The Alaska Boathouse Restaurant
5268 S Big Lake Rd
Big Lake, AK 99652Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Alaska Boathouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thealaskaboathouse.com/
- Phone: 9078928595x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide event catering for weddings, corporate functions, and retreats of up to 250 persons. We work closely with planners to customize a menu specific to our guests' needs. Our cuisine is American Bistro meets Alaskan comfort food. We offer catering for both our Sunset View Resort guests, our Creekside B&B guests, and off-site clients as well.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room with seating for 20 upstairs from our lakefront dining room. Ideal for business luncheons or conferences, it could also be reserved for an intimate private dining room. When combined with our mezzanine area, this area can accommodate up to 44 for a private function.
- Cross Street: 5322 S BIG LAKE RD
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a large private parking lot adjacent to the restaurant. We also have three floating docks to accommodate boat and float-plane owners during the Summer. When frozen solid, planes and helicopters can land on Big Lake, during the Winter season. Winter sports enthusiasts may park sleds as well. There are other parking areas on our property for over-flow or event parking.
A word from The Alaska Boathouse Restaurant
Upscale, casual, lakefront dining with beautiful sunset and Mount McKinley views. Our menu is reflective of Alaska's seasonal harvest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Alaska Boathouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Don't go hereantihaterDined on 8/10/2014We arrived to the restaurant and there was only one couple there eating. We sat down and ordered drinks and a tourist bus showed up. A few people came in and got to eat and leave before we even got to order food. When the food did arrive it was not the correct order and so it went to a different table. They then tried to take our order again but at that time we were too upset so we paid for our two drinks and left. We went to Red Robin and had a great meal there.Special Features:
- Overall Good ExperiencekdladieDined on 8/9/2014The Boat House was a wonderful place for our date night out with friends. We were seated right away and brought drinks. we did have to wait quite awhile for our appetizer to arrive and then even longer for the entrees to come. We ordered scallops, they were rubbery and not cooked properly. but another person in our party ordered some and they were cooked to perfection, so I suppose its a hit and miss. the prices are very high and there are not many options available. example"mac and cheese came with one cup of pasta and no sides for $14Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjohnDined on 8/9/2014menu is limited, but everything i have tried is fantastic. talented chef. a jewel of a findSpecial Features:
- great chefjohnDined on 7/31/2014outstanding food. i have had chile, fish and chips, and steak at the Boathouse. The fish and chips is the best I have ever had - anywhere, ever! Very talented chef. Hope he comes back next season!Special Features:
- Great place for brunch!SroseDined on 6/21/2014I had a friend out from Anchorage, we were very pleased with the service and food we received. The portions were nice, we were able to share a sweet and a savory with no problem. The mimosa was a full glass of champagne with a splash of fresh squeezed orange juice. I had eggs benedict and the eggs were poached to perfection and the hollandaise sauce was made with a quality butter and the right amount of sauce was used so that it complimented the eggs and English muffin not over powered it.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Alaska Boathouse Restaurant reviews archive.