1302 Long Beach Blvd
Ship Bottom, NJ 08008Neighborhood:
Long Beach Island
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arlingtonlbi.com/
- Phone: 6094948848x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 12:00 - 3:45pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Late Night Menu till Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Arlington is available for private functions in your home or site of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: The Arlington is available for private parties up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Sabarese 6094948848x
A word from The Arlington
The Arlington is a full service restaurant and bar located in Ship Bottom on LBI. With a seasonal American menu focused on fresh and local ingredients and a beverage program focused on craft beer and cocktails, The Arlington is poised to be a premiere dining establishment on LBI open for lunch and dinner year-round.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Arlington - Best Restaurants in Long Beach Island ›
The Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (31)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (19)special occasion (18)notable wine list (15)hot spot (10)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Fabulous!MichaelVIPDined on 10/14/2014It was a great night - the restaurant was relatively quiet, which was perfect as we were able to talk. Service was tremendous - there where you wanted something and unobtrusive other times. Food was outstanding - the chicken and dumplings were amazing - not your grandmother's chicken and dumplings.Special Features:
- Great Beer selection but...JnemiaVIPDined on 10/11/2014The Arlington continues to be a solid choice for an extensive beer menu, however the food menu is getting tired. Although the good is consistently well prepared, the choices are limited, and dinner specials were non existent sans a special asparagus side dish.Special Features:
- Great beer & cocktailsTriciaDined on 10/3/2014Our second visit to The Arlington, we love the great craft beer list and innovative seasonal cocktails. Food never disappoints, great service and atmosphere make this a no brainer choice for a great meal without the kids.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingRRRRVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our 3rd time to the restaurant and the food was not as good as earlier experiences and the kitchen was very slow.
- Fresh and FunEatTeachLoveDined on 9/6/2014A great place if you are looking for something a little special on the Island. Extensive craft beer menu. We did not visit the bar, but could hear strains of good live music in the dining area. I had an excellent paella. Others in my party enjoyed the salmon, and the filet. Be aware, the menu varies according to what is fresh, in season, and available, so it doesn't quite match the menus we saw online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasureable Dining ExperienceMayettaRickDined on 9/6/2014Always great to dine on LBI after the crowd disapates. My wife had the grilled halibut which was excellent. The chef did a great job with my pan seared duck breast. Conch Fritter appetizer was delicious. We were attended by Caroline who's service was outstanding. Would and have recommedned The Arlington to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!!jaagDined on 9/3/2014Food was excellent and so was service. Our server, Liz was a delight and made our dining experience much better.Special Features:
- Great Food / Good ValuervonlinediningVIPDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our recent dinner at "The Arlington". The menu is not extensive but everyone's meal, there were 6 of us, was excellent. If dining on Long Beach Island I highly recommend trying this restaurant.Special Features:
- LiveLifeDined on 8/29/2014Great for the beach crowd, families and off season as wellSpecial Features:
- Holy cream sauces!HadhigherhopesDined on 8/27/2014Very well done steak equals charred charcoal. But the chefs idea to fix it was to throw some pink cream sauce on it. There was a white cream sauce on the potatoes, pesto sauce on the plate, pesto sauce on the bread, on the other dishes. Loved the design of the place. It felt like a sea captains hideaway I New England. The sparseness however lent to extremely loud noises and echoes of loud kids aloud to run wild.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go again!BoobalaPuddingDined on 8/24/2014Being a LBI summer resident for over 40 years we stick to the restaurants we know are good but decided to try a new one. The Arlington has a very hip feel to it with brick exposed walls, barnyard paneling, and rustic decor. The menu was foodie oriented. We started off with pan seared scallops that were delicious. As a main course I had the "Braised Short Ribs" which fell to pieces and the Korean influenced sauce was fantastic. My husband had a special which was skirt steak, fingerling potatoes and some delicious sauce which he raved about. My father got the "Seafood Paella" which he said was good but liked our meals better. As a side we got bacon mac and cheese which we should have ordered two because no one wanted to share it.Special Features:
- Skip ItFS2013Dined on 8/23/2014Ate there recently while staying on LBI. We wanted to try something new so were looking forward to dinner. Our waitress was very nice but things were beyond her control. Our appetizers arrived on time soon after ordering. However, our mains arrived 90 minutes after sitting down after I had gotten up to complain. The food was uneven. Kale salad was overdressed. Paella rice was burned. They comped us dessert. Yippy.... Skip it.
- Good beersHappyGoLuckyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Average food. Good drinks. Server knew little. Appetizers were better than entrees. Presentation was decent but flavors a bit bland. Good fries, we got 7 dishes total, would only recommend conch fritters. Gnocchi was overcooked.Special Features:
- DisappointedJerseyGirlDined on 8/22/2014Went for dinner on a Fri nite. Service was rushed - we got our drinks and appetizers almost simultaneously. Tomato gazpacho was not good - too acidic/tomatoey taste. Mac and cheese side was just average, barely better than Kraft. We asked the waiter to slow down the delivery of our dinner so we could relax and enjoy our drinks, but they still came out pretty quickly. The Halibut special was very good, my husband's short ribs were good, not great. Overall I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- One Year LaterJesseLivermoreDined on 8/22/2014I posted this month last year and said I would give it a 2nd chance. The service remains spotty, although very pleasant, just not professional. The food a bit improved over last season; perfectly cooked fish and professionally presented. Desserts overpriced for the quality of ingrediants and the effort put in the presentation. The one big problem remains the noise. It can be hard to have a conversation at the table when the place is half full. I also find the emphasis on the beer menu for dining room patrons a bit much.Special Features:
- KateDined on 8/17/2014Although the service was excellent, we will not be eating here again. It was very noisy and the food was not very good.
- Wonderful food and drinksDogfishFanDined on 8/15/2014We decided to finally visit the Arlington for their Dogfish Head tap takeover, and we are so glad we did! Not only did they have a fantastic drink list, but the food was absolutely amazing. The service was great, and the ambiance was amazing. It was our first time, but it certainly won't be our last!Special Features:
- Great menu, not so great executionTheChubbyChefDined on 8/3/2014Ive had better meals. Overall, its a nice restaurant. The menu is ambitious and modern, but every single dish lacked flavor and seasoning. Thats actually not true. The mexican street corn and fried chicken skins we had were well seasoned and tasty. I enjoyed those dishes. Other than that, everything needed salt and pepper. I was surprised when we sat down that salt and pepper were on the table, I quickly figured out why. I had the paella entree, but had to send it back. I NEVER send food back, I really tried to get through it and not be "that guy", but it was just not good. All the seafood was overcooked, the rice didnt have that crispy bottom I would expect in a paella, and it tasted like oil. I doubt I will go back again.
- 1st timersSamiamDined on 8/3/2014This was our first visit. The appetizer was great but our meals were just ok. My husband had the paella recommended by the waitress and said it was just ok. I had the short ribs and our guests had the crab cakes and streak. No one was really overwhelmed. The appetizer was scallops over risotto, I wish that had been my meal.Special Features:
- Overall great place!nyc11madVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great menu items - the only disappointment was a kobe beef special which was not that tender. Other than that, everyone really enjoyed their entrees!Special Features:
- A new favorite!WessieDined on 7/30/2014This was our first visit to the Arlington! Everyone loved the food and our server was the most bubbly, professional and friendly server I think I've EVER had!! Thanks for a great expierience, we'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!HCRocksDined on 7/28/2014When the restaurant first opened, just my husband and I went. It was a little noisy and the service was a little spotty (which is common for a new establishment). This year we went early on a weeknight with our family of 5 and basically has the restaurant to ourselves. Many younger people came in and went to the bar while we were in the dining room. The hostess and waiter were very friendly and competent. The menu had fun choices and the food was good. Off street parking was available and easy to find. Things I would change, if I could: keep the blueberry cobbler on the menu all the time, add a children's menu, add some vegetarian options, and don't use a large wine glass with a small pour (it just looks bad). We will be going back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMishKirkeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Amazing renovation that transformed a sleepy little inn into a foodie and beer lovers treasure trove. Great service on top of the great food and excellent vibe. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014This was a sad dining experience for my husbands 30th birthday. I mentioned the occasion on my open table reservation as well as directly to the waitress when we arrived. When they brought dessert they didn't so much as put a candle in it or say happy birthday, let alone that my husband had to send it back because it was gritty and runny. The appetizers were awful, including something billed as Mac & cheese with bacon that was really penne with a liquid cheese sauce and bread crumbs sprinkled (not even baked or broiled!) on top. Entrees were mediocre and overpriced. Service was slow and inattentive. Save the trouble and skip this place!Special Features:
- AdequateKimbrenVIPDined on 7/22/2014The ambiance is not very "beachy" I felt like I was in a log cabin in the woods-the furniture is very colonial-brick walls and a very open dining room--nice beer list. The food was fine-seafood platter appetizer consisted of clams, oysters some lobster meat-nothing spectacular for $55. The tuna tartare was good as was the tuna steak-again nothing spectacular. I wouldn't go back for the dining room-a beer at the bar sure!Special Features:
- Great food, service and localeFam5NJDined on 7/22/2014Food was creative and delicious and our server could not have been nicer. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, delicious, enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014We had a great meal with great service and timely delivery. I recommend this for families or couples wanting a more upscale beach restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to the ChefEasyDinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Tuna special was outstanding, and cooked perfectly ( also caught 12 hours before I ate it). Chicken skin and corn chowder apps were a big hit! I wished we would have ordered more Mac n' Cheese, everyone was taking about it the next day. The amuse Bouche of Halibut with cubed watermelon in a coconut broth was a BIG HIT....Wine on tap...yes please....Just mad we forgot to get the house cured bacon to-go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent for LBISpyderDined on 7/19/2014Good food, great beer, good wine by the glass, honors reservations, friendly staff. For LBI, that's a very good restaurant,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicefilmcutterguyDined on 7/19/2014My wife is a vegetarian, they only have a few things on the menu that were so. But the kitchen was very accommodating and altered a dish to her liking. Our waiter was attentive and saw to all of our needs, even the manager came over to see how we were. I had one of the specials, a steak rubbed in a coffee rub and something was cooked in duck fat. I can't recall anything else, because my mouth started salivating. My expectations were met and my meal was AMAZING!!!Special Features:
- Excellent experience all around.JoZeeDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I visited The Arlington for our Anniversary dinner. It was a Monday evening, and when we arrived at 6 we were seated immediately. Drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts were all a treat for the eyes and the palate. The corn chowder, short rib, Night Boat Scallops, halibut ceviche and salted caramel budino were stand outs. I appreciated our server taking the time to describe the entrees in detail when I was having trouble deciding what to order. I was also impressed by the fact that they cure their own meats. Our food was all served quickly, perhaps due to the fact that it was a weeknight and on the early side of the dinner hour. We confidently recommend The Arlington for a delicious dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJackandbobDined on 7/13/2014We should have been warned when our waitress told us not to order the paella as they had yet to "master" it in the kitchen. However we stayed. The shoestring was super salty and overly Carmelites. My husbands steak which was supposed to hav a lobster sauce on top tasted was thin and the sauce tasted like yogurt with hers in it. Bar is nice though. Good place for a nice glass of wineSpecial Features:
- too loud and took an hour for foodGeosVIPDined on 7/12/2014We liked this place the first time we went. It wasn't busy. But the next night time it was a Saturday night. The noise was unbearable. The room echos everything. We ordered our dinner at 7, it came out a 8pm. I went to the hostess and complained because our waitress was way too busy with other customers. The hostess then told the waitress and the manager. We couldn't believe that the manager never came over to our table to apologize. The restaurant was understaffed and it really showed in the service. I will not recommend this place because of the noise and the lack of responsibility from the management. You need to hire a manager that will help when needed and staff appropriately and be able to communicate with their paying customers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Very expensive and very noisy. The server was trying to be helpful, but was inexperienced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Did a Saturday Brunch on a beautiful beach day so the restaurant was empty but the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great FindShoreDined on 7/11/2014The dinner was amazing. Food was delicious and the presentation was just amazing. Service was phenomenal and made suggestions that made our dinner special Noise level was a little high but the bar was vibrant. This is definitely a hidden get on the shoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LBI's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014The Arlington restaurant is our year round favorite. The food is wonderful. The gluten free selections on the menu are delicious. The bar scene is fun! The Arlington is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mouthwateringsellubeautifulDined on 7/6/2014My friend and I had a wonderful dining experience. Carolyn was a very attentive server, with excellent recommendations. You must try their pan seared scallop in a truffled lobster risotto. Their flank steak was cooked to perfection. Thank you to Chef Allen and to the whole staff of the Arlington; it was an awesome experience. I cannot wait to come back and bring family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went hereSaraGDined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed a girls getaway in LBI over the long 4th of July weekend. In looking for restaurants near Ship Bottom, the search on Open Table had The Arlington there. I am so glad that I use Open Table to make choices, especially this one. We had stramed clams and oysters on the half shell to start and they were amazing. I had the paella and my sister had salmon, our friend the steak and there were no complaints - it was a quiet meal because we were enjoying the food. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating without being on top of you. A MUST for LBI dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ArlingtonJChristoDined on 7/5/2014Great Food, Great Atmosphere. I as happy with the selection and also the service, meals where perfectly sized and done to order. I wold definetely recommend and will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.