The Back Room Steakhouse
1418 Rock Springs Road
Apopka, FL 32712Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Back Room Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thebackroomsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (407) 880-7832
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brent Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Back Room Steakhouse
The Back Room Steakhouse features aged Black Angus steaks including our boneless Rib eye, Porterhouse, New York Strip, and our Center Cut Filet. We also prepare fresh seafood dishes like our Chilean Sea bass and North Atlantic Salmon. Sunday we feature our Prime Rib Dinner. All entrees' include a choice of two of our fresh made sides. Spectacular dining in an unpretentious environment. Locally owned and operated with an emphasis on personal service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Back Room Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Apopka ›
The Back Room Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (43)fit for foodies (32)romantic (16)notable wine list (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014Wonderful experience! My husband heard about this place and we decided to give it a try one Sunday evening. It's a small casual place with just a few tables, making for a very cozy atmosphere. We were greeted and seated immediately. Service was fantastic. I am gluten intolerant and our server went out of her way to accommodate my needs, as did the kitchen. I had a fantastic prime rib, mashed potatoes and probably the best roasted asparagus I have ever had. The owner was very attentive and personable without being intrusive. Dining her was a great experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A FINDBarebear4you2Dined on 11/14/2014We had long talked about trying this restaurant and decided on a whim to give it a whirl for our anniversary. I made a reservation on Open Table which was confirmed immediately. Our table was waiting on arrival. Small and quaint. Full bar and small wine list very moderately priced. Very nice menu with good variety but not too big. I started with lamb chops served with a chili oil that was recommended to be prepared medium rare. The taste was incredible. The chops were like " butter". Followed by Caesar salad and Chilean Sea Bass served over risotto and spinach. What a treat. My husband had a 24 ounce T-bone steak prepared to his preference of Pittsburgh Black and Blue. Char on the outside and cool on the inside. Steak came out prefect over asparagus spears. Plates were not overly dramatic with pieces sticking up here and there. Just wonderful food, served by a top notch wait staff. Our server was very seasoned as I could tell by the way he poured our wine. We will definitely return to the gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DudleyDined on 11/12/2014Our first time at The Back Room but definitely not our last. At last we have fine dining in Apopka! Food is delicious and the service is outstanding. The owner's visit to our table to welcome us and ask about the food and service was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasion.GreatfindDined on 11/8/2014Went to Backroom Steakhouse for my best friends 40TH birthday! Great get away from the normal higher end restaurants! Truly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Amazing food. The Calamari and the Porterhouse are our favorites. Most don't expect much from a little place hidden in a strip mall between a Little Ceasers and a Beef O Brady's; but we drive an hour from Daytona Beach to enjoy this hidden gem.Special Features:
- Prime rib was greatkenC5VIPDined on 10/26/2014The prime rib was great as always. One thing not mentioned often is the service. We come to BR for the food and Wanda. She is the best bartender/server Ed has working. She seems to get little credit. When she is at the bar, we are at the bar; when she isn't, we get her table. One drawback is the drink prices, $10 for a premium drink, in a small glass filled to the brim with ice, is too high. That being said it is the ONLY good restaurant in Apopka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieFoodiesFirstDined on 10/25/2014We have eaten there several times and have enjoyed each visit. The food and service is terrific. We often have guests and have taken them there and when they come back for a visit they request we go back for dinner. We needed a good steak restaurant in Apopka and The Back Room fits the bill. Best Steak we have had in the Orlando area and now we have it right in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- Always good.AnderjkDined on 10/24/2014We have been here many times and have not been even slightly disappointed.Special Features:
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Always an excellent dining experience! We will continue to go back over and over.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I found the food as advertised on the radio. Quiet cozy atmosphere with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place great foodTonyHDined on 10/19/2014I will return again and again, and even time I bring new people to enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014The owner, Ed, and his team do an outstanding job! The food is excellent. You will not find a better steak in town.Special Features:
- Enjoyed thoroughlyAlbieDined on 10/17/2014It was a special occasion, food service and everything was greatSpecial Features:
- KoJoDined on 10/16/2014So nice to have an upscale restaurant in apopka. Great service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Sunday!Jpater59Dined on 10/12/2014Very cozy, intimate little place. Some may think seating is a bit tight. Nice whiskey and draft beer selection to compliment a great steak. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satnitesatniteDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent. A bit louder than usual this week. Service could not have been better. We look forward to our next meal at The Back Room.Special Features:
- We loved Back Room Steakhouse!LuvsmesteakDined on 10/8/2014I've known Ed, the owner, for years now and was excited to finally make it to The Back Room Steakhouse. People as far as Eustis and DeLand said they drive into Apopka just for Ed's steaks, and I see why. They were perfectly cooked, tender, and delicious. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Reasonably PricedFredmoflaDined on 10/4/2014Our second visit to Backroom. It is now much better The first time was shortly after the opening, and things were a bit sketchy, but recently the entire place was operating smoothly. The bar has expanded it's offerings, but lacks mixings for a Stinger (white crème de mint and brandy cannot be that difficult to obtain). But the beer selection is excellent, and the wine list is brief but decent. Considering the location, this is understandable. We had rib eye and strips for dinner. The rib eye was very good and the strip was great. Cooked spot on. The creamed spinach is different, and delicious. More like a cheesy then creamy, but really good. Nice salads, but a bit much dressing, and the bread tasted fresh and warm. Kudos to Ed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised!Glad2tryitDined on 10/3/2014Nice location and a hidden gem. The food is outstanding and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantBillDined on 9/27/2014We were surprised to find a nice steak house in a strip mall. Very nice place, a bit tight to move around in being so small, but the service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- Reservation problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My reservation was "lost" despite the fact that someone from the restaurant called me on my cell phone at 4:50 PM to confirm the 7:00 PM reservation. Place is small so no open tables. We finally got seated at approx. 7:45 PM. They could not offer any explanation.Special Features:
- JbossDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I both had the lamb chops and were both delightedSpecial Features:
- Sat nitesatniteDined on 9/20/2014Excellent dining experience. The food was very well prepared. The service was attentive without being annoyingly so.Special Features:
- Back Room SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Our food came out in a timely manner; however, my lamb chops were way under-cooked. I had to send them back to be reheated! Also, our server could have been more attentive. He never filled our water glasses, and seemed to be busy in another side of the restaurant most of the time. I'm wondering since we had an early reservation, that he was the first server there and took our table.Special Features:
- GreatnessTonyHDined on 9/13/2014Best Stake I have found in Florida. All dishes are prepared and served top chief quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- savvyDined on 9/12/2014The Back Room didn't disappoint...steak flavorful and practically melts in the mouth. Baked potato was fresh and good. Grilled asparagus had been on the grill too long - next time I'll remind the server to ask that the asparagus not be overcooked. Price very reasonable for the quality and portion of food. The quarters are a little close at the Back Room - I suggest asking for one of the two tables "behind' the front door, to be out of the traffic.Special Features:
- anniversaryDined on 9/11/2014Good food and service!! Place is small and a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for OrlandoLoveTheSushiDined on 9/11/2014An awesome experience and food and especially surprising to find this place in Apopka. Whilst it does not look that much from the outside the food and wine are amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to any colleagues, family or friends.Special Features:
- You'll Love It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, comfortable atmosphere, outstanding service. A must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Back RoomFLSuzzetteDined on 9/6/2014Apopka has never had a "good restaurant". All of the fast food joints line the street, but we have never had a really nice restaurant. The Back Room just changed that! The food was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK experiencedateNIGHTdinersDined on 8/30/2014Friendly little neighborhood place. The service was friendly, but not as attentive as I was expecting for our experience. The food was good and it seems like a good place for local regulars.
- Greatest in ApopkaNoneDined on 8/29/2014This is by far the best in Apopka. I recommend this to everyone. It has never disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Love the quality of your food It was deliciious as always! Very friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemEduardDined on 8/22/2014An incredible menu awaits you at the Back Room. Was totally unfamiliar with this location when I first went (occasion of a birthday celebration). Was immediately taken by the incredible menu and attention to detail. Have since become a regular and tell everyone about this wonderful "find." One thing, you MUST make a reservation as it can be hard to find an open table as this place has become a "must" for many people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonronnieDined on 8/17/2014Great food but a bit slow to come out.Service was great. Wish they had a dress code but hey it's Apopka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT, GREAT food!TonyHDined on 8/14/2014This place is a must dine for any meat eater. the food was out of this world, it was prepared and served with the grace of the finest chefs in the world. It was both elegant and bold. This will be my stake night out place!!!! none compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FnjOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014I enjoyed the entire experience, great food and service. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The Back Room Steakhouse is definitely the hidden gem of Apopka. The food and service are very good. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!!DelightedDinerDined on 8/7/2014This was our first trip to The Back Room, and we will return for the steak! It was terrific! Cooked exactly as we requested--and it was well seasoned. (Garlic mashed potatoes were a tad salty.) The calamari appetizer was well prepared and a good portion. Service was attentive without being intrusive. The wine list is reasonable with some very affordable choices available. We split the dessert, and next time, there will be two! Too good to share!Special Features:
- Disappointedkgf913Dined on 8/6/2014My husband and I have eaten here a number of times and we normally enjoy it. We recently had a family dinner there to celebrate his birthday, and to be fair, everyone's dinner was outstanding - except for mine. I ordered the Shrimp and Scallops with Linguine and vodka sauce (red), and I requested it spicy. What I got was alfredo sauce (white)- which I can't stand - that was spicy, which made it that much worse. I didn't want to ruin the occasion by sending it back, so I got some vodka sauce on the side and mixed it in. The result was less than appetizing. No one came by the table to see what the problem was or why my meal was left basically uneaten. The server just asked me if I wanted a To Go box! Um, no.Special Features: