975 Anderson Hill Rd
Rye Brook, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doralarrowwood.com/dining/atrium
- Phone: 9149356600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: (open seating) 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Schmutzer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're planning a Westchester County event like a family reunion, awards banquet, or birthday bash, Doral Arrowwood has the perfect venue to meet your needs. From intimate candlelight dinners and casual cocktail parties by the pool to a grand ballroom gala for three hundred guests.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Office 9143234474
A word from The Atrium
This light, airy restaurant serves delicious buffet-style lunches and à la carte dinners amid spectacular views through floor-to-ceiling windows. Celebrate the weekend by savoring sumptuous cuisine and dancing cheek-to-cheek at our Saturday Night Buffet Dinner Dance. The Atrium also happens to be the best restaurant in Westchester for an award-winning brunch. During the warmer months al fresco dining is also available on the patio. The Atrium restaurant has been the recepient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Atrium reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (9)good for groups (9)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- excellentLocalfoodiesDined on 10/26/2014One of the top ten in brunch destinations especially within driving distance from NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Atrium Sat night buffetEmpireLoversDined on 9/13/2014The Atrium is a very pretty restaurant in The DoralArrowood Hotel. There is a band that plays and when we were there it was nice having live background music. We felt the buffet selections were somewhat limited but what was there was very well prepared. Overall it was a very nice way to spend Saturday night !
- DisappointedLoveoperaDined on 9/13/2014We were at the Saturday night buffet and dancing. It's a large space. Patrons were few. People were seated far apart. The temperature bordered on arctic. The decore is in need of a major makeover. The food is plentiful, but mediocre. There was not much verirty at the carving station. Desserts were great. The live music included everything from current to oldies.Special Features:
- ALl good but noiseFFFFDined on 8/17/2014Good and plentiful buffet. Attentive service for the Sunday brunch. But they had a party with about 50 people that made the whole area VERY NOISY. Went with older people because it's a quite place so all can hear, but when you have 50 people for a party with the "regular" diners, the large group overwhelms the whole place and make is way too noisy.Special Features:
- HorrendousNofoodforyou6Dined on 7/26/2014We booked a reservation online and received a confirmation email. We reserved for dinner for 6 people, including family members that drove from NJ to go specifically to the Atrium. Upon our arrival we were informed that the restaurant was sold out, and our reservation could not be honored. The staff at the desk was extremely rude. We had 2 children that were hungry and we had to find another restaurant for dinner. We were very disappointed with this experience and, needless to say, will not be returning
- Atrium BrunchFoodLover22Dined on 7/20/2014The Atrium Sunday brunch is our go to place for special occasions. The ambiance is wonderful. The service is always attentive. The cold table foods, the salads, the carved meats, omelet station and desserts are always quite good. However the hot dishes need improvement. For example the paella is no resemblance to authentic paella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSbearDined on 7/18/2014Stayed at Doral Arrowwood for the weekend. We ate in the Atrium for dinner and breakfast. The staff was incredibly friendly and very attentive. Excellent service and the food was really good as well. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, wonderful service!PPS2101VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great food, wonderful service, Jose in particular is a terrific waiter, always friendly, very responsive, you are fortunate to have him! Keep up the great work. We absolutely will come back yet again.Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the The Atrium reviews archive.
- Food was good service suckedStephiegirlDined on 6/15/2014We went for brunch for my husbands first Father's Day. I guess the waiter didn't like young people bc he doted on all the old people at the tables around us like crazy and we had to flag him down for ever little thing. I literally watched him scan all his tables in his section and completely bypass ours! Impossible to get a champagne during the meal and coffee and tea at the end of our meal. Overall Food was great service terrible and be prepared for old people GALORE at this place, unless that was a fluke bc it was Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We celebrated Fathers Day at the brunch and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was so accommodating and pleasant that it felt like a personal party. The food was abundant and delicious: carving station, waffle making, omelet station, many warm main dishes, beautiful salads, lox and bagels, frozen yogurt station, etc.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchAronsonsVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had a lovely father's day brunch. The buffet was well prepared and well stocked. The wait staff attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- Great findKoreanfoodieDined on 6/7/2014Found this place while I was looking for a place for my wife's birthday. The place was nice - great view out onto the lawns/golf course(?). There was a band that played, with a dance floor on the Saturday evening that we went (only available in the summer). They were able to accommodate a big group of 16. The restaurant had a buffet, and looked like it would be a good place for brunch as well. I recommend the restaurant for big groups / special occasions, dinner & dancing in the Westchester area.Special Features:
- OutstandingKrisanaDined on 6/6/2014What a true pleasure it was to take my girlfriend for our one year anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family outingGeorgeDined on 4/10/2014We took our son, daughter-in-law, 21 month grandson and 20 year old hungry nephew student at Sarah Lawrence to dinner. The buffet was very well stocked with variety to satisfy all. The Peruvian mashed potatoes (purple) were a huge hit. The selections for dessert were very well displayed and incredibly delicious. Everyone enjoyed the attentive staff who paid special attention to our grandson. A great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2014Food and service were very good. This good feeling was tempered by children running around the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Valentines Day ExperienceJinxDined on 2/14/2014Service was the best I've ever had. Attentive and waiters only seemed to appear when you needed them and were prompt with any request. This made for an intimate and relaxing setting for Valentine's Day. Food was very good. Short ribs were cooked to perfection. I don't expect a large selection on Valentine's Day, but luckily there was one. Only issue was there were 5 different styles of potatoes and only a couple of other choices for other sides/vegetables. More options would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meeting place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014Met some old friends that came from different parts of Westchester. The food was good, the service was good and we weren't rushed. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Perfect for a girls get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014I booked a luncheon for 12 girlfriends to gather for the new year and was not disappointed. The brunch was awesome,it had a good selection, the service was excellent (however it as not crowded at all)…..and atmosphere was beautiful. I would do this again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DealWkndLuvDined on 1/4/2014Food was excellent. Although we went for the seafood buffet which was advertised on their website, it is seasonal. The seafood starts in April. Now it's lamb. Which was right up my alley. Leg, shank, chops you name it. Cooked to perfection. The sides were a little limited but god none the less. Highly recommended. The Pub bar was a great atmosphere after dinner. Did breakfast the morning after. HORRIBLE pastries. Mini muffins were rocks the French toast was insulting and the bacon tough. Need more accurate labeling for cream cheeses and other condiments. Lox would be a great addition. Only if the bagels are fresh though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionDaveDined on 12/22/2013We attended the Sunday bruch to celebrate a dear friends birthday. At first they were going to sit us at an awkwardly placed table even though we had reservations. The staff was responsive in changing our table to a more comfortable table. The food and service was good and we enjoyed our day. I have to say it was on the costly side taking the price per person and the aded service charges. I would recommend this restaurant but would stress the cost factor which would prevent me from coming back as often. The atmosphere was very nice. We enjoyed the background music and the magician.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itdoublegDined on 12/14/2013The night we went they booked a Wedding reception. They had the coctail hour in the main lobby above us. For that whole time it was VERY noisey with kids running all around. Due to the bad weather, there were only five tables with people for the buffet. One large group and 4 couples. I would expect, with so few patrons the service would be good. But the reverse was true. The staff took advantage of the "slow night" and the service was awful. We had to wait for our server to appear every time. It took 15 minutes just to order a bottle of wine to begin our meal. The bread was not freash, the potato chips were worse, and the Roast Beef was tough to eat. Not worth the $190.00 I spent to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- Romantic TreatSandpiperDined on 12/7/2013The Atrium at the Doral Arrowwood was recommended to us by friends. The evening was terrific. The buffet was varied, the food fresh, and the value was great. The chef's continually monitored the buffet items, and small hot trays were refreshed when needed. There were no large trays of anything to keep everything fresh. The pasta to order station was a great way to sample many sauces and ingredients. There was a four piece band that was perfect for the room. Not overloud, and mixed holiday tunes with pop selections. We danced the night away. The wait staff was fantastic. Attentive, but not intrusive. A Westchester treasure for a special night. Will definitively go back with guests......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh yah!BillDined on 11/16/2013The Saturday night buffet now is not as good as the summer buffet or Sunday brunch. The views are great and the atmosphere is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and theCynthiaDined on 9/7/2013The food was good and the staff is very friendly. Nice place to have a family gathering which we did for my husband's birthday that day. I had my wedding there 4 years ago and we seen the captain plus the matre d who remembered our wedding, they were both so nice to us. Great memories, I love this place.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013My family and I celebrated a birthday at the Atrium. We enjoyed their lavish seafood extravaganza buffet dinner while listening to a live band. We danced, laughed and had a wonderful time. The service staff was extremely courteous and attentive. All in all, a memorable, enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Saturday night dinnerRaider47Dined on 5/11/2013The Saturday night dinner dance at Doral Arrowwood is exceptional; the food is varied and outstanding, the service great, and the music and dancing add to the fun, making it a great all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was decent but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2013The food was decent but the wait staff was not properly trained or supervised. There was no attention to detail, like bringing hot water for tea or instructing the guest about what was offered. There was a 29%surcharge put on the bill automatically which was very unexpected and not deserved. Everything seemed tired and a little rundown.
- The brunch usually has somethinggmanDined on 3/17/2013The brunch usually has something for everyone. The food has not been consistent over the years, but we usually try to go at least once or twice a year to celebrate. A magician makes his rounds but I am not a fan of him, the rest of my table always enjoys the tricks, but I just want to eat and catch-up and not see a guy perform tricks. They replaced the magician who is usually there so that means he makes himself known. Worth the try at least once.Special Features:
- A Disappointed Regular DinerFoodLover22Dined on 3/3/2013We have enjoyed brunch at the Atrium numerous times often with family and friends for special occasions. On Sunday we were there for our anniversary.This time the quality of the food was not the same. The salad bar had a tasteless quinoa salad and kale salad, the field greens had only a few tiny slivers of portobello mushrooms and the shrimp had to be peeled. Not what you expect at a quality brunch. The omelette was burned.-very disappointing. The paella was nothing like an authentic dish. There was NO flavor to the rice. I could continue but won't.Special Features:
- always enjoyable I recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013always enjoyable I recommend this place to every who enjoys a great brunch.Special Features:
- The Saturday night dinner-danceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2013The Saturday night dinner-dance at the Atrium is one of the few places around to enjoy dinner and dancing. The buffet dinner is varied and the food is generally good. However, you go to dance to the live band -- it's like going to a wedding, but there's no gift to bring.
- grand assortment of food atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012grand assortment of food at the Saturday evening buffet.Good music to dance to. Wonderful bar for cocktails prior o dinner.Always wonderful and comfortable surrounding.Could not have asked for a nicer evening.Special Features:
- Get the word out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Attendance was very light for a Saturday night. That's a shame because the food was great and the service was excellent. Get the word out!Special Features:
- Don't eat the rest of the dayAnonymousVIPDined on 9/2/2012Went for brunch and thought it was very well done. Often brunch is a lot of so-so food that's been sitting out too long. This was quite high quality, and even though I am vegetarian, there was lots to eat. However, the price tag, of $55 makes it something I would only do on a special occasion. I am not one of those people who, seeing a buffet, eats enough for a week. So the meal I had, while good, was overvalued at that price. However, I realize that by having such variety and good quality food, that the price is reflective of what they put out. I just don't eat a lot of that food, and don't like to walk away from a meal feeling uncomfortably full.Special Features:
- Regular diners seem to beraywatVIPDined on 5/20/2012Regular diners seem to be second class citizens. Very large parties in the private rooms and in the main dining room completely overwhelm the buffet lines. And the noise level is not to be believed. We will not go back.
- The food was good but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2012The food was good but nothing special. The service was great, the food came on time and the waiter was really nice. The ambiance wasn't very good, the decor looks old and there wasn't too many people (we went on a weekday) so it was kind of sad, maybe it's because it's such a big dinning room that I felt like isolated. I think is a great place to go for a brunch but if you want to have a date with your husband I would prefer to go to a more trendy place.
- Although we were surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012Although we were surprised that there was not an al a Carte menu, the buffet was amazing. the best I've ever had. the variety was more than plentiful. enough of a selection to fit anyone's needs/tastes. The maitre dee was charming and helpful. It was expensive but not overpriced for what we had.Special Features:
- The maitre'd that eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012The maitre'd that evening was excellent! Kudos to him.Special Features:
- Very disappointing . I resentfoodsearcherVIPDined on 4/15/2012Very disappointing . I resent being charged 18 percent gratuity for serving myself with very little attempt to even clear the table or provide utensils.
- Great food, bad tip policyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2012The food was delicious - there WAS a menu, but the waiter didn't want to give it to us! The buffet was HUGE and even the "appetizer and salad bar" version of the buffet included more than enough lunch choices - and that was reasonable. The one thing that really, really irks me is that they charge an 18% "service charge" for EACH AND EVERY PERSON, regardless of whether the service is excellent or horrible. They can't call it a "gratuity" because a gratuity is "something given without claim or demand." You have NO CHOICE. This restaurant clearly caters to corporate types, so maybe they don't care. We really thought the food was terrific, so if I were nearby, I wouldn't hesitate to return here except for that stupid tip thing.