The Argyle Street Grill
345 Argyle St. South
Caledonia, ON N3W 1L8Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Argyle Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theargylestreetgrill.com/Menu.html#dinner
- Phone: 9057659622
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Prime Rib, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wade Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We can do simple working lunches to elegant off site buffets for private dinner parties. Please contact us for your catering needs.
A word from The Argyle Street Grill
We are an upscale casual eatery that focuses on fresh and local cuisine. Our award winning chef takes comfort plates and kicks them up a notch using unique recipes and scratch cooking. From our wings, burgers and flat breads, to our braised lamb, steaks, rotisserie chicken and award winning ribs, you will find something for everyone at the Argyle St Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Argyle Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- New FriendsnewfriendsDined on 7/11/2014We were three couples getting together for the first time and we had a great time together and they appreciated us introducing them to the Argyle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LorieTDined on 6/13/2014Great place for a business lunch! Friendly yet professional environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love ASGyumyumDined on 6/12/2014We love it here. Haven't had a bad meal yet. Staff is always friendly and accommodating. We go any chance we get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!DaisyDinesDined on 6/11/2014We've been here three nights in the last week...once with reservations....twice just on the spur of the moment.....food was great on every occasion. It's better to reserve especially on wing night...very popular that night. Salmon is usually done to perfection....chicken strips are moist, tender and tasty....coconut shrimp is yummy....really good food and nice staff. Small location so noise level is fairly high...but still enjoyable when you are with your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Average2foodiesDined on 6/6/2014This was my second time to the grill, my husbands first. We went for our anniversary and noted it when making reservations but no special greeting or compliment was given like other places do. The food this time was mediocre compared to the first, my husband had the braised lamb shank and I, the braised beef rib. The shank was salty, but cooked nicely. The mashed potatoes were exactly that, and screamed for seasoning. The asparagus was cooked to perfection. We started with the scallops wrapped in bacon and although cooked really well with nice flavour, two out of three were gritty. Not just a little (which is understandable with seafood)but a pretty good crunch and was unedible. They replaced this and the second ones were much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great evening!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Service by all the girls were great as usual....the prime rib was great as usual- always a winner here!!!Special Features:
- The following 234 reviews are from the The Argyle Street Grill reviews archive.
- The GrillFridaynight2305Dined on 5/23/2014We had a great diner and the atmosphere was great. My food was a little disappointing the ribs were cold and very fattie. The meat tasted like it was reheated. The servicer was great, my husband had a burger and the fries and they looked delicious. We love the grill, it is local and we always see people we know while dining. It is great for our town to have a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive to Caledonia!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014My wife & I were introduced to the Argyle Street Grill by the Food Network programme "Gotta Eat Here". Sunday May 18. We endured a two hour drive to the Grill & we can say it was well worth the time. We ordered the full rack & the Niagara Harvest salad. Both were very good quality & healthy serving sizes for two people to share. I had a very good VQA Cab Merlot. We wanted to try something from the dessert menu but were comfortably full. Our server for polite & professional & well deserving of the tip. We will return.Special Features:
- Just OK this visit.DaisyDinesDined on 5/9/2014Usually love Argyle...but this visit (although was OK) wasn't as good as other times. Was celebrating my birthday and my meal arrived last. My husband asked for a little surprise cupcake and it never appeared...I was OK with it...but he was disappointed as he felt the effort should have been made because we had a reservation and he did call to ask. Hopefully things will be back to what we are used to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!foodie2Dined on 5/8/2014Great! As usual! We love to go on Thursday nights for the free mussel bar. I still can't choose which flavour I like best so I have to have both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitchenAndybillDined on 5/1/2014Last week our food came out fast which was surprising as there was a line up to get in. This week no line up not as busy and we waited 40 minutes for our food to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great again!keksVIPDined on 4/25/2014As is usual the food and service were great! The maple menu is very good and tasty!Special Features:
- asiago chicken linguinieasiagoawesomeDined on 4/24/2014outstanding! I have to keep going back to the argyle grill because i usually only order asiago chicken linguinie....my favorite! everytime i go, i know it is going to be so delicious that i haven't tried the various other delicious choices on the menu, but my husband has, lol. great place to dine. we were there on a Thursday night for the complimentary clam bar, also, outstanding and delicious! fantastic place to dine for sure!Special Features:
- Pleasurable experienceRickDined on 4/12/2014Very pleased with service. Waiter was very pleasant and quick to respond to requests. Wife and I had the prime rib . It ranked upped there with the best we have ever had. It was cooked perfectly. An all round pleasant experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't allow enough timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014had never been to the restaurant before but after reviewing the menu online decided to make a reservation. Good thing, we were in town for a hockey game and unfortunately service was a little slow so we didn't get to the much anticipated desserts. Went back after the game but there was a band playing and a birthday party going on which took up alot of dining space. The wait staff totally ignored us which was disappointing. I am going back and hoping it won't be quite so 'energetic' midweek so I can enjoy my meal and some conversation with the others at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We generally come here forGrandmaDined on 4/9/2014We generally come here for dinner...but this time it was for lunch....I had the buffalo chicken salad...the chicken was good but I found the lettuce to taste like the lettuce you get in a bag.....after a while I got tired of the taste and smell of it. Was slightly disappointed this time round. I usually get the portebello chicken dinner - I love it. If I could encourage them to do one thing, it would be to change up the salad - make it fresh and not from a bag...and if its not from a bag then I don't know why the smell. Always a great place to eat though. Usually a hit...but once in a while life gives you a miss! :) We'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great Night44DinnerDined on 4/5/2014The atmosphere was joyful - staff laughing & friendly - other patrons obviously enjoying themselves. The staff were also helpful and willing to answer any questions and they timed everything well. The prime rib special was amazing and it was medium rare as ordered and served with delicious market vegetables and a fresh baked potato. The gentlemen also enjoyed the escargot as an appetizer. This was our second meal at this restaurant and we all had different dishes the first visit which were equally as good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service - Foods worth the waithagersvillegirlDined on 4/4/2014Waited over an hour to recieve appetizer at lunch hour, got after about 1.25 hours..was worth the wait - had honey garlic boneless wings and caesar salad...could use faster lunch hour service, as alot of people cant take 2 hours for lunch..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy it!DaisyDinesDined on 3/29/2014We don't go very often but really enjoy it at the Argyle St. Grill. Good food makes it a good place to go! We haven't been disappointed yet. Enjoy the manager helping and coming to greet us at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was the first time forToasterDined on 3/29/2014It was the first time for some in our party, the food and service were amazing. Only down side high noise level so one added to the noise by having to raise your voice to be heard. But on the other side of the noise lots of good energy and we all really enjoyed our time. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation requiredBellaDined on 3/25/2014We made a reservation for my mother's birthday. We still had to wait half an hour for our table to be ready. I was not impressed with that, as I had made the reservation the day before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always! Free Muslefoodie2Dined on 3/20/2014Great as always! Free Musle Bar on Thursdays can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicekeksVIPDined on 3/14/2014As usual, great food and great service. The St. Patty's day menu was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- let's Eat OutglobetrotterDined on 3/8/2014I have had lunch here 3 times - 3 different entres - all very well presented, all delicious. Service was also excellent every time. I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open friendly on top service.McDeeDined on 3/4/2014Open friendly on top service. Food worth the travel and the wait...we are hooked, would recommend the Argyll Grill to anyone. I everything was cooked to perfection. The server was on top of our needs, always checking our table for needs and appraisal. We loved the place. Will be back again .....Special Features:
- reservation ??wingking1Dined on 3/4/2014made reservation the morning of,,asked for a booth, reservation confirmed ok4.30pm !! on arrival was told booth not available, fortunately was able to be seated in booth that was reserved for 5.30pm. would not go if booth not available as other seating very close together not great for intimate setting... food very good beer over priced ,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and nutrutiousmarvelousDined on 3/3/2014Great food at the Argyle Street Grill. Service was super pleasant and made good recommendations. Restaurant was a little squished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMarlDined on 2/27/2014Always good food no matter what you order. Very attentive wait staff. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS PLACE SHOULD BE BIGGER!MORGAN193Dined on 2/27/2014We go to the "Grille" often after work to unwind and have a few laughs. The staff and atmosphere is pleasing. The constant flow of diners coming in gives the place a buzz.....too bad it isn't a larger place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I went after watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014My wife and I went after watching "You gotta eat here". I had the "765 beef short rib dinner" and my wife had chicken and ribs, both of which were featured in the TV show. Both meals were priced reasonably, had good portions and tasted very good. We were not hungry when we left. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClosedSpoonerDined on 2/17/2014I wish they would had a recording stating that they were closed on family day Tried to called no answer booked on line with opentable had reservation for 2pm With confirmation number very disappointed!!!
- Love the fact they try toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Love the fact they try to try to use all local suppliers, prices fair. Love to support our local establishments as long as they are good and competitive, and the Grill is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very late to arriveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014Food was very late to arrive specially if you only have an hour for lunch. The rotisserie chicken was cold! I was very disappointed since it was my first visit
- Great local food restaurantloveditDined on 2/7/2014Loved that origin of food (city) was on menu. Lots of choices for every pallet and reasonably priced. I would chose this restaurant for a family or a romantic dinner or a large group outing. The food and service was great. We were a party of eight (with family and friends) and ordered lamb, fish, wings, ribs and everyone loved their meals. Local wines and caesar's - excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCareyDined on 2/7/2014The staff was fantastic, food was spectacular! Pricing was reasonable! Would go back everyday if I could!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time and will returnMarlDined on 1/31/2014Another good experience at the Argyle. Had the perch this time. Could have used a veggie on the plate for colour and balance but overall very tasty!Special Features:
- Good Ambience and ServiceladiesnightDined on 1/30/2014My experience was delightful. the service was great, the owner dropped by to ensure all was good and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty an still slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014The restaurant was fairly empty. I think there were only two other tables and plenty of staff. Our food took 50 minutes to be served, we had to go looking for our waitress who was busy chatting to the bar staff. Food was skimpy in portions. Very disappointed.
- awesomeCathyDined on 1/25/2014We were there for my girlfriends 50th birthday! We had an awesome time chatting together dissecting the menu for what our taste buds were looking for. Two of the girls had never been and were impressed on the fact that all the food and wine was of local descent. Awesome Awesome. Will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner again - ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Excellent dinner again - ribs are great - and the lobster dip as an appie is always a crowd pleaser - thanksSpecial Features: