12012 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arsenalbar.com/
- Phone: 3105755511
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5pm - 10pm Saturday & Sunday 6pm - 10pm Late Night Menu Sun-Thur 10pm - 11pm Late Night Menu Fri & Sat 10pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday: DJ starts at 9pm Friday & Saturday: DJ starts at 10:00pm
- Special Events: Great rooms for private parties, after work happy hours or any special events.
A word from The Arsenal
The Arsenal is a Bar & Restaurant located in West Los Angeles. The cocktail menu is a mix of classic cocktails and inventive new cocktails. The beer list offers craft and micro breweries as well as traditional beers. The Cuisine is mostly American, including two incredible Filet Mignons, Premium Burgers, tasty Mac & Cheese, Chicken & Beef Sliders, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Wings, Pizzas, Mac & Cheese Fries or Mac & Cheese Pizza, Poutine Fries and salads. For dessert, Beignet Battered Oreos or a Chocolate Brownie Happy Hour is Mon-Fri 5pm-8pm & Sat-Sun 6pm-9pm. Happy Hour offers a selection of food from $3-$6, $3 House Wine, $3 Well Cocktails, $5 Cocktail Special and $2 off All Beers Wed, Thurs & Sun DJ's start at 9pm Fri & Sat DJ's start spinning at 10pm. The Arsenal has a classic dining room with it's own bar, great for parties. A covered and heated patio that works great for private parties. The main bar room has a lush and comfortable lounge area perfect for Happy HouContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Arsenal reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great placeLuvgreatfoodDined on 10/26/2013The ambiance is very nice. A little loud but overall a really great place. The food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeJulioDined on 10/26/2013This is the 3rd time we as a group meet at The Arsenal and it's been always a great experience. No minimum required to reserve, waiters are very friendly and willing to help you. The fact that we can have individual bills is a plus in a large group. Happy hour experience is excellent. If you have a large group reunion, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac n Cheese fries!youngin607Dined on 9/27/2013We got some sliders, wings, and the Mac n Cheese fries. Favorite were the fries! Huge portion, delicious waffle fries with a lot of mac n cheese on top! Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was REALLY LOUD, thinkgabyVIPDined on 8/16/2013It was REALLY LOUD, think they have a college crowd since SMC is close by. BUT...the service was great, the burgers & fries were as well, cocktails were epic, I would go back just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/10/2013Good place to come for a casual movie and dinner evening. The food is very good. We usually are there early and are not bothered too much by the noise, but this visit was somewhat bothersome from a noise standpoint with lots of "energy" by those enjoying a sporting event at the bar. We will return, however, because we enjoy the food, the wait staff are exceptionally pleasant and professional, and you can't beat the prices, especially during very generous happy hour specials times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJcf25Dined on 6/25/2013Great place to hang out for happy hour or anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drink Here Maybe, But Skip DinnerWaldoDined on 5/24/2013I was looking for a nice restaurant to take a date. This was definitely not it. We sat in the older side of the building. The decor is interesting & comfortable. Quiet, which I like for a date. Poor marks for the TV's and the food though. Sitting at a dimly lit table with the hockey game flickering above your head sure kills the ambiance. The food is what really motivated me to write a review. I had the chicken salad. It had all the right ingredients, but was badly prepared. "Dehydrated chicken over burnt garlic" would be a better name for the dish. Having said all that, the bar looks nice and if you were looking for a place to drink and watch a game, perhaps this place would suit you.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013I like the ambience if this bar and love that a game is always on when I go. Great snack food and good waitresses.Special Features:
- The Arsenal is a great SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013The Arsenal is a great Saturday night, drinks, cocktail, bar food, loud music kind of place. Great for groups/parties. We all had so much fun!Special Features:
- I had a birthday pre-partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I had a birthday pre-party here and booked a table for 8 at 7 PM on a Saturday. Our server was very good and let us know when it was last call for happy hour orders (yes, happy hour is until 8PM on Saturdays!). The place wasn't too crowded yet, so we could all hear each other. I love the ambiance, with its old-school furnishings and antique gun motif. The bar area gets a lot more lively later on, so that's also usually a fun time.Special Features:
- I did an online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2013I did an online reservation for 14 people and we spent a great, great time. We got there around 6 pm for the hapy hour and the drinks were good. The service was awesome. The waiter that helped us was very friendly and helpful when it came to the biling process. We sat in the patio section but the heaters kept it warm. This is the second time we gather at The Arsenal and we will continue doing it. Overall we were very satisfied. Thank youSpecial Features:
- I think that there needs toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013I think that there needs to be more of a variety of music.Special Features:
- We had a large party so weOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/12/2013We had a large party so we were placed in the outdoor area which is fine since they have only an open ceiling and plenty of heat lamps. It can get a bit crowded and noisy but if you're in for energy, it is perfect. Our server Marie and the Drew the bartender were very attenttive despite them being understaffed which is a bad call on the manager's part. Very professional and friendly. Food was marginal but drinks were good and service was great.Special Features:
- $81.00 for 3 burgers and 3drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012$81.00 for 3 burgers and 3drinks not including the tip was a waste of time and $$.
- Fun happy hour, great beers,ThereetressDined on 9/14/2012Fun happy hour, great beers, very good appetizers and terrible parking. Nice bartenders though! Stop in if you see a parking space!Special Features:
- Our favorite after work hangOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012Our favorite after work hang out. They have a great happy hour that lasts until 7PM. The Arsenal is divided into three sections. It's got something for everyone. There is an open outside patio with tall bar tables and booths. Inside there is a casual hip bar atmosphere and just past that is a great section that looks much older with red vinyl booths. Cocktails and food are always good and the staff is pleasant and helpful. Valet makes it a hassle free visit so don't bother searching for parking.Special Features:
- Everything was great exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Everything was great except they didn't listen to the reservation and put us in the dining room and then told me that's what i made the reservation for.
- Great find!danaDined on 8/4/2012I celebrated my birthday here with 40 of my friends. It was the perfect spot for good drinks, great food and fun dancing!Special Features:
- We didn't go because the placeevieVIPDined on 7/15/2012We didn't go because the place was too dark and we didn't like the atmosphere. We may just be too old for the place.
- More of a bar than restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2012More of a bar than restaurant, but the food was good.Special Features:
- I remember the Arsenal fromlittledisappointedVIPDined on 6/12/2012I remember the Arsenal from the old days when it was a local dive with a pool table and best jukebox in town; several years ago the new owners took over, cleaned the place up, fired the former staff and downgraded the menu as well as took down many of the weapons (ie the arsenal). Now the music is updated (somewhat generic) and the place is very loud. Still a good local spot but i do miss the jukebox, pool, "flo" type waitress, and oldtime seediness. Don't get me wrong...whenever I go I enjoy myself, but los angeles lost a little of its character by the upgrade.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012I really enjoyed the atmosphere and there was sufficient space for groups. It may get a bit noisy but overall, great experience. Food was good. The burgers, filet mignon, beer/wine selection and pizza were good.Special Features:
- I have been looking at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/26/2012I have been looking at this restaurant on Open Table for a few weeks. Finally got to go last week. Just not my kind of place. If you want a quiet, cholesterol free meal with a good glass of wine. This is not for you. The DJ shows up at 9P...when we got there....and all hope of conversation was lost. Wine was okay. But, to their credit, if you want a wicked basket of fries....this is your kinda place. Most redeeming of all...our waitress. She was great!
- Promptly seated, waitressDeadheadEdVIPDined on 1/26/2012Promptly seated, waitress very professional and personable, food was average, noise level high. Management unfamiliar with OPEN TABLE benefits and had to wait a while until they figured out how (or if) they would honor coupon. They eventually did.Special Features:
- Nice environment for groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2012Nice environment for group gatherings (chats with friends, etc) at the area "smoke allowed" which is next to the bar and technically outside the bar. It is partially shielded from the noise that starts around 10PM. Extended happy hours are attractive; just make sure when you order, that the item is included in the happy hour menu, we had at least two items surprising us as not being listed on the menu, when we had clearly indicated to the waitress that we had ordered from the "Happy" menu.Special Features:
- Drinks and food were fine,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Drinks and food were fine, but service was slow. We had asked for food menus, which came about 20 minutes later. After a long wait, the waitress finally arrived to take our food order. I told her we getting very hungry waiting for so long. Rather than apologizing, she back with answer to the effect of "can't you see how busy we are." Pretty rude, really. And or course it took ages for the food arrive. All forgivable, save for the attitude.Special Features:
- interesting local bar withlittledisappointedVIPDined on 10/12/2011interesting local bar with food; not gourmet but smiling service, good drinks and pretty good steak; considering the price point a relative bargainSpecial Features:
- Love this place! It is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2011Love this place! It is great for groups, accommodating reservations and separate tabs. It is also a great spot to go on a date or to have a chill night out with a friend or two. Food has its hits and misses. From this visit: sliders (beef and chicken), burgers, Fries, guacamole - hits! Pasta was good in taste, but was a bit cold on the temperature side. The quesadillas - 2 in our group ordered them, 1 came with barely any cheese, 1 came with way too much cheese. Our server Lynn was great as always. Never a complaint about the service here!Special Features:
- Multiple options for seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2011Multiple options for seating environments. Alex the manager providers good personal customer service.Special Features:
- NON-SMOKERS BEWAREHungryHippoVIPDined on 8/3/2011Smoking was outlawed in City of LA restaurants in March. Yet for some reason, this restaurant not only turns a blind eye, it provides ashtrays on the tables. It's gross. The food options are good enough, but coming home smelling like I spent the night sleeping over at Phillip Morris' house is enough to keep me away.
- Food was amazingly deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011Food was amazingly delicious for a "bar food" menu, ambiance was fantastic, and the happy hour specials are a steal. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Food and service were reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2011Food and service were really good. We had a great time there.Special Features:
- Other than a horrible bartender,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2011Other than a horrible bartender, the waitress we had was lovely, the food was delicious and the ambiance is great.Special Features:
- It's a bar! It's a resaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/15/2011It's a bar! It's a resaurant! It's got happy hour til 8 pm and yummy sliders. I love this place!!!
- this is a great place forNathalieDined on 4/7/2011this is a great place for after-work Happhy Hours but unfortunately since the remodel, the place has become over booked. We use to get the table's we requested in the very beggining, but the last few times unfortunately we never get we originally had requested. I made these reservations a few days ahead. Also, the service and wait time for drinks has become horrible. They do not have enough staff on hand on the busiest nights, and some of the new waitresses are unfriendly, and have attitude problems. Hire more help!Special Features:
- Go there now!TraciDined on 3/31/2011I was a bit reluctant to dine at a bar, but the food was delicious! They serve a variety of everything, mostly focused on American bar food, but even their guacamole was top-notch! I was very impressed by the meal, and they had lots of appealing Happy Hour specials as well. Even though it is a bit far from me, I am planning on going back as soon as possible! Great experience, I would definitely recommend! And you can't go wrong with anything you order. We even tried the mac&cheese pizza - what's not to love?Special Features:
- Great and very creative cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2011Great and very creative cocktail and food options. The most creative food items are very decadent (mac and cheese pizza) and tasty.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2011The food and service were exceptionl and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- I thought this place was aSusanDined on 3/11/2011I thought this place was a restaurant -- however it is a bar (very young) with food as an afterthought. If you want a rowdy place then this is the place for you. Even in the restaurant area, there is a bar and flat screen TV.Special Features:
- Had a nice time, but unfortunatelyNathalieDined on 3/10/2011Had a nice time, but unfortunately I did not get the table that I had originally reserved for my large party. I wasn't called of the change, so when I arrived I was told by the hostess. I asked to speak to the manager (who wasn't the usual one) but the hostess then told me he wasn't there, when clearly he was and just didn't want to deal with me.Special Features: