The Back Room Steakhouse
1418 Rock Springs Road
Apopka, FL 32712Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Back Room Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thebackroomsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4078807832x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brent Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Back Room Steakhouse
The Back Room Steakhouse features aged Black Angus steaks including our boneless Rib eye, Porterhouse, New York Strip, and our Center Cut Filet. We also prepare fresh seafood dishes like our Chilean Sea bass and North Atlantic Salmon. Sunday we feature our Prime Rib Dinner. All entrees' include a choice of two of our fresh made sides. Spectacular dining in an unpretentious environment. Locally owned and operated with an emphasis on personal service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Back Room Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Apopka ›
The Back Room Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (31)romantic (19)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great RestaurantBillDined on 9/27/2014We were surprised to find a nice steak house in a strip mall. Very nice place, a bit tight to move around in being so small, but the service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- Reservation problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My reservation was "lost" despite the fact that someone from the restaurant called me on my cell phone at 4:50 PM to confirm the 7:00 PM reservation. Place is small so no open tables. We finally got seated at approx. 7:45 PM. They could not offer any explanation.Special Features:
- JbossDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I both had the lamb chops and were both delightedSpecial Features:
- Sat nitesatniteDined on 9/20/2014Excellent dining experience. The food was very well prepared. The service was attentive without being annoyingly so.Special Features:
- Back Room SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Our food came out in a timely manner; however, my lamb chops were way under-cooked. I had to send them back to be reheated! Also, our server could have been more attentive. He never filled our water glasses, and seemed to be busy in another side of the restaurant most of the time. I'm wondering since we had an early reservation, that he was the first server there and took our table.Special Features:
- GreatnessTonyHDined on 9/13/2014Best Stake I have found in Florida. All dishes are prepared and served top chief quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- savvyDined on 9/12/2014The Back Room didn't disappoint...steak flavorful and practically melts in the mouth. Baked potato was fresh and good. Grilled asparagus had been on the grill too long - next time I'll remind the server to ask that the asparagus not be overcooked. Price very reasonable for the quality and portion of food. The quarters are a little close at the Back Room - I suggest asking for one of the two tables "behind' the front door, to be out of the traffic.Special Features:
- anniversaryDined on 9/11/2014Good food and service!! Place is small and a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for OrlandoLoveTheSushiDined on 9/11/2014An awesome experience and food and especially surprising to find this place in Apopka. Whilst it does not look that much from the outside the food and wine are amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to any colleagues, family or friends.Special Features:
- You'll Love It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, comfortable atmosphere, outstanding service. A must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Back RoomFLSuzzetteDined on 9/6/2014Apopka has never had a "good restaurant". All of the fast food joints line the street, but we have never had a really nice restaurant. The Back Room just changed that! The food was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK experiencedateNIGHTdinersDined on 8/30/2014Friendly little neighborhood place. The service was friendly, but not as attentive as I was expecting for our experience. The food was good and it seems like a good place for local regulars.
- Greatest in ApopkaNoneDined on 8/29/2014This is by far the best in Apopka. I recommend this to everyone. It has never disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Love the quality of your food It was deliciious as always! Very friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemEduardDined on 8/22/2014An incredible menu awaits you at the Back Room. Was totally unfamiliar with this location when I first went (occasion of a birthday celebration). Was immediately taken by the incredible menu and attention to detail. Have since become a regular and tell everyone about this wonderful "find." One thing, you MUST make a reservation as it can be hard to find an open table as this place has become a "must" for many people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonronnieDined on 8/17/2014Great food but a bit slow to come out.Service was great. Wish they had a dress code but hey it's Apopka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT, GREAT food!TonyHDined on 8/14/2014This place is a must dine for any meat eater. the food was out of this world, it was prepared and served with the grace of the finest chefs in the world. It was both elegant and bold. This will be my stake night out place!!!! none compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FnjOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014I enjoyed the entire experience, great food and service. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The Back Room Steakhouse is definitely the hidden gem of Apopka. The food and service are very good. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!!DelightedDinerDined on 8/7/2014This was our first trip to The Back Room, and we will return for the steak! It was terrific! Cooked exactly as we requested--and it was well seasoned. (Garlic mashed potatoes were a tad salty.) The calamari appetizer was well prepared and a good portion. Service was attentive without being intrusive. The wine list is reasonable with some very affordable choices available. We split the dessert, and next time, there will be two! Too good to share!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Great restaurant. Quiet, excellent menu, and great price for top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014This is our go-to spot for a great steak. The food is always consistent, wait staff is friendly and professional and you can count on the owner visiting your table. We will continue to visit The Back Room Steakhouse.Special Features:
- ShiplawDined on 8/1/2014Always excellent food and service! A real treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Only thing that kept food rating from being outstanding was both of our steaks were on the tough side and had a little more grissel than I would have expected. But other than that , everything else was outstanding. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- HoffmanasDined on 7/25/2014What a great find! The food was delicious! My wife had the filet which was Like butter. I had the ribeye which was just as tender. Perfectly seasoned. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Hidden PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Quiet dining experience, great for romance. The staff especially Michael were all wonderful, and quickly saw to our needs. Now the food was outstanding. The filet mignon melted in my mouth and the house salad was fresh and looked beautiful. I can't say enough about how good the dinner was. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experiencedbyrd419Dined on 7/24/2014Celebration for my late Mother's birthday with a group of 9 total. A little tight at the table but a great high end meal at a comfortable quant hideaway. Love Backroom Steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse in Apopka!motheroftwinsDined on 7/23/2014Great food! Just have to get past the strip mall atmosphere... Once inside, you will be pleasantly surprised.. Now our favorite steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placebonnieDined on 7/23/2014This is a tiny. friendly place but can't say it is cozy in it's décor. We have been to the Back Room several times for the steak. It is nice to be able to go to a local restaurant that isn't serving fast food. We need more places like this in Apopka. The steaks are expensive but excellent quality. The garlic mashed potatoes are very good. The salmon, at this visit, was tasty but dry. Our waitress was great - helpful & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- champagne steak on a beer budgetJackDined on 7/19/2014I had one of the best steak house restaurant strip sirloins ever - on par with steak houses charging double the price for the same fare. Aged for minimum of 28 days with great flavor and seasoning - no need for the excellent in house made steak sauce. Very tender and as I said before great flavor and did I say it was very tender? My 10 oz strip was priced at $23 with sides. The most expensive steak on the menu was a center cut Filet Mignon at $33. Great service as well. The owner brought out our main courses and checked on us afterwards to be sure that we were satisfied. Great little steakhouse in Apopka Fl - 45 min drive from the Universal Studios area and well worth it. I live in Tampa, Fl but will be back when I am in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect service and foodUrufishDined on 7/12/2014This is a small restaurant... We loved the bread so much, we asked the waiter where the restaurant buys it. He said he'd check. The owner came out and told us he orders it in from New York!!!! We were seated exactly at our reserved time. We were served almost immediately. The food came quickly. The steaks were cooked perfectly and as tasty as any I've had in high end steak restaurants. The hostess called us the next day to ask us if if we were happy with the restaurant. I gave it 2 stars for ambience because this restaurant isn't charging you for the fixtures. It is not an expensive steak house. There was almost a family like feel to it. I recommend it highly to anyone.
- Recurring dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We come here fairly frequently. The food is always consistent and excellent. service staff is knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The bar staff makes very good cocktails as well.Special Features:
- Always ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Dine here frequently and always exceeds expectations.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Service!WendredDined on 7/6/2014Tucked away in a hidden corner of Apopka is an understatement! Tender steak, prepared as requested, with ample sides and a wonderful presentation...So happy we found this little gem!! The restaurant is small but has the feel of an English/Irish pub. We got there 30 minutes before closing time but were not rushed at all. The service was friendly and attentive and we genuinely felt that they cared about everything being as ordered. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G2LadyG2LadyDined on 7/3/2014Always a great meal and super service. A hidden gem in Apopka with nice atmosphere and a good steak. Variety of appetizers and wines. Enjoyable for a special occasion, a quiet dinner for a special occasion. Friendly wait staff and reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksWekivaCarnivoreDined on 6/28/2014This was our third visit and the food, especially the steaks, have been awesome every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantsatnightdineDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has excellent food along with staff and the ambiance was great. I would recommend this restaurant for everyone. You can go with a group and actually able to talk over the meal, it's not loud. It's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodloverDined on 6/28/2014It was our first time dining at this "neighborhood gem". Everything was delicious from the special cocktails and appetizers to the fabulous entrees and sides. The flavorful risotto was cooked perfectly as were all the other wonderful additions. The ribeye and filet were delicious and cooked to perfection. The organic grilled chicken a "winner" too. We were a small group consisting of some foodies and picky eaters. Everyone commented they would definitely come back. We will be dining there again soon. Thank you Back Room. You are doing everything right. FoodloverSpecial Features:
- bdspecialDined on 6/28/2014Have been there three times and have never been disappointed. Food and service is always outstanding and we never felt rushed. Always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SmallrestuarantloversDined on 6/21/2014This was my first time visiting the Back Room and it was amazing. A good friend recommended it some time ago, but I could never find the time to visit until now. I'm glad I finally found the time, as I plan to make it a mainstay in my repertoire of steak restaurants. The service was outstanding, as was the food. Be sure to make a reservation, as it fills up fast!Special Features: