The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa - The Trellis Room
26 N Royal Street
Mobile, AL 36602Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa - The Trellis Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (251) 338-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday we seat guests from 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marty Pollock
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa - The Trellis Room
Mobile’s only Four Diamond restaurant, The Trellis Room in the historic Battle House Hotel offers contemporary Southern cuisine. Executive Chef Marty Pollock and the culinary team change the menu seasonally to showcase the freshest produce, seafood and meats. With an emphasis on farm to table, local ingredients are used whenever possible in this casual yet sophisticated restaurant. Please visit the menu section on Open Table for current offerings. Meet friends for classic cocktails and craft beers before dinner in Royal Street Tavern or enjoy a nightcap afterwards in this piano bar. Opened in 1852, come be a part of the newest culinary chapter at the Battle House. Wine Spectator honored The Trellis Room’s outstanding wine selection. We look forward to serving you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa - The Trellis Room - Best Restaurants in Mobile ›
The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa - The Trellis Room reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (10)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- It was a joke !frenchy1965Dined on 11/8/2014Waited 15 min to b seated.Others were waiting and started to complain.Had ordered flowers,not there,got up,asked the hostess to go find them.Got appetizer,supposed to be an upscale restaurant,all about "plate design" but please,there were 3 minuscule seared pcs of tuna.Waitress whispered that she was sorry we didn't get the balcony table as it was what I reserved.Wife ordered filet,said was great and I ordered the ribeye.Waitress asked if it was the way I cut my steak, I simply replied "no even my dog couldn't chew these pieces" She said that she would notify the manager.Didn't even come see us. Danielle our waitress was great and really embarrassed by this fiasco.Overcharged on check,didn't mention.sorry for wording,had to shorten reviewSpecial Features:
- what a disappointment!MudgeDined on 9/30/2014Food was hardly ediable. Chairs are too low to the table. I can understand why there was only 4 people in resturaunt. That included us. Over priced for what you get. Will NEVER recommend nor return.
- Could be so much moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was poor and the food was walmartish. The food came so quickly there was no way it was made to order. The scallops were super salty. The risotto was watery. The grouper special tasted like it had been made the night before and warmed up. We ordered a salad to share and the server plopped it down on her serving dish and walked off without offering an additional serving plate or anything. The place is beautiful and could have been so much more than what it was. I cannot imagine sending food like that to the table. Super disappointing. I expected more.
- Hidden GemTravelladyDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant is elegant and friendly. Greeters and waitstaff all seemed genuinely interested in making us comfortable and serving us. We went there with friends for a nice meal and to visit, and the room was elegant enough to provide a nice backdrop for conversation, and quiet enough to visit. You need to ask for it, but they have a three course tasting menu for 36 dollars. It really was lovely and reasonably priced. We were there for three hours and that was fine with the staff. The valet gave us complimentary parking with a validated ticket from the dining room.Special Features:
- Special Night CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating a birthday and while looking for a place to celebrate we found The Battlehouse an option on Open Table. Otherwise, we would have celebrated elsewhere. While expensive, the food was great, the service was excellent. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy, happy, happyCelebrityGuestDined on 8/22/2014Joy And Sabrina Along With The Great Food, Make For AN Enjoyable Dining Experience. Good Combination You Have ThereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine N DineLuv2eat2Dined on 8/16/2014The food was great but the service was terrible. With only five couples in the entire restaurant and two waiters the service should have been better. The were several occasions we ran out of water and we had to remind the waiter.Also the food was brought to us without eating utensils. Also, we had validated parking and it took over 20 minutes to bring the vehicle a half block away.Special Features:
- Wonderful EverytimeCelebrityGuestDined on 8/8/2014The Trellis Room Restaurant Never Disappoints. The Food Is Always First Class, Service At The Highest Level. Definitely A Recommend To Anyone Looking For A First Class Dining ExperienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa - The Trellis Room reviews archive.
- CookieDined on 6/20/2014This is a TERRIFIC restaurant. We would not eat dinner and breakfast at any other venue when visiting Mobile. The staff are great at their job duties, and the food offerings are fresh, innovative, creative, and varied. We love the Trellis Room. We wish that we could live at the hotel and dine at the Trellis Room every day. The moment you enter the dining area you realize that you are in a magical place. Fantastic restaurant, staff, atmosphere, and food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, folks. See you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice upscale restaurantTMerrittDined on 5/30/2014Had a good dinner at the Trellis Room. Great service and fantastic food.Special Features:
- Looks good, taste questionableBoudreauxDined on 5/17/2014The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are very nice and the staff are top notch. I'm not sure what happened to the restaurant....breakfast was a total bust. The buffet looked good but even the biscuits and gravy missed the mark along with the grits. I am from the south and I have a standard for southern cooking. That's what we are known for! The potatoes were seasoned badly as well. Get a cookbook sweetie. I also had dinner at the hotel. The filet was not the best cut of meat. It was a bit tough but it was prepared medium rare as per my request. The dessert was wonderful. If you stay at the hotel, I recommend dinning elsewhere. The hotel restaurant is fine for drinks and dessert. The ambiance is very nice.
- Not too impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014The atmosphere is great with the historical appeal, the service was outstanding, however, the food not so. The best part about the food was the pre-meal bread! Presentation was not so attractive and the taste not appeasing. This was our first time ever at the restaurant and we were the only people there for some time. When we we left, there were only 6 people total in the restaurant not counting the staff.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodDandGDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I went to the Trellis Room for Easter Brunch. It was the first time we were alone for Easter so we decided to treat ourselves and what a treat it was. The food was amazing! Our table felt private even though there were other diners in the restaurant. We were not rushed through the four course meal. The server even asked us if we were ready for our next course before she brought it so we were able to choose the pace. My husband and I will most definitely return for special occasions. It was a little pricey bit very well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014The scallops were amazing. The shrimp and grits starter was delicious. The salmon catch of the day was cooked to perfection, a slightly crispy outside, but over cooked on the inside. The wait staff was very courteous,but also personable. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- Although our server was EXCELLENT,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014Although our server was EXCELLENT, I ordered Chilean Sea Bass and it was overcooked. That is a beautiful fish and a goof chef should know how to cook fish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve 2013smerylb1Dined on 12/31/2013We had an overall good experience. At first, our service seemed kind of slow, but we later realized that was due to a really obnoxious group that was taking up all of our server's time with complaints that were out of her control. The food they complained about, I thought was very good. The lobster bisque wasn't the best I have ever had, but it was definitely tasty. My duck and my husbands filet was cooked perfectly. I am sorry that the other table felt the need to order and bring in what looked like a pizza, so rude, but we enjoyed our meal and our service. You just can't make some people happy, but as for me, I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited Trellis Room forMdayDined on 12/31/2013We visited Trellis Room for New Years Eve. The fixed menu was exceptional and offered a good variety to guests. I had the shrimp and grits (delicious), lobster (my favorite dish of the evening) and steak (which was good, but I prefer grilled as opposed to sous vide). My husband had the dover sole and was disappointed (in his words: "dry and bland"). My one complaint was the wait time. We were at the restaurant for an hour before the first course came out and waited 45 minutes for the second course. Our waitress was very nice and apologetic. The kitchen, although excellent, seemed disorganized. I understand that the restaurant is busy on New Years Eve, but a fixed menu simply shouldn't take hours to serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveFMobileDined on 12/31/2013Cost for New Years Eve was $95/person not including any drinks except water. Didn't realize it at the time, but the advertised price was supposed to be $55/person. Food was good. Waiters were a little aggressive at wanting to take food away before completely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Very disappointed. Food was ok. Service was absolutely terrible. Four adults, one 8 yr old, $250 check. The Battle House is beautiful but this restaurant needs major help. It took almost 10 minutes to be acknowledged by the hostess, at least 15 minutes to be greeted by a member of the wait staff only to be told they had run out of menus. Really? This place is not that large & was not at capacity when we arrived. Things kind of went downhill from there. I was really hoping for a much better experience.Special Features:
- starters are great!byumamaDined on 12/24/2013Bayou La Batre shrimp & grits rivaled that served at Highland Grill in Birmingham! also She Crab bisque fantastic! excellant service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience was very good.AngelaDined on 12/21/2013Our experience was very good. The service was wonderful, very attentive and friendly. The food was great, had great flavor and displayed beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The room is stunning, wellOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013The room is stunning, well appointed with high ceiling. The Trelis truly a wonderful find when you are travelling. Menu is moderately priced as well as the extensive wine list. Friendly service. Food is excellent and beautifly presented.Special Features:
- Wine problemAubbieVIPDined on 10/17/2013This was our first time dining at the Trellis. We ordered a Pinot noir and was told that the manager had to go to the wine cellar for it. We waited. Please be patient. We waited and our salads arrived. We were given a half glass each of another point noir until our wine was brought from the cellar. Bad news, they do not have that wine but suggest a Shiraz. We said ok, but it really was not what we wanted and took until our entree to get it. Other than that, the food was great and service was fine but wish we would have been told from the get go that we had to select another wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try It!!macyluvtoeatDined on 9/29/2013I had the pleasure of experiencing this wonderful food with my daugther. The service was fantastic, food marvelous and the atmosphere is nice. We had the brunch and it had everything on the breakfast bar to eat. They have the lightest and fluffiest buttermilk pancakes ever. Everything was hot and tasty. Our server Maxine, was great and kept the hot coffee coming. If you get a chance, you need to try the breakfast and its kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Trellis Room - a disappointmentfrequentdinerDined on 9/18/2013The Battle House Hotel lobby spaces are must-see. The Trellis Room is interesting-monstrous high ceilings and fairly comfortable seating. That evening it was nearly empty. A small selection of wines by the glass and an interesting wine list yielded a pleasant sauvignon blanc and subsequently a pinot noir. Salad was nice but nothing out of the ordinary. The main course-pasta with a pulled pork ragu-didn't fare as well. The ragu was heavily seasoned with cinnamon and the pasta thick and undercooked. My companion's experience with a different salad and main course was similar. The servers are well intentioned and try hard but overall the service was not professional. Noja, another restaurant just a few blocks away, is a much better bet.
- Great Restaurant Week experienceMobileTravelerDined on 8/23/2013My wife and I tried the Trellis Room for the first during Restaurant Week 2013. Having recently enjoyed the great Royal Street Tavern only a few feet down the hall we combined the two for a wonderful evening. Great meal and service in the Trellis Room, comfortable surroundings, light level just perfect. We then took the short stroll to tasteful grown up bar with outstanding piano entertainment. What a treat. Struck up interesting conversations with interesting people in both dining room and bar. What a great evening. Just wish we had been staying in the hotel so we could have continued the experience.Special Features:
- restaurant week!LizzieBJDined on 8/17/2013Prix Fixe menu. Restaurant's standouts. The Salmon is fatty, fresh, salty and sweet. Seasonings not overdone, Mushroom risotto so creamy and rich, the 'shrooms still chewy and obviously fresh. The asparagus spears were crispy and green when they arrived. Dessert - the chocolate brownie and the strawberry cheesecake - have them bring them out with the entree. They'll warm and develop flavors. Both were rich, true to their flavors and plated prettily. A nice evening out, restaurant doesn't deserve to be so empty, we were early though (7 pm). One issue was the noise. It was not quiet. Lobby noise and coolers or other machines were intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodated My Food AllergiesAnniversaryCoupleVIPDined on 8/9/2013We traveled from Florida and thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience. The staff had a quiet corner table reserved for us as requested and cheerfully allowed me to swap around my side dishes to accommodate my food allergies. Everything was perfect, from food to service. Well worth the price! We would gladly dine here again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Wine and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013The Trellis Room is a gorgeous restaurant, with excellent food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRobertDined on 7/18/2013This was recommened to me as a great place to go for an anniversary dinner. People were right! Great place/food at a decent price. They would rank higher food wise but were out of the appetizers we wanted that night. A great evening out and the ribeye is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical with attitudeRange1Dined on 7/17/2013This restaurant reflected true southern culture at it's best....while providing excellent food and service! The architecture of the room combined with the wonderful seafood and steak dinners my wife and I enjoyed made for a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedBaySideJimDined on 7/4/2013Service was slow from beginning to end. Pork chop was dry and grainy. Filet was truly excellent, melt in your mouth good. Wine - house pinot - was very good. Could not handle cash for check - had to use credit card. Overall - just above good this night.Special Features:
- AnniversaryThomasDined on 7/4/2013It was our 22nd wedding anniversary and they asked if this was a special occasion and we said yes. They offared us a complementart glass of champagne. That staterd our evening off great. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow & expensiveDutchieVIPDined on 7/3/2013We were looking forward to having dinner here but it became a desillusion. It took ages before our food came, when we needed a waitress there was no one in sight, and a glass of wine was $20!!! Our waitress could at least have told us. The food was fine, but that was about it. Not very happy; a pity because with better service this would have been a really nice place.
- Great Sunday Brunch!LonnieDined on 6/30/2013Made reservations, and they knew who we were when we walked in! Service was excellent, coffee was AWESOME, food was above average. We will be going back for a 2nd meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencepfredDined on 6/21/2013Wanted something special to celebrate husband's 50th. Service was great, atmosphere was great, food was excellent. Just a bit pricey, but what we expected for a fine dining experience. And we got an extra bonus: Nicolas Cage and family were dining just two tables over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the tabpotlikkerDined on 6/16/2013Although a Mobile native, I never had been to the Battle House. We went for brunch on Father's Day, and the prices were comparable to other brunch menus. The crabcake version of the Eggs Benedict was excellent, and the hash was both good and imaginative. Also, a beautiful redo on the building, and the Trellis is very pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While staying as guests atGoombahDined on 4/26/2013While staying as guests at the Battlehous we decided to give the Trellis a try. Service was great and the food was excellant. A highlight to me was the She Crab Soup. It was piping hot and not one shell could be found. We will return when in Mobile againSpecial Features:
- Food was a little dull forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Food was a little dull for price of meal. Could be more creative and flavorfulSpecial Features:
- :Lovely post-Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013We decided to go the day after Valentine's Day to avoid the crowds. The food was perfectly prepared and even though there was a pre-fixe menu that evening we had a good selection from which to choose. One of the chefs stopped by our table to inquire about our dinner and we were even given a sweet treat to take home with us as well! The chocolate truffle gift from the chef was delicious and even included the recipe. We have since made them at home as well. Overall it was a perfect and relaxing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.