The Arrogant Butcher
2 E. Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Arrogant Butcher
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: 6023248502
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thu 11am - 9pm
Fri 11am - 10pm
Sat 12pm - 10pm
Dinner 4pm - 10pm
Mon – Sat 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Claspill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: During Saturday Brunch we will feature a DJ.
A word from The Arrogant Butcher
Already an iconic downtown Phoenix landmark, the bar at The Arrogant Butcher is one of the only places where sports fans and theater-goers can enjoy a burger and a beer next to some of Arizona’s top politicians. Behind the drawn curtains of the three private dining rooms, one may find bachelorettes toasting former freedoms, important legislation being discussed, or pre-concert parties warming up for the night’s big event. The Arrogant Butcher offers you the best of everything – seafood, steaks, draft beer, wine and cocktails, comfort food and good company. So if you’re looking for downtown’s only place to be seen, look no further than the corner of Jefferson and 1st.Continued
Look no further than the Arrogant Butcher.
Look no further than the Arrogant Butcher.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Arrogant Butcher - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
The Arrogant Butcher reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (75)hot spot (63)fit for foodies (59)vibrant bar scene (58)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (55)special occasion (46)great for outdoor dining (41)late-night find (36)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (20)romantic (15)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Cheap foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I ordered taboulieh and they served me a garden salad with quino . They described it as their variation. I don't believe the dish even in variation should have ice burg lettuce .Special Features:
- My favorite downtown restaurantEatNowEatGoodDined on 8/12/2014Our latest reservation for dinner occurred the night of the Paul McCartney concert which was also the rainiest day in Phoenix I have ever experienced. I was a little worried when the lobby was jammed with soaking wet bodies and feared the unexpected deluge might create havoc with our reservation. Not to worry as we were seated on time and our server never skipped a beat. Dinner was delicious --I had the filet and my husband had the salmon. Great choices but I feel that way about most things on the menu. If you need a decent meal before a game or a concert, this is your go-to place. The noise was overwhelming--and the extra bodies at the door might have caused that--but food and service more than made up for it. Try the pretzels...yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeealmandarzDined on 8/8/2014Please go here, get the tur key pastrami and for u bourbon lovers, get old fashion, but ask for a shot of the angels envySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but ...JeurjinaDined on 8/6/2014The service and food were excellent, but it would be nice if there were a couple more meal selections without meat or fish. With the exception of the $5 Simple Chopped Salad, all the main salads have one or the other. Parking was atrocious, but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Lunch was wonderfulToyZDined on 8/6/2014This was the second time that we have gone to Arrogant Butcher. Both times the food was very good. The only "advice" that could be given is to slice the steak thinly and place it on top of the steak salad. By cutting it into small pieces and tossing it with the salad, the salad didn't appear to contain any steak when it arrived. We asked the waiter if they had forgotten the steak and he said that it was "mixed in". This is more of a presentation than a quality issue. The jambalaya was wonderful - lots of shrimp, sausage and chicken with just the right amount of heat.Special Features:
- Another great fox restaurant!!KristyDined on 7/31/2014Great service by Paulie- knowledgable, fast & helpful! Great menu - love meat & cheese platters, entrees & dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food!skull3123Dined on 7/30/2014The pretzels and fondue were fantastic as was the short rib stew.Special Features:
- Great business lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014It was a great place for a business lunch - just make sure you make a reservation as it was very busy on the day I went. The french dip was awesome. Our food came quickly. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good RestaurantPunkBrockDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I had heard that the AB was a decent place. I had a filet, my wife had the sweet potato tortelli. We have been to Culinary Dropout and can't help but notice the similarities in between both, aside from the fact that AB is a slight step above CD in our overall experience. Very similar menus..... It's worth it.Special Features:
- What is there to be arrogant about?GirlsnightreviewsDined on 7/19/2014This was our first and likely last visit. We were seated promptly. That was the best service we got. Our waiter was knowledgable about the menu but was slow, inattentive and hard to find. The food was not impressive, zucchini fritters were mushy and shrimp over cooked and rubbery.. Not really sure why this Butcher should be so arrogant.. I'd be more ashamed than anything!
- Post-Game LunchTucsonDinerDined on 7/19/2014We had a late lunch after the WNBA All-Star Game. Since this place is located across the street from the US Airways Center, it fills up before and after games, so reservations are a good idea! The service was prompt and cheerful, and our wine and appetizer were delivered within a few minutes of ordering. We started with the delicious marinated olives, and lunched on the Chicken Tabbouleh Salad and BLT; both were delicious.Special Features:
- Stadium Close Dining with Good FoodJedkydhoVIPDined on 7/18/2014We stopped in here to have lunch prior to a basketball game as they were across the street from the stadium. I ordered the Ribs with the fries and cole slaw and my wife had the fish and chips with the fries and cole slaw. The food was above average but, not over the top as it did not exceed my expectations. The service was very good and attentive which made it pleasant but, beware as this place will fill up fast and things start to slow down. Also, they will open precisely at the opening hour regardless of the weather outside. The price is little bit high but, what isn't nowadays. It is within walking distance of most of the downtown hotels and is worth checking out.Special Features:
- Downtown DiningRParadiseDined on 7/15/2014My favorite go to place when attending any downtown events. Food is always good, but make a reservation as it gets packed early if there is an event going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I picked the wrong thingJethroVIPDined on 7/14/2014Perhaps I'm weird, but I don't think Chicken and Crab should go together on the same dish. I was skeptical but the bartender said it was his favorite. Anyway, after a couple bites of the dry breaded chicken and the sprinkle of crab meat I pushed it away. Oh and capers, really? Thankfully they understood and were graceful enough to comp the meal and the drink I ordered. I'll go back one day but be more careful what I order.Special Features:
- Lunch with friendsFreein2000Dined on 7/11/2014I was very disappointed in my lunch. I have been there many times and have always loved the food but not this time. I ordered a hamburger, which I have had before, but this was terrible. It tasted like a frozen patty, cooked earlier in the day and reheated. Will never have that again. Another person at lunch also ordered the burger and was very disappointed and it was her first time there.Special Features:
- Solid and dependableMikeDined on 7/9/2014I have been to the Butcher several times. It is one of the few consistent mid-range restaurants near my office in downtown Phoenix. The menu is somewhat limited, but the food is good and is consistent. Nothing is particularly outstanding, but I don't recall ever having a bad meal there, nor anyone I have dined with. The service is extremely attentive. I really like the ambiance - interesting decor and good energy.Special Features:
- Great Service Bad FoodnotwhatweexpectedDined on 7/5/2014We started off with mussels. 1/2 of them were closed. The others were tiny and looked non edible. We sent them back. Dinner was served cold. Very nice waitress. Could not complain about her. She did everything she could to try and make it right. Very disappointed since this restaurant was given 4 stars on open table. We will not be going back.
- Great vacation foodJw88Dined on 7/4/2014I got the Fish and Chips, which was very good, but since I'm a BIG eater, it wasn't quite enough. Outstanding staff and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular!simplycDined on 7/3/2014Awesome as usual! No surprises... Great service... Gem in phx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014The food was okay, I must have tried the wrong dish. I left feeling unsatisfied after eating the chicken stroganoff. The pretzel fondue was also not that great--the pretzels were just warmed--not freshly baked as I would have hoped.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceouttoeatDined on 6/28/2014We had the best service at Arrogant Butcher. He seamed to know everything on the menu and gave great details. We will return on a Friday night to try the cioppino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Pass UpYellowvettemanDined on 6/21/2014Was recommeded by a Fried that lives outside Phoenix. Everyone on our party (7) raved about the quality of food. I had the Prime Rib. Best I've had in years. This place exceeded my expectations and I own a restaurant in San Jose Ca.Special Features:
- Nice spot for casual lunch.RobertDined on 6/21/2014They have weird hours. Lots of business denied from Dbacks fans post game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing downtown Phoenix find!RebaDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I found this on Yelp! and have never felt more welcomed and attended to. From the moment our server Bryan opened the outside door with a bright smile, he made excellent recommendations and was very knowledgable about the menu. Local San Tan and Four Peaks brews were great with our appetizer, homemade pretzel balls with delicious cheese sauce. Couldn't eat them all and took four home. I had the outstanding turkey pastrami sandwich with added roasted peppers, which Bryan had recommended. Mouth watering! My husband had the three piece fried chicken drizzled with honey, with a buttermilk biscuit and creamy but vinegary cole slaw, and said it was almost as good as his Mama's in Georgia! We will be back on next visit to townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and fun!bigeaterDined on 6/14/2014Took my family there for father's day and they all loved it! Such a fun place to be and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCMack629Dined on 6/13/2014Another Fox gem with a price tag to match. But worth it. Food was amazing. Had the King crab Cioppino (Friday special) and it was absolutely delicious. Drinks were good and strong. Peanut butter cup dessert....wow. Server was excellent and very attentive, but was a little over the top in thanking us for our business about a dozen times. It was awkward to the point I just wanted him to go away.Special Features:
- Mix up with the checkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The check that was brought to us - was not ours and the correction was caught after we were outside the front door. Then it took the water about 10 minutes to get it corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014Fantastic chicken and crab - a new favorite of mineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch before Dbacks Tuesdayperky1Dined on 6/10/2014This is a great place with a good location. We got char charcuterie and cheese plates. I had an AZ Stronghold red blend, spouse had a German beer. It is expensive, but it was worth it. Great servers, ambience, manager stopped by, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbakerazVIPDined on 6/9/2014Always delicious food, fun atmosphere, and great service.Special Features:
- Beer and BitesBeerisgoodDined on 6/6/2014My mother-in-law and I go there for the beer & pretzel bites! Their dessert is fantastic as well...the caramel salted pudding is scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old staples freshened with flairluvnveggiesDined on 6/6/2014Enjoyed the checklist format for appetizers and you can order even just one oyster (delicious--flown in from Cape Cod) great way to encourage sampling. My partner ordered the brioche bun grilled chicken club with havarti, and was pleasantly surprised how flavorful the smoky tavern ham and bacon made it. The cheese and crusty bread should have come with razz cherry marmalade but didn't and I forgot to ask. Next time I'd like to sit at the counter since there you could watch the chefs preparing meals and that would be entertaining especially since everything being served looked delicious. Glad some local beers on tap, but would've liked a few more. Private dining room had nice local pics, but main room could benefit from some local color.Special Features:
- Plenty to be Arrogant AboutGEMSTONEVIPDined on 6/5/2014Plenty to be Arrogant about. The service is great. The food is great. It's a cool restaurant in a great location. It's worth the trip just to experience it.Special Features:
- Yumblakkat84Dined on 6/4/2014Delicious food. Must have the pretzels with cheese fondue. I had their soup of the day, chicken noodle, Delicious. Our waiter was quite busy with several tables so we didn't see him much, but he was friendly and we got food and drinks in a timely manner.Special Features:
- We were Amazed!AZJamiesDined on 6/1/2014We were amazed. The restaurant was packed since there was a Billy Joel concert that night. Through it all we were seated immediately at our reservation time. Service was prompt, attentive, friendly and efficient. The food was very good and we continue to find this an excellent spot for a meal prior to events downtown and in the US Airways arena.Special Features:
- First TimerLittleLindaDined on 5/31/2014Found you on Internet, Greatest Find!!!! Everything from the minute we walked in through Drinks, Dinner, Conversation, Everything was EXCELLANT!!!!Our Waiter, Bryan was Fantastic. The Manager Jamie came and sat down and took the time to visit... We can't wait to go back!!! We were there Saturday May 31, 2014.w are either coming in this Wed. June 4,2014 or Sat. June 7th... MMMmmmmmm good!!!!!Special Features:
- Great FoodKdef808Dined on 5/30/2014This is a very hip and upscale place, the food is pricey but worth it. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious !!! We will be going again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre & Post Game Destination Point!tedmanjrDined on 5/30/2014Whether you're going to a Suns, D-Backs, or Rattler's game, the Arrogant Butcher is the perfect way to start or end to a sporting activity. In the mood for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, lunch or dinner with that special someone, family or with friends? - the Arrogant Butcher has got you covered! It's a 5 star experience each and every time.Special Features:
- Great mealFoodluvrDined on 5/26/2014Our first visit and we loved it. Scallops, tortelli, and pork were all delicious. Fun atmosphere and not too loud for good conversation. Service was great.Special Features:
- First timercuriousforgoodfoodDined on 5/24/2014Had a wonderful dinner. Staff is amazing and most definitely we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.