The Allen Street Grill (Hotel State College)
100 WEST COLLEGE AVENUE
State College, PA 16801-3838Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
The Allen Street Grill (Hotel State College)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.allenstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: (814) 231-4745
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Bert Burger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music Thursdays-Saturdays 10pm-1am! Come up and reminisce with Bill Filer on Thursdays and Saturdays and stop by for rotating acts on Friday nights.
- Cross Street: Allen Street
- Public Transit: Located directly in front of the restaurant at the intersection of College Avenue and Allen Street you can jump on or off one of the many CATA busses that run past business hours. Or, ask your server to call a cab to be waiting for you when you are finished. Also, many of the local hotels offer shuttles downtown.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street Parking is also readily available along with 3 public parking garages (Fraser Street, Pugh Street & Beaver Ave garages) all within 1 block of the restaurant.
Ask your server how to get free parking while you dine.
A word from The Allen Street Grill (Hotel State College)
The Allen Street Grill, located directly above the Corner Room at the intersection of College Avenue and Allen Street, promotes a casual gourmet dining experience, superb food, award winning Wine Spectator selection 7 years running, outstanding service and one of the best Town and Gown views in State College. Priced reasonably and offering upscale cuisine is always a challenge, but Bert and Becky Burger, the husband & wife, French Trained Executive Chef and General Manager, seem to pull it off with ease. From the moment you walk in the door and approach your seat overlooking the bustling sidewalk, you become an integral part of this historic corner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Allen Street Grill (Hotel State College) - Best Restaurants in State College ›
The Allen Street Grill (Hotel State College) reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (15)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014All of the waiters and waitresses were outstanding. We were given a seat right on the corner of Allen and College, and there isn't a better view for downtown State College. The appetizer (brie) took a little while to come out but was well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerfeldfamDined on 10/9/2014We had a nice dinner. They sat us immediately with our reservation. Food was exceptional . Service attentive. Ask for a table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- State College FancyWingedPeachDined on 9/21/2014Went for dinner on a Sunday night. Our server was a little inexperienced but the overall experience was good. The dishes are well-portioned without being excessive. I think a visit here is worth it.Special Features:
- nice time with a great viewjlb55Dined on 9/21/2014We got the corner table, had a great view, and a nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for watching students.RGinTallyVIPDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I always dine here at least once every time we are in town. A great spot for alumni to sit by a window and watch the students on the busy corner. The potato and beet salad is great! Good wine list at reasonable rates. Part of the charm is the service, often by students. Noise level is high when busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st birthday dinnerECSCBKVIPDined on 9/7/2014Took our son for 21st bday. When noted on the reservation, provided a table w/ a nice campus view. Service was very good. Varied menu allowed for multiple choices for someone looking for any meal type: we had vegetarian, seafood lover, red meat lover and white meat preferred in our group. Because other reviews mentioned smaller portion size, varied apps were ordered, especially from the college kids, which arrived timely & enjoyable. No lag b/w courses, entrees arrived hot. Portion size small for the price, no take-home bags needed. All entrees were delicious. Guests commented on limited variety of dessert menu. Dessert yummy & portions large. Recommend b/c of great service & menu quality, even if portions small. Will go back.Special Features:
- Dismal dinnerFoodshouldwowDined on 9/4/2014To be frank, service was poor and food mediocre. I had to ask for refills, when my glass should simply never be empty. The waiter never brought bread or water to the table, and yet other waiters and waitresses brought to theirs. The food was overpriced garbage. The crab ravioli was a dinner, and yet it came with nothing but 6 ravioli and zero sauce ontop. The food is not cheap, so it was expected to wow me; it did not. I paid 30 dollars for a stake that was cooked medium when I ordered it rare. The steak also was remarkably thin, it might as well have been roast beef. On a positive note, the mashed potatoes tasted exactly how mom makes them.... She makes boxed mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Amazing! Not your average Grill...kellyever1Dined on 8/26/2014I stopped in for a quick lunch, and being new to the area I didn't know what to expect. All I can say is "The Allen Street Grill is Awesome"! I had the Chicken Parmesan feature, servers recommendation, I honestly can say it was the best I've had in the States. The server, Dan, was attentive, knowledgeable and charming. The music was upbeat, the prices were very reasonable, the view from the porch was spectacular (especially if you are a people watcher), and the manager, Ben, stopped by my table to ensure my dining experience was more than satisfactory. I also got free parking in the garage for signing up for their Loyalty program. Since lunch was so good, I can't wait to go back for dinner. The bar looked fun and the wine list won awards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Allen Street Grill (Hotel State College) reviews archive.