The Bank Restaurant
121 W Front St
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bank Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebankwheaton.com/
- Phone: (630) 665-2265
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar Open: Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chef Patrick Cassata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: No
- Entertainment: Go to www.thebankwheaton.com/events for our live music schedule.
- Special Events: Go to www.thebankwheaton.com/events
A word from The Bank Restaurant
Spending an evening at The Bank is like having an unforgettable dinner party at your best friend’s house. Delectable food, great wine, pleasant conversation, sparkling laughter and the soft clink of silver, china & glass. Home away from home – relaxed, friendly, but with the bonus of smart, attentive staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Bank Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Wheaton ›
The Bank Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (14)romantic (14)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (11)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- rosenesqDined on 11/12/2014Lunch was fine; relatively standard fare; good choice for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bills NotesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014We specifically made a pre 5:30 reservation to get the Early Bird menu which was on their website.We were disappointed to find they had discontinued this.The server apologized and offered a complimentary dessert.The service was quick and the food was very good.Server checked up on us frequently. The Bank is a nice sedate restaurant but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 10/26/2014The Bank is downtown Wheaton has a nice menu with specials and the prices are not too bad. They also offer a freq diner program too.Special Features:
- Great farm to table spotwouldreturn4sureDined on 10/21/2014We entertained friends at The Bank mid-week and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the exceptional service. The farm to table concept is what makes their menu unique. We liked the fact the menu provides a brief description of each farm. We all ordered the soup of the day, Butternut Squash, which was creamy and delicious. Two of us had the pot roast and the other two, mahi-mahi and scallops. Desserts were delicious and not over powering in size. The wait staff were friendly and very attentive. I've been there for lunch and it's just as good. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A space for a vaseCPACertifiedPartyAnimalDined on 10/16/2014Friendly smiles, obliging staff, consistently great food, and a vase for the rose I brought made for a charming experience. Try the crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversarySatisfied2Dined on 10/4/2014Great service along with good food and wine made our night out special, then they gave us a free dessert for our anniversary and that topped it all off!!Special Features:
- Great Place to Meet FriendsTVC719Dined on 10/4/2014This is a great restaurant to meet friends. First we sat at the bar and enjoyed their many locals beers on tap. Then we moved to the restaurant for dinner. The waiter was great. The only downside was that we didn't really enjoy the menu choices and the things we all chose were mediocre. For the prices of the menu items, I expected a little more substance, flavor and originality.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!ChiGal81Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated by husband's birthday here last Saturday. It was the perfect spot for his birthday dinner. Great food and atmosphere. We started with the grilled calamari which was very tasty. For our entrees, he had a steak and I had the seafood pasta. We both were very pleased. Will definitely go again for a special date night.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Our server was polite but not very helpful. It was our first time at the restaurant but he didn't give us any information about what was on special and seemed determined to spend as little time with us as possible. We overheard the specials from another waiter speaking to a table near us so we know not all the waiters are so unhelpful.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServiceAbileneVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food choices were varied. The items we ordered were well-prepared. We enjoyed the Thai chicken sandwich and the tuna salad on a pretzel roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014A place to go for foodies or people who like just good, high quality, simple food. It also has great gluten free options which is a plus. The staff was super helpful and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- 45-minute waitjoesDined on 9/20/2014Although we made a 7pm reservation more than a week in advance, we had to wait 45 minutes for our table on Sat., Sept. 20. During the wait, we were offered unacceptable alternatives: a table in a hallway adjacent to the noisy bar; a four-person booth for our six-person party. At no time during the wait were we offered a complimentary cocktail or other amenity to compensate. I think this treatment is unacceptable and would not return. On the other hand, food was good and our server, Billy, was outstanding in apologizing for the long wait.
- First Time a charmPaulOVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my initial visit to The Bank and overall the restaurant is a nice gem in Wheaton. Living in Naperville we have so many fabulous restaurants that I like finding other options close and The Bank will certainly be on my list of new places I want to go back to. The service stood out the most as our waiter was attentive without being obtrusive or making us feel rushed.Special Features:
- Cool space Good svc and foodDwpLjpVIPDined on 9/10/2014Very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly server. Good wines by glass and martinis. Entrees had some unique choices and were good as well.
- Great Service and very good food!loub215Dined on 9/5/2014The Bank is wonderful. Good ambiance, great service, and eclectic flavors. Bold takes on old standards, and perfect productions of comfort foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very GoodRayCVIPDined on 9/2/2014Dinner on the outdoor patio was very, very good. My girlfriend had a chicken pasta dish that was bursting with flavor. I had a dish called artic char and it was also very tasty. Our server was new and was being trained but she did an excellent job. She was polite, attentive but not overly involved. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!hungryDined on 8/30/2014We found this gem a couple of weeks ago. Food is the best I've had in a long time. All food is locally sourced so the flavors are at their peak. We plan to be back very soon!Special Features:
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic restaurant with great ambience. Food is always fresh and tasty. Our waiter was helpful and added to our experience.Special Features:
- Great meal, service, and ambiance!Jmc67Dined on 8/15/2014Food was terrific - service was terrific - and ambiance can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDiningdivaVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have dined here before and had hoped to sit outside. We were seated near the patio, which was fine. The only problem is the outside music for the town of Wheaton is so loud that it is hard to converse! We asked our waitress about it but she said the town had control over it and they couldn't do anything. Otherwise a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Good, ReliableDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014A great place to go when you're just looking for a good all-American meal. Lovely atmosphere, good, friendly service. We're never disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The Banks Restaurant is a very good restaurant for a business or date lunch. The half sandwich and half salad is just the perfect amount of food you need. I highly recommend the Steak Salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!JimboDined on 8/3/2014We were joining some friends for lunch on Sunday. Not being familiar with the Wheaton area, I turned to Open Table. It was a great dining experience. The staff were very attentive, the meal was great and we did not feel rushed to finish. Great ambiance. We will be back.Special Features:
- Will definately returnsireatalotDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I took my mother here to celebrate her 94th birthday. Food was great as was our server Matt. We will make it a point to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 678 reviews are from the The Bank Restaurant reviews archive.
- Special OccasionjenoadDined on 7/25/2014Had a great dining experience for my daughter's 23rd birthday. Food was very good and unique. We were waited on accordingly but not rushed to go on to our next course or finalize our bill. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Not up to par; May try againAnnieDined on 7/9/2014Service was a bit slow. Served the wrong salad...but it was corrected quickly. My order was not to my liking; but someone else ordered the same and loved it. Appetizer was great; however, we ordered about 7:20 pm and entrees were not served until about 8:10 pm. This was a Wednesday evening and it was not what I would call super busy. I feel sure that the delay was a kitchen issue and not the waitress' fault....so perhaps, we will go once more to make sure. There are so many options in Wheaton for good dining......by the way, my meal was comped without my asking. So this is a mixed review.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 7/3/2014I enjoyed my lunch at the Bank as I had a French Dip Sandwich. The atmosphere is very nice. The service I think could have been a little better. I would return with no hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good healthy eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Traditional steak house favorites alongside healthy inventive choices. Sophisticated quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mom's birthdayjenoadDined on 7/1/2014It was an excellent night of celebrating a birthday!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Happy!!barryVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food great service, we will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average BurrersHOWARDDined on 6/23/2014Party of four had various burgers. Waiter got one of the four burgers totally wrong. Burgers were not hot at all. Average on taste. We sat outdoors and put up with noisy commuter trains every few minutes. Overall not impressed or pleased with this historic restaurant.
- Great place poor serviceTeanDined on 6/18/2014Took a client for drinks and dinner. Liked the look and feel of the location and resturant . Had a cocktail in the lounge, everything was great. Bartendor was quick to serve us. Then sat at a table for dinner. We we basically ignored. Waitress brought drinks and then disappeared. She finally came back and took our order. Thankfully a food runner brought our food because our waitress was no where to be found. At one point we saw her filling salt and pepper shakers. Poor service. Ok food.Special Features:
- DOTANDLARDined on 6/17/2014THE BURGERS ARE VERY GOOD. THE SERVER WAS FRIENDLY WITH A NICE SMILE. WE WILL RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placertgirlDined on 6/17/2014I enjoyed lunch on the terrace. I found the menu to be innovative and healthy and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Father's Day DinnerPepperchickDined on 6/15/2014We had a great experience at The Bank on Father's Day. My son and I had mahi mahi prepared with pineapple rice and a really nice coconut sauce, one of the evening specials, and it was delicious. My husband had a t-bone steak with asparagus and potatoes, and he was very happy. The beer selection is very good: I tried a craft ale I'd never had before, and loved it. Our server was attentive and personable. I love the ambience at The Bank - lots of dark wood, pale walls with a subtle amount of decor, and many photographs of old Wheaton. There's something very pleasant and soothing about it. All told, we had a wonderful meal and a great time.Special Features:
- Good service- food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2014This is more of a burger place with a nice atmosphere, not a steakhouse. The steak (T-Bone) was not very good at all, it was the evening special. Based on that alone I was expecting something much better.
- DisappointingGE2WheatonVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been to "The Bank" a few times before and enjoyed ourselves. This visit changed that. I ordered the Scallop pasta entree - I believe there were 3 scallops in my dish. Everyone's food (7 of us) was subpar. Service was AWFUL. Rude, unattentive, spilled water all over our table - twice - and basically threw a pile of napkins down. Also, we were sitting in the "porch" area - it's not the main dining room and is not the patio. The ceilings are very high and the floor is tile so it is loud, hot, airless, and is apparently where they seat all children. It was SO loud. The patio looked cramped but nicer and the main dining room would have at least been cooler. All in all - disappointing. Not sure we'd bother going back.
- LydiaFair2UDined on 5/27/2014Would highly recommend it. Had the salmon and it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerCommuterDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary at The Bank. It was a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Nice DinnercstillwellDined on 5/23/2014One server was working on a lot of tables when we arrived at 6:15p.m. We noticed that the entrees were coming out too fast so we told the server to wait until we tell him to put it through. I got the fish special which was very good, my husband had the steak which was overdone, however, he didn't want to wait for another one and our son got the fish and chips. The tartar sauce had a "apple pie" taste which he didn't like and neither did I. The bar area as nice and there was live music. It seemed as though we got there at a busy time so next time we will arrive a little later.Special Features: