The Bank Restaurant
121 W Front St
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bank Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebankwheaton.com/
- Phone: 6306652265
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar Open: Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chef Patrick Cassata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: No
- Entertainment: Go to www.thebankwheaton.com/events for our live music schedule.
- Special Events: Go to www.thebankwheaton.com/events
A word from The Bank Restaurant
Spending an evening at The Bank is like having an unforgettable dinner party at your best friend’s house. Delectable food, great wine, pleasant conversation, sparkling laughter and the soft clink of silver, china & glass. Home away from home – relaxed, friendly, but with the bonus of smart, attentive staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bank Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (22)good for groups (18)great for lunch (18)romantic (17)fit for foodies (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- One of my favorites!hungryDined on 8/30/2014We found this gem a couple of weeks ago. Food is the best I've had in a long time. All food is locally sourced so the flavors are at their peak. We plan to be back very soon!Special Features:
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic restaurant with great ambience. Food is always fresh and tasty. Our waiter was helpful and added to our experience.Special Features:
- Great meal, service, and ambiance!Jmc67Dined on 8/15/2014Food was terrific - service was terrific - and ambiance can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDiningdivaVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have dined here before and had hoped to sit outside. We were seated near the patio, which was fine. The only problem is the outside music for the town of Wheaton is so loud that it is hard to converse! We asked our waitress about it but she said the town had control over it and they couldn't do anything. Otherwise a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Good, ReliableDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014A great place to go when you're just looking for a good all-American meal. Lovely atmosphere, good, friendly service. We're never disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The Banks Restaurant is a very good restaurant for a business or date lunch. The half sandwich and half salad is just the perfect amount of food you need. I highly recommend the Steak Salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!JimboDined on 8/3/2014We were joining some friends for lunch on Sunday. Not being familiar with the Wheaton area, I turned to Open Table. It was a great dining experience. The staff were very attentive, the meal was great and we did not feel rushed to finish. Great ambiance. We will be back.Special Features:
- Will definately returnsireatalotDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I took my mother here to celebrate her 94th birthday. Food was great as was our server Matt. We will make it a point to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionjenoadDined on 7/25/2014Had a great dining experience for my daughter's 23rd birthday. Food was very good and unique. We were waited on accordingly but not rushed to go on to our next course or finalize our bill. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Not up to par; May try againAnnieDined on 7/9/2014Service was a bit slow. Served the wrong salad...but it was corrected quickly. My order was not to my liking; but someone else ordered the same and loved it. Appetizer was great; however, we ordered about 7:20 pm and entrees were not served until about 8:10 pm. This was a Wednesday evening and it was not what I would call super busy. I feel sure that the delay was a kitchen issue and not the waitress' fault....so perhaps, we will go once more to make sure. There are so many options in Wheaton for good dining......by the way, my meal was comped without my asking. So this is a mixed review.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 7/3/2014I enjoyed my lunch at the Bank as I had a French Dip Sandwich. The atmosphere is very nice. The service I think could have been a little better. I would return with no hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good healthy eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Traditional steak house favorites alongside healthy inventive choices. Sophisticated quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mom's birthdayjenoadDined on 7/1/2014It was an excellent night of celebrating a birthday!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Happy!!barryVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food great service, we will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average BurrersHOWARDDined on 6/23/2014Party of four had various burgers. Waiter got one of the four burgers totally wrong. Burgers were not hot at all. Average on taste. We sat outdoors and put up with noisy commuter trains every few minutes. Overall not impressed or pleased with this historic restaurant.
- Great place poor serviceTeanDined on 6/18/2014Took a client for drinks and dinner. Liked the look and feel of the location and resturant . Had a cocktail in the lounge, everything was great. Bartendor was quick to serve us. Then sat at a table for dinner. We we basically ignored. Waitress brought drinks and then disappeared. She finally came back and took our order. Thankfully a food runner brought our food because our waitress was no where to be found. At one point we saw her filling salt and pepper shakers. Poor service. Ok food.Special Features:
- DOTANDLARDined on 6/17/2014THE BURGERS ARE VERY GOOD. THE SERVER WAS FRIENDLY WITH A NICE SMILE. WE WILL RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placertgirlDined on 6/17/2014I enjoyed lunch on the terrace. I found the menu to be innovative and healthy and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Father's Day DinnerPepperchickDined on 6/15/2014We had a great experience at The Bank on Father's Day. My son and I had mahi mahi prepared with pineapple rice and a really nice coconut sauce, one of the evening specials, and it was delicious. My husband had a t-bone steak with asparagus and potatoes, and he was very happy. The beer selection is very good: I tried a craft ale I'd never had before, and loved it. Our server was attentive and personable. I love the ambience at The Bank - lots of dark wood, pale walls with a subtle amount of decor, and many photographs of old Wheaton. There's something very pleasant and soothing about it. All told, we had a wonderful meal and a great time.Special Features:
- Good service- food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2014This is more of a burger place with a nice atmosphere, not a steakhouse. The steak (T-Bone) was not very good at all, it was the evening special. Based on that alone I was expecting something much better.
- DisappointingGE2WheatonVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been to "The Bank" a few times before and enjoyed ourselves. This visit changed that. I ordered the Scallop pasta entree - I believe there were 3 scallops in my dish. Everyone's food (7 of us) was subpar. Service was AWFUL. Rude, unattentive, spilled water all over our table - twice - and basically threw a pile of napkins down. Also, we were sitting in the "porch" area - it's not the main dining room and is not the patio. The ceilings are very high and the floor is tile so it is loud, hot, airless, and is apparently where they seat all children. It was SO loud. The patio looked cramped but nicer and the main dining room would have at least been cooler. All in all - disappointing. Not sure we'd bother going back.
- LydiaFair2UDined on 5/27/2014Would highly recommend it. Had the salmon and it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerCommuterDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary at The Bank. It was a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Nice DinnercstillwellDined on 5/23/2014One server was working on a lot of tables when we arrived at 6:15p.m. We noticed that the entrees were coming out too fast so we told the server to wait until we tell him to put it through. I got the fish special which was very good, my husband had the steak which was overdone, however, he didn't want to wait for another one and our son got the fish and chips. The tartar sauce had a "apple pie" taste which he didn't like and neither did I. The bar area as nice and there was live music. It seemed as though we got there at a busy time so next time we will arrive a little later.Special Features:
- Great lunchAcalDined on 5/23/2014Met a colleague for lunch. Great sandwiches and craft beer selection. They had a nice outdoor seating area. My only minor complaint is that there were a lot of trains that came through and they were loud. Everything else was so good that it didn't bother us that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!!pam52VIPDined on 5/21/2014This is not my first time at The Bank Restaurant in Wheaton, IL, but it was my first time there for lunch. We had a late lunch on a weekday, so it was not at all crowded. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful with menu questions. The food was very good and they let us linger to chat. A very nice atmosphere. The outside seating was open in front of the restaurant, also, but we chose to eat inside. I have been here on a Saturday night and even with a reservation, it can get quite hectic and noisy. This was such a pleasant, quiet, change. We were thrilled with out lunch.Special Features:
- mother day brunchsandyDined on 5/11/2014we normally love the menu here, but the mothers day bunch was very disappointing. Nothing special offered in terms of food, and the price was way too high for what was offered. Please just offer your regular menu!!
- Great first time experience!SLPofThreeDined on 5/10/2014We heard of this restaurant via Groupon; 40-minute drive but well worth it. Parking was a little tough, but for a 7pm Saturday (Mother's Day weekend) reservation, that's expected (along with having a downtown location). The server was spectacular; however, she did kind of forgot about us at the end when we waited about 15 mins for her to come back around w/the Rewards Program info (and considering the higher number of open tables around us by that time). But we weren't in a hurry and found that the overall service was really great. Ordered the NY strip, husband had lamb chops (special). Most delicious meats!! Cooked just right, very savory sauce. Dark ale & red headed peach martini were devine!! Will def be heading back as rewards members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May 11 BirthdaywheatonwhitesDined on 5/10/2014The evening started with Kevin Schmitt greeting us at the host table and leading us to the perfect spot on the elegant outdoor dinning area. A beautiful bottle of perfect temperature white white was waiting for us at the table. I had trout on a bed of lemon orzo that was wonderfully prepared and my bride had a steak salad that was eye poppingly presented with rich wonderful flavors. It was a wonderful evening providing by an outstanding and friendly establishment.Special Features:
- Friday Night Loud but Good FoodPugnaciousVIPDined on 5/9/2014We've been to The Bank mid-week and on weekends, and my preference is usually to visit mid-week because of the noise from patrons who believe that the art of conversation is to talk the loudest over each other. Food is always very good and we've had everything from soup & sandwiches to steaks and lobster. This visit turned into a fish dinner with my wife ordering trout which was well prepared over rice and myself opting for a nice basked of fish & chips which was plentiful on the tasty fish & fries and could have dispensed with the boring flavorless coleslaw. Beer choices at The Bank are always fun with a nice selection of domestic and craft brews.Special Features:
- The following 655 reviews are from the The Bank Restaurant reviews archive.
- The Bank - First time dinerssuzeq18Dined on 4/29/2014We had purchased a Groupon for The Bank. The waitress did not seem perturbed that we had a coupon. She explained the menu and specials and made several suggestions. We chose the organic mozzarella sticks as an appetizer. They were delicious. For entrees we had the fried fish dinner and pot roast. The pot roast was worth the trip! We would both return to The Bank just to experience this dish again. It reminded us of what beef use to taste like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent and disapppointingAreaDinerDined on 4/21/2014A friend and I went here for lunch. We both ordered the LUNCH burger. What we received was the regular burger - but we didn't know that. It was a burger and came with cheese. When we got the bill, it was much more than we expected and we asked the waiter about it, when he finally reappeared. He was very offhand about it and just said we made a mistake. On top of that, the burger was tasteless and dry. We try to patronize this restaurant because it's local and not a chain. But it's just too inconsistent and this time was actually pretty bad.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining / excellent food!BaldDaddyDined on 4/20/2014We had Easter dinner with a reservation at the last seating of the day at 5 pm. The Bank had a special Easter menu which we were told about when we made the reservation. The food is simply exceptional; standard fare cooked with a twist. Portions are ample, and "starters", an entree, and an excellent homemade dessert are filling without leaving one with that heavy "ate too much" feeling. They focus on organic and locally grown meats and crops. The atmosphere is low key, yet subtly elegant. I particularly appreciate the quiet atmosphere that enables dinner conversation. The wait staff are relaxed, competent, ready to meet your every need with graciousness and timely response. In short, this is a great place to dine and we will be back!Special Features:
- DisappointedPav5Dined on 4/20/2014This was our second time here and we were really looking forward enjoying Easter out with our family. We were seated downstairs in a semi private room. The room was beautiful and we loved the decor. The server was professional, but stiff. The food was okay, but not up to our expectations. The lamb chops were a disappointment and some of the roasted potatoes were burned. We wanted a family photo after dinner, but after dropping off the receipt, our server never returned. A number of other employees rushed by, but no one ever glanced our way. I can't say we won't ever return, but not likely for a special occasion.
- Used to love this placeEatingOutDined on 4/20/2014Our last visit was for Easter brunch. The reservation was ready, the table was nice, but the place was surprisingly half-empty. The food took a long time to get to the table. The Mahi-mahi was good but the prime rib was very tough with cold mashed potatoes. It had to be returned. By the time the replacement (another mahi-mahi) arrived, the partner was finished. Overall, not worth the price to us anymore. There are lots of good restaurants nearby we'd rather go to. Unfortunately, we will not be coming back.Special Features:
- melt in your mouth truffle burgerMKPinkLadyDined on 4/19/2014Great service, tasty food, conscientious waiter and chef. Had a great meal and desserts with close friends for my birthday,Special Features:
- Great timeBeckyDined on 4/14/2014We ate here for my birthday dinner. We used our Groupon and had a very enjoyable experience. We got the calamari appetizer, beet salad, lamb pasta, fish and chips, and cheesecake, as well as the Sexy Devil martini and root beer beer. Calamari was good, and I really liked the horseradish sauce to dip it in. Beet salad was delicious--I'll have to try making it here at home! Lamb pasta was good, but a little too salty than what I'm used to eating normally. My husband liked the fish and chips but said he wished he had gotten a steak--his fault b/c he forgot that fish and chips is breaded fish. :) Cheesecake was good but not amazing. Sexy Devil martini was very good, and the root beer beer was so delicious! Great evening.Special Features:
- The Bank, won't break your bank!TeetoogrnDined on 4/12/2014I took my wife there for her birthday and we had a great time. The food was very good, the service was great and the price was reasonable. They even comp'd birthday cake for my wife! Nice place!Special Features:
- Adult Birthday DinnerburbanbillDined on 4/12/2014We were a party of eight adults celebrating at a preferred 'cut above' restaurant. Fried calamari, grilled calamari and pork flauta appetizers were great. The draft beers were fresh and spot on. Sadly the entrees were 50/50 with three overcooked and one just plain bad. My fillet was perfect and three others, the special stroganoff, the pappardelle pasta and "world's best" pot roast were very good. Happily the manager made every effort to correct the shortcomings. The replacement ribeye was quickly served and comping a portion of our bill was the right thing to do. We wrapped up with a few coffees, hearty chocolate brownie and ice cream that were devoured. Never before was a dinner that went bad handled so well by a restaurant manager.Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itsandyDined on 4/5/2014Great food and service. menu was varied but no so extensive it made choices difficutl. bit on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.