1 Ahwahnee Road
Yosemite Village, CA 95389Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room - Ahwahnee Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yosemitepark.com/
- Phone: 2093721489x
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Brunch Buffet: Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
For Dinner, We respectfully ask Gentlemen to wear long pants and a collared shirt. We ask Ladies to wear a Dress, Skirt, or Long Pants with a Blouse. For One and All: Please NO Shorts, T-Shirts, or Tank Tops.
Casual Dress for Breakfast, Lunch and Brunch.
For dinner, reservations are strongly recommended. For breakfast, lunch, and brunch, reservations for are recommended for all parties. Walk-ins will be accepted based on table availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Percy Whatley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Anderson 8015595050x
- Entertainment: Piano player during dinner service nightly and Sundays during brunch service.
- Special Events: Reserve Thanksgiving Dinner (11/27/14) through our Fresno Reservations Office by calling (801) 559-4935.
- Cross Street: Village Drive
- Public Transit: Stop #3 on complimentary Yosemite Valley Shuttle route.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Hotel parking lots and complimentary Valet service available. Parking at The Ahwahnee is limited. Day use parking in Yosemite Village is encouraged. Free shuttles run regularly for transportation to and from all lodgings within Yosemite Valley.
Over the years, The Ahwahnee Dining Room has played host to presidents, royalty and celebrities, in addition to countless visitors, and it continues to be regarded as one of the most impressive dining rooms in the United States.
The Ahwahnee Dining Room conveys a feeling of elegance and refinement while maintaining a comfortable, natural atmosphere. The logs of stripped and polished sugar pine, which support the 34-foot-high beamed ceilings, reinforce the rustic ambiance that is reflective of The Ahwahnee’s mountain surroundings. Wrought iron candelabras suspended from the sugar pine timbers, together with iron candelabras on the tables, create a medieval atmosphere.
Under the culinary leadership of Executive Chef Percy Whatley, The Ahwahnee Dining Room offers traditional California cuisine for breakfast and dinner daily. An array of excellent California wines are also featured on the menu.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- Best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I arrived 1 and 1/2 hours late and they were still able to accommodate me. Everybody called me by my name and made me feel very comfortable and relaxed after a long drive. I would go back anytime.Special Features:
- My Bucket ListOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I decided that I would like to visit Yosemite again for a couple of days after many years, and the special part of it was lunch at the Ahwahnee. We arrived early, and the maître d' was very pleasant and arranged for us eight-year-olds to have the "newly-wed" table. We have actually been wed 63 years. We felt very pampered and enjoyed the event immensely. If we never get back from the southern desert again, it will always be in our memory bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant & surroundingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Beautiful restaurant & surroundings, great food, nice ambiance, very good service all in the Yosemite Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahwahnee Hotel diningDebiDined on 9/18/2014This was a special dinner with family and friends and even tho it was definitely pricey it was well worth the money. Food was spot on. My steak was done perfectly, the duck was extremely tasty, as was the lamb. The only thing was the Brussels sprouts were a tad under done. Noise level was great. We could hear the piano player at all times. Of course how could you beat Yosemite Park for views. Overall everything was perfect, and as long as you know before going that it is pricey I would recommend this restaurnt.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This restaurant was good food- wise but the table service was lacklustre.Special Features:
- One of our Favorite RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Magnificent scenery, unique ambiance, elegant 5 star gourmet food and exqisite service. We have been going to the Ahwahnee in Yosemite Valley every 3 or 4 years for the last 45 years. It is always a special place, and we always look forward to it. We have never been disappointed. We are treated like Lords and Ladies, the Ahwahnee puts Downton Abbey to shame.The great dining room with its huge windows looking out on Yosemite Valley's trees and cliffs makes this dining experience unrivalled in the US. This time, we had a perfect senior waiter they must have imported from Europe, and he treated us like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food and selection are as good as ever. The price is for special occasions but is still reasonable. We enjoyed the romantic atmosphere the most. We will recommend to other people and we will be back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeatimeDined on 9/18/2014Great place to eat while at Yosemite . Go for lunch , much more casual. More expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKLiz28Dined on 9/16/2014There is no competition in the area re restaurants so the hotel is very busy. The building is stunning but the dining room was very cold & the food expensive for the quality provided. Dining room service was quick & charming. Worth a visit for the buding alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningMugginsDined on 9/16/2014This is an excellent place to have a great meal. We loved our experience. An accomplished pianist entertained us without the music being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cakesDined on 9/15/2014The Awahnee has lost it's edge. They advertise a dress code they do not enforce. I drove several hundred miles just for lunch and managed a collared shirt and long pants out of my motorcycle and sat next to a table of four in t-shirts and shorts. I had to ask for ground pepper for my salad and pasta. Although the fettucine was cooked correctly and presented well it was so bland. Not enough garlic much less any spice. The restaurant will have to come a long way before I pay another visit.Special Features:
- Always a delightHalfMoonBayConsumerDined on 9/14/2014We love Sunday brunch at the Ahwahnee dinning room. A most special place for dinning anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AhwaneeGacnurseDined on 9/12/2014These guys, and this place completely dropped the ball on our experience there. The host was rude, the food was just ok, the service was unattentive for instance; We sat with our finished cold plates for a full 15 minutes waiting to have them picked up and recieve a desert menu. We werent seated at the table we were promised, they didnt read the notes that accompanied our reservation at all. Very very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Worth a visit!FoodFan1Dined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner...the watermelon salad and burrata appetizers were excellent. The pasta and pork chop dishes were also quite good. The steaks were a bit on the "charred" side - not burnt, but with char-broiled bits on the sides. I'd order medium-rare if you like medium. The Ahwahnee Cabernet was very nice. All in all, a memorable evening - and a very special place.Special Features:
- Stale breakfast buffetmlgb2Dined on 9/12/2014Recommend not having the hot items on the buffet. They were allowed to sit for far too long, dried out pancakes. broken Hollandaise and hard toast on the Benedict. Nearly an hour before they were replaced.Special Features:
- The Ahwahnee is fabulous every timetrailmoDined on 9/11/2014The dining room at the Ahwahnee hotel in Yosemite is first-rate every time. The surroundings, ambience, and experience can't be topped. It is gorgeous and historic and perfectly appointed. The food is excellent from start to finish and the staff is attentive and friendly. It is always a memorable time. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- southcoastdinersouthcoastdinerDined on 9/11/2014I had been looking forward to dining at the Ahwahnee but unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations. Our first server asked how we were, which was nice, but when I politely asked him the same, he told us how tired he was and how he had been working since 7:00 that morning. A bit inappropriate and not a good sign for the rest of the evening. The food was fairly pedestrian except for the brussel sprout side dish, which was delicious. The pot o' creme dessert was cold and almost inedible. Go to the Ahwahnee for a drink and to soak in the history of the place, maybe have breakfast before hitting the trails.
- Unique dining in an historic venuecdlewaloha1Dined on 9/11/2014Food, ambiance, and service was excellent. It is in a historic venue and lives up to it's reputation. Admittedly it is expensive. Originally, our reservation was for 8:30pm, but came early and were able to be seated by 7:30pm. Enjoyed the historic hotel. It is very difficult to get seating between 7-8pm definitely need reservations weeks ahead of time. Staying at hotel is also difficult unless you are with tour or book a year in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Back in TimeSatiatedDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I were staying at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls and wanted a change for dinner. The atmosphere of the dining room was subdued and the room itself was beautiful. We enjoyed our dinner; the food was excellent. The service was adequate and reminiscent of upscale restaurant service in the 1960's. My only complaint is the food is overpriced. However, so is the food at The Mountain Room at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with a ViewLifeisWonderfulDined on 9/9/2014Not at all what you would expect in a park. Food choices are many, plenty of variety for different tastes. Great for sunset views of the meadow and mountains. this was our third visit in two years and the food quality is very consistent. If you enjoy fine dining, then you will enjoy this. The cost is equal to the experience. Make sure to pack the proper clothes to dress for dinner.Special Features:
- John40207Dined on 9/7/2014The Ahwahnee Restaurant is a beautiful room with amazing architecture. The service was great and the food was very good. The surroundings are the greatest being located in Yosemite National Park. Make sure to reservations in advance of your arriving.Special Features:
- Good food in a beautiful placeHighMaintenanceDined on 9/7/2014Outstanding brunch, good dinner, but the food is not the highlight of this restaurant, the setting and the architecture are. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great diningbirdsnbeesDined on 9/6/2014The Ahwahnee dining room is a gorgeous space, beautifully appointed. The staff are superb - friendly, knowledgeable, attentive and very professional without being stuffy. The food is great. The total experience is terrific. It's what "going out to dinner" should be. It is expensive, but for first rate food and service in the heart of one of the nation's premier National Parks it is worth what you'll pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationMichaelDined on 9/4/2014After a day hiking in the wilderness, a night in the Ahwahnee dining room is a perfect ending. The staff was very attentive and had great stories to tell when we engaged them. The menu wassn't huge, but everything we had was fresh and tasty. Best of all, they had a Turley Zinfandel on the wine list. We don't see those very often and love it when we do.Special Features:
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Enjoyed a fantastic dinner with a great atmosphere in a historic setting...who could ask for more?Special Features:
- what a viewlive2eatDined on 9/4/2014spent 5 days @ Ahwahnee (4 dinners), very good wine list, unbelievable setting, beautiful dining room and great service. The food was only ok, so that was disappointing. In this setting the meal (no matter what the style) should be memorable, not just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014A wonderful place to get away on a romantic occasion...Just being in the valley is always special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable experienceKMarieChristieDined on 9/3/2014You can't beat dining at the Ahwahnee. From the gorgeous arts and crafts decor to the stunning views to the fantastic food, there's no competition for this place. We ate two breakfasts and two dinners there when we stayed recently. All were fabulous. I highly recommend eating here, but make a reservation!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location, average foodLiv2dineDined on 9/3/2014After being told that this was fine dining and having a dress code I had expected big things. Setting is lovely but food average. Though don't imagine there is much choice in Yosemite.Special Features:
- Horrible lunch! Great ambiance!WestfaliamonkDined on 9/2/2014Maybe the ambiance made me think the food would be better but it reminded me of cafeteria food. I will not recommend anyone to eat here.
- Wonder of the WorldTommythetravellerDined on 9/1/2014If the timeless beauty of Half Dome and El Capitan weren't enough, the man-made marvel of the Ahwahnee Hotel would be a tourist attraction of its own. The green salad with portobello mushroom was superb and Omar cared for our every desire. A great way to break up a trip South. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large amount of gristleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We ordered a filet to share as we are older and cannot eat the large portions. The meat was of a poor quality and involved lots of chewing. The following night we ordered the same entree at the Mountain Broiler restaurant and the meat was a better quality. Disappointing.Special Features:
- UnhappyDisappointedDined on 8/31/2014We had reservations for over a month, many tables were available but we were seated close to the kitchen, behind a screen difficult to see the piano being played. Children were encouraged to run, yell, and jump around on the dance floor disturbing most people in the area. Food was average, service below average. View was stunning, but not worth the overall cost.Special Features:
- soup was served cold.DeNeceBVIPDined on 8/29/2014Lamb chops were room temperature the Food temperature entrees were served at room temperature. food portions are very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in unique atmospheretwogermansDined on 8/28/2014we were very satisfied with our dinner, good food, acceptable price for this location, pleasant live piano-musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service so slow, it was comicalOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/28/2014We were a party of 7 with 3 children ages 5-10. We were seated at 6:30 and got our check at 8:35. Salads came around 7:20, took forever to order wine. Waiter and waitress told us 3 times that they would be back as soon as they found a pencil. She asked us if we had any questions and then let out a big "you do" when we had one. Children's food came around 7:40, ours at 8. We were a party of two the previous night, arrived at 8:15 service was on spot, food was wonderful, enjoyed piano player we did not even hear next night and were out in a little over an hour.Special Features:
- Dining at a Historic HotelfoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful dining experience. On my wish list for the Chef's dining dinner & tour.Special Features:
- Nevada NeighborsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Staff was very professional, but friendly. Ready to accomodate our needs. Ambiance wonderful as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorabledwa118Dined on 8/27/2014A beautiful and romantic setting. Food is overpriced, but I guess that is for the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and setting.1goodexperienceDined on 8/27/2014Jeanie, our server, was outstanding. She helped us feel comfortable, at home and was genuinely in tune with our needs. The rest of the staff were competent and rounded out a truly enjoyable experience. The restaurant itself is a grand place, full of the history and largeness of the Yosemite Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.