1 Ahwahnee Road
Yosemite Village, CA 95389Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room - Ahwahnee Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yosemitepark.com/
- Phone: 2093721489x
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Brunch Buffet: Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
For Dinner, We respectfully ask Gentlemen to wear long pants and a collared shirt. We ask Ladies to wear a Dress, Skirt, or Long Pants with a Blouse. For One and All: Please NO Shorts, T-Shirts, or Tank Tops.
Casual Dress for Breakfast, Lunch and Brunch.
For dinner, reservations are strongly recommended. For breakfast, lunch, and brunch, reservations for are recommended for all parties. Walk-ins will be accepted based on table availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Percy Whatley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
As of Oct. 20, 2014, the Ahwahnee Dining Room will require a credit card to be placed on hold for reservations made for parties of 7+. If your party’s plans change, we ask that AT LEAST 48 hours notice be provided to the dining room if you are altering the reservation. No money will be charged at the time of booking; however, if we do not receive advance notice, we will charge $100.00 to the credit card.
A dining reservationist will be contacting you to confirm your party details and obtain credit card information which is held securely until the duration of your stay. Upon the completion of your reservations, the credit card information you have provided will be destroyed.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Anderson 8015595050x
- Entertainment: Piano player during dinner service nightly and Sundays during brunch service.
- Special Events: Reserve Thanksgiving Dinner (11/27/14) through our Fresno Reservations Office by calling (801) 559-4935.
- Cross Street: Village Drive
- Public Transit: Stop #3 on complimentary Yosemite Valley Shuttle route.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Hotel parking lots and complimentary Valet service available. Parking at The Ahwahnee is limited. Day use parking in Yosemite Village is encouraged. Free shuttles run regularly for transportation to and from all lodgings within Yosemite Valley.
Over the years, The Ahwahnee Dining Room has played host to presidents, royalty and celebrities, in addition to countless visitors, and it continues to be regarded as one of the most impressive dining rooms in the United States.
The Ahwahnee Dining Room conveys a feeling of elegance and refinement while maintaining a comfortable, natural atmosphere. The logs of stripped and polished sugar pine, which support the 34-foot-high beamed ceilings, reinforce the rustic ambiance that is reflective of The Ahwahnee’s mountain surroundings. Wrought iron candelabras suspended from the sugar pine timbers, together with iron candelabras on the tables, create a medieval atmosphere.
Under the culinary leadership of Executive Chef Percy Whatley, The Ahwahnee Dining Room offers traditional California cuisine for breakfast and dinner daily. An array of excellent California wines are also featured on the menu.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
- Yosemite is heaven on earth!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014A MUST for anyone who appreciates fine dining, breathtaking views, historic relevance and a once in a lifetime experienceSpecial Features:
- Beyond expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The Awahnee is legendary and while it could be hard to live up to that reputation, the staff, setting, and meal truley were extraordinary. Fabulous swordfish grilled with a fine sear and tender, moist interior. I was suspicious of the arugula pesto sauce, but it was perfect. Extensive wine list arranged by varietal. Very helpful waiter let us taste a few to decide which bottle to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A so-so experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The staff was friendly, the service poor & slow. The prime rib was small , tough, & expensive; though, the lamb shank was good. No one checked with us on the meal. There was no indication of bar service on the menu, nor were we offered cocktails from the bar. The dress code was emphasized on the web site, but was not even close to being enforced. Go to Yosemite for the splendor and the glory of a world class destination, you will not be disappointed. The Ahwahnee Hotel, on the other hand was a disappointment. We will not go back.
- Beautiful setting, but overpricedloveitalian711Dined on 10/18/2014it is a beautiful setting in the heart of Yosemite, in a very traditional lodge. The lodge itself is really lovely, with nice outdoor seating. The dining room is very large and lovely. The food was only so so for the price in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Disappointed we were seated so late--had an 8:30 reservation but hoped be be seated before---When we went and asked about our reservation--we were seated immediately ---at 8:30--but the dining room was at least 1/2 empty--by the time we finished was almost deserted---Truly feel we could have been seated earlier and would have been much more enjoyable--I understand how restaurants work with the kitchen and waiters--But most of the waiters at that time were just standing around---A little disappointing--because I love it so much and really wanted to impress a friend--Oh Well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014The food was excellent. It was hot and was presented in a timely manner. It was a busy night there and we enjoyed the experience. The waiter was snooty and we find that unnecessary .Special Features:
- DisappointedBistroloverDined on 10/15/2014We made reservation for dinner at 7 PM and arrived promptly. We were seated at a table close to the exit from the kitchen where the waiters constantly came out with food to be served. We asked for a table change and were told that we would have to wait 30-45 minutes. The constant passing of the waiters plus the noise of placing used dishes in a table by the wall close to our table made it an unpleasant experience. Not what we expected.Special Features:
- Seriously?BabsmithDined on 10/15/2014When we were initially seated at a table for two, by the window, overlooking a construction shield – we did request a different table and were accommodated. The service was delightful, the dining room interesting but the food was marginal. clearly, you become a captive audience for the legend of the Ahawhanee hotel. I ordered the veggieburger which turned out to just be dreadful - the ciabbata bread tasted stale, the steak fries were acceptable but the veggie burger was dry, crumbling and tasteless. My recommendation is go there, enjoy the vistas, take some photographs and sit in the lounge and enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine. I really couldn't recommend anything else.
- Hmmmm, Probably DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014The Ahwahnee Dining room is magnificent. My husband and I enjoyed cocktails and a delicious brussels sprout appetizer made with capers, bacon, parmesan cheese, lemon and butter. We ordered our dinner and somehow the order was lost and we waited over an hour before we spoke up. The waitstaff apologized and was very honest about the mix up. They offered to deliver it to our room. Mistakes happen! Everything on our neighbors plates looked scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHoneymoonersDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I came here for our Honeymoon, it was fantastic. You need to book a few weeks in advance because they fill up quickly, but the food and the view were so worth it. They had a wonderful selection from a 3 or 4 course menu and a huge selection of wines for all pallets. Bring your appetite and your love for a wonderful scenic view of the Yosemite valley and mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFernandoDined on 10/13/2014Gorgeous place, you have your meal on the Yosemite Valley and this is special for his own, plus of that, the place is an ancient hotel, made on the 30's, after your lunch/dinner is possible to visit some halls decorated with old furniture and watch old time pictures hanged on the wall.Special Features:
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/12/2014Surprisingly mediorce. The overall food quality has declined a bit since my last visit 5 years ago. For that price per person, amazing views and overall setting, we expected more from the food side of the experience. We arrived at Noon, to no waffles, no pancakes and over cooked eggs benedict. We were disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchtravellerDined on 10/12/2014Terrific time. Great setting and food. The service was top notch and we were treated wonderfully. Price is right for a super experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful Old Grand Lodge DiningSanJoseHappyTravelerDined on 10/11/2014We go for the historic building experience with world class views of Yosemite. The service has always been excellent. We go for lunch and the chef always had a very good soup of the day - cream of chicken this time - best I've ever had. I will remember next time: order a bowl (not a cup) of the soup and a salad.Special Features:
- Historic, do not missAndreM5Dined on 10/10/2014Food is OK, some dishes very nice. Best meal is breakfast when the views are every where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at tha AhwahneetevmadDined on 10/10/2014Queens table two of the three nights. The food was outstanding as usual and the service, memorableSpecial Features:
- Magical momentsKhunkalDined on 10/10/2014The Ahwahnee Hotel Dinning Room is a gem - the room is majestic, the food a joy, and the service impeccable. A must visit if you find yourself in Yosemite Valley.Special Features:
- Menu needs updatingGreenGroveVIPDined on 10/8/2014A spectacular dinng room, like no other, equal to ts extraordinary setting. Service iexcellent (despite short staff due to nearby forest fire). Quality of ingredients very good as is preparation. The menu has barely changed in the time we've been visiting--stuck in the 1960s country club mode. A few items reflect more current tastes--a lobster bisque w coconut and other Thai influences was delicious. I recognize that many guests prefer more traditional fare. A better balance between old and new is needed.
- Superb as usualtinwoodmanDined on 10/6/2014We have always enjoyed dining at the Ahwahnee. Now we're trying to make it an annual event. Not cheap but well worth the price.Special Features:
- disappointing lunchKID1966Dined on 10/6/2014poor service, server had to reminded twice that she forgot to bring out our complete order, then brought the wrong item, twice! sandwich roll was very dry, stale. Pasta was mushy - way over cooked. Over priced for what is served. Would not mind being overchared if the food was at least good. Beautiful hotel and setting does not make up for poor quality and service. not one of the highlights of Yosemite we were expecting.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014We had a delicious dinner with excellent service. The meal was one of the best I have hadSpecial Features:
- Beautiful Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Brunch at the Ahwahnee is a great way to reward yourself for that gigantic hike (as we did). We had a large group of family and were accommodated well. We did need to ask for children's menus and the separate breakfast menu, but once we had that, everyone was happy. We had birthdays to celebrate, as well, and they had a great cupcake presentation for the birthday boys. We love the room and the view here-so beautiful!!Special Features:
- Beautiful dining roomdiningdonnaVIPDined on 10/4/2014Lovely location for a special dinner. Service was very attentive and the food was great.Special Features:
- for the location, not the foodchu105VIPDined on 10/3/2014Servers were both great! Had crab cake and onion soup to start, then pork chop and ny steak entrees. Food just ok, price is made up for the location. Pianist was playing weird arrangements of songs haha
- Beautiful, but should be betterkalchebDined on 10/3/2014The Ahwahnee is beautiful, but the kitchen and service is slow. The meals varied from excellent to fair. The service (or the kitchen) were always slow, too slow to be considered leisurely. We ate breakfast, lunch and two dinners there while we were stayed at the Ahwahnee for a week, and we would have dined there more frequently if it had been better.Special Features:
- Couldn't fill out the shoes!Rolle27Dined on 10/3/2014Well, I want say that the food wasn't eatable, because it was - but with a pricelevel the matches a michelin level restaurant, it failed big time in any aspect. It is really that simple. I had a +20 dollars glas of redwine that was served in a small glas probably made for white wine? The meat was a 58 dollars cut with no taste, the gravy was tasteless etc. Nope, not coming back. I ordered a table a long time in advance, but still had to stand outside and wait for almost 30 minutes. Did they offer a drink, did they say sorry to keep you waiting, did they do anything .. NO, NO, NO
- Awahnee. first timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The ambiance and food were wonderful. The service was lacking a little. Waiter never came back halfway thruthemeal to check on us. Had to flag other help staff down to order more drinks (only our second each) and then those never came. So at the end of dinner we cancelled the drink order and i dont think theyever even ordered them. Help staff took our order for dessert. And then the waiter showed up to refill our waters. For the price I would expect better service. Everyone else was great guess we just got a bad waiter. Food was fantastic. Location is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy.FoodluverDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I waited for a couple of years to stay at the Awhanne Hotel and eat the restaurant within the hotel. We were not at all impressed. My wife's dinner was lamb, but she could not eat it as it's preparation was very poor. We brought our own special bottle of wine since it was our anniversary and we were questioned at the front desk if we knew about the corkage charge? We did know and the way it was asked was very rude. We have had wonderful dinners all over the world and this did not even come close to a 5 star event. I am sorry I even have to write this bad review. Hopefully they can step up their game on service given the Hotel and Yosemite Valley is spectacular.
- OutstandingBirthdaygirlDined on 10/3/2014Everything hoped for in honor of a special birthday surprise. Great food and delightful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Yosemite Dining!KarenDined on 10/2/2014I'd been here twice for lunch, but at night the setting is spectacular. The food is quite good, and we had a leisurely dinner. Everything was beautifully prepared and served. I've already recommended dinner to friends.Special Features:
- Fit for a Queenluv2eatwellDined on 10/2/2014We took our friends from Canada to the Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room when they visited us. The host chose a very special table for us, The Queen's Table. Our hostess shared that Queen Elizabeth had sat in the exact location during a state visit in 1982. While she brought her own table and chairs with her, and took them with her....we were given the table that was placed in the exact same location. The food was so delicious and the service was friendly and impeccable. We have been there before and will be returning.Special Features:
- Great Get Awaypartyof2Dined on 10/1/2014This was our 2nd dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room. We went light this night, just some soup, salad, and starters. The onion soup was wonderful~ very flavorful and not salty. The Watermelon salad, so refreshing! The Ahi starter was the bomb, had to have it twice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckwheat4MurDined on 10/1/2014I cannot say enough about how excellent our experience was. The location was beautiful, quiet, peaceful and the service was bar none. The location gave us access to everything without being overly crowded. We just wish we had more time to enjoy everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my 40th birthday herepartyof2Dined on 9/30/2014The dining room @ night is gorgeous, perfect 4 the special occasion. My husband & I both enjoyed our entrees. I had the beef & shrimp dinner. The meat was perfect & melted in your mouth. My husband had the pork chop on the bone. The meat was a bit dry on the inside, he said the sauce saved it. I loved that the host greeted me w/ a Happy Birthday, but apparently failed 2 tell anyone else, including our waitress & her staff. I had 2 tell the waitresses asst. that we wanted 2 see a dessert menu because we were celebrating my 40th birthday. We ordered a slice of the cheesecake, delicious! I do have 2 point out after we ordered our food, we never saw our waitress again until she brought the bill, which included a charge 4 the cheesecake, really?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinningCharlieDined on 9/30/2014The food was great and we could not have gotten better serves from Chris and her helper (sorry forgot his name?)Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePeteDined on 9/30/2014We very much enjoied all the food we had. The ambiance was great- the dining room is unique - of an era gone by. The piano music in the back ground was just a great addition to meal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service in a gorgeous settinggardenloverVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food, great wine selections and the best boysenberry pie ever all in such a beautiful setting! Add the piano player and wonderful service, Mark and Nancy, made for another wonderful experience in the magical Yosemite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014food was served late and cold it was not what I have expected for the advance noticeSpecial Features:
- Beyond perfectmiglowDined on 9/28/2014The Ahwahnee Sunday brunch exceeded my expectations in every way. The dining room is exquisite and the view is perfect (how can you get better than sweeping views of the Yosemite Valley?). The food was delicious with overwhelming variety and abundance. We had window seats, and the whole time we were eating there was a family of deer grazing on the grass not more than 20 feet away! You'd be crazy to pass this up if you're in Yosemite Valley on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Once served it's a great experienceLocalSanJoseNativeDined on 9/28/2014Upon being seated it took almost 15 minutes for our server to show up. Upon which he rudely asked 'Do you want some?' when we said we hadn't even seen the menu yet. We weren't sure if there was lack of communication between the wait staff that we had been seated and were waiting but once we ordered the service was fine. The view is spectacular and the ambiance is wonderful, it certainly is a gorgeous place to have a meal. There is no way the buffet they had out would have been worth $45 each, we couldn't see ever justifying spending $100 on a breakfast regardless of location. We chose to share a plated meal and the server brought it out to us on two separate plates, we were pleased to find out they didn't charge extra for that.Special Features: