The Alley Cafe
214 8th St
Leavenworth, WA 98826Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Alley Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thealleycafe.com/
- Phone: 5095487429
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Alley Cafe
Featuring an intimate Italian and Northwest menu with a warm, friendly atmosphere. Try one of our signature Cocktails, the "Alley" Café offers one of the largest selections of wine in Leavenworth. Visit our website for information on our full service catering. Live music on Friday nights. Find us on 8th street and the alley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Alley Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (8)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- MediocreJanetVIPDined on 10/17/2014The host--who I believe is the owner--was grumpy and barely greeted us. Wait staff was good, but they were understaffed, so service was spotty. The food was just OK, and took forever to arrive. I wouldn't go back.
- MarthaDined on 10/12/2014A small gem tucked away in an alley but well worth looking for. The food and service was very good. We will definitely go back our next time in Leavenworth.Special Features:
- Too badCraigthemagDined on 10/9/2014after being seated quickly it took 20 minutes for menus. ordered the first bottle of wine to be told they didn't have it, ordered the second bottle of wine told they didn't have it, 40 minutes later we got a bottle of wine that was suggested by our server. food was just as slow to come, restaurant was not busy so we didn't understand what the delays were nor did the server apologize, server was the only one working the floor, had three different tables other than ours. too bad food was ok.
- Fantastic Find in LeavenworthlovegoodfoodVIPDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is a little difficult to find at first - it really is in an alley. We booked dinner reservations before leaving on our trip on Open Table and we are glad that we did. Busy tourist town. I was captivated by the beautiful light fixtures there - all different styles of chandeliers - just gorgeous. The décor was lovely and the dimmed lighting set the romantic tone. I had the seafood fettuccini which was absolutely incredible. I can't believe I ate it all but I could not stop. My husband had the blackened prime rib special and extreme horseradish. He just loved it. We also enjoyed a wonderful chianti with dinner and great service as well. A must visit for sure!!Special Features:
- WHAT MORE CAN I SAY........HotlipsDined on 7/2/2014I absolutly love this place. The service is fab the food is great and the dining is small and quiet. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the The Alley Cafe reviews archive.
- great as usualznutsDined on 5/16/2014every time I am in Leavenworth, I make my to the Alley Café. As usual they did not disappoint. We had a large group and they had no problem fitting us in. I love all of the food there but don't miss out on the coconut prawns or the seafood fettucini.Special Features:
- great foodpaprikaDined on 5/11/2014The food was great and they even had REAL Spumoni ice cream, what a treat! service a bit slow but friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013Had to wait for more than 45 min for food and decided to leave after the waitress was rude to us when asked if the food was going to be ready soon.
- Nice place - bad foodPjacrouxVIPDined on 9/24/2013Nicely decorated restaurant. You felt like you were in a first class Florentine parlor. But the food was bad. Portions were huge but everything tasted like it had been pre-prepared in a food factory and then frozen.
- We had a wonderful dinnerHotlipsDined on 9/14/2013We had a wonderful dinner at Alleys! Would recommend it to everyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2013Finally a good, romantic restaurant in Leavenworth. Great food, wine and décor. Small and intimate on a quiet street. The Alley Café is by far the best restaurant in Leavenworth. Make reservations in advance, the place is very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2013Even if we went to Leavenworth mainly to eat a pig knuckle at King Ludwig once Bavarian dinner (not that good BTW) was more than enough! We were happy to find this place which seemed to cater more for the locals than the tourists and where the food was honest and good. The jazz trio was nice and not too intrusive.Special Features:
- Great Food!Frankie644Dined on 6/28/2013Ambiance was wonderful and the live music made our experience even more enjoyable! The food was delicious as well. Great treat when the German food in Leavenworth gets a little old!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.