The Arrogant Butcher
2 E. Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Arrogant Butcher
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: 6023248502
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thu 11am - 9pm
Fri 11am - 10pm
Sat 12pm - 10pm
Dinner 4pm - 10pm
Mon – Sat 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Claspill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: During Saturday Brunch we will feature a DJ.
A word from The Arrogant Butcher
Already an iconic downtown Phoenix landmark, the bar at The Arrogant Butcher is one of the only places where sports fans and theater-goers can enjoy a burger and a beer next to some of Arizona’s top politicians. Behind the drawn curtains of the three private dining rooms, one may find bachelorettes toasting former freedoms, important legislation being discussed, or pre-concert parties warming up for the night’s big event. The Arrogant Butcher offers you the best of everything – seafood, steaks, draft beer, wine and cocktails, comfort food and good company. So if you’re looking for downtown’s only place to be seen, look no further than the corner of Jefferson and 1st.Continued
Look no further than the Arrogant Butcher.
Look no further than the Arrogant Butcher.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Arrogant Butcher reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)hot spot (58)great for lunch (58)vibrant bar scene (57)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (49)special occasion (34)late-night find (24)great for outdoor dining (22)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (8)romantic (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- second visit as good as the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I hosted a business dinner here and wanted to try with a date. We were not disappointed. We pre concert and wait staff ensured we were able to make curtain. Jambalaya was really good. Se Bass not so much. Great espresso after dinner. The pedicabs lined up outside made for a quick trip to symphony hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for gamesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014great location for Chase Field/Convention Center, best restaurant we've been to when in town for gamesSpecial Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We enhoyed restaurant week at Arrogant Butcher. The menu selection is not huge, but they take pride in their food. Our courses were served promptly by different servers with smiles and excellent attention to detail, evidence every member of the crew takes pride in great service. The service was attentive and friendly from start to finish. The food was delicious and presented nicely. The air was energetic and bustling on a Friday night. I highly recommend reserving a table in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent chain .Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Start with a meat and cheese platter then move on to crab stuffed chicken with capers and finish off with salted caramel pudding. Delicious! We even had a glass of wine with dinner. Perfect. They validate parking. Great food and Jeremy was a top knotchnwaiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant DinnerTravelingDebDined on 9/25/2014First time to The Arrogant Butcher during Restaurant Week in Phoenix. Great menu with loads of delicious items daily, and the Restaurant Week Menu had the 3X3 items all looking mighty tasty. Hubby settled on the daily special - fried chicken and honey biscuit - delish! I had the RW special with hummus, green chile short rib stew, and the salted caramel pudding. Hits all around - especially the pudding. I'd go back again - make reservations if you go. Service was quite good!Special Features:
- Hip Downtown SpotCUParentDined on 9/20/2014Went there for restaurant week. Food was good. Service was outstanding, Ambiance was cool. Nice bar area. Right near downtown sports venues. I would go back just for the salted caramel pudding for dessert - it was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMorrisogVIPDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed restaurant week. Haven't been to a bad Fox restaurant yet. Liked the décor, service and wonderful food. The entire experience was awesome.Special Features:
- FabulousenjoyagoodmealDined on 9/20/2014We loved it. Their mussels were fabulous. Their ribs are out of this world.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014One thing I must say about Fox restaurants is that the service has been consistently good and the staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWhs64Dined on 9/18/2014Well recommended but just average food. Noisy. fair service, chicken special ok, pork very bland
- Fabulous!GigiDined on 9/15/2014It was my first time dining at The Arrogant Butcher and I must say I was flabbergasted! The food is amazingly delicious and the drink menu is fabulous! This is a true neighborhood gem. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to have a wonderful dinner experience. I had appetizers, a main course, and dessert and all courses were fantastic.Special Features:
- We were disappointed in the food.DisappointedDined on 9/15/2014Had colleagues visiting from the East. Told them what a great place Arrogant Butcher was. I was embarassed by the quality of the food. I had the Sweet Potato Tortelli which I've had numerous times. It was simply awful. Not hot, not flavourful, tortelli tough, just not good. One of the others had the stuffed chicken something and it was not good either. We were hungry and did not complain but I wish we had done so. The other person had the steak and she said it was okay. I was embarassed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Staff was very friendly, nice beer and wine list, food was great!Special Features:
- Our Fav Downtown SpitMelodyDined on 9/12/2014Salted Caramel pudding ! Need I say more?! Our favorite downtown Phoenix spot before a game or after the Symphony. Consistently good food & service. Fun drink list. PS: I wish they did their special dishes every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceShimdogDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Arrogant Butcher. The food was great and it was a fun atmosphere. The only complaints were it was a little noisy for talking with table guests, and they were out of menu items including the nightly special by 7:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014We went to dinner prior to a concert and I made a reservation as it was my husband's birthday. When we checked in with the hostest she greated us warmly and handed us over to our server which immediately said Happy Birthday to my Husband. Great first impression!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but loudSueBTruDined on 9/9/2014This is a great place for lunch but during the rush it gets very loud, especially in the main dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Always a good place to go before games, love the fish stew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cle51VIPDined on 8/30/2014I had my usually the Chinese Chicken Salad and this time that salad dressing was a little bland it had no flavor. But other that that it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebration not so muchyumyumyumVIPDined on 8/29/2014have been to arrogant butcher a lot - always enjoyed it but this time different energy and vibe. We had two out of towners in for birthdays - i heard the hostess metion to the person seating us. However we received no acknowledgement for a birthday food was decent enough, not outstanding - we'd try again but not for a special occasion like a birthday
- ExcellentGregDined on 8/25/2014Had a client in from out of state that was looking for something other than Southwestern fare (i.e. - wanted a good steak). Ordered the NY Strip. Excellent!! Just as delicious were the soft pretzels & fondue appetizer. Good environment. Vibrant but not too noisy. Perfect for entertaining clients.Special Features:
- Love this place.SeefooddietDined on 8/23/2014Food and beer selection was top notch. Prime rib was cooked to perfection. Only down side was the server was impossible to find and left our drinks empty. Other than that I will always recommend and always go back. Also want to note the interior decorations were unique with 1 off pieces. It was cool to look around and see things you never seen before. Anytime we are downtown we look forward to the arrogant butcher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPickyScotDined on 8/23/2014Great food but atmosphere did not match, just too casual! Server spilt drink as he put it on the table and didn't think to bring glass mat or napkin. Loved the peanut butter dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I ordered taboulieh and they served me a garden salad with quino . They described it as their variation. I don't believe the dish even in variation should have ice burg lettuce .Special Features:
- My favorite downtown restaurantEatNowEatGoodDined on 8/12/2014Our latest reservation for dinner occurred the night of the Paul McCartney concert which was also the rainiest day in Phoenix I have ever experienced. I was a little worried when the lobby was jammed with soaking wet bodies and feared the unexpected deluge might create havoc with our reservation. Not to worry as we were seated on time and our server never skipped a beat. Dinner was delicious --I had the filet and my husband had the salmon. Great choices but I feel that way about most things on the menu. If you need a decent meal before a game or a concert, this is your go-to place. The noise was overwhelming--and the extra bodies at the door might have caused that--but food and service more than made up for it. Try the pretzels...yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeealmandarzDined on 8/8/2014Please go here, get the tur key pastrami and for u bourbon lovers, get old fashion, but ask for a shot of the angels envySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but ...JeurjinaDined on 8/6/2014The service and food were excellent, but it would be nice if there were a couple more meal selections without meat or fish. With the exception of the $5 Simple Chopped Salad, all the main salads have one or the other. Parking was atrocious, but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Lunch was wonderfulToyZDined on 8/6/2014This was the second time that we have gone to Arrogant Butcher. Both times the food was very good. The only "advice" that could be given is to slice the steak thinly and place it on top of the steak salad. By cutting it into small pieces and tossing it with the salad, the salad didn't appear to contain any steak when it arrived. We asked the waiter if they had forgotten the steak and he said that it was "mixed in". This is more of a presentation than a quality issue. The jambalaya was wonderful - lots of shrimp, sausage and chicken with just the right amount of heat.Special Features:
- Another great fox restaurant!!KristyDined on 7/31/2014Great service by Paulie- knowledgable, fast & helpful! Great menu - love meat & cheese platters, entrees & dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food!skull3123Dined on 7/30/2014The pretzels and fondue were fantastic as was the short rib stew.Special Features:
- Great business lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014It was a great place for a business lunch - just make sure you make a reservation as it was very busy on the day I went. The french dip was awesome. Our food came quickly. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good RestaurantPunkBrockDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I had heard that the AB was a decent place. I had a filet, my wife had the sweet potato tortelli. We have been to Culinary Dropout and can't help but notice the similarities in between both, aside from the fact that AB is a slight step above CD in our overall experience. Very similar menus..... It's worth it.Special Features:
- What is there to be arrogant about?GirlsnightreviewsDined on 7/19/2014This was our first and likely last visit. We were seated promptly. That was the best service we got. Our waiter was knowledgable about the menu but was slow, inattentive and hard to find. The food was not impressive, zucchini fritters were mushy and shrimp over cooked and rubbery.. Not really sure why this Butcher should be so arrogant.. I'd be more ashamed than anything!
- Post-Game LunchTucsonDinerDined on 7/19/2014We had a late lunch after the WNBA All-Star Game. Since this place is located across the street from the US Airways Center, it fills up before and after games, so reservations are a good idea! The service was prompt and cheerful, and our wine and appetizer were delivered within a few minutes of ordering. We started with the delicious marinated olives, and lunched on the Chicken Tabbouleh Salad and BLT; both were delicious.Special Features:
- Stadium Close Dining with Good FoodJedkydhoVIPDined on 7/18/2014We stopped in here to have lunch prior to a basketball game as they were across the street from the stadium. I ordered the Ribs with the fries and cole slaw and my wife had the fish and chips with the fries and cole slaw. The food was above average but, not over the top as it did not exceed my expectations. The service was very good and attentive which made it pleasant but, beware as this place will fill up fast and things start to slow down. Also, they will open precisely at the opening hour regardless of the weather outside. The price is little bit high but, what isn't nowadays. It is within walking distance of most of the downtown hotels and is worth checking out.Special Features:
- Downtown DiningRParadiseDined on 7/15/2014My favorite go to place when attending any downtown events. Food is always good, but make a reservation as it gets packed early if there is an event going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I picked the wrong thingJethroVIPDined on 7/14/2014Perhaps I'm weird, but I don't think Chicken and Crab should go together on the same dish. I was skeptical but the bartender said it was his favorite. Anyway, after a couple bites of the dry breaded chicken and the sprinkle of crab meat I pushed it away. Oh and capers, really? Thankfully they understood and were graceful enough to comp the meal and the drink I ordered. I'll go back one day but be more careful what I order.Special Features:
- Lunch with friendsFreein2000Dined on 7/11/2014I was very disappointed in my lunch. I have been there many times and have always loved the food but not this time. I ordered a hamburger, which I have had before, but this was terrible. It tasted like a frozen patty, cooked earlier in the day and reheated. Will never have that again. Another person at lunch also ordered the burger and was very disappointed and it was her first time there.Special Features:
- Solid and dependableMikeDined on 7/9/2014I have been to the Butcher several times. It is one of the few consistent mid-range restaurants near my office in downtown Phoenix. The menu is somewhat limited, but the food is good and is consistent. Nothing is particularly outstanding, but I don't recall ever having a bad meal there, nor anyone I have dined with. The service is extremely attentive. I really like the ambiance - interesting decor and good energy.Special Features:
- Great Service Bad FoodnotwhatweexpectedDined on 7/5/2014We started off with mussels. 1/2 of them were closed. The others were tiny and looked non edible. We sent them back. Dinner was served cold. Very nice waitress. Could not complain about her. She did everything she could to try and make it right. Very disappointed since this restaurant was given 4 stars on open table. We will not be going back.