122 West 26th St.
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ainsworthnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127410645
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Thursday - Friday*: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday*: 10:00am - 2:30am, Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00am (* 23 & Older after 11:00pm on Friday & Saturday)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Ainsworth
The Ainsworth is a multipurpose venue comprised of a full scale restaurant, bar and lounge, and event space located at 122 West 26th Street in the heart of Chelsea. Amongst the chic paisley wallpaper and the antique pine wood interior are 40 flat screen TV's waiting to showcase any media display to create an ideal ambiance. With state of the art AV and Sound capabilities, catering facilities and multifunctional furniture and layout options, The Ainsworth is your one-stop-shop for any event. Our savory and unique 60-item dining menu touches upon everything from brunch, lunch, dinner and even delivery. In addition, we also have a full in-house catering, corporate menu which offers over 30 different platters, 40 hot and cold passed hors d'oeurvres, and 14 different buffet options to choose from as well as being able to create a menu tailored to your event needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Ainsworth - Best Restaurants in Chelsea ›
The Ainsworth reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Loved it!TerryDined on 8/10/2014The salmon, mashed potatoes, and sautéed spinach were the best I've had in a long time! Perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodGP10Dined on 8/2/2014Brunch was awesome, will definitely return. Go for the ricotta pancakes, so filling, but worth it.Special Features:
- Food is very averagefoodhopperDined on 6/19/2014Looks a lot better than it is. Was highly recommended so I tried it out & took some clients for a casual week night catch up & to watch a game. The food was very ordinary bar style. The wings were fatty/lacked flavor, I think they were undercooked. The nachos needed to be sent back - the cheese inside was uncooked/cold. They recooked it but instead of cooking it slowly, they seemed to simply remove the cheese & tourched the outside. The wit staff disappear for extended periods. The lady overseeing the entire barstaff was really good at saying sorry but not much else. It is very loud & difficult to hold a conversation, if that's what you like. However, it's a beautiful space & a great place to watch sport. Shame they can't get it right.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the The Ainsworth reviews archive.
- JetsetterDined on 5/24/2014We watched the NBA playoffs there, the vibe was energetic, the food was great and there were enough flat screens to accommodate everyone. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014It took us an hour to get food, they forgot my friend's wine, my turkey burger tasted "off." I was very disappointed as I had heard good things...
- I wanted to watch the Heat game..FoodandSportsDined on 5/10/2014I wanted to watch the Heat game, so my friends and I specifically chose a restaurant that was also a sports bar. When we arrived for our reservation, I asked the hostess for a table where we could see the tvs, specifically one that was right in front of us and available. She informed me that I needed to reserve those tables and when I told her that I had a reservation, she said that didn't matter. So heads up, if you make a reservation with intentions to see a tv, it may be better to call and request specific tables that have proper viewing, rather than doing it online and being put in any spot where you may have to squint to see their small tvs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much of an institutionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/2/2014Went there to watch both NY Rangers and Brooklyn Nets games that were on TV at time same time. Staff kicked us out of our tables before the games were over due to another reservation. What sort of sports bar does that? Also, seems too overpriced.Special Features:
- Mixed experienceJustdroppinginDined on 4/30/2014Really not sure why a "sports bar" would feature relentlessly thumping music, which seemed like the same noise loop playing over and over. Would recommend they drop it a few decibels and let the actual sports fan cheer or jeer over the din. We were told the food was the drawing and it was overall good, though the Branzino was inedible and the salmon very mediocre. Stick to pub basics and steaks and you'll do alright, better still find a real sports bar.
- CynthiaVIPDined on 4/27/2014While the prices are reasonable, the food was just so-so. Our order included eggs benedict and steak and eggs. One of my eggs had a sour taste to it. The steak wasn't bad. The order of fries was ok - not crispy enough. I would not recommend this restaurant, unless you wanted to watch a sporting event - plenty of TVs all around. If you must go, go for the game, not the food.
- Good sports bar restaurantJTC713Dined on 4/24/2014Went here with a bunch of people. Had a great time. The staff was nice and helpful. Food was good too. Beer selection seemed a bit limited, but nevertheless adequate. Surprised that they didn't have Heineken Light. Overall, it was a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday afternoonFudgeDined on 4/20/2014Was quiet on Easter Sunday food was okay, a little pricey for a small hamburger on English muffin- $16.00. Fries were soggy not crispy. Not bad but not great either. Liked Ainsworth Park much better.Special Features:
- over priced sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Been here for a college game and drink specials made cost reasonable. Came here for brunch and not worth the cost. Otherwise a classy alternative to a sports bar but 13 dollar bloody marys and 15 dollars eggs over easy are a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to watch sportssarbDined on 4/13/2014They were great arranging the tv's to fit all the games we wanted to watch. Service was very, very slow, but the general atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014I will be back. Great service. Great cucumber gin drink!Special Features:
- Stay away!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/21/2014They were out of most items on the menu, screwed up our order.. Service was deplorable, would not go back again.Special Features:
- Too NoisyHatchsmitjDined on 2/20/2014Decent food and staff but cavernous, loud music with heavy bass and terrible acoustics. You cannot carry on a conversation without shouting and constantly asking your dinner mates to repeat what they said.Special Features:
- The food was HORRIBLE!!!JPNYCVIPDined on 2/17/2014You couldn't pay me to go eat there again. The tuna tacos were fishy, the spinach artichoke dip was watery, the nachos were soaked with grease, the sliders & wings were dry. The whole meal was just wrong and awful. Oh and the bloody mary, skip that too! If you like beer and fries maybe this place is for you, other then that seek somewhere else out.
- Good sports barJessNYCVIPDined on 2/13/2014Ainsworth is a good high end sports bar. It wasn't very crowded because of the impending storm. The service was great and the food was pretty decent for a sports bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We showed up at eleven am.AwesomeVIPDined on 2/9/2014We showed up at eleven am. The verbaige used by our server was all wrong. We ordered food and she said "ooo I am a fat girl too" ...bad commentary. Even though we told her we were on a time constraint- the food came forty-five minutes later- it was sub par and we had asked for it three times. Not good. We chose it because it was right accross the street from where we needed to be. Would not go back.
- OKay spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2014Food was too "meh" for the price. Patrons seemed to be very bro-y which is not my scene; will not be back. Good happy hour though.
- Good for Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2014Young professional crowd, upscale sports bar, better-than-bar food, good drinks. Great for a casual happy hour. Would not recommend, however, if interesting or delicious or healthy dining is the main intention.Special Features:
- Big fan - disappointed by serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/6/2014Used to be my favorite bar in the city. Although my last visit was horrible. I called twice to make sure that my table of 8 that I reserved a week on advance would be in the middle section away from the door. They assured me both times that the request was noted and I would be all set . When I arrived they seated is right by the door even though 2 other tables were open (reserved but unoccupied). I have no tolerance for that, especially when we had plenty of advance and could have made our reservation elsewhere.
- Good FoodJredstangVIPDined on 12/23/2013Went on a Monday night before Christmas Eve and found a relatively quiet restaurant. Food came quick, was tasty, and looked attractive. Waitress wasn't as prompt with other services and checking in but overall it was a nice night. Pricey for some items but for a special occasion or a fun night out ... price isn't importantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a weekday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/16/2013I've been to the Ainsworth a number of times and while the food is solid, the service- specifically weekday lunch- is consistently terrible. While she was very nice, I'm pretty sure our waitress was the only one working and with 8-10 tables of other diners is was not ideal. More than once we had to get up to find her to order drinks and even put in our order. I had hoped that they had gotten their lunch game together, but sadly it seems that in the year since I had been there they have not.
- Great Lite LunchgastrogirlDined on 12/11/2013We stopped in before going to the Wendy Williams show. I had chosen the restaurant on line because of the delicious sounding salads, and they were delicious. We had two different shrimp salads and they were both great. Would definitely go back and tell others to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit noisy but worth tryingymvgDined on 12/3/2013The ambience is ok, but a little bit noisy. The food was very nice for an informal dinner. Worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for post-work dinnerMargotDined on 12/3/2013Really enjoyed my meal at the Ainsworth. The food was exactly what we were looking for and the appetizers were so tasty. Really enjoyed the energetic music and bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Tuesday night spot for a groupStickyEaterDined on 10/29/2013Had family in town an needed a decent midtown spot. Ainsworth came to mind, and I'm glad it did. We had to sit near the entrance due to kids under 21, but that was no problem. Sound levels are borderline too high- hard to hear from one end of table to the other. Worried about the food grade letter, but in the end the food was good. Hope they get back to A! I've been here before and the bar scene is great for after work, plenty of room and stand-up tables. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowrumsDined on 10/22/2013Slow, every order was taken way to late, drinks, appetizers and entrees. Once we did finally get our food it was good though. K
- Good food, not great conversationMSM13VIPDined on 10/9/2013Loved the food and decor, happy to have tried it. Sadly went there to catch up with friends and couldn't hear anything they said over the noise of the sports bar atmosphere I wasn't expecting. Would still likely return, just caught off guard. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food just- eh....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2013Great location, nice ambiaence. Too noisy for any converstion. Dinner menu was average to me. Food was not the best quality I thought was going to be. Good spot to gather with friends, drink & if you don't care what you eat when you ge the munchies.Special Features:
- For sports loversTK81Dined on 9/30/2013Great place if you're looking to eat and watch a game, but the prices are definitely Manhattan. Also not a place to meet new people, more about staying at your table with whoever you came with.Special Features:
- Bring EarplugsKris1006Dined on 9/20/2013I came here with a group and we were seated towards the front of the restaurant, away from the bar. I think this was probably the most quiet section but the music was still so loud that we had to scream at each other in order to hear each other talk. The service was surprisingly slow despite the fact that the dining area was only half-full. The food was pretty good but no one could get past the loud music and we rushed to finish our meals so that we could leave. It was such a relief when we finally did. I would only recommend The Ainsworth if you don't want to talk to the person you're dining with, because it is almost impossible to do so here.Special Features:
- Don't Miss: Shortrib Grilled CheeseAnnieEVIPDined on 8/30/2013Dropped in for a drink and quick bite to eat and was happily surprised. Wonderful cocktails and delicious food! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisasterPhil50VIPDined on 8/28/2013We have dined here before. We had reservations. Upon arrival, there was an "event" of college football fans. It was quite noisy, but we were seated. We ordered drinks and food. We received our drinks. After a while, we were asked for a credit card or driver's license to hold until we left because they were concerned that people might leave without paying. I told the waitress that I was not part of that group. I was having dinner with my family and would not comply. She sent over a supervisor. He would not bend, so I told him to cancel the food and bring a check for the drinks. I waited forever for the check. I told him that he lost a regular customer.
- Empty restaurant had slow serviceLuv4foodVIPDined on 8/27/2013Service was unbelievably slow during lunch and the restaurant wasn't busy. Disappointing when having lunch on a special occasion with colleagues within a specific time frame. Will not go back.Special Features:
- good brunchAmandaDined on 8/18/2013got a deal here on amazon local--pretty good food, more of a sportsbar than anything else. a nice place with decent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitOutstandingVIPDined on 8/9/2013This was the first time staying in this area and we found this lovely bar, pretty big considering most bars in NYC are so tight. the food good and so were the drinks. The Ainsworth Bloody was a hit with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classy sports bar decent foodJjnycVIPDined on 8/3/2013went with a bunch of friends. it wasn't game night so noise was fine for dinner and food was way better than expected. drinks were decent including the wines. Bill was not outrageous and we had fun. It's a cool atmosphere. When bar got busy around 11pm the noise made it hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLive2eatVIPDined on 7/27/2013Food was good no complaints and the staff was very nice and accommodating would def go back .Special Features: