The Back Room Steakhouse
1418 Rock Springs Road
Apopka, FL 32712Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Back Room Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thebackroomsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (407) 880-7832
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brent Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Back Room Steakhouse
The Back Room Steakhouse features aged Black Angus steaks including our boneless Rib eye, Porterhouse, New York Strip, and our Center Cut Filet. We also prepare fresh seafood dishes like our Chilean Sea bass and North Atlantic Salmon. Sunday we feature our Prime Rib Dinner. All entrees' include a choice of two of our fresh made sides. Spectacular dining in an unpretentious environment. Locally owned and operated with an emphasis on personal service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Back Room Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Apopka ›
The Back Room Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (31)romantic (16)notable wine list (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- great steak and serviceapopkafoodieDined on 5/3/2014It's wonderful to have a great steakhouse in the neighborhood. Excellent steaks and wonderful service make this an exceptional local restaurant to go back to again and again. Steaks are perfectly aged, cooked and served. The Backroom is a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apopka's finest!Mida5105Dined on 4/26/2014Nice to have a good restaurant close to home! Apopka has needed The Back Room Steakhouse for a very long time! Love the new hostess station at the door!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Amazing steaks, an owner that cares and comes by several times to check on you. Well worth a visit. Make a reservation though - it gets busy fast.Special Features:
- great storehousechowdownDined on 4/20/2014Great food and service. Been there three times now and have dined with friends and family. Everyone loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib disappointingMareDined on 4/20/2014We dined here on Easter Sunday 2014. We ordered salads which were excellent, as was the bread. My husband ordered prime rib done medium. The queen cut was full of gristle which was tough to cut through when he tried to cut it from the meat. Also, it was okay at first with being done medium, but when he got to the center it was too red for his liking. We asked the waitress to put it in the microwave for a few minutes to cook it more. When she returned, the meat was the exact same as it was when she took it. There was a lot of waste when my husband finished the prime rib. He loved his garlic mashed potatoes. I had the steak tips with asparagus (a special that day) and it was all wonderful. We ordered neither drinks nor dessert.Special Features:
- The Hidden GemmommapDined on 4/12/2014This place never disappoints... food, service, was excellent. Small venue but big flavors. The rib-eye had fabulous taste. The porterhouse was huge and one of the most tender my husband had ever eaten. Wedge salad had a delightful twist in the balsamic drizzle over the top, went well with the blue cheese. Due to the smallness reservations are recommended. The experience will be one to remember and will keep you coming back for more!Special Features:
- Best Steak in TownLittlebroDined on 4/12/2014The filet is the best in town and in my opinion, beats Ruth Chris hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars all the wayloveisintheairDined on 4/10/2014Great food and service! Tony went with the Ribeye Steak (enjoying the creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes) while I enjoyed the Blackened Chicken with fettucini penne. We also opted for the risotto since the owner, Ed Conlan, was kind enough to suggest at least trying it. I am so glad he did. I have not had risotto this good since leaving Rome. It was perfection! The entire meal was amazing, as was the service. Jenny, our server, helped us out when making the final decision of what dessert to go with… and the Panna Cotta was fabulous! If you haven't dined here, make a reservation and enjoy. You will not be disappointed. The service, food and atmosphere are all fantastic.Special Features:
- FinallyMida5105Dined on 4/4/2014Finally a nice restaurant with great food in APOPKA!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakslove2eatDined on 4/4/2014I had the rib eye, it was flavorfull. Would have liked a bette soup selection. Soup was bean and steak. Salad and brocalini were very good. The atmosphere could use sime improvement we were seated in the back by the restrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for a 25 seat restaurant cantrrmmDined on 4/3/2014for a 25 seat restaurant cant imagine they cant get everything they way it was ordered,
- Fine Dining in ApopkaTekkieDined on 4/3/2014The Back Room Steakhouse, in Apopka, is fine dining done well in an intimate setting. We've been going here since they opened and have seen changes made along the way to improve the dining experience. They are responsive to the voices of their customers. The food is excellent quality and at a reasonable price. It's fresh food that is well seasoned, properly cooked and professionally presented on the plate. The steaks are always cooked to the correct temperature. We have never had a mediocre or bad experience here and I would definitely recommend it to everyone. It is a gem of a restaurant and worth the drive if you aren't in the Apopka area. I would highly recommend making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice gem in NW Orlando!HappydinnerDined on 3/26/2014What a treat to have this place in our area. Food is very good, and it isn't a chain or fast food which this area is know for!!! If you are looking for a place to dine that offers a nice, well prepared dinner I highly recommend the Back Room!Special Features:
- Celebrated a 20 year WeddingSandyDined on 3/26/2014Celebrated a 20 year Wedding Anniversary and the food was very MEMORABLE as well as the Cocktails! Chef and Server were great on asking for feedback and making recommendations...very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ApopkaAnderjkDined on 3/23/2014We have been to The Back Room several times and have thoroughly enjoyed it each time. The food is great as is the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in ApopkakenC5VIPDined on 3/23/2014This is the best restaurant in Apopka. The service and food was excellent. Ed has a good staff that always try to please. The food was excellent. We love this place and will go to this restaurant many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always friendly, the highestsatniteDined on 3/22/2014Always friendly, the highest quality, and reasonable. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak and pork chop weAlanDined on 3/22/2014The steak and pork chop we ordered were cook just as we like them. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationbdspecialDined on 3/22/2014Couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate our son's birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood non-chain restaurantJudeeVIPDined on 3/22/2014Decent food; steak cooked perfect! Shrimp disappointing.... Bigger selection would be nice. Prices somewhat highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little PlaceDBCBDined on 3/20/2014Heard some good reviews, so we decided to try the place out. Did not disappoint. Great calamari appetizer, wonderful steak and herb-crusted pork chop. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed has created a great placegood4uDined on 3/15/2014Ed has created a great place for locals in Apopka to go have a great meal. Thank You for your service to the community and creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Apopka onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014We didn't want to go to far for a good steak (Fleming's, Ruth Chris, etc). it was small and quaint. Service was no better then what you would get at an Applebee's on a good day. I was expecting more of a tour of the menu and personality vs." what can I get you to drink? and did you find anything on the menu you want to order?" the prime rib which is their "Special" on Sunday was very fatty, close to 25% fat. My 10yr old loved his NY strip (No kids menu) and my 12yr old liked his scallop & shrimp Pasta. My wife thought the Famous 14oz pork chop was bland. Would I go back? Probably because it is close and all Apopka seems to have is QSR & FC restaurants. Would they survive with real completion in service, quality and ambiance any where else?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutSillycatgirlDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant at least six times and have always been very satisfied. We have taken friends and also gone by ourselves, and it's a great private setting as well as for small groups. We usually go on birthdays, anniversary, or valentines. The steak is always seasoned perfectly, and the Chilean sea bass was the best we have ever had. The owner has come to the table and personally made sure we were happy every time we have visited. If you're looking for a small, personal setting, great food, and exceptional service; this is a fantastic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakchuckDined on 3/6/2014The best steaks in our area including the pricier national chains. Can't be beat for the money!Special Features:
- Probably the best steak IATA1Dined on 2/28/2014Probably the best steak I have ever had. Excellent flavor and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fills a Needkgf913Dined on 2/28/2014Apopka has a dearth of good, non-chain restaurants since the closing of Captain and the Cowboy. We like that there is now a restaurant nearby where we can have a nice steak dinner and not overpay or have to drive downtown. The main drawback is the place is so small that the bar patrons take over the dining area, making it impossible to have a nice meal when they get boisterous, as was the case this past Friday evening - and we went very early, at 5 PM! I wouldn't really call the noise level "energetic", but there wasn't a choice for "intrusive". Maybe now that there's a space available next door they will expand the size of the restaurant so that the dining experience can be separated from the bar experience, both of which have their place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday giftRay39Dined on 2/27/2014I booked this restaurant because it was close to home, had a great menu on the website and my boyfriend had an upcoming birthday. I wanted to do something special for him and have our families share in it. I booked and got a confirmation call hours before and was allowed to bring in a cake from an outside company, which was great for the lactose intolerant folks who couldn't eat the cheesecake I'm dying to go back and try. The wait staff was AMAZING. Our server, Jenny, was all smiles and the host was very accommodating. 2 of our guests were singers; one sang grace and the other the birthday song. Earl had already said it was okay but to our surprise the other diners enjoyed it as well. The food, awesome; ambiance, perfect. Going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TastingStanDined on 2/27/2014The food was delicious as usual. The noise level was a tad loud. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food. Ribeye is delicious.retiredyoungDined on 2/23/2014Love the food. Ribeye is delicious. Service is much better than when they first opened! One of very few places in Apopka to dine that aren't chains or fast food, which is a welcome change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the hearing impairedsadieDined on 2/22/2014Our experience was very good. Unfortunately several in our party are "hard of hearing" these days. We were lucky to get a very quiet table near the rear (which we had requested and which the did reserve for us) and so our experience was wonderful. However, if we had not had that table, the noise level would have made it almost impossible for our group to have had a shared experience as we would not have been able to hear all in our party talk with each other. We would strongly recommend those with hearing difficulties to make arrangements for the location of the table be adequate for members of your party to hear. The groups are lively and having a great time, but for those with hearing issues, this does become a problem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Backroom SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The food was very well presented and the taste superb. Beer was not chilled, ouch! Appetizer prices too high, but main course was worth every dollar. Service was attentive. It's a very small dining room, so keep your conversation light, it would be difficult not to be overheard. I will certainly go again. The bar is in the middle so it's a busy ambience. I'm glad I found this place!Special Features:
- Excellent overall experience.KarenZVIPDined on 2/21/2014Excellent overall experience. Friends recommended this place and then we saw it on OpenTable and decided to give it a try. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Backroom Steakhouse in ApopkaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014I loved the relaxed feel of this place, and the beer selection was great and affordable! Service was prompt, polite, and personal. My salmon was fantastic and the accompanying vegetables were delicious and perfectly done. I didn't love the short rib egg roll appetizer, but the big carnivore in the group thought they were amazing. Overall The Back Room Steakhouse was a great, comfortable and tasty experience, I can't wait to go back for happy hour sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Apopka JewelSteveDined on 2/19/2014This Apopka gem is long over due. The steak is as good as Del Friscos and Mortons. The only negative thing I can say is it's a little small, hoping they expand based on the amount of business we've seen in there. Excellent dining experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualFoodie717Dined on 2/15/2014We chose to wait and celebrate Valentines Day on Saturday to avoid the crowds. We have eaten at the Back Room many times in the past and always enjoyed our meal. This time was no exception. It's a great place to enjoy a fine dining experience without the stuffy atmosphere. Chef cooked my risotto perfectly as was my filet. We will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is so much to enjoyErikaTomDined on 2/13/2014There is so much to enjoy about this place. The food was amazing. The scallops were prepared perfectly and so tasty! Love the size of the restaurant; warm and intimate. I have tremendous respect for the owner Ed who vigorously participated in the operation of of the staff, and expressed genuine concern for our dining experience. I told everyone at work to check this place out. We will add this to the restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinningCarmenPDined on 2/13/2014On a special day for my husband and I this was a great choice. The food was amazing and the service was great. Not many interruptions while we dine and food was brought to the table in a timely matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014We found The Backroom Steakhouse about a year ago and love it. We go every chance we get and not just for a special occasion. It's a great place, very nice people and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great food, great service,tamiVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great food, great service, great location! Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.