The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
99 Convention Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barrymorelv.com/
- Phone: (702) 407-5303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Meidenbauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For Catering Options/Menus, please contact:
- Special Events: To book special events, please contact:
A word from The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
Fine Dining and Love Affairs. A contemporary twist to retro Las Vegas, The Barrymore serves up American Classic cuisine that is both approachable and unpretentious. Dig on dishes paired with local craft beers, handcrafted cocktails and a selection of one-of-a-kind wines from across the globe, all under $50Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Strip ›
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (60)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (31)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I had never heard of the Barrymore and visit Vegas every year. I consider myself a foodie and The Barrymore exceeded my expectations in every way. The ambiance was the perfect blend of retro with a touch of contemporary. There as a female performer doing cover tunes of Bob Marley and other great bands which helped created such an upbeat and pleasant vibe. The appetizers were all extremely creative yet well priced. I had the seafood sampler which was to die for and so well presented. I actually hugged the chef after...I was so impressed. I would return to the Barrymore in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014My husband and I went to the Barrymore to celebrate our anniversary, and it was a wonderful evening. We had apps and a bottle if wine on the patio, then moved into the dinning room for our dinner. The food was delicious. The wine list was extensive. Our waitress, Emily, was sweet and attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World VegasMichaelDined on 11/14/2014I am old enough to remember when Las Vegas was a special place where you were treated like royalty! Nothing against the mega-buffets that are there now, but that is not what I would call a complete dining experience. The Barrymore provides that experience. The food is excellent and the staff always helps make the evening more than just a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceKrissyDined on 11/11/2014OMG you have to order the Lobster Mac & Cheese!!!! Great wine list!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagJDBinSFDined on 11/8/2014The service (Emily) was very friendly and personable, though pretty erratic -- long wait for drinks despite not very customers, 1 out of 4 dishes had to be reminded, etc. The real complaint was the music -- ambient music turned on all of a sudden REALLY LOUD, then turned down, then replaced with a live chanteuse who was also way too loud. Very distracting. Food was OK but not as good as I had remembered.Special Features:
- Great spot.EroctblDined on 11/8/2014We went there for a special occasion with some great friends. The food was great, and was not as pricey as I thought it was. I would highly recommend this for romantic occasion, or just wanting to have a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014I chose this restaurant from reading the reviews. My 3 dinner companions all gave me 2 thumbs up for my excellent choice. The food was great, the vibe was hip and fun, but still intimate. It is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service needs workBrassmanDined on 11/6/2014Terrific ambience makes for a great spot for any occasion. Food is also excellent - warm pretzel bread, shrimp pasta, braised short rib were standouts. Service however is spotty. While attentive one minute, the next they disappear. For the last half of our meal not a soul came to check on us or refill water. Restaurant was not overly crowded. Still a good dining experience. Four stars.Special Features:
- A nice night out seconds from stripOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014We decided to check out The Barrymore when passing by it to go to a trade show at the convention center. What a gem! So quaint and I'm sure entirely under appreciated so close to the big name celebrity restaurants on the strip. The food was phenomenal and the wine superb. The only reason I did not give this review 5 stars in all categories is because I got the impression we were not as important as other customers clearly entertaining clients on the company credit card - so not spending enough to register on the wait staff radar. It's just an impression I got when the first question I was asked was whether I wanted to purchase bottled water. Maybe it was their measure of how much money I would be spending. Tap water is fine!Special Features:
- A Gem Off the StripcanadiansistersDined on 10/31/2014The Barrymore seemed like a Vegas boutique hotel just a short cab ride away from our hotel on the strip. The food was excellent and offered a nice balance of selections for traditional and experimental eaters. And our one sister had many choices for gluten free eating. Those who had steaks said they were among the best. Same for the fish. Sides were shared and provided a fantastic array of dining pleasures. It was the service, though, that made the evening. I felt like I was on a 5 star cruise ship. Or maybe it was the half priced wine at happy hour that enhanced the evening! Lovely experience all around. Thanks. Sorry if we were too rowdy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrotherBluffDined on 10/31/2014Outstanding and attentive service; my second trip to The Barrymore did not disappoint. The menu had changed over for the season, so there were some new items on the list this time including a braised lamb shank with Moroccan spices. The restaurant seemed pretty quiet for a Friday PM but we were there somewhat early. I appreciated that we didn't feel rushed this evening. With this restaurant being off-strip in an unremarkable and unlively resort, The Barrymore is definitely a diamond in the rough.Special Features:
- Great FindGrahamDined on 10/26/2014We read raving reviews about Barrymore and although we hadn't heard about it before we rolled the dice and made the reservation. It was GREAT! The atmosphere old Vegas and the food was outstanding. The presentation for the lobster bisque was so creative, the bisque itself so rich and creamy. The steak perfectly cooked and the sea bass beautifully presented and so, so good. We will be back. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Nothing OutstandingColoradoSkierDined on 10/25/2014Food and service was very good. I had the filet and my wife had the sea bass. Both were presented nicely and tasted good. We split the Mac and cheese with lobster as an appetizer, which was good. If you are looking to go off the strip and seek quiet and romantic ambiance then this is a good choice. The following night we ate at LakeSide in the Wynn and that was far more enjoyable for nearly the same cost.Special Features:
- good service but....LumberjackDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter was great however my steak was over done and had to send it back.By the time I got the steak back my wife had finished eating and everything else was cold.It was treated very matter factly .To bad every thing else was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedChrisMDined on 10/24/2014I had people recommand this resturant to me because we a fans of the old Vegas experience. The resturant did not live up to its website. The food and drinks are not inexpensive, so you expect 5 star sevice & quality when you are charged 5 star rates. Our waiter was friendly, BUT he become very rude when we did not order as much food or drinks has he wanted us to. When I made the reservation I stated we were celebrating my wife's birthday, I would have thought the level of customer service would have been greater at a fine dining restaurant. The food was not bad but not great for the price you are charged. The singer in the bar was horrible and they pumped his singing into the restaurant. Should have gone to CUT or Delmonico's.Special Features:
- JeffreyTDined on 10/20/2014Went there for our wedding anniversary. Everything was great and made our special day so enjoyable. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We want more of the Barrymore!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2014Hidden inside the not so flashy Royal Resort which is just off the Strip. Great food, service and atmosphere. Perfect choice for a special occassion. Old style Vegas feeling to this place...really cool!Special Features:
- Somewhere New for a BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The Barrymore came recommended by other locals for my boyfriends 31st, and it had great reviews online. The best part was definitely the food. I had the Seabass with a side of mashed potatoes, and it was great. Other meals ordered: 2 NY Strips, a Fliet, and a Ribeye. We also ordered the Octopus app, great, and the Lobster Mac, disappointing. All seemed to enjoy though. I was a little disappointed in a few things. 1. It was REALLY hot in the backroom, to the point where I (who am always cold, everywhere) was sweating and our ice would melt immediately in our water. 2. Our waiter came recommended and he must have been very busy because we barely saw him. We had to ask a manager to get our check. 3. Your definitely paying for atmosphere.Special Features:
- An after theater delightwaxie1899VIPDined on 10/11/2014Once again my lady and myself went to dinner after a theater matinee. Once again we had an outstanding experience. The Barrymore changed its menu to a fall menu. Were we pleased! A foie gras appetizer was excellent and reignited my lady's test for foie gras. The chef was kind enough to turn an appetizer of steak tartare into an entrée. My lady's filet mignon was made to perfection and the taste was par excellence. The service was attentive, friendly and educational (see below). Dessert was perfectly sized. Once again, a culinary delight.Special Features:
- FantasticEatoutoftenVIPDined on 10/7/2014Best all around restaurant I've eaten in years and I dine out an average of 2/week. Friendly, happy, accommodating and fun. Thoroughly enjoyed. Celebrated a wedding anniversary and staff made us feel like we've known them for years. Food/menu outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowFoodieDined on 10/6/2014Truly an exquisite dining experience. Food was superb service was even better. Requests done to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING hidden gem!BadgerMDDined on 10/4/2014AMAZING hidden gem in Vegas. Don't let the location deter you. This might have just become my favorite restaurant in Vegas, and I've eaten at many of the best restaurants there. Food, service and atmosphere were outstanding! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great night!VegasDined on 10/3/2014We had a great night and the food was yummy...lots of it. Order cautiously since everyhting is "a la cart". We definately ordered too much. The spare ribs were just as good as my Moms...sorry Mom:) and the table loved the grilled octopus. Lots of history and loved the decor and live entertainment.Special Features:
- great old school vegaszenforgeDined on 10/3/2014We read reviews and it sounded great. The outside of the Royal wasn't nearly as luxurious as our hotel, but once inside the barrymore, it was clear this was a classy place. After several cocktails (yum!), wine, appetizers (tartar was divine), and main meals, and desert, all those great reviews were confirmed. And prices were better than the strip. The new york steak was FANTASTIC, too. Our only negative was that the Caesar salad could have had more flavor to it. But overall, a fantastic dinner, especially after being disheartened with other local establishments. A diamond in the rough!Special Features:
- GlynnDined on 9/24/2014Amazing Food and Service The Restaurant is cozy and well decoratedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!Hubcapgirl74Dined on 9/14/2014The service was excellent as was the food. The lump crab appetizer was fresh and perfectly seasoned. Our steaks were cooked as ordered and the lobster creamed corn was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Kendra, our server, was knowledgable and friendly and I received a birthday dessert on the house. When we asked the hostess the best way to get a cab she immediately made a call and a car was there within a matter of minutes. The ambience and decor were just what I'd hoped for - old school Vegas. I will definitely recommend this place. Don't be put off by the exterior of the hotel. The dining rooms are small so I world make a reservation, especially on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarrymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The entire staff was very friendly from the valet to the hostess, bartender and survivor staff. Artichoke and shrimp cocktail were excellent. My filet was very good. Wife's Sea Bass was just ok. Overall we had a great tone. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic VegasRTKODined on 9/12/2014The ambiance was sophisticated and indicative of old time Las Vegas. Patrons were dressed respectably. The setting was intimate. The service was excellent. The food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!pbpkDined on 9/11/2014I absolutely loved this restaurant. I was a little hesitant, so I checked with the concierge in the hotel. They said definitely try this hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!DipsDined on 8/29/2014The food and service were great! All the entrees from appetizers, steak, desert were delicious!Special Features:
- surprise surprise surpriseMarkyVIPDined on 8/26/2014We almost didn't go in. A weird old hotel, but I had a coupon to try it out. Once you enter the hotel It's a bit eclectic, but the restaurant was phenomenal. The staff was welcoming. A good happy hour vibe was seen on the patio. A singer, a bit out of tune, was giving her all. We were led to a dining area and it was a great look. I was very pleased, Phenomal staff. I can truly say I'm a snob. I like quality food and ambience. They had both. We ordered an artichoke appetizer that was wonderful. My bone in filet was amazing. Once again, weird location, but great restaurant. Not cheap because it's quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Time VegastsheehyDined on 8/26/2014We loved the ambiance of this restaurant. the plush booths and the mirrored walls, just gave it an old time Vegas feel. Not sure how long this hotel has been open or the restaurant for that matter, but it felt classic. The food was yummy too. Just make sure that you ask the prices on the food specials because my husband ordered the bone-in fillet special and it turned out to be $65..yikes! Had he asked and known, he would have ordered the regular fillet on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find off the stripwatmore22Dined on 8/20/2014Booked this restaurant before our holiday in Vegas and so glad we did. Although it's off the main strip, it's well worth the visit. Old school vegas charm. We were a little disappointed that we weren't able to have a pre-dinner drink on the terrace as this has been booked for a private event, but no matter, we had a lovely cocktail at the bar before being taken through to the gorgeous dining room, where we were seated in a cosy booth. The menu had plenty of yummy choices - we had the octopus salad and lobster mac and cheese to start and steaks for mains - so yummy, along with a great bottle of red. Too full for desserts, but they sounded great too. Service was fantastic - we were made to feel very special. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014This place is a great find. Impressive service from the bartender, the wait staff and management. We were impressed enough we went back the next 2 nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WifeyBerlinDined on 8/17/2014Great Great place...food was outstanding! Definitely try the lobster cream corn and the grilled octopus!Special Features:
- Old School ElegancePasadenaCharlieDined on 8/16/2014My date was craving foie gras, so we searched Yelp to locate a suitable establishment. Valet parking was quick and convenient. We were seated promptly, even though we arrived a little early for our 6:30 pm Saturday reservation. The bar area was well-populated for happy hour. There was a large party seated at a table near ours, and that made it somewhat difficult to have a conversation. It was loud but not obnoxiously so. Our waiter thoroughly explained the specials, and the "recommended" dishes, and we ordered three appetizers (foie gras and sweetbreads, and a cesar salad), chicken, and two side dishes -- actually too much. Everything was well-prepared and all waiting staff were attentive to our requests.
- Wonderful experienceBrotherBluffDined on 8/7/2014Highly recommend The Barrymore. The positive reviews of this place are well-deserved. If you don't mind going off strip for dinner, you won't be disappointed. The service is attentive, thoughtful, and sincere. The 28 day dry-aged steaks are outstanding. If you decide to make it extra special, don't hesitate to agree to the Oscar upgrade, but be advised that the non-menu item will set you back another $35. It's a quality treatment to an already great steak, but be careful if you are on a budget. Aside from that, I think there is a tremendous amount of value for the money especially when compared to other restaurants on the strip.Special Features:
- Love itBest2dineDined on 8/6/2014Have dined several times at the Barrymore and it is always excellent. Israel is the best waiter ever.Special Features:
- Great off the strip findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Had a wonderful experience. We come to town 2 times a year for a trade show and prefer to stay off the strip as often as possible. This was perfect! Food was great, the service equally wonderful. We will be returning!!!!!Special Features:
- The following 590 reviews are from the The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas reviews archive.
- L8DinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014A must try is the melt in your mouth short rib. YUM!