4308 N Western Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73118Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barrelokc.com/
- Phone: 4055256682x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 3:00pm to 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday 10:00am to 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Barrel
The Barrel offers a wide variety of pub-fusion cuisine and an extensive selection of craft beers, wines & spirits. Our warm and welcoming atmosphere is sure to please on any occasion, whether it be for an intimate date night, well-deserved after work cocktails, relaxing weekend brunch or a group special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Barrel - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
The Barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)great for brunch (19)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- vtdaveDined on 10/13/2014A great place. Excellent beer list. Very comfortable setting. Fun menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Short or service1cowgirlDined on 10/12/2014Definitely were very short handed. But servers tried to carry the load. However we had to ask for drink orders , coffee , where's our food ? Disappointing device but good good.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We went here for a date night and because of the extensive beer list. They didn't have any of the beers we asked for, the food menu was very small, and we were highly disappointed. I will say the service was great but no one was there to compete with at that time. I won't be going back.
- Outrageously good burgers!!!SinaDined on 9/20/2014I took my family but we went during the early afternoon. I could see where it wouldn't be kid friendly in the evenings as it had a bar feel. The food was fabulous but our waitress only stopped by a few times. Luckily there was a guy that came by and kept our glasses refilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicecejaysDined on 9/19/2014First time at The Barrel. The atmosphere was English Pub. Bar is great. Decor is fabulous. Our waiter Ryan was fantastic. The food was outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy new restaurantPrimadinerDined on 9/12/2014Heard about this restaurant through groupon and tried it with my husband. The food is amazing and the beer selection is huge! Luckily our waiter was able to give us suggestions. Definatly a young adult hot spot and worth making a reservation for! A bit pricey but soooo worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good with anValerieDined on 9/7/2014interesting twist on Sheppard's Pie. The Barrel 3-Cheese Melt was definitely the table's favorite.Special Features:
- Great!DavkenDined on 9/6/2014We had an awesome time & the food was wonderful! We will definitely be back- can't wait to try the brunch menu as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the BrunchSundayBrunchGroupDined on 8/24/2014Great brunch at The Barrel! Party of 6 for brunch, plenty of room, wonderful service, the food was great and very affordable! Huge upgrade from the location's previous venue. We would definitely recommend The Barrel, and already have to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningMomOfBoysDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated a bday with 8 of us women. We had a great experience with the manager and wait staff at The Barrel. They were accommodating, polite, fun, and flexible. They even brought the birthday girl a sundae in honor of her birthday! I had originally requested outdoor seating, but the day of our reservation, it was 100 degrees outside. They not only had a table ready for us outside, but also inside in case we changed our minds..Our waiter was friendly & offered good suggestions from the drink & food menus. He didn't seem as attentive as I think most waiters should be. Overall, I would come to this place again whether it would be with a friend, a date, or out with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014A very loud environment - better for drinks than for having a dinner conversation.Special Features:
- Expected MoreroseDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant was loud, and the food was ordinary. My husband ordered carrots and parsnips because he loves parsnips. They brought only carrots, and did not tell him prior to bringing the food that they were out of parsnips. They also do not carry horseradish for corned beef. I will say the waiter tried to get some across the street. We lost a nice neighborhood restaurant (Cafe Nova) for a loud pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good brunchfaison8Dined on 7/26/2014the omelet was awesome with the herb roasted potatoes and spicy . The filet my cousin had was tender also. We had the strawberry sunrises and pint mimosas. Will have to try dinner time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful servicejdubVIPDined on 7/18/2014Service was terrible didn't get waited on for first 10 min we were seated we would have got up and left if I didn't have a gift certificate. when waiter finally came we only saw him twice after that. Food wasn't good either needless to say I won't ever be back.
- Common complaintssoonergirlDined on 7/12/2014There are some common themes in reviews of The Barrel, and I hope that the management will see and address them. We encountered the same issues others have - the price point was fine, the food was fine to good, the cocktails were fine, but the service was poor and some items were blatantly different than they were described on the menu. When we were able to find our server we had to ask multiple times for several things and he seemed distracted most of the time. The mystery of his disappearances was solved when we left and walked around the corner of the building to see our server and several others sitting on the patio talking and smoking. With so many other excellent options in the area I wouldn't choose to go back to The Barrel.
- WhitDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed it. We were wanting to try something new so we did. The food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MillieDined on 7/10/2014Great place for a group outing,shepherd's pie was too spicy an French fries were heavily spiced with pepper. Excellent service, a large selection of beers. not so keen on food.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the The Barrel reviews archive.
- Glad we visited!kevinbuck9Dined on 6/21/2014We chose to visit The Barrel because it was a new place in OKC that none of our group had been to before. We arrived for an early dinner, so there wasn't many people there yet. We received great service, and the food was very tasty!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!AlmondsoylatteDined on 6/20/2014Great food, service and beer! Dinner with friends was a success!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service ruins experienceserviceisimportantDined on 6/15/2014Although our wait person was very cheerful and apologetic and our food was very good, our service was so poor that we are not considering returning to The Barrel. Our drink order sat at the bar for the greater part of our meal and by the time they finally decided to deliver our drinks to us we were finished eating and ready to go. Our wait person seemed extremely busy the entire time we were there, however, there was plenty of wait staff just standing around and not assisting her at all, making our experience that much more annoying.
- It is not even a good pub.CuisineCriticDined on 6/14/2014Food was fair. I had to pull a lot of fat off pork belly sandwich. My wife was presented with tuna and a glob of mashed potatoes. She had to ask for gravy and bread. Actually, they have no bread. Just corn muffins. This place has never heard of the word "presentation." Skip it unless you are only drinking.Special Features:
- gastropub?KaraRoseDined on 6/13/2014My boyfriend and I were very curious about this new "gastropub" that had replaced Nova. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised at the decor. It was really neat. Because it was named "The Barrel", I thought our server might introduce us to some different kinds of whiskey. I also thought that because it was a "gastropub" that there would be an endless array of tap and bottled beers. Neither was the case. We ordered "barrel chips" which were delicious. The menu indicated an avacado dip, but we didn't receive an avacado dip. The two other dips provided were great. Both of us ordered salads. They would have been great salads for someone who was on a diet restriction. There was little substance to the actual salad and no dressingSpecial Features:
- Good food, good timesImaEatuDined on 6/13/2014The hardest part was trying to decide which of the delicious dishes I would try first, there were so many to choose from. Dining with friends at least allowed taste testing a few others. Our waitress was funny and attentive. The drinks were good, great beer selection. However it is price, but you get what you pay for. I can't wait to go again, it's just going to be awhile before I have a good excuse for the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with friendsvictorDined on 6/1/2014The restaurant was not very busy, however the service was a bit slow.....food was hot, cooked as I order it, and flavorful. I would definitely like to try dinner next time. specialty mimosa was not that 'special', I think I'll stick to beer, wine or other cocktail next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Went to The Barrel for a Bachelorette Party kick off with a party of 16. We received great service. Food was great. Will go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was good but not foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Food was really underwhelming. It all looked like it was frozen not fresh. Fries weren't cooled all the way. Husband's fish and chips weren't good either.
- kdsthebestDined on 5/24/2014We had a great time at The Barrell. We met friends there and we all enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still in its early stages, but...CmjonesDined on 5/11/2014Food was okay but lacking a bit in flavor. Portion size was an EMBARASSMENT, especially for the $$$$. Overall a prior value. But I assume the bar/nightlife scene will make up the difference early on.Special Features:
- Delicious brunchDiningDivaDined on 5/11/2014It was my first time and brunch was delicious. The atmosphere was cool and staff were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for drinksaurora3bDined on 5/10/2014Our experience at Barrel was amazing! As a party of two, we attended during brunch on a Sunday afternoon to scope out the venue for an upcoming event. The service, management, food and ambiance were great. We scheduled our event for 20 people on a Saturday evening, and it was great. Everyone was impressed with the drinks and ambiance! Their signature drink menu was not yet complete, as it is a new venue. However, there is a separate menu for beer and spirits; both are quite extensive. I ordered the seared ahi entree and it was fabulous! I can not wait for my next visit!Special Features:
- Welcome Barrel to Western!CariDined on 5/10/2014Love the newly renovated Barrel restaurant. Great location to grab a bite to eat before the Energy Soccer game just down the road. Lots of good beer choices and my party of 6 all seemed to be happy with the food from the hamburger, fries, patty melt, and fish and chips! Also had the homemade chips as an appetizer and they were tasty as well. It has a very cool interior - love the décor. Yes, I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantDWestVIPDined on 5/9/2014My wife and I both enjoyed our first trip to The Barrel. The food was great and reasonably priced. My wife had the fish and chips which were superb and I had the blackened fish po' boy which was fantastic. The french fries that came as the sides were crisp and tasty. Will definitely return..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedArchetypicalVIPDined on 5/7/2014Loved this new place. No Bud Lite, thank you! No fusion music, thank you!! Yummo, flavorful, large portions on an interesting and eclectic menu. We had a PB(pork belly)LT and a Turkey Wrap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueSueDined on 5/3/2014Food was just - ok. Had the Pub Salad which was really good, but the fish and chips were not very tasty. Fries very spicy and horseradish in the ketcup. Hard to go back with so many new restaurants around.
- FIrst time therewinnerVIPDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I experienced our first visit to The Barrel on Saturday April 26th, 2014. We had a wonderful experience. The wait staff was excellent and the food was great. We will be back again and recommend the Barrel to our friends. Great addition to the choices on Western in OKC.Special Features:
- Food was greatMonkDined on 4/25/2014The food at The Barrel was great. I especially loved the French fries and the reasonable prices on drinks. Environment was great.Special Features:
- Great experienceBubwink11Dined on 4/21/2014Overall the menu was one of the best I've seen in a long time. It was very difficult to choose 1 item. You can tell a lot of time, effort, and care was put into the preparation of the menu. The quality of the food was also top notch. I will be a frequent visitor of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.