1 Ahwahnee Road
Yosemite Village, CA 95389Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room - Ahwahnee Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yosemitepark.com/
- Phone: 2093721489x
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Brunch Buffet: Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
For Dinner, We respectfully ask Gentlemen to wear long pants and a collared shirt. We ask Ladies to wear a Dress, Skirt, or Long Pants with a Blouse. For One and All: Please NO Shorts, T-Shirts, or Tank Tops.
Casual Dress for Breakfast, Lunch and Brunch.
For dinner, reservations are strongly recommended. For breakfast, lunch, and brunch, reservations for are recommended for all parties. Walk-ins will be accepted based on table availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Percy Whatley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Anderson 8015595050x
- Entertainment: Piano player during dinner service nightly and Sundays during brunch service.
- Special Events: Reserve Thanksgiving Dinner (11/27/14) through our Fresno Reservations Office by calling (801) 559-4935.
- Cross Street: Village Drive
- Public Transit: Stop #3 on complimentary Yosemite Valley Shuttle route.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Hotel parking lots and complimentary Valet service available. Parking at The Ahwahnee is limited. Day use parking in Yosemite Village is encouraged. Free shuttles run regularly for transportation to and from all lodgings within Yosemite Valley.
Over the years, The Ahwahnee Dining Room has played host to presidents, royalty and celebrities, in addition to countless visitors, and it continues to be regarded as one of the most impressive dining rooms in the United States.
The Ahwahnee Dining Room conveys a feeling of elegance and refinement while maintaining a comfortable, natural atmosphere. The logs of stripped and polished sugar pine, which support the 34-foot-high beamed ceilings, reinforce the rustic ambiance that is reflective of The Ahwahnee’s mountain surroundings. Wrought iron candelabras suspended from the sugar pine timbers, together with iron candelabras on the tables, create a medieval atmosphere.
Under the culinary leadership of Executive Chef Percy Whatley, The Ahwahnee Dining Room offers traditional California cuisine for breakfast and dinner daily. An array of excellent California wines are also featured on the menu.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
- Beyond perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014The Ahwahnee Sunday brunch exceeded my expectations in every way. The dining room is exquisite and the view is perfect (how can you get better than sweeping views of the Yosemite Valley?). The food was delicious with overwhelming variety and abundance. We had window seats, and the whole time we were eating there was a family of deer grazing on the grass not more than 20 feet away! You'd be crazy to pass this up if you're in Yosemite Valley on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Once served it's a great experienceLocalSanJoseNativeDined on 9/28/2014Upon being seated it took almost 15 minutes for our server to show up. Upon which he rudely asked 'Do you want some?' when we said we hadn't even seen the menu yet. We weren't sure if there was lack of communication between the wait staff that we had been seated and were waiting but once we ordered the service was fine. The view is spectacular and the ambiance is wonderful, it certainly is a gorgeous place to have a meal. There is no way the buffet they had out would have been worth $45 each, we couldn't see ever justifying spending $100 on a breakfast regardless of location. We chose to share a plated meal and the server brought it out to us on two separate plates, we were pleased to find out they didn't charge extra for that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Huge stone and timber dining room. Opulent rural hideaway. Perfectly executed traditional food. Great service. Excellent wine list. Pricey but memorable for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Room with a Viewbeatlegirl53Dined on 9/26/2014The dining room at the Ahwahnee Hotel is visually stunning. The menu is varied, using seasonal ingredients. The chef and waitstaff are very accommodating, if you have a special request or dietary challenge just let them know. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and considering the number of people dining there, our meals were well paced from appetizer through dessert. It is on the expensive side, but in our opinion worth the money, especially considering the remote location. Reserve a table by the window if you will dine before dark.Special Features:
- One of a kindBarberyleahDined on 9/26/2014A trip to Yosemite is made particularly special with an extravagant meal at the Ahwahnee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Celebration.NanRDined on 9/26/2014Seated in the window at Table 132, we could watch the deer grazing in the the meadow. The wait staff were friendly and attentive. My husband chose the fish special of black cod over a wheatberry risotto and I had the swordfish over ratatouille; both were excellent. This was the perfect way to begin our weekend in Yosemite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAAAZING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014I was married at the Awahnee in 1996 and have returned many times for visits. This past week-end Sept 26th I had the pleasure of dining there again! I believe it may have been the best the food ever was. The service was outstanding, the Matre'D delightful. It was absolutely a delightful evening and I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Wonderful food in a special place with great service made our visit to Yosemite completeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahwahnee DiningRogerHDined on 9/25/2014Well, you should never go to Yosemite for the food, but the Ahwahnee is the most notable exception. It is high end dining and comes with the requisite price too. You won't be disappointed in the service or the food...we had Jerry (assistant Chad) as our server who attended our table (2) and he was great...sharing his own recipe for bread pudding! We had the roasted Brussels sprouts (excellent), the watermelon/arugula salad and 2 soups (lobster bisque and the night's special - Tuscan bean soup). All were well prepared and served nicely. We topped the dinner off by sharing a bread pudding made with croissants and chocolate. It was to die for! Jerry shared his own personal recipe for croissant pudding. Overall a nice dinner with good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Walking into the vast, candlelit, elegant dining room at dusk with live piano music quietly playing in the background was a wonderful, exhilarating experience. We were there to celebrate my 65th birthday, and it was so memorable. Contrary to reviews I had read of the food being overrated, we both had wonderful dinners. The prices are expensive, but I felt worth it just to experience that beautiful dining room. Service was excellent and we never felt rushed. I had requested a table near a window, which was honored and we were at the edge of the dining room which was relatively quiet. A truly memorable evening.Special Features:
- Most Beautiful Place in the WorldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014We ate there 37 years ago and it was great to come back and enjoy the restaurant again this past week. Still beautiful and the food was still very good. The server has been there for 35 years. Obviously the people running this hotel and restaurant have a sense of duty and respect for the place this hotel and restaurant have in the hearts of many...and it shows. I have traveled over 3,000,000 air miles and have been all over the US, Europe and Asia for my work. This hotel and restaurant are my favorites. Spectacular.Special Features:
- Food was Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Food was not good. Prime Rib was tasteless and fatty. Chicken was dry. Yosemite is not known for its food...but this Anawahnee Dining experience was not worth it...but with a captive audience and no where else to dine...
- OkayBamabellDined on 9/23/2014I had high expectations for this restaurant. I was disappointed. This was just average. Something I could get anywhere at MUCH cheaper prices.Special Features:
- Much anticipated Tuesday dinnerChefKDined on 9/23/2014After a horrible Monday, my dad had a pre curser to a stroke, my boyfriend did not bring suitable shoes, or a shirt, I went ahead and dressed up, though no one else did to my satisfaction. The wait staff was extraordinary, helpful and patient. The appetizers were amazing, we had the scallops, and the crab cakes. My dad had the swordfish, and Brian had the Fillet with the prawns, I saw the pork chop...I said really?? Out of every thing that is on this menu, a pork chop? It was wonderful, the best I have had in years. (I am a chef, so I always try to figure out what the chefs will do to my food! )The men both enjoyed their dinners, and the desserts. A experience to be remembered until the next time I dine at the Ahwahnee. Thank you, Chef KSpecial Features:
- Very impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014The dining room is really impressive, very magic and beautifully decorated. The atmosphere is really amazing. The waiters were really helpful and very friendly. The food ordered was delicious and the wine really good also. We had to try the home made cheesecake even though we were full and really happy we dis as it was gorgeous.Special Features:
- Rude waiter, overpriced foodZoni81Dined on 9/22/2014We were so looking forward to a fun night at the Ahwahnee. It started off very badly when I asked the waiter what was in their signature drink - the El Capitini. He said vodka and some other stuff ! My swordfish was overcooked and salty. I would never go back. This is the first review I have ever written because I was so disappointed.Special Features:
- MenugolfDined on 9/21/2014They do not have a veg. menu. They also do not have options of a smaller size meal. Same menu day after day after day so if you are staying more that one night their may not be something you like.Special Features:
- luvchicagoDined on 9/21/2014I know you pay for the atmosphere, but I think the prices are over priced. The service was good.
- Fabulous BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014It was my birthday and myself and 10 other people went to their Grand Sunday Brunch after making reservations. The food was delicious. Download the menu to see the spread. I liked that coffee, tea, and drinks were included. The service was excellent. A great place for a special day.Special Features:
- Best serviceWarrenBDined on 9/20/2014I arrived 1 and 1/2 hours late and they were still able to accommodate me. Everybody called me by my name and made me feel very comfortable and relaxed after a long drive. I would go back anytime.Special Features:
- Memorable EveningCathyDined on 9/20/2014The Ahwahnee Dining Room proved to be an excellent choice for celebrating our anniversary. The beauty of the historic dining room with its spectacular Yosemite views can't be beat. The delicious food and friendly service all helped to make the evening one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Bucket ListOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I decided that I would like to visit Yosemite again for a couple of days after many years, and the special part of it was lunch at the Ahwahnee. We arrived early, and the maître d' was very pleasant and arranged for us eight-year-olds to have the "newly-wed" table. We have actually been wed 63 years. We felt very pampered and enjoyed the event immensely. If we never get back from the southern desert again, it will always be in our memory bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yosemite's Magic Dining RoomAtascaderoCathyDined on 9/20/2014Went with a dear friend for breakfast and got our window seat. Went for the buffet and was the way to go as all is inclusive. The Ahwahnee dining room is the most beautiful experience. A must by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning dining roomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Beautiful room, lovely staff, delicious food- price tag to match. Make sure you have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant eveningRuby67Dined on 9/19/2014The Awahnee dining room is not to be missed, even if you are just passing through to check out the hotel. But dining there is very special. The staff is attentive, the food nicely prepared and presented. This is a perfect place for a special occasion. The service was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/19/2014Service and food quality exceeded my expectations (I had set my expectations a bit lower thinking it's a national park concessionaire). Service was professional and worthy of a 5 star restaurant. A wonderful view and a beautiful dining room, a true American classic. As for the food, I'll give it 4.5 out of 5. I've had better (thicker) steaks in a true steakhouse. With a couple minor tweaks to the food, this place would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant & surroundingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Beautiful restaurant & surroundings, great food, nice ambiance, very good service all in the Yosemite Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant dining in the forestSBJimDined on 9/18/2014Dined there with another couple from Florida who were visiting Yosemite for the first time. It was a memorable experience for all of us. Great setting, food and service.Special Features:
- Ahwahnee Hotel diningDebiDined on 9/18/2014This was a special dinner with family and friends and even tho it was definitely pricey it was well worth the money. Food was spot on. My steak was done perfectly, the duck was extremely tasty, as was the lamb. The only thing was the Brussels sprouts were a tad under done. Noise level was great. We could hear the piano player at all times. Of course how could you beat Yosemite Park for views. Overall everything was perfect, and as long as you know before going that it is pricey I would recommend this restaurnt.Special Features:
- OverratedSaheDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant was good food- wise but the table service was lacklustre.Special Features:
- One of our Favorite RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Magnificent scenery, unique ambiance, elegant 5 star gourmet food and exqisite service. We have been going to the Ahwahnee in Yosemite Valley every 3 or 4 years for the last 45 years. It is always a special place, and we always look forward to it. We have never been disappointed. We are treated like Lords and Ladies, the Ahwahnee puts Downton Abbey to shame.The great dining room with its huge windows looking out on Yosemite Valley's trees and cliffs makes this dining experience unrivalled in the US. This time, we had a perfect senior waiter they must have imported from Europe, and he treated us like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SienaedDined on 9/18/2014The food and selection are as good as ever. The price is for special occasions but is still reasonable. We enjoyed the romantic atmosphere the most. We will recommend to other people and we will be back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeatimeDined on 9/18/2014Great place to eat while at Yosemite . Go for lunch , much more casual. More expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKLiz28Dined on 9/16/2014There is no competition in the area re restaurants so the hotel is very busy. The building is stunning but the dining room was very cold & the food expensive for the quality provided. Dining room service was quick & charming. Worth a visit for the buding alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningMugginsDined on 9/16/2014This is an excellent place to have a great meal. We loved our experience. An accomplished pianist entertained us without the music being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cakesDined on 9/15/2014The Awahnee has lost it's edge. They advertise a dress code they do not enforce. I drove several hundred miles just for lunch and managed a collared shirt and long pants out of my motorcycle and sat next to a table of four in t-shirts and shorts. I had to ask for ground pepper for my salad and pasta. Although the fettucine was cooked correctly and presented well it was so bland. Not enough garlic much less any spice. The restaurant will have to come a long way before I pay another visit.Special Features:
- Always a delightHalfMoonBayConsumerDined on 9/14/2014We love Sunday brunch at the Ahwahnee dinning room. A most special place for dinning anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AhwaneeGacnurseDined on 9/12/2014These guys, and this place completely dropped the ball on our experience there. The host was rude, the food was just ok, the service was unattentive for instance; We sat with our finished cold plates for a full 15 minutes waiting to have them picked up and recieve a desert menu. We werent seated at the table we were promised, they didnt read the notes that accompanied our reservation at all. Very very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Worth a visit!FoodFan1Dined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner...the watermelon salad and burrata appetizers were excellent. The pasta and pork chop dishes were also quite good. The steaks were a bit on the "charred" side - not burnt, but with char-broiled bits on the sides. I'd order medium-rare if you like medium. The Ahwahnee Cabernet was very nice. All in all, a memorable evening - and a very special place.Special Features:
- Stale breakfast buffetmlgb2Dined on 9/12/2014Recommend not having the hot items on the buffet. They were allowed to sit for far too long, dried out pancakes. broken Hollandaise and hard toast on the Benedict. Nearly an hour before they were replaced.Special Features: