1 Ahwahnee Road
Yosemite Village, CA 95389Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room - Ahwahnee Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yosemitepark.com/
- Phone: 2093721489x
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Brunch Buffet: Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
For Dinner, We respectfully ask Gentlemen to wear long pants and a collared shirt. We ask Ladies to wear a Dress, Skirt, or Long Pants with a Blouse. For One and All: Please NO Shorts, T-Shirts, or Tank Tops.
Casual Dress for Breakfast, Lunch and Brunch.
For dinner, reservations are strongly recommended. For breakfast, lunch, and brunch, reservations for are recommended for all parties. Walk-ins will be accepted based on table availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Percy Whatley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Anderson 8015595050x
- Entertainment: Piano player during dinner service nightly and Sundays during brunch service.
- Special Events: Reserve Thanksgiving Dinner (11/27/14) through our Fresno Reservations Office by calling (801) 559-4935.
- Cross Street: Village Drive
- Public Transit: Stop #3 on complimentary Yosemite Valley Shuttle route.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Hotel parking lots and complimentary Valet service available. Parking at The Ahwahnee is limited. Day use parking in Yosemite Village is encouraged. Free shuttles run regularly for transportation to and from all lodgings within Yosemite Valley.
Over the years, The Ahwahnee Dining Room has played host to presidents, royalty and celebrities, in addition to countless visitors, and it continues to be regarded as one of the most impressive dining rooms in the United States.
The Ahwahnee Dining Room conveys a feeling of elegance and refinement while maintaining a comfortable, natural atmosphere. The logs of stripped and polished sugar pine, which support the 34-foot-high beamed ceilings, reinforce the rustic ambiance that is reflective of The Ahwahnee’s mountain surroundings. Wrought iron candelabras suspended from the sugar pine timbers, together with iron candelabras on the tables, create a medieval atmosphere.
Under the culinary leadership of Executive Chef Percy Whatley, The Ahwahnee Dining Room offers traditional California cuisine for breakfast and dinner daily. An array of excellent California wines are also featured on the menu.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- Service so slow, it was comicalOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/28/2014We were a party of 7 with 3 children ages 5-10. We were seated at 6:30 and got our check at 8:35. Salads came around 7:20, took forever to order wine. Waiter and waitress told us 3 times that they would be back as soon as they found a pencil. She asked us if we had any questions and then let out a big "you do" when we had one. Children's food came around 7:40, ours at 8. We were a party of two the previous night, arrived at 8:15 service was on spot, food was wonderful, enjoyed piano player we did not even hear next night and were out in a little over an hour.Special Features:
- Dining at a Historic HotelfoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful dining experience. On my wish list for the Chef's dining dinner & tour.Special Features:
- Nevada NeighborsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Staff was very professional, but friendly. Ready to accomodate our needs. Ambiance wonderful as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and setting.1goodexperienceDined on 8/27/2014Jeanie, our server, was outstanding. She helped us feel comfortable, at home and was genuinely in tune with our needs. The rest of the staff were competent and rounded out a truly enjoyable experience. The restaurant itself is a grand place, full of the history and largeness of the Yosemite Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unparalleled ambiance...KimFDined on 8/26/2014This is where we go to celebrate special occasions as much as possible -- including this, my 60th birthday. I can't imagine anyplace better! A lot of memories here... Fabulous ambiance, food, and service. The staff are clearly passionate about the place. Tip the piano player and ask him to play your favorite song... and learn a bit about the history and design of the building to make your visit even more wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner and next brunchPattiesVIPDined on 8/26/2014Dinner was special at the Ahwahnee. Spectular room all lit up. History all over the walls. Food was tasty and able to accomodate our vegan lifestyleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally QuiteGoodBFBSDVIPDined on 8/26/2014We ate at the Awahnee dining room three nights in a row. The first night the "Mary's Chicken" main course was very good. The second night, the Steelhead was disappointing because despite the fancy description, the dish basically had no real flavor, and the third night, the rack of lamb special was very good. Prices are moderately high as you might expect in a resort in a National Park but not as egregious as the prices for sandwiches in the bar. For a party of two, they try to seat you at a table for two by the window. On the surface, that seems desirable but a number of those locations are next to air-conditioning vents and very cold. One night, the server put cloths over the vent, another night, we asked for a non-window table.
- Great place to eat with in YosemiteMkmwDined on 8/26/2014While we were dining there was a bear outside the window. Where else can that happen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsgardenerMsgardenerDined on 8/26/2014We took our oldest granddaughter to Yosemite in late August. We had been to Ahwahnee for lunch in May for the first time and found it enchanting. This time the host gave us the "queens table". Wow!! The views out the 3 windows in that alcove were unbelievable. He said it is the most requested table in the restaurant and the Queen of England had been in that seat in the 1980's I believe. The food was great we had the deviled egg appetizers with Pesto. Very good. Hubby and granddaughter had salads, Caesar chicken and Cobb without the shrimp but with extra avocado. Big salads. I had the blue burger and split it with my hubby. It was a delight. Hope to eat there several times a year. What a beautiful location and park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location experience but ...cotixtofDined on 8/25/2014The location is unique, the food is definitely less, therefore pricy ( e.g. risotto was overcooked). Such location would need to raise the uniqueness of its food to move to a real culinary exception! Really disappointed overall.
- go for brunchHomecookingDined on 8/24/2014great brunch but go from 11AM on as that's when they bring out lunch foods (prime rib, shrimp, salmon, ham, etc...)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014this is an absolutely beauitful dining room with incredible views to outside. The food is not great but not horrible. The prices are high for the quality but the room is so beautiful that you have to experence the atmophere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Dining ExperienceTime4funDined on 8/22/2014The Ahwahnee offers attentive service, excellent food and attention to details. The trout luncheon selection was exceptional on our recent visit. The staff went out of their way to make our visit memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperienceCJinYosemiteDined on 8/21/2014A part of any stay at the Ahwahnee must include dinner in the main dining room. Although a bit pricey, the three choices we experienced were outstanding. The interior and exterior atmosphere is fantastic, and can only be equaled by a few of the other grand dining rooms in a couple of the other National Park Lodges. An excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantSupe21lunchDined on 8/21/2014We celebrated our 48th anniversary with an Ahwahnee lunch on the 21st. I had requested a window table for this occasion. We had a marvelous table with a wonderful view. Our waitress, Jeannie B., was superb, and we could not have asked for anything more. We were surprised with an anniversary treat, and her service was excellent. We had eaten at the Ahwahnee several times over the years and take our visiting friends there when they are in Sonora. Our anniversary was most memorable. Thank you.Special Features:
- Ahwahnee Dining RoomTessaDeFriesDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was excellent. Breakfast buffet was over priced for what was served, and not as good as the same offerings a la carte. Hotel should make known difficulty of getting reservations so people could plan well ahead. Wine list could offer a few less pricey wines by the glass. Service excelled. Lobster soup extraordinary. Overall, it's a great place to impress your dinner guests, but expensive enough to make me a little uncomfortable about the excess consumerism in an otherwise natural and public environment. It seemed embarrassingly elitist in a national park, perhaps because there were limited affordable restaurants within driving distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Ambience was fantastic, the views breathtaking and the food was lovely!Special Features:
- World classLaunaLasDosDined on 8/20/2014As always our entire experience, from arrival to departure, was impeccable! The Ahwahnee has faultless service, food and ambience. The menu has a wide selection to suit every preference. The food is delicious and the portions are generous. It is always prepared perfectly, presented attractively and served flawlessly. We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous AwahneeAforAwahneeDined on 8/19/2014We make a point to go to the Awahnee at least once every time we visit Yosemite. Everything about it is special and festive. The food is not "haute cuisine" but it's good. The atmosphere is so lovely, relaxing and enjoyable and the service is excellent. It makes the evening a special event even if it wasn't one to start with!!!Special Features:
- Worth carrying the nice clothes!MomoboysDined on 8/19/2014We were on the fence about whether we should make our three sons carry their "nice clothes" to go to dinner at the Ahwahnee. It was so worth it! We loved the dinner and the ambiance. It was a special time in Yosemite!!Special Features:
- Ahwahnee Dining RoomcupcakeDined on 8/18/2014We had dinner at the Ahwahnee on Sept 18, 2014. The dining room is very nice and the view is unparalleled. The service is fine but the food is not 5 star quality. I ordered one of their signature items - the braised duck, it was very dry and the grains & vegetables that accompanied it were burnt. I send it back and since it was getting late and my children were tired I ordered a salad instead. The salad took 20 minutes to arrive and when I tried to cancel it I was told that would not be possible. We frequent 5 star restaurants and I am not opposed to paying for a good meal but the prices that are charged at the Ahwahnee are way too much for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon dinnerTaltosdamaDined on 8/18/2014My husband and I went to the dining room for our first dinner as a married couple. Everything was great! Food was very tasty and wait staff very nice:) we will back again on our tenth:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahwahnee DiningRayTakesItAllInDined on 8/17/2014The Ahwahnee Dining Room is one great experience. The food is good, although not fantastic. The breakfast buffet has poor choices given its price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning locationRichardBDined on 8/17/2014Worth going through the rigamarole of dressing for dinner to enjoy this fabulous room and location. Service is a little too formal but don't let that put you offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the ambianceBethVIPDined on 8/17/2014Beautiful space for enjoying a meal with family and friends. If you don't expect much from the service staff or expect top quality food, you'll enjoy it even more.Special Features:
- Bucket List ItemCKingDined on 8/16/2014In the last 30 years I've probably visited the Ahwahnee 6 times and each time I've always kicked myself for not planning to eat in the beautiful restaurant. I've finally done it and it was terrific. The food, the wine and the desserts were all on par with such a magnificent place in such a gorgeous setting.Special Features:
- EnjoymentMuneKeikoDined on 8/15/2014In spite of locating in the Mountain area, food quality is superb and service is excellent as well. I strongly recommend friends to try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The space is better than the foodDavidDined on 8/15/2014The Ahwahnee Dining Room is visually spectacular space, but neither the food nor the service makes it to same level. The food was OK traditional American grub. It was pretty good for what it is--prime rib, well done fish, etc--but nothing special and also pricey. The service was less uniform. My party ate there for 3 dinners and 2 breakfasts, and the service oscillated between very good and lackluster. Some of the wait staff could barely be bothered to help us. Others were friendly and attentive--just luck of the draw who you got for that meal.Special Features:
- Every dish was terribleFoodforfunDined on 8/14/2014We were a group of 8 people. Our main entree came after 1 1/2 hours. Every dish was cold or cooked wrong. The shrimp was tough and flavorless. The steak was well done when it was ordered rare! The broccoli cheddar soup had no flavor. Then there is the service, or lack thereof. No drink refills and with 2 waiters no one ever checked on how the meal came out. Huge disappointment. Would never go back.
- Lifelong fanFineDiningFanDined on 8/14/2014Lifelong fan of the Ahwahnee Hotel and Hotel Dining Room. Its unique views, unsurpassed architecture and gracious ambience make it a national treasure.Special Features:
- Special place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Great way to start off Yosemite vacation. Waiter was awesome and food was tasty. Stuck with the salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!AlwaysawinnerDined on 8/14/2014The Ahwahnee dining room never disappoints - very attentive staff, wonderful food and ambiance in spades! Loved our luncheon there and will be back soon!Special Features:
- PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!campgrannyDined on 8/12/2014I took my children and four grandchildren (ages 7, 11, 11, 12) to the Ahwahnee dining room for a "formal" dining experience. I was called a few days prior to our dinner date by a personable young man who asked if I had any special requests. I told him about Jessica's birthday. Our birthday girl was thrilled when presented with a candled birthday cupcake after our delicious dinner.(no charge for the cupcake!) We each were extremely pleased with our respective dinner choices. Our seven year old ordered from the kid's menu and thoroughly enjoyed a lovely portion of Prime Rib. I appreciated the kitchen making a special vegetarian plate for me. The service was excellent! Both servers were patient and loving with the children. OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good menu and Wine suggestionHermosaNeighborDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant has "good room" between the tables; nice and good music; great menu and professional and experienced staff. We will come back next stay in Yosemite.Special Features:
- Awesome AnniversaryAviatrixDined on 8/12/2014To celebrate our 35th we went to Yosemite. The Ahwahnee certainly delivered. The signature El Capitani martini was superb. Crab cakes and Shrimp/scallop appetizers were excellent. The steelhead was perfect and well presented. Creme Brûlée was one of the best ever. And the "Happy Anniversary" cup cake was a cute touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking SettingPopularCarDined on 8/11/2014The Ahwahnee is not a cheap place to eat but you get what you pay for in terms of the unbeatable setting, excellent food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome !!!!!!LilyDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful staff especially Sarah what a great experience food was very good kudosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch ServiceJP17Dined on 8/9/2014Service at the Ahwahnee dining room was exceptional as was the food and the entire dining experience. Saturday night dining including a wonderful pianist, that made the large room feel more intimate (and romantic). Just a wonderful and enjoyable meal. Thank you.Special Features:
- Just less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014It was beautiful and the menu was nice, and they were flexible with substitutions. When my 'special of the day' fish entree arrived, it was cold, but the plate was hot. I didn't want to complain, but there was really no heat to it at all, not even warm, and it was a $36 item. I told the server, and he said he would heat it up. I just said to please not overcook it. It came back slightly warmer, but totally overcooked. When he asked me how it was, I was honest. He didn't do anything about it - didn't offer to replace it or adjust the bill. I just ate cold, overcooked fish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Must do to complete your Yosemite visit. Good food, friendly staff, spectacular setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.