The Alamo Bar and Grill - Newbury Park
2311 Borchard Road
Newbury Park, CA 91320Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
The Alamo Bar and Grill - Newbury Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thealamobarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 8054983115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3;00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering service is your choice of "pick up", "drop off" or "full service set up". Choose from a full lunch or dinner buffet to something as easy as a tray of tacos or enchiladas. Check out our website for a downloadable catering and banquet menu.
A word from The Alamo Bar and Grill - Newbury Park
Bienvenidos, Welcome! The Alamo is a full service Mexican Restaurant with great tasting, authentic Mexican dishes, a full bar and facilities for banquets and caterings. It’s a great place for a nice dinner for two with a couple of award winning margaritas or a great place to bring the whole family and friends to celebrate a birthday or anniversary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Alamo Bar and Grill - Newbury Park reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great for quick good Mexican food.Horsepl56Dined on 8/1/2014You won't go bad eating here. They have a nice variety of Mexican foods that are authentic. The alcoholic drinks are good and the atmosphere great for parties or a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the The Alamo Bar and Grill - Newbury Park reviews archive.
- nice restaurantdining1Dined on 7/1/2014good food and atmosphere. friendly staff as well. good selection of beers.Special Features:
- good fooddining1Dined on 6/17/2014very good mexican food. Taco tuesday seemed very popular too.Special Features:
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/20141. Table was ready for us upon arriving. 2. Staff was VERY friendly! 3. Food was excellent! 4. Hand made guacamole, prepared in front of us, tasted amazing! 5. Hand made tortillas were also fantastic! 6. Would definately return again and again.Special Features:
- Food great, service lackinghorsepl56Dined on 3/28/2014The amount of patrons were light but it took forever to get our food.Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood PlacefarmboyfoodieVIPDined on 1/10/2014The food is always consistent with good sized portions. We always have enough to take home for a second meal. The chips and salsa are plentiful. The service is not always consistent, sometimes you have to wait too long for service. However, the wait staff is always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My father was the founderAlamo1Dined on 9/1/2013My father was the founder and creator of The Alamo restaurant. It was great to revisit and enjoy the food again along with my relatives that I have not seen in ages. We so enjoyed the Sunday brunch and the wonderful tantalizing array of great food. Omir our server was wonderful as always. Thank you for the memorable visit. Remember the Alamo y Viva Porfiirio Campos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter needed search party!SecondFoxDined on 6/13/2013We came at 2:15 pm with a party of 7 and were the only table seated in the entire restaurant. Three of the ladies in our party were retiring from our company, it was an important but light hearted event. Our waiter was so far away and hard to find that I had to actually walk through the restaurant to the bar (3 times!) to ask for our waiter, more beers, more chips & and to tell him we were ready to order. The food was great as always. The only thing odd was the absent waiter. Thank you for asking my opinion. I will always come back. The Alamo has been part of my life for 16 years. You a a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The decor was noticeably old,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013The decor was noticeably old, rundown, and in need of a remodel. The food was good except for the salad. The service was attentive.
- Overall good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Overall good experience. A bit of a mix up with open table reservation but they accomodated us well.
- Should have walked out whenElrodDined on 12/23/2012Should have walked out when they handed us the tattered menus. It went downhill from there. Poor service and below average food....a bad combination. I think they forgot we were there a couple times. We'll never go back.
- Not the experience I expectOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/19/2012Not the experience I expect from an opentable restaurant. Service left a lot to be desired. No eating utensils were provided. Not a place I would go in a business or social setting.