The American Sector @ The National WWII Museum
945 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The American Sector @ The National WWII Museum
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nationalww2museum.org/american-sector/
- Phone: 5045281940x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday : 11:00am - 9:00pm
Lunch- 11:00am - 4pm
Happy Hour- 4:00pm - 7pm
Dinner- 5:00pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Raymond St. Pierre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The American Sector Catering is an event hospitality company, and we are thrilled to be your exclusive hospitality partner at The National WWII Museum. Our style is collaborative, and our New Orleans team is delighted to work with you to ensure your experience is smooth, successful and enjoyable. Much of our success comes from our attention to the important details that create truly welcoming experiences. From fresh, locally-sourced and quality ingredients to crisp, sincere and attentive service, our goal is to provide world-class hospitality for every one of our guests.
- Private Party Facilities: The National World War II Museum and The American Sector have two spectacular private dining rooms adjacent to The American Sector restaurant main dining room. Both of the private dining rooms are inspired by two iconic talents of the World War II era.
- Private Party Contact: Brad Feichter 8779257598
- Entertainment: The American Sector also features live entertainment in the Stage Door Canteen. To make reservations for the shows in the Stage Door Canteen please call (504) 528-1943.
A word from The American Sector @ The National WWII Museum
Delicious decisions are easily made at The American Sector restaurant — the perfect destination for lunch, dinner, snacks, and spirits. With a comfortable setting, affordable fare, and a tempting array of appetizers, salads, soups, entrées, sides, and desserts to enjoy, this popular venue awaits you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The American Sector @ The National WWII Museum reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (0)neighborhood gem (0)special occasion (0)hot spot (0)romantic (0)late-night find (0)Show More
- Dining Gem at WWII MusuemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I never expected a top class restaurant at a museum. The food was outstanding as well as the service. Prices were not much more than a family chain type restaurant. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Not impressed. The chicken bbq flatbread was tasty, but the burgers (victory and black and blue) were very average. I won't go back any time soon.Special Features:
- Excellent setrvice and foodKimothy393Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent setrvice and food. Loved exposed brick walls and big windows. The flat bread capresi, shrimp poboys, and burgers were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the The American Sector @ The National WWII Museum reviews archive.
- Okay for a MuseumelimarVIPDined on 2/24/2014Food combinations did not work. Fries were hot and well done. If at the Museum, a good choice for lunchSpecial Features:
- This restaurant is a uniqueLadyInRedDined on 9/17/2012This restaurant is a unique part of the World War II Museum in New Orleans. The spaces are wide open and inviting. The food is excellent and different from any other museum restaurant. Check the huge portrait by George Rodrigue of General Eisenhower and the inventor of the LST WWII craft Andrew Higgins. Look for Rodrigue's iconic blue dog somewhere in the portrait1Special Features:
- the restaurant was very attractive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2012the restaurant was very attractive. I feel that the menu was very limited and you could not substitute anything.Special Features:
- Very interesting place withBMOCsdVIPDined on 3/8/2012Very interesting place with great food. Gizzards were the hit of our group. And no one left not satisfied!Special Features:
- Meh. Decent food, but over-priced.CajuninCaliDined on 2/11/2012Meh. Decent food, but over-priced. Save it for another Besh restaurant.
- The American Sector is delicious,afloDined on 1/8/2012The American Sector is delicious, with a menu full of items to please everyone. Moderately priced, American favorites. If you're in the area, it's very easy to get in and have some delicious food, without the wait required at other restaurants in the area. Besh is always a guarantee.Special Features:
- Great food, but not very bigOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2011Great food, but not very big portions and the bread was distinctly unremarkable. The service was passably decent. We've also been to a couple of the dinner shows - great entertainment and food, but spotty service.Special Features:
- For such a well known andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2010For such a well known and renowned chef, I expected unbelievable food. My prime rib needed to be cut with a saw. Taste was fine. Not what I expected.Special Features:
- Great Food & Atmosphere, Not CheapOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2010Fantastic food, fun retro atmosphere, but a bit pricey and the service wasn't quick.
- NOLA ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2010My visit was disappointing; the restaurant appeared to be about to close, and the menu was very limited
- I really enjoy the The AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2009I really enjoy the The American Sector. Chef Besh has provided a menu that is very interesting and the food taste great. I have eating there a few times.Special Features:
- The food is interesting andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2009The food is interesting and fun. I have been there twice. The first time without a reservation and we sat at the bar. Our server - with the interesting mustache - was very attentive and also entertaining to watch. We had a great time. The second time - the server was unappologetically rude and slow. He disappeared for long stretches and didn't display any skills or polish one would expect from a waiter in one of John's establishments. We finally had to find a manager to locate our food and waiter. We were offered cole slaw to help smooth things over - kind of an odd offering but it was kind. It will be quite a while before I suggest The American Sector to friends and family.