The Arrogant Butcher
2 E. Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Arrogant Butcher
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: (602) 324-8502
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thu 11am - 9pm
Fri 11am - 10pm
Sat 12pm - 10pm
Dinner 4pm - 10pm
Mon – Sat 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Claspill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: During Saturday Brunch we will feature a DJ.
A word from The Arrogant Butcher
Already an iconic downtown Phoenix landmark, the bar at The Arrogant Butcher is one of the only places where sports fans and theater-goers can enjoy a burger and a beer next to some of Arizona’s top politicians. Behind the drawn curtains of the three private dining rooms, one may find bachelorettes toasting former freedoms, important legislation being discussed, or pre-concert parties warming up for the night’s big event. The Arrogant Butcher offers you the best of everything – seafood, steaks, draft beer, wine and cocktails, comfort food and good company. So if you’re looking for downtown’s only place to be seen, look no further than the corner of Jefferson and 1st.Continued
Look no further than the Arrogant Butcher.
Look no further than the Arrogant Butcher.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Arrogant Butcher reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (49)good for groups (46)great for lunch (45)vibrant bar scene (41)great for outdoor dining (27)special occasion (25)late-night find (23)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (6)scenic view (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Wonderful indoor/outdoor dining in DT Phx!KaymDined on 11/22/2014The facility is beautiful with an amazing bar and indoor/outdoor space. The menu was very limited with not much of an assortment. I expected more selection. The entrees were good, not exceptional. Food prices were fair. Definitely their strength is in bar service and spirits. Food not as good as I thought it would be. Average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeChwanceDined on 11/15/2014The food and the service was top notch!!!! I had the filet rare and they cooked it perfectly. My girlfriend had the salmon and it was moist ant tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Location, Great Drinks, Good FoodLadieswithBabiesDined on 11/14/2014Went here for a girls' night out. The food was really good, the drinks were delicious, and the atmosphere fun. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrogant I'm not...IamvrysweetDined on 11/14/2014I had been to the Arrogant Butcher before (for lunch) and greatly enjoyed my experience. When my anniversary came up, my bf and I thought it would be fantastic to dine there, and have a celebratory meal, before heading to the Suns game. The food was awesome! We had a few items from the happy hour menu and my bf ordered the hamburger. We were very satisfied. The service was so-so. Being that I made my reservation on Open Table, I was able to specify we were celebrating our anniversary. I was a bit disappointed that none of the staff acknowledged the special occasion. No biggie...it didn't detract from the great time we had and the awesome food we experienced. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJEEKDined on 11/12/2014Four of us went for dinner before a basketball game. Great waiter - made excellent suggestions and provided information. We all got something different (after having the pretzel appetizer - yum!). Everything was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.MichaelVIPDined on 11/12/2014Another great fox concept resturant. The food was outstanding and the service wonderful. Never had to ask for a refill on anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PassableMikesnixterDined on 11/11/2014Dinner here was greatly anticipated. However, the food was just ok. Pretzel appetizer was great. The SeaBass was overcooked and under seasoned. The butter sauce was spicy (I had this on the side), but without the sauce the fish was very bland. I originally ordered the Shortrib Stew but was not told it was spicy. After finding that the stew was spicy I was offered another choice which was great customer service. However, it wasn't noticed that I didn't eat much of the Seabass (due to the fish being overcooked). So I didn't have an opportunity to voice an opinion. The server seemed to be in a hurry see us leave.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-Concert ExperienceLB1220Dined on 11/10/2014This is an excellent stop prior to taking in an event at the US Airways center. The location is perfect for walking distance. The food is incredible! I had the special that evening and was in food heaven! I highly recommend, be sure to make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super yummy. Very attentive.GirlsNightOutDined on 11/7/2014Will be back and have already told friends, posted on FB, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014We were in Phoenix on vacation and came to the Arrogant Butcher. Not knowing there was a basketball game we made reservations at 7pm and when we showed up found the restaurant packed. Our waiter, Westley (?) was I think the best waiter we have ever had, pacing, attention to detail and suggestions were spot on! Food and martinis were delicious also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMichaeleneDined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent as was the service. Our waiter was really greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can always count on the ButcherBeckyVIPDined on 10/30/2014I never hesitate to recommend Arrogant Butcher for Happy Hour or lunch. Always solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pick!AllergicToEverythingVIPDined on 10/28/2014This place was great - the location is prime and just steps away from the Palomar hotel. If you are looking for some local talent, check out the Arrogant Butcher! I have major food allergies and not only were they patient and didn't see me as a pain, they were extremely supportive and accommodating! They have a creative and colorful cocktail list and the menu is diverse without being overwhelming. The food was fresh and fantastic. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Great downtown restaurantsandyjVIPDined on 10/28/2014At lunch, the parking is a challenge but this is a fun place to meet for a downtown lunch. The service is attentive without being annoying, and my guests always enjoy themselves. The menu is large enough so that there is something for ALMOST everyone. My favorite - the Chinese chicken salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Downtown NightBaileysdineDined on 10/25/2014It was a very busy downtown night in Phoenix when we went to Arrogant Butcher. Heavy metal concert right across the street and all of the ghost and goblins were out for Halloween events in the area. We were about 5 min late on our arrival but the restaurant still honored our reservation without an issue. This restaurant does not disappoint on energy and fantastic atmosphere. But with everything happening we did get the feeling of a rushed kitchen. 3 of us had order salads and about 5 min of them coming out the entrees arrived. Even with this the food was fantastic. Our entrees were: Pork Carnitas, Beef Short Rib Stew, Crab Stuffed Chicken and Fish & Chips. There was nothing left on any of our plates!!Special Features:
- Great downtown locationmhkolmanVIPDined on 10/23/2014We ate outside by cityscape before a show at Herberger. Service was excellent - we told server we were going to show and we made it easily. Fried chicken special was wonderful - juicy and tasty. Fish and chips also good - best I've had in a long time. Very pleasant atmosphere. Great choice before a show, concert, or game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast lunch serviceDbgdfryDined on 10/20/2014it was important to our group to be served promptly and quickly, we had no problems and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchcle51VIPDined on 10/18/2014the Chinese Chicken salad and the pretzel bites were awesomeSpecial Features:
- Very nice eveningSurpriseBRDined on 10/17/2014An evening at the Symphony started with a great dinner at the Arrogant Butcher Excellent service. Great food. And timely. We were able to have a great dinner and still make it to the Symphony on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter Jeremy outstandingCB2014Dined on 10/17/2014Jeremy our waiter was excellent. Very knowledgeable about menu. Made recommendations on drinks and food. Recognized other team members who assisted him. Evening of dinning very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was great and liked the choice of menu items.Special Features:
- Great for a business lunchbizchickDined on 10/17/2014I made a reservation and was a little disappointed to be placed in the bar area, but it was no big deal. The wait staff was extremely pleasant and efficient. I ordered the Turkey Pastrami Sandwich whish was AMAZING! This was the perfect place for a quick business lunch.Special Features:
- Good food, efficient serviceweeatoutDined on 10/16/2014Sam Fox always seems to nail a concept. We liked the pick and choose cheese, meat, etc. platter. The bar always has something interesting to offer. The food was well prepared and tasty. The servers were friendly, polite and efficient.Special Features:
- nice casual restaurantBobFromOhioVIPDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I dined at Arrogant Butcher on a recent conference trip to Phoenix. The location is great - near US Airways Center and the Convention Center - so it's easy to see why it was busy at 9pm on a Wednesday night. The menu includes a nice variety, and we started our meal with some salumi and montchevre from the charcuterie menu. Then I had the NY strip and my wife had the sweet potato tortellini, both well prepared, along with a nice red wine. Our server Aiyana was friendly and helpful. Definitely worth a visit for a casual meal in downtown Phoenix.Special Features:
- ExcellentDougMDined on 10/8/2014Great food delivered very quickly after ordering. Attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- second visit as good as the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I hosted a business dinner here and wanted to try with a date. We were not disappointed. We pre concert and wait staff ensured we were able to make curtain. Jambalaya was really good. Se Bass not so much. Great espresso after dinner. The pedicabs lined up outside made for a quick trip to symphony hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for gamesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014great location for Chase Field/Convention Center, best restaurant we've been to when in town for gamesSpecial Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We enhoyed restaurant week at Arrogant Butcher. The menu selection is not huge, but they take pride in their food. Our courses were served promptly by different servers with smiles and excellent attention to detail, evidence every member of the crew takes pride in great service. The service was attentive and friendly from start to finish. The food was delicious and presented nicely. The air was energetic and bustling on a Friday night. I highly recommend reserving a table in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent chain .Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Start with a meat and cheese platter then move on to crab stuffed chicken with capers and finish off with salted caramel pudding. Delicious! We even had a glass of wine with dinner. Perfect. They validate parking. Great food and Jeremy was a top knotchnwaiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant DinnerTravelingDebDined on 9/25/2014First time to The Arrogant Butcher during Restaurant Week in Phoenix. Great menu with loads of delicious items daily, and the Restaurant Week Menu had the 3X3 items all looking mighty tasty. Hubby settled on the daily special - fried chicken and honey biscuit - delish! I had the RW special with hummus, green chile short rib stew, and the salted caramel pudding. Hits all around - especially the pudding. I'd go back again - make reservations if you go. Service was quite good!Special Features:
- Hip Downtown SpotCUParentDined on 9/20/2014Went there for restaurant week. Food was good. Service was outstanding, Ambiance was cool. Nice bar area. Right near downtown sports venues. I would go back just for the salted caramel pudding for dessert - it was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMorrisogVIPDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed restaurant week. Haven't been to a bad Fox restaurant yet. Liked the décor, service and wonderful food. The entire experience was awesome.Special Features:
- FabulousenjoyagoodmealDined on 9/20/2014We loved it. Their mussels were fabulous. Their ribs are out of this world.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014One thing I must say about Fox restaurants is that the service has been consistently good and the staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWhs64Dined on 9/18/2014Well recommended but just average food. Noisy. fair service, chicken special ok, pork very bland
- Fish and Chips SecretSunsFanDined on 9/15/2014Some of the BEST fish and chips we can remember in recent times. Their "secret" is that unlike other preparations, the AB uses India Pale Ale beer in the batter. You won't be disappointed and the portions are large enough to share! Pleasant surprise. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!GigiDined on 9/15/2014It was my first time dining at The Arrogant Butcher and I must say I was flabbergasted! The food is amazingly delicious and the drink menu is fabulous! This is a true neighborhood gem. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to have a wonderful dinner experience. I had appetizers, a main course, and dessert and all courses were fantastic.Special Features:
- We were disappointed in the food.DisappointedDined on 9/15/2014Had colleagues visiting from the East. Told them what a great place Arrogant Butcher was. I was embarassed by the quality of the food. I had the Sweet Potato Tortelli which I've had numerous times. It was simply awful. Not hot, not flavourful, tortelli tough, just not good. One of the others had the stuffed chicken something and it was not good either. We were hungry and did not complain but I wish we had done so. The other person had the steak and she said it was okay. I was embarassed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Staff was very friendly, nice beer and wine list, food was great!Special Features:
- Our Fav Downtown SpitMelodyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Salted Caramel pudding ! Need I say more?! Our favorite downtown Phoenix spot before a game or after the Symphony. Consistently good food & service. Fun drink list. PS: I wish they did their special dishes every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.