dined on 5/26/2013Found this restaurant as a decent rating on Urbanspoon, and tried it out. I was not overly hungry and ordered just the french onion soup-- which was delicious! And the chicken lettuce cups-- which were inedible. The mix was dominated by stem-on mushrooms, and the sauce was atrociously salty. The lettuce was large pieces of romaine that didn't really work at all. Mini-romaine is widely available. The service, however, was top notch. The server noticed I had barely touched my main, and instantly had a manager remove them from the bill, which I was happily surprised by! She was incredibly friendly and attentive, and had all the qualitites of an A+ server. Thank you! Based on customer service alone, I would give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hold the salt!JoeyvDined on 3/29/2013I was looking for a place that had a sea food selection to two, as my lady doesn't eat meat. We went to this establishment on a recommendation of a friend. The "shrimp" wontons were deep fried and of a decent portion size. If you like cream cheese, you'll be in heaven. If you like shrimp, you'll be pretty much out of luck. Each piece had on average 2-3 salad size shrimp in it. Really disappointing. I had the filet mignon with a side of vegetables and steak fries. The veggies were what saved the meal from being one star. The fries had so much salt as to be in edible and I like a little bit of salt. The filet was done to perfection and was of a decent size. Again, they screwed up by the use of too much salt. Very disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Thanks for being on Open Table!JerseyShoreBrianDined on 2/16/2013They were busy on Saturday night, and they had a group of 30 arrive just before our reservation. They were super apologetic and great with service, worried about the kitchen being backed up. It worked out fine, and only a small wait. We had tried other places and they were booked, so Open Table rescued us! Nice place for dinner with friends, good menu and great service. I will definitely be back! Fantastic that they are on Open Table, wish more Bozemen restaurants would join. This made it easy to find and make a reservation on a busy night! Saved us from driving from place to place to get a meal!Special Features:
- The front of house managerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The front of house manager is a punk and should be fired