The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
99 Convention Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barrymorelv.com/
- Phone: 7024075303x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Meidenbauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For Catering Options/Menus, please contact:
- Special Events: To book special events, please contact:
A word from The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
Fine Dining and Love Affairs. A contemporary twist to retro Las Vegas, The Barrymore serves up American Classic cuisine that is both approachable and unpretentious. Dig on dishes paired with local craft beers, handcrafted cocktails and a selection of one-of-a-kind wines from across the globe, all under $50Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Strip ›
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (56)special occasion (52)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (27)good for groups (17)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- surprise surprise surpriseMarkyVIPDined on 8/26/2014We almost didn't go in. A weird old hotel, but I had a coupon to try it out. Once you enter the hotel It's a bit eclectic, but the restaurant was phenomenal. The staff was welcoming. A good happy hour vibe was seen on the patio. A singer, a bit out of tune, was giving her all. We were led to a dining area and it was a great look. I was very pleased, Phenomal staff. I can truly say I'm a snob. I like quality food and ambience. They had both. We ordered an artichoke appetizer that was wonderful. My bone in filet was amazing. Once again, weird location, but great restaurant. Not cheap because it's quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Time VegastsheehyDined on 8/26/2014We loved the ambiance of this restaurant. the plush booths and the mirrored walls, just gave it an old time Vegas feel. Not sure how long this hotel has been open or the restaurant for that matter, but it felt classic. The food was yummy too. Just make sure that you ask the prices on the food specials because my husband ordered the bone-in fillet special and it turned out to be $65..yikes! Had he asked and known, he would have ordered the regular fillet on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014This place is a great find. Impressive service from the bartender, the wait staff and management. We were impressed enough we went back the next 2 nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WifeyBerlinDined on 8/17/2014Great Great place...food was outstanding! Definitely try the lobster cream corn and the grilled octopus!Special Features:
- Old School ElegancePasadenaCharlieDined on 8/16/2014My date was craving foie gras, so we searched Yelp to locate a suitable establishment. Valet parking was quick and convenient. We were seated promptly, even though we arrived a little early for our 6:30 pm Saturday reservation. The bar area was well-populated for happy hour. There was a large party seated at a table near ours, and that made it somewhat difficult to have a conversation. It was loud but not obnoxiously so. Our waiter thoroughly explained the specials, and the "recommended" dishes, and we ordered three appetizers (foie gras and sweetbreads, and a cesar salad), chicken, and two side dishes -- actually too much. Everything was well-prepared and all waiting staff were attentive to our requests.
- Wonderful experienceBrotherBluffDined on 8/7/2014Highly recommend The Barrymore. The positive reviews of this place are well-deserved. If you don't mind going off strip for dinner, you won't be disappointed. The service is attentive, thoughtful, and sincere. The 28 day dry-aged steaks are outstanding. If you decide to make it extra special, don't hesitate to agree to the Oscar upgrade, but be advised that the non-menu item will set you back another $35. It's a quality treatment to an already great steak, but be careful if you are on a budget. Aside from that, I think there is a tremendous amount of value for the money especially when compared to other restaurants on the strip.Special Features:
- Love itBest2dineDined on 8/6/2014Have dined several times at the Barrymore and it is always excellent. Israel is the best waiter ever.Special Features:
- Great off the strip findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Had a wonderful experience. We come to town 2 times a year for a trade show and prefer to stay off the strip as often as possible. This was perfect! Food was great, the service equally wonderful. We will be returning!!!!!Special Features:
- L8DinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014A must try is the melt in your mouth short rib. YUM!
- Very expensivekazkinsDined on 7/19/2014This was our second visit to the Barrymore. We loved the food again but found it very expensive this time. A three course meal for four people and one bottle of wine and maybe 4 beers and the bill was $200 per person. A tad on the high side I would say!!Special Features:
- Ambience Who?WannabetDined on 7/11/2014My steak was very tender & delicious! My girlfriends duck was tasty but the skin was not crispy as it should of been. However, my biggest compliant is the ambience. What ambience? We were in a very small room with no character, looking out of the window onto the hotel property. We saw all these beautiful pictures of the dining room online. Later, we found there was another dining room. Upon looking at it, we would of loved to be dining in that room. It seemed that everyone was being put in our room. Now that we know about the "other" room, we would request to be put there! The meal was for the most part very good but the atmosphere was a letdown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish venue and great foodJasmineDined on 7/6/2014We went here after reading some good reviews online. The decor was stylish and the layout meant we could have a conversation and actually be able to hear each other. The service was outstanding, with our server making sure to cater to the two members of our party with food allergies. There was a large wine selection and the food was delicious. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for somewhere a bit quieter and away from some of the hustle and bustle of the strip.Special Features:
- The best meal in Vegas by farOnemanstreasureVIPDined on 7/5/2014The Barrymore might be a little ways from the action in Vegas, but the restaurant's decor and food are worth the visit. It was by far the best dinner we had in Vegas during our stay! Even the pretzel bread was delisssshhh!! Must have the Chilean sea bass, if you go! And the malted chocolate dessert was worth the calories!Special Features:
- Don't let the location Fool YouLVFoodSnobVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is a great place. I was a little reluctant because it was in an off-strip, older hotel. But the service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. The tuna tartar was a little salty for my taste, but the Halibut with morels with done flawlessly, and the seared asparagus tasted as though it had just been picked for the garden. The service was very friendly, and efficient. The waiter recommended a great wine, and was very engaging despite the restaurant being busy. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Amazinghennas2dineDined on 7/2/2014This is my 2nd time dining at the Barrymore. Wonderful experience both times, food is delicious and is beautifully presented, great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014We had a wonderful Anniversary dinner at The Barrymore. Second time there, second outstanding dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Staff Stars HereMcMonikerDined on 6/26/2014Just to be clear, the Barrymore is a very nice restaurant - as others have noted, it's a bit hidden as it's closer to the convention center and the building doesn't try to compete with the resort-like casino hotels. The food is solid. It's nicely seasoned and well prepared - perfect for a place that is about letting a person relax. Combine that with a professional and friendly staff, and you have a great place for a pleasant evening meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- something was lackingjenny282VIPDined on 6/24/2014I've been here over 30 times... and I it was my birthday... the waiter didn't really acknowledge that it was mybirthday...cool.Special Features:
- PleasantAnnaDined on 6/24/2014Bonne expérience : accueil plutôt sympa, surtout le barman. Restaurant pour les gourmets, le service est vraiment en adéquation avec le standing. La nourriture est délicieuse. Mon seul reproche est que c'est peut être un peu tristounet, la lumière est vraiment trop faible et c'est calme, trop à mon goût. La note est je trouve aussi un peu trop élévée mais comme tout à Las Vegas je sais bien !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014This restaurant is the epitome of retro glam. Not a poor experience, but none of us had our minds blown either. This is only due to the prices being a bit steep for what you get and food took forever. Now for the food. Heirloom Tomato Salad -The tomatoes were perfect and the burrata was delicious and creamy. Chilean Sea Bass - the fish was cooked and seasoned to perfection, and the sauce was wonderful, but for almost $40, the portion was extremely small. The grilled asparagus was a bit mushy and unappetizing. Filet - my boyfriend was not happy with this at all! While the seasoning was okay, steak was overcooked. Oscar topping bland and not enough crab, and cost almost as much as the steak. No dessert, as we had a show to get to.Special Features:
- great food and ambiencespeedyDined on 6/21/2014Since I came back from the dinner, I have been recommending friends to go there when they are in Vegas. The place just take you away from all the hard partying and gambling and gives you a peace of mind with relaxing environment. The food is just outstanding. I got the duck and my husband got kobe beef. Both are just outstanding. The waiter was OK. He was not being honest on recommending entree but to push for more expensive dishes.Special Features:
- A True Gemaeok413Dined on 6/21/2014We were very pleased with our experience at The Barrymore. It offered a vintage Hollywood type decor/ambience, and it was the perfect spot for a special meal with my husband. Kendra was an excellent, attentive, and very friendly server. We were also approached by the manager, and he seemed very invested in making sure that a guest's experience was top-notch. Everything about our meal was delicious, and our cocktails were divine. We would tell anyone that this is a must-stop in Vegas!Special Features:
- SolidBiewelDined on 6/19/20142nd time eating there. Great service, overall very good food, typical Vegas pricing (not stupid but expensive). They always seem to have one dish they don't get right. Last time it was the sweet breads this time the Brussle Sprouts - way under cooked, border line raw. Send it back - 2nd serving came exactly the same way. Very attentive and friendly service.Special Features:
- Nice find near Convention CenterWGINPCDined on 6/17/2014The food was good and so was the service. It's a short walk from the Las Vegas Convention center which was convenient. The lounge act was quality as well.Special Features:
- Major DisappointmentRobertDined on 6/13/2014I dined at the Barrymore on two previous occasions, the last being February 2014, and I found the food to be very good. However, when I dined there in June, the food was a major disappointment. I don't know if they have a new chef, but they've gone seriously down hill. One member of my party ordered the ahi tuna salad and the ahi was so tiny, it was hard to find it on the plate. Another member ordered the roasted artichoke which tasted like salted cardboard. Then, 2 members of my party ordered the vegetable curry entree, which tasted like oatmeal with carrots in it. It was so bad, they both turned it back for another choice of entree- the short ribs, which were short on flavor and proportion. Unfortunately, I would not go back.
- Wonderful experience50andfreeDined on 6/13/2014We had been planning to go to Barrymore for the whole year to celebrate our anniversary and the anniversaries of our two children and their spouses. The Barrymore was worth the wait! We visited in the small bar area for happy hour and had great service and fantastic appetizers. The beet salad was tasty and refreshing, the rock shrimp was great. We moved onto dinner in the Blue Room. Lobster Mac and Cheese! Wow. The filet was one of the best ever. I had an excellent Chilean Sea Bass, the short ribs, very tender and tasty. the restaurant provided a bottle of champagne at a reduced price for us and a small dessert at the end. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Would we go back? You bet! Maybe wont wait until next years anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not great.Scott2909Dined on 6/13/2014Had our anniversary dinner here. Made resy week in advance and mentioned it was our anniversary. The restaurant was not busy. But we were seated in an auxiliary dining room alone at a tiny table. Why? They did say happy anniversary to us. That was it. Food was very good. Service was good. Atmosphere this visit was lacking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a great find!LambrosDined on 6/11/2014Loved this place. Not on the strip, but that's a plus. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodmaexchenDined on 6/7/2014Excellent food and ambience, great for a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit underwhelmed.normalguyDined on 6/7/2014Found mostly positive reviews on Yelp, but found the food just average. My halibut was small by most standards, and almost overcooked. The crab gasphaco appetizer was very good. The service was a bit uninterested, possibly because my wife wasn't ordering a full dinner.
- Fun kitchy old Vegas vibeRvc75Dined on 6/5/2014Went with a group of 8 and had a great meal and good time. Don't be put off by the location, once you're inside the restaurant the ambiance is great. Dry aged ribeye was delicious and several people had the short ribs and said that they were quite possibly the best they'd ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fair to add 20 % gratuityLarsDined on 6/5/2014Overall the food and service was fine but we were a party of 4 people and the restaurant automatically added 20 % gratuity to the check, which was not okay !!Special Features:
- BarrymoreJosianeHVIPDined on 6/2/2014Very pleasant surprise. We had dinner on Monday evening and the only issue I have is the place was pretty empty. The restaurant is attractive. The food was excellent and our service was great. Definitively would be back.
- Can't wait to returnDkfcDined on 5/28/2014Each vacation to Vegas will now include dinner at The Barrymore. I. Can't express how much we loved our entire dining experience from a social hour discount adult beverage (before 6pm) on the patio to dinner and then a return to the bar to listen to the entertainment a little longerSpecial Features:
- Fabulous mealTraylblazerDined on 5/27/2014This restaurant has incredible atmosphere but don't be fooled, the food and service are just as great. I went there looking for something unique and it delivered in every aspect. Will definitely go back when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected bettervalarieDined on 5/24/2014I chose this place for my husband's 40th birthday dinner, based on an excellent TripAdvisor rating. Unfortunately, we were not impressed with the food. The ambience was beautiful, cocktails made well. Hubby and I ordered filets. Mine was ok, his steak was awful! Full of fat! Since when does a filet mignon have fat on it? We sent it back to have another cooked. What was brought to our table next looked like the chef had merely attempted to cut the fat off, mangling the cut of meat.Terrible customer service for the price. We were in a hurry to get to a show on the Strip, and unable to stay. My husband ate most of my meal, and the basket of bread, to fill up. I felt bad for choosing this place, and wish I had taken my birthday guy elsewhere.
- A favorite downtownEvanVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great little hidden gem that tourists don't know about. Beautiful art deco blast from the past. You feel like you're stepping into a bygone era, a Vegas that once was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food and drinksLindseyDined on 5/23/2014Absolutely charming restaurant and bar! Our drinks were delicious and the salad and entrees were fantastic. The wait staff were very helpful. This was really a treat!!Special Features:
- Old School VibeljfoodieDined on 5/23/2014Atmosphere is perfect for the old school vibe, especially when you add in the crooner singing at a volume just right to not overwhelm. Service from Israel was prompt, fun and informed. Food was equally as good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option just off the stripTexasJackDined on 5/23/2014Good food and wine, and nice atmosphere. Service was outstanding, and everyone from valet to general manager contributed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.