The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
99 Convention Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barrymorelv.com/
- Phone: 7024075303x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Meidenbauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For Catering Options/Menus, please contact:
- Special Events: To book special events, please contact:
A word from The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
Fine Dining and Love Affairs. A contemporary twist to retro Las Vegas, The Barrymore serves up American Classic cuisine that is both approachable and unpretentious. Dig on dishes paired with local craft beers, handcrafted cocktails and a selection of one-of-a-kind wines from across the globe, all under $50Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Strip ›
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (52)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (27)good for groups (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014Went there for our wedding anniversary. Everything was great and made our special day so enjoyable. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We want more of the Barrymore!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2014Hidden inside the not so flashy Royal Resort which is just off the Strip. Great food, service and atmosphere. Perfect choice for a special occassion. Old style Vegas feeling to this place...really cool!Special Features:
- Somewhere New for a BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The Barrymore came recommended by other locals for my boyfriends 31st, and it had great reviews online. The best part was definitely the food. I had the Seabass with a side of mashed potatoes, and it was great. Other meals ordered: 2 NY Strips, a Fliet, and a Ribeye. We also ordered the Octopus app, great, and the Lobster Mac, disappointing. All seemed to enjoy though. I was a little disappointed in a few things. 1. It was REALLY hot in the backroom, to the point where I (who am always cold, everywhere) was sweating and our ice would melt immediately in our water. 2. Our waiter came recommended and he must have been very busy because we barely saw him. We had to ask a manager to get our check. 3. Your definitely paying for atmosphere.Special Features:
- An after theater delightwaxie1899VIPDined on 10/11/2014Once again my lady and myself went to dinner after a theater matinee. Once again we had an outstanding experience. The Barrymore changed its menu to a fall menu. Were we pleased! A foie gras appetizer was excellent and reignited my lady's test for foie gras. The chef was kind enough to turn an appetizer of steak tartare into an entrée. My lady's filet mignon was made to perfection and the taste was par excellence. The service was attentive, friendly and educational (see below). Dessert was perfectly sized. Once again, a culinary delight.Special Features:
- FantasticEatoutoftenVIPDined on 10/7/2014Best all around restaurant I've eaten in years and I dine out an average of 2/week. Friendly, happy, accommodating and fun. Thoroughly enjoyed. Celebrated a wedding anniversary and staff made us feel like we've known them for years. Food/menu outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowFoodieDined on 10/6/2014Truly an exquisite dining experience. Food was superb service was even better. Requests done to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING hidden gem!BadgerMDDined on 10/4/2014AMAZING hidden gem in Vegas. Don't let the location deter you. This might have just become my favorite restaurant in Vegas, and I've eaten at many of the best restaurants there. Food, service and atmosphere were outstanding! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great night!VegasDined on 10/3/2014We had a great night and the food was yummy...lots of it. Order cautiously since everyhting is "a la cart". We definately ordered too much. The spare ribs were just as good as my Moms...sorry Mom:) and the table loved the grilled octopus. Lots of history and loved the decor and live entertainment.Special Features:
- great old school vegaszenforgeDined on 10/3/2014We read reviews and it sounded great. The outside of the Royal wasn't nearly as luxurious as our hotel, but once inside the barrymore, it was clear this was a classy place. After several cocktails (yum!), wine, appetizers (tartar was divine), and main meals, and desert, all those great reviews were confirmed. And prices were better than the strip. The new york steak was FANTASTIC, too. Our only negative was that the Caesar salad could have had more flavor to it. But overall, a fantastic dinner, especially after being disheartened with other local establishments. A diamond in the rough!Special Features:
- GlynnDined on 9/24/2014Amazing Food and Service The Restaurant is cozy and well decoratedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!Hubcapgirl74Dined on 9/14/2014The service was excellent as was the food. The lump crab appetizer was fresh and perfectly seasoned. Our steaks were cooked as ordered and the lobster creamed corn was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Kendra, our server, was knowledgable and friendly and I received a birthday dessert on the house. When we asked the hostess the best way to get a cab she immediately made a call and a car was there within a matter of minutes. The ambience and decor were just what I'd hoped for - old school Vegas. I will definitely recommend this place. Don't be put off by the exterior of the hotel. The dining rooms are small so I world make a reservation, especially on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarrymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The entire staff was very friendly from the valet to the hostess, bartender and survivor staff. Artichoke and shrimp cocktail were excellent. My filet was very good. Wife's Sea Bass was just ok. Overall we had a great tone. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic VegasRTKODined on 9/12/2014The ambiance was sophisticated and indicative of old time Las Vegas. Patrons were dressed respectably. The setting was intimate. The service was excellent. The food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!pbpkDined on 9/11/2014I absolutely loved this restaurant. I was a little hesitant, so I checked with the concierge in the hotel. They said definitely try this hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!DipsDined on 8/29/2014The food and service were great! All the entrees from appetizers, steak, desert were delicious!Special Features:
- surprise surprise surpriseMarkyVIPDined on 8/26/2014We almost didn't go in. A weird old hotel, but I had a coupon to try it out. Once you enter the hotel It's a bit eclectic, but the restaurant was phenomenal. The staff was welcoming. A good happy hour vibe was seen on the patio. A singer, a bit out of tune, was giving her all. We were led to a dining area and it was a great look. I was very pleased, Phenomal staff. I can truly say I'm a snob. I like quality food and ambience. They had both. We ordered an artichoke appetizer that was wonderful. My bone in filet was amazing. Once again, weird location, but great restaurant. Not cheap because it's quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Time VegastsheehyDined on 8/26/2014We loved the ambiance of this restaurant. the plush booths and the mirrored walls, just gave it an old time Vegas feel. Not sure how long this hotel has been open or the restaurant for that matter, but it felt classic. The food was yummy too. Just make sure that you ask the prices on the food specials because my husband ordered the bone-in fillet special and it turned out to be $65..yikes! Had he asked and known, he would have ordered the regular fillet on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find off the stripwatmore22Dined on 8/20/2014Booked this restaurant before our holiday in Vegas and so glad we did. Although it's off the main strip, it's well worth the visit. Old school vegas charm. We were a little disappointed that we weren't able to have a pre-dinner drink on the terrace as this has been booked for a private event, but no matter, we had a lovely cocktail at the bar before being taken through to the gorgeous dining room, where we were seated in a cosy booth. The menu had plenty of yummy choices - we had the octopus salad and lobster mac and cheese to start and steaks for mains - so yummy, along with a great bottle of red. Too full for desserts, but they sounded great too. Service was fantastic - we were made to feel very special. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014This place is a great find. Impressive service from the bartender, the wait staff and management. We were impressed enough we went back the next 2 nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WifeyBerlinDined on 8/17/2014Great Great place...food was outstanding! Definitely try the lobster cream corn and the grilled octopus!Special Features:
- Old School ElegancePasadenaCharlieDined on 8/16/2014My date was craving foie gras, so we searched Yelp to locate a suitable establishment. Valet parking was quick and convenient. We were seated promptly, even though we arrived a little early for our 6:30 pm Saturday reservation. The bar area was well-populated for happy hour. There was a large party seated at a table near ours, and that made it somewhat difficult to have a conversation. It was loud but not obnoxiously so. Our waiter thoroughly explained the specials, and the "recommended" dishes, and we ordered three appetizers (foie gras and sweetbreads, and a cesar salad), chicken, and two side dishes -- actually too much. Everything was well-prepared and all waiting staff were attentive to our requests.
- Wonderful experienceBrotherBluffDined on 8/7/2014Highly recommend The Barrymore. The positive reviews of this place are well-deserved. If you don't mind going off strip for dinner, you won't be disappointed. The service is attentive, thoughtful, and sincere. The 28 day dry-aged steaks are outstanding. If you decide to make it extra special, don't hesitate to agree to the Oscar upgrade, but be advised that the non-menu item will set you back another $35. It's a quality treatment to an already great steak, but be careful if you are on a budget. Aside from that, I think there is a tremendous amount of value for the money especially when compared to other restaurants on the strip.Special Features:
- Love itBest2dineDined on 8/6/2014Have dined several times at the Barrymore and it is always excellent. Israel is the best waiter ever.Special Features:
- Great off the strip findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Had a wonderful experience. We come to town 2 times a year for a trade show and prefer to stay off the strip as often as possible. This was perfect! Food was great, the service equally wonderful. We will be returning!!!!!Special Features:
- L8DinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014A must try is the melt in your mouth short rib. YUM!
- Very expensivekazkinsDined on 7/19/2014This was our second visit to the Barrymore. We loved the food again but found it very expensive this time. A three course meal for four people and one bottle of wine and maybe 4 beers and the bill was $200 per person. A tad on the high side I would say!!Special Features:
- Ambience Who?WannabetDined on 7/11/2014My steak was very tender & delicious! My girlfriends duck was tasty but the skin was not crispy as it should of been. However, my biggest compliant is the ambience. What ambience? We were in a very small room with no character, looking out of the window onto the hotel property. We saw all these beautiful pictures of the dining room online. Later, we found there was another dining room. Upon looking at it, we would of loved to be dining in that room. It seemed that everyone was being put in our room. Now that we know about the "other" room, we would request to be put there! The meal was for the most part very good but the atmosphere was a letdown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish venue and great foodJasmineDined on 7/6/2014We went here after reading some good reviews online. The decor was stylish and the layout meant we could have a conversation and actually be able to hear each other. The service was outstanding, with our server making sure to cater to the two members of our party with food allergies. There was a large wine selection and the food was delicious. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for somewhere a bit quieter and away from some of the hustle and bustle of the strip.Special Features:
- The best meal in Vegas by farOnemanstreasureVIPDined on 7/5/2014The Barrymore might be a little ways from the action in Vegas, but the restaurant's decor and food are worth the visit. It was by far the best dinner we had in Vegas during our stay! Even the pretzel bread was delisssshhh!! Must have the Chilean sea bass, if you go! And the malted chocolate dessert was worth the calories!Special Features:
- Don't let the location Fool YouLVFoodSnobVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is a great place. I was a little reluctant because it was in an off-strip, older hotel. But the service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. The tuna tartar was a little salty for my taste, but the Halibut with morels with done flawlessly, and the seared asparagus tasted as though it had just been picked for the garden. The service was very friendly, and efficient. The waiter recommended a great wine, and was very engaging despite the restaurant being busy. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Amazinghennas2dineDined on 7/2/2014This is my 2nd time dining at the Barrymore. Wonderful experience both times, food is delicious and is beautifully presented, great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014We had a wonderful Anniversary dinner at The Barrymore. Second time there, second outstanding dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Staff Stars HereMcMonikerDined on 6/26/2014Just to be clear, the Barrymore is a very nice restaurant - as others have noted, it's a bit hidden as it's closer to the convention center and the building doesn't try to compete with the resort-like casino hotels. The food is solid. It's nicely seasoned and well prepared - perfect for a place that is about letting a person relax. Combine that with a professional and friendly staff, and you have a great place for a pleasant evening meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 580 reviews are from the The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas reviews archive.
- something was lackingjenny282VIPDined on 6/24/2014I've been here over 30 times... and I it was my birthday... the waiter didn't really acknowledge that it was mybirthday...cool.Special Features:
- PleasantAnnaDined on 6/24/2014Bonne expérience : accueil plutôt sympa, surtout le barman. Restaurant pour les gourmets, le service est vraiment en adéquation avec le standing. La nourriture est délicieuse. Mon seul reproche est que c'est peut être un peu tristounet, la lumière est vraiment trop faible et c'est calme, trop à mon goût. La note est je trouve aussi un peu trop élévée mais comme tout à Las Vegas je sais bien !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014This restaurant is the epitome of retro glam. Not a poor experience, but none of us had our minds blown either. This is only due to the prices being a bit steep for what you get and food took forever. Now for the food. Heirloom Tomato Salad -The tomatoes were perfect and the burrata was delicious and creamy. Chilean Sea Bass - the fish was cooked and seasoned to perfection, and the sauce was wonderful, but for almost $40, the portion was extremely small. The grilled asparagus was a bit mushy and unappetizing. Filet - my boyfriend was not happy with this at all! While the seasoning was okay, steak was overcooked. Oscar topping bland and not enough crab, and cost almost as much as the steak. No dessert, as we had a show to get to.Special Features:
- great food and ambiencespeedyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Since I came back from the dinner, I have been recommending friends to go there when they are in Vegas. The place just take you away from all the hard partying and gambling and gives you a peace of mind with relaxing environment. The food is just outstanding. I got the duck and my husband got kobe beef. Both are just outstanding. The waiter was OK. He was not being honest on recommending entree but to push for more expensive dishes.Special Features:
- A True Gemaeok413Dined on 6/21/2014We were very pleased with our experience at The Barrymore. It offered a vintage Hollywood type decor/ambience, and it was the perfect spot for a special meal with my husband. Kendra was an excellent, attentive, and very friendly server. We were also approached by the manager, and he seemed very invested in making sure that a guest's experience was top-notch. Everything about our meal was delicious, and our cocktails were divine. We would tell anyone that this is a must-stop in Vegas!Special Features:
- SolidBiewelDined on 6/19/20142nd time eating there. Great service, overall very good food, typical Vegas pricing (not stupid but expensive). They always seem to have one dish they don't get right. Last time it was the sweet breads this time the Brussle Sprouts - way under cooked, border line raw. Send it back - 2nd serving came exactly the same way. Very attentive and friendly service.Special Features:
- Nice find near Convention CenterWGINPCDined on 6/17/2014The food was good and so was the service. It's a short walk from the Las Vegas Convention center which was convenient. The lounge act was quality as well.Special Features: