The Back Room Steakhouse
1418 Rock Springs Road
Apopka, FL 32712Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Back Room Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thebackroomsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (407) 880-7832
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brent Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Back Room Steakhouse
The Back Room Steakhouse features aged Black Angus steaks including our boneless Rib eye, Porterhouse, New York Strip, and our Center Cut Filet. We also prepare fresh seafood dishes like our Chilean Sea bass and North Atlantic Salmon. Sunday we feature our Prime Rib Dinner. All entrees' include a choice of two of our fresh made sides. Spectacular dining in an unpretentious environment. Locally owned and operated with an emphasis on personal service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Back Room Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Apopka ›
The Back Room Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (43)fit for foodies (32)romantic (14)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great Steak!!DelightedDinerDined on 8/7/2014This was our first trip to The Back Room, and we will return for the steak! It was terrific! Cooked exactly as we requested--and it was well seasoned. (Garlic mashed potatoes were a tad salty.) The calamari appetizer was well prepared and a good portion. Service was attentive without being intrusive. The wine list is reasonable with some very affordable choices available. We split the dessert, and next time, there will be two! Too good to share!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Great restaurant. Quiet, excellent menu, and great price for top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014This is our go-to spot for a great steak. The food is always consistent, wait staff is friendly and professional and you can count on the owner visiting your table. We will continue to visit The Back Room Steakhouse.Special Features:
- ShiplawDined on 8/1/2014Always excellent food and service! A real treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the The Back Room Steakhouse reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Only thing that kept food rating from being outstanding was both of our steaks were on the tough side and had a little more grissel than I would have expected. But other than that , everything else was outstanding. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- HoffmanasDined on 7/25/2014What a great find! The food was delicious! My wife had the filet which was Like butter. I had the ribeye which was just as tender. Perfectly seasoned. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Hidden PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Quiet dining experience, great for romance. The staff especially Michael were all wonderful, and quickly saw to our needs. Now the food was outstanding. The filet mignon melted in my mouth and the house salad was fresh and looked beautiful. I can't say enough about how good the dinner was. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experiencedbyrd419Dined on 7/24/2014Celebration for my late Mother's birthday with a group of 9 total. A little tight at the table but a great high end meal at a comfortable quant hideaway. Love Backroom Steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse in Apopka!motheroftwinsDined on 7/23/2014Great food! Just have to get past the strip mall atmosphere... Once inside, you will be pleasantly surprised.. Now our favorite steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placebonnieDined on 7/23/2014This is a tiny. friendly place but can't say it is cozy in it's décor. We have been to the Back Room several times for the steak. It is nice to be able to go to a local restaurant that isn't serving fast food. We need more places like this in Apopka. The steaks are expensive but excellent quality. The garlic mashed potatoes are very good. The salmon, at this visit, was tasty but dry. Our waitress was great - helpful & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- champagne steak on a beer budgetJackDined on 7/19/2014I had one of the best steak house restaurant strip sirloins ever - on par with steak houses charging double the price for the same fare. Aged for minimum of 28 days with great flavor and seasoning - no need for the excellent in house made steak sauce. Very tender and as I said before great flavor and did I say it was very tender? My 10 oz strip was priced at $23 with sides. The most expensive steak on the menu was a center cut Filet Mignon at $33. Great service as well. The owner brought out our main courses and checked on us afterwards to be sure that we were satisfied. Great little steakhouse in Apopka Fl - 45 min drive from the Universal Studios area and well worth it. I live in Tampa, Fl but will be back when I am in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect service and foodUrufishDined on 7/12/2014This is a small restaurant... We loved the bread so much, we asked the waiter where the restaurant buys it. He said he'd check. The owner came out and told us he orders it in from New York!!!! We were seated exactly at our reserved time. We were served almost immediately. The food came quickly. The steaks were cooked perfectly and as tasty as any I've had in high end steak restaurants. The hostess called us the next day to ask us if if we were happy with the restaurant. I gave it 2 stars for ambience because this restaurant isn't charging you for the fixtures. It is not an expensive steak house. There was almost a family like feel to it. I recommend it highly to anyone.
- Recurring dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We come here fairly frequently. The food is always consistent and excellent. service staff is knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The bar staff makes very good cocktails as well.Special Features:
- Always ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Dine here frequently and always exceeds expectations.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Service!WendredDined on 7/6/2014Tucked away in a hidden corner of Apopka is an understatement! Tender steak, prepared as requested, with ample sides and a wonderful presentation...So happy we found this little gem!! The restaurant is small but has the feel of an English/Irish pub. We got there 30 minutes before closing time but were not rushed at all. The service was friendly and attentive and we genuinely felt that they cared about everything being as ordered. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G2LadyG2LadyDined on 7/3/2014Always a great meal and super service. A hidden gem in Apopka with nice atmosphere and a good steak. Variety of appetizers and wines. Enjoyable for a special occasion, a quiet dinner for a special occasion. Friendly wait staff and reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksWekivaCarnivoreDined on 6/28/2014This was our third visit and the food, especially the steaks, have been awesome every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantsatnightdineDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has excellent food along with staff and the ambiance was great. I would recommend this restaurant for everyone. You can go with a group and actually able to talk over the meal, it's not loud. It's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodloverDined on 6/28/2014It was our first time dining at this "neighborhood gem". Everything was delicious from the special cocktails and appetizers to the fabulous entrees and sides. The flavorful risotto was cooked perfectly as were all the other wonderful additions. The ribeye and filet were delicious and cooked to perfection. The organic grilled chicken a "winner" too. We were a small group consisting of some foodies and picky eaters. Everyone commented they would definitely come back. We will be dining there again soon. Thank you Back Room. You are doing everything right. FoodloverSpecial Features:
- bdspecialDined on 6/28/2014Have been there three times and have never been disappointed. Food and service is always outstanding and we never felt rushed. Always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SmallrestuarantloversDined on 6/21/2014This was my first time visiting the Back Room and it was amazing. A good friend recommended it some time ago, but I could never find the time to visit until now. I'm glad I finally found the time, as I plan to make it a mainstay in my repertoire of steak restaurants. The service was outstanding, as was the food. Be sure to make a reservation, as it fills up fast!Special Features:
- Stellar Staff and Amazing Food!LuvsBackRoomInMyBackyardDined on 6/15/2014Our second visit to Backroom was on the evening of Father's Day; our waitress and the owner helped that special occasion to be another memorable night for our family, just 10 mins down the road from home. The stellar service was only paralleled by exquisite food! We shall return much sooner now that you've added our favorite dining out food: Lamb to the menu. Although we were impressed our first go around, it was almost a year later when we returned for our next visit...I'm not sure if we'll be able to make a month pass w/out coming back for more this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014A little more gristle in my New York Strip this time but still an excellent taste and experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBernardDined on 6/14/2014A little difficult to find the Back Room is worth looking for. The single entry door leads in to a small clean and pleasantly quiet dining area. We had an early reservation so the dining area was not full when we arrived and but was by the time we left. The menu isn't large but every thing we ordered was excellent. The server was attentive and timed the delivery of our entree so we were not rushed to finish our salads. The filet was the best we have ever had. It was cooked to perfection and had a great char grilled flavor. We will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing steak (again)WPNickDined on 6/13/2014I'm not easy to convince that a steakhouse can be consistent, but Back Room has proved itself to be among the very finest of any steakhouses in the US for meat quality, preparation and taste. I'm a ribeye guy and my wife is a filet lover. For the 2nd time in about 4 weeks we enjoyed our meals at Back Room as much as it's possible to enjoy a steak dinner. Our 2 guests (who live in Apopka and didn't know about it) were astonished by their meals (one of which was a fish meal) and gave it 5 stars. For uncompromised value, tenderness and taste (as well as delicious appetizers and sides and wines), I'm willing to bet that this is the best you'll ever have. And we live 50 minutes from Apopka - there's no other place we'll travel that far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- back roomBobLDined on 6/7/2014Apopka has long lacked an upscale dining place. Imagine our surprise when Ed opened this gem. The food is great. The restaurant is small but has an ambiance that is lacked in many of the larger places..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive from Orlando!MichelleVIPDined on 6/1/2014We live in South Orlando and decided to try The Back Room Steakhouse in Apopka because of the reviews on Open Table. It was definitely worth the drive!! I had the NY Strip. It was just right...temperature & taste. We went on a Sunday and my mom tried the Prime Rib..she was very happy with her meal. There is a variety of beers on tap and the waiter was very helpful in making a selection. We didn't have any mixed drinks, but they looked wonderful and were quite a nice size. The owner was there and introduced himself to us. We had a very nice evening. If you are anywhere in Central Florida, this is a place worth checking out. And if you are in Apopka, you're lucky! Don't miss out!!Special Features:
- Great steakhouse in Apopka!motheroftwinsDined on 5/31/2014Menu and food was great.. Enjoyed the wine menu . Owner walks around to meet a greet.. Very small restaurant... The food makes up for the initial visual of the restaurant- a shopping center in Apopka... We will be back.Special Features:
- Great steak in ApopkaFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/30/2014I found this place looking on Open Table for a nice place to take out our hosts while we were visiting. It was a great sell after looking through the reviews and made us very confident selecting a new place that long time residents never had been to. We were a group of five. Appetizers we ordered were: fried green tomatoes and Back Room Short Rib egg rolls. Delicious. The dip that came with the egg rolls was so good that we asked for some to take home with our leftovers! Entrees ordered were: Ribeye, filet mignon, NY Strip, Braised Australian Lamb Chop Dinner and Chilean Sea Bass. Everyone loved their food and this place such a pleasant surprise to us all. If you are in the neighborhood...make this a stop for sure!Special Features:
- Still a Wonderful PlaceBuffieDined on 5/25/2014Food was great and service was as good as it gets. Prices are reasonable with the quality of food.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in ApopkakenC5VIPDined on 5/25/2014We had the BEST prime rib dinner last Sunday (5/25). It was the tastiest yet.Special Features:
- Great food!GoffgirlVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food is excelllent - not a great place for large groups and there is NO children's menu at all. But the food is fantasticSpecial Features:
- Yummy!bamageek11VIPDined on 5/22/2014The steaks are amazing. Sooo tender and juicy. Will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will return againJustin051983Dined on 5/18/2014this was my first time going man I had a great experience the food was very good the service was very good the prices very high I will go back again I had the prime rib it was cooked perfect and the baked potato was cooked greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked Away- nice placeMichaelDined on 5/11/2014Ed had a nice little place going here in Apopka, good food, good servers, but you may have to wait for the food if the are really packed. But the wait is worth it, just have another beer or glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!!ApopkiniteDined on 5/11/2014This was our first trip to The Back Room Steakhouse so we ordered a variety of dinners. The steaks were excellent, much better thank Outba** or LongHo**. Larger steaks also. Prime rib was huge cut and very good. Pasta was delicious. The sides were good, but could use a bit more flare. The mushrooms as a side were excellent with the steaks. Service was great! Dining area was clean. Do not leave without having dessert!! The cheese cake was the best we have ever had! While it seems many restaurants are moving to pre-prepared foods (bland), The Back Room has not followed that path. Everything is made to order and they even whip their own butter.... WOW! Make reservations, they fill up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCDavisDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the Back Room last Sunday for Mother's Day. Ed runs a great place. Excellent. Thanks JDSpecial Features:
- A gourmet's dream mealLadyAmstelDined on 5/10/2014Shared this eatery with my family for a special occasion. They enjoyed the meal so much I thought they were going to embarrass me by licking the plates. A real gem for our neighborhood. Good jobSpecial Features:
- Great ChoiceBuffieDined on 5/10/2014Food was very good service was excellent. Well worth the money.Special Features:
- Best steaks in townSillycatgirlDined on 5/9/2014We came with a couple of friends. They were impressed with the food and service. The Backroom is great for special occasions. We always split a wedge salad with our meal, absolutely the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.