The Bank Restaurant
121 W Front St
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bank Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebankwheaton.com/
- Phone: 6306652265
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar Open: Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chef Patrick Cassata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: No
- Entertainment: Go to www.thebankwheaton.com/events for our live music schedule.
- Special Events: Go to www.thebankwheaton.com/events
A word from The Bank Restaurant
Spending an evening at The Bank is like having an unforgettable dinner party at your best friend’s house. Delectable food, great wine, pleasant conversation, sparkling laughter and the soft clink of silver, china & glass. Home away from home – relaxed, friendly, but with the bonus of smart, attentive staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bank Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (21)good for groups (16)great for lunch (16)romantic (14)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- A space for a vaseCPACertifiedPartyAnimalDined on 10/16/2014Friendly smiles, obliging staff, consistently great food, and a vase for the rose I brought made for a charming experience. Try the crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Meet FriendsTVC719Dined on 10/4/2014This is a great restaurant to meet friends. First we sat at the bar and enjoyed their many locals beers on tap. Then we moved to the restaurant for dinner. The waiter was great. The only downside was that we didn't really enjoy the menu choices and the things we all chose were mediocre. For the prices of the menu items, I expected a little more substance, flavor and originality.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!ChiGal81Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated by husband's birthday here last Saturday. It was the perfect spot for his birthday dinner. Great food and atmosphere. We started with the grilled calamari which was very tasty. For our entrees, he had a steak and I had the seafood pasta. We both were very pleased. Will definitely go again for a special date night.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Our server was polite but not very helpful. It was our first time at the restaurant but he didn't give us any information about what was on special and seemed determined to spend as little time with us as possible. We overheard the specials from another waiter speaking to a table near us so we know not all the waiters are so unhelpful.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServiceAbileneVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food choices were varied. The items we ordered were well-prepared. We enjoyed the Thai chicken sandwich and the tuna salad on a pretzel roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014A place to go for foodies or people who like just good, high quality, simple food. It also has great gluten free options which is a plus. The staff was super helpful and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- 45-minute waitjoesDined on 9/20/2014Although we made a 7pm reservation more than a week in advance, we had to wait 45 minutes for our table on Sat., Sept. 20. During the wait, we were offered unacceptable alternatives: a table in a hallway adjacent to the noisy bar; a four-person booth for our six-person party. At no time during the wait were we offered a complimentary cocktail or other amenity to compensate. I think this treatment is unacceptable and would not return. On the other hand, food was good and our server, Billy, was outstanding in apologizing for the long wait.
- First Time a charmPaulOVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my initial visit to The Bank and overall the restaurant is a nice gem in Wheaton. Living in Naperville we have so many fabulous restaurants that I like finding other options close and The Bank will certainly be on my list of new places I want to go back to. The service stood out the most as our waiter was attentive without being obtrusive or making us feel rushed.Special Features:
- Cool space Good svc and foodDwpLjpVIPDined on 9/10/2014Very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly server. Good wines by glass and martinis. Entrees had some unique choices and were good as well.
- Great Service and very good food!loub215Dined on 9/5/2014The Bank is wonderful. Good ambiance, great service, and eclectic flavors. Bold takes on old standards, and perfect productions of comfort foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very GoodRayCVIPDined on 9/2/2014Dinner on the outdoor patio was very, very good. My girlfriend had a chicken pasta dish that was bursting with flavor. I had a dish called artic char and it was also very tasty. Our server was new and was being trained but she did an excellent job. She was polite, attentive but not overly involved. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!hungryDined on 8/30/2014We found this gem a couple of weeks ago. Food is the best I've had in a long time. All food is locally sourced so the flavors are at their peak. We plan to be back very soon!Special Features:
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic restaurant with great ambience. Food is always fresh and tasty. Our waiter was helpful and added to our experience.Special Features:
- Great meal, service, and ambiance!Jmc67Dined on 8/15/2014Food was terrific - service was terrific - and ambiance can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDiningdivaVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have dined here before and had hoped to sit outside. We were seated near the patio, which was fine. The only problem is the outside music for the town of Wheaton is so loud that it is hard to converse! We asked our waitress about it but she said the town had control over it and they couldn't do anything. Otherwise a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Good, ReliableDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014A great place to go when you're just looking for a good all-American meal. Lovely atmosphere, good, friendly service. We're never disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The Banks Restaurant is a very good restaurant for a business or date lunch. The half sandwich and half salad is just the perfect amount of food you need. I highly recommend the Steak Salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!JimboDined on 8/3/2014We were joining some friends for lunch on Sunday. Not being familiar with the Wheaton area, I turned to Open Table. It was a great dining experience. The staff were very attentive, the meal was great and we did not feel rushed to finish. Great ambiance. We will be back.Special Features:
- Will definately returnsireatalotDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I took my mother here to celebrate her 94th birthday. Food was great as was our server Matt. We will make it a point to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionjenoadDined on 7/25/2014Had a great dining experience for my daughter's 23rd birthday. Food was very good and unique. We were waited on accordingly but not rushed to go on to our next course or finalize our bill. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Not up to par; May try againAnnieDined on 7/9/2014Service was a bit slow. Served the wrong salad...but it was corrected quickly. My order was not to my liking; but someone else ordered the same and loved it. Appetizer was great; however, we ordered about 7:20 pm and entrees were not served until about 8:10 pm. This was a Wednesday evening and it was not what I would call super busy. I feel sure that the delay was a kitchen issue and not the waitress' fault....so perhaps, we will go once more to make sure. There are so many options in Wheaton for good dining......by the way, my meal was comped without my asking. So this is a mixed review.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 7/3/2014I enjoyed my lunch at the Bank as I had a French Dip Sandwich. The atmosphere is very nice. The service I think could have been a little better. I would return with no hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good healthy eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Traditional steak house favorites alongside healthy inventive choices. Sophisticated quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mom's birthdayjenoadDined on 7/1/2014It was an excellent night of celebrating a birthday!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Happy!!barryVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food great service, we will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average BurrersHOWARDDined on 6/23/2014Party of four had various burgers. Waiter got one of the four burgers totally wrong. Burgers were not hot at all. Average on taste. We sat outdoors and put up with noisy commuter trains every few minutes. Overall not impressed or pleased with this historic restaurant.
- The following 670 reviews are from the The Bank Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great place poor serviceTeanDined on 6/18/2014Took a client for drinks and dinner. Liked the look and feel of the location and resturant . Had a cocktail in the lounge, everything was great. Bartendor was quick to serve us. Then sat at a table for dinner. We we basically ignored. Waitress brought drinks and then disappeared. She finally came back and took our order. Thankfully a food runner brought our food because our waitress was no where to be found. At one point we saw her filling salt and pepper shakers. Poor service. Ok food.Special Features:
- DOTANDLARDined on 6/17/2014THE BURGERS ARE VERY GOOD. THE SERVER WAS FRIENDLY WITH A NICE SMILE. WE WILL RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placertgirlDined on 6/17/2014I enjoyed lunch on the terrace. I found the menu to be innovative and healthy and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Father's Day DinnerPepperchickDined on 6/15/2014We had a great experience at The Bank on Father's Day. My son and I had mahi mahi prepared with pineapple rice and a really nice coconut sauce, one of the evening specials, and it was delicious. My husband had a t-bone steak with asparagus and potatoes, and he was very happy. The beer selection is very good: I tried a craft ale I'd never had before, and loved it. Our server was attentive and personable. I love the ambience at The Bank - lots of dark wood, pale walls with a subtle amount of decor, and many photographs of old Wheaton. There's something very pleasant and soothing about it. All told, we had a wonderful meal and a great time.Special Features:
- Good service- food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2014This is more of a burger place with a nice atmosphere, not a steakhouse. The steak (T-Bone) was not very good at all, it was the evening special. Based on that alone I was expecting something much better.
- DisappointingGE2WheatonVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been to "The Bank" a few times before and enjoyed ourselves. This visit changed that. I ordered the Scallop pasta entree - I believe there were 3 scallops in my dish. Everyone's food (7 of us) was subpar. Service was AWFUL. Rude, unattentive, spilled water all over our table - twice - and basically threw a pile of napkins down. Also, we were sitting in the "porch" area - it's not the main dining room and is not the patio. The ceilings are very high and the floor is tile so it is loud, hot, airless, and is apparently where they seat all children. It was SO loud. The patio looked cramped but nicer and the main dining room would have at least been cooler. All in all - disappointing. Not sure we'd bother going back.
- LydiaFair2UDined on 5/27/2014Would highly recommend it. Had the salmon and it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerCommuterDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary at The Bank. It was a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Nice DinnercstillwellDined on 5/23/2014One server was working on a lot of tables when we arrived at 6:15p.m. We noticed that the entrees were coming out too fast so we told the server to wait until we tell him to put it through. I got the fish special which was very good, my husband had the steak which was overdone, however, he didn't want to wait for another one and our son got the fish and chips. The tartar sauce had a "apple pie" taste which he didn't like and neither did I. The bar area as nice and there was live music. It seemed as though we got there at a busy time so next time we will arrive a little later.Special Features:
- Great lunchAcalDined on 5/23/2014Met a colleague for lunch. Great sandwiches and craft beer selection. They had a nice outdoor seating area. My only minor complaint is that there were a lot of trains that came through and they were loud. Everything else was so good that it didn't bother us that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!!pam52VIPDined on 5/21/2014This is not my first time at The Bank Restaurant in Wheaton, IL, but it was my first time there for lunch. We had a late lunch on a weekday, so it was not at all crowded. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful with menu questions. The food was very good and they let us linger to chat. A very nice atmosphere. The outside seating was open in front of the restaurant, also, but we chose to eat inside. I have been here on a Saturday night and even with a reservation, it can get quite hectic and noisy. This was such a pleasant, quiet, change. We were thrilled with out lunch.Special Features:
- mother day brunchsandyVIPDined on 5/11/2014we normally love the menu here, but the mothers day bunch was very disappointing. Nothing special offered in terms of food, and the price was way too high for what was offered. Please just offer your regular menu!!
- Great first time experience!SLPofThreeDined on 5/10/2014We heard of this restaurant via Groupon; 40-minute drive but well worth it. Parking was a little tough, but for a 7pm Saturday (Mother's Day weekend) reservation, that's expected (along with having a downtown location). The server was spectacular; however, she did kind of forgot about us at the end when we waited about 15 mins for her to come back around w/the Rewards Program info (and considering the higher number of open tables around us by that time). But we weren't in a hurry and found that the overall service was really great. Ordered the NY strip, husband had lamb chops (special). Most delicious meats!! Cooked just right, very savory sauce. Dark ale & red headed peach martini were devine!! Will def be heading back as rewards members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May 11 BirthdaywheatonwhitesDined on 5/10/2014The evening started with Kevin Schmitt greeting us at the host table and leading us to the perfect spot on the elegant outdoor dinning area. A beautiful bottle of perfect temperature white white was waiting for us at the table. I had trout on a bed of lemon orzo that was wonderfully prepared and my bride had a steak salad that was eye poppingly presented with rich wonderful flavors. It was a wonderful evening providing by an outstanding and friendly establishment.Special Features: