1 Ahwahnee Road
Yosemite Village, CA 95389Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room - Ahwahnee Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yosemitepark.com/
- Phone: (209) 372-1489
- Hours of Operation:
Special lunch hours Friday December 12, 2014: One seating at 11:00 AM and a second seating at 1:45 PM only.
Buffet Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Brunch Buffet: Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
For Dinner, We respectfully ask Gentlemen to wear long pants and a collared shirt. We ask Ladies to wear a Dress, Skirt, or Long Pants with a Blouse. For One and All: Please NO Shorts, T-Shirts, or Tank Tops.
Casual Dress for Breakfast, Lunch and Brunch.
For dinner, reservations are strongly recommended. For breakfast, lunch, and brunch, reservations for are recommended for all parties. Walk-ins will be accepted based on table availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Percy Whatley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Onsite hotel catering available for up to 200 guests. Please contact our experienced special function managers, Kevin Anderson & Lori Lancaster, for more information.
For regular dining reservations of 25 guests or more, please contact Dining Room Management at (209) 372-1276.
As of Oct. 20, 2014, the Ahwahnee Dining Room will require a credit card to be placed on hold for reservations made for parties of 7+. If your party’s plans change, we ask that AT LEAST 48 hours notice be provided to the dining room if you are altering the reservation. No money will be charged at the time of booking; however, if we do not receive advance notice, we will charge $100.00 to the credit card.
A dining reservationist will be contacting you to confirm your party details and obtain credit card information which is held securely until the duration of your stay. Upon the completion of your reservations, the credit card information you have provided will be destroyed.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Anderson 8015595050x
- Entertainment: Piano player during dinner service nightly and Sundays during brunch service.
- Special Events: Reserve Thanksgiving Dinner (11/27/14) through our Fresno Reservations Office by calling (801) 559-4935.
- Cross Street: Village Drive
- Public Transit: Stop #3 on complimentary Yosemite Valley Shuttle route.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Hotel parking lots and complimentary Valet service available. Parking at The Ahwahnee is limited. Day use parking in Yosemite Village is encouraged. Free shuttles run regularly for transportation to and from all lodgings within Yosemite Valley.
Special Notice: On Friday December 12, 2014, a special lunch service with seating at 11 AM and 145 PM will be served for the Bracebridge Dress Rehearsal. Most seating will consist of multiple parties at large tables for this special lunch service. Reservations may only be made by calling 209-372-1289.
The Ahwahnee Dining Room conveys a feeling of elegance and refinement while maintaining a comfortable, natural atmosphere. The logs of stripped and polished sugar pine, which support the 34-foot-high beamed ceilings, reinforce the rustic ambiance that is reflective of The Ahwahnee’s mountain surroundings.
Under the culinary leadership of Executive Chef Percy Whatley, The Ahwahnee Dining Room offers traditional California cuisine for breakfast and dinner daily. An array of excellent California wines are also featured on the menu.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
- Great RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2014The dining room is beautiful. The service is remarkable. The food is good. The Awahnee has a very old world feel to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Outstanding Sunday Brunch. Excellent prompt courteous service. Wide variety of all kinds of food for the Sunday Brunch buffet. Ahwanee did not disappoint. world classSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014We had dinner on a Wednesday night in November. The following night was booked solid due to a special wine tasting evening that we were not aware of. We were not staying here but were told it was lovely and should come to see it. The hotel is beautiful, the dining room is very impressive with its high ceiling. The service was attentive and friendly and the atmosphere was fine. The food however was a bit average. Nothing wrong exactly but not bursting with interesting flavors which is what I like when I try new restaurants. My entree which included lobster was not interesting at all. Perhaps they were saving the flavors for the following evening. I did not have time to come again but would definitely like to come again another time to try other things on the menu. All in all a nice experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for a special occasion....MandGDined on 11/17/2014my husband and I shared a long- anticipated celebratory dinner. My entree, the special pork chop, was delicious- hot, tasty and beautiful. His, sadly, was luke-warm short rib pasta. I would have sent it back but he was adamant about not causing a stir. His choice. Our waiter was without enthusiasm. Our other servers were just terrific, particularly the genuinely cheerful woman who took care of our bread and butter and water. The wine list was overpriced. Complaining aside, we appreciated being able to experience dining in this iconic, beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awanee BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The service was marginal and some the food was dried out. Our waiter was not available for clearing plates, pouring drinks and or checking on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch outstandingMHSFVIPDined on 11/16/2014The great part: no obligatory champagne; oysters; stuffed crepes; custom omelets; Eggs Benedict; smoked salmon; variety of juices; Peet's coffee. Not so great: prime rib only warmed (ie vastly undercooked) and quality probably not "prime"; reservations obligatory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding to comeMonicaroseDined on 11/15/2014I've been coming here since I was a little girl, and now I'm planning a wedding. The gorgeous dining room may host our celebratory dinner. I can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good and some not so goodMaryVIPDined on 11/15/2014We dined at the Ahwahnee Dining Room on Nov. 14, and Nov. 15. My sister and I each had a filet which was delicious. We even asked for more mashed potatoes and sauce. Yummy. My husband and daughter each had a rib meat pasta thing. It was not good. My sister, my twin, were celebrating our 72nd birthday and were surprised with red velvet cupcakes and candles. So much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RoomLisaMDined on 11/14/2014The food was good, service was good and the room lovely. We were there during November with a 7:30 reservation. So although we were seated by a huge window, we couldn't see "the view." Reminder - this is a very old building and seating next to the windows can be a bit drafty. Bring a sweater/coat and dress in layersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Ordered the trout and the food was amazing! The waiter on the other hand was interesting. We were seated next to their bussing station but he oddly hovered when we just needed a minute to figure out the check and tip as well as a minute with the menu. Also he was extremely hard to understand. Not mean or anything just odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to eat in YosemitePessyDined on 11/13/2014We ate there for lunch one day and breakfast another. The food was delicious, Especially when compared to the other choices in the valley. The dining room is spectacular which makes the whole experience special. On a rainy day, we went for lunch, waiting for the rain to stop, before taking a hike. We enjoyed it so much we went back the next day for a late after hike breakfast. It is very pricey, though. But since we had brought breakfast and lunch food with us, seemed like a treat was in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014We were very disappointed in the food. My meal was overcooked, mushy pasta and bitter greens. My husbands under cooked, even after sending it back it was uneatable. He was up half the night trying to digest what he had eaten. The setting is so beautiful, we have had good meals there in years past, perhaps this was an off night. Unfortunately, it is too costly to give it another try.
- Lodge Chic and posh!CherylDined on 11/12/2014Lovely experience at a moderately pricey level. The room is indescribably magnificent. They magically intuit your needs ahead of time. I have a service dog and with not a word and no fuss, they removed 2 chairs from a 4-top to make room for the dog before they seated us. Lovely, no restaurant has ever been so thoughtful. Fabulous and unique meals. Perfect service. It is a "don't miss; once-in-a-lifetime" (I hope not just ONCE!) experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More hype than qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2014This historic dining room was beautiful, huge, and airy. Fitting perfectly with its surroundings, the Ahwahnee Dining Room is surprisingly stuffy for such a large, open space. The grand piano playing during our meal made it feel like we were at a second wedding. The dinner-special rack of lamb ($42) was gamy and tough, topped with a generous teaspoon of butternut puree and four sprigs of steamed asparagus. My venison schnitzel ($40) was grisly, over-battered, tough, and livery. My butternut risotto was sprinkled sparingly under the meat, and the tablespoon of stewed kale was the tastiest thing on either of our plates. Overall, this was an expensive yet disappointing dinner in a beautiful dining room. Shoulda gone for tacos at the bar!
- been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014and still awesome - service always good - food good sometimes, great others - not cheap but worth itSpecial Features:
- Historic GemJarsgalDined on 11/10/2014Maybe my expectations based on viewing the online menu were unrealistic but, the food for the price is not okay. The setting, the Ahwahnee building, the dining room layout were wonderful. The food was okay, but for the price not at all up to snuff. Go expecting a decent meal but be prepared to pay! We did have a wonderful time at Yosemite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was ExcellentKennethDined on 11/9/2014The service we received as excellent. The wait staff were knowledgeable, friendly and very attentive. They also seemed to work as a team very well together. I would also like to add that the dinner itself was excellent.Special Features:
- Try brunch instead.JSMC1854Dined on 11/9/2014Unless you are expressly looking for an expensive formal DINNER dining experience in the Yosemite Valley, would not recommend the Ahwahnee; the lack of scenic view after dark is not worth the price of the arduous drive.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceSmilesGaloreDined on 11/9/2014Relaxing, beautiful, awe-inspiring. What's not to love about Yosemite and the amazing Ahwahnee hotel dining room? The service was absolutely outstanding.... some of the best we have ever experienced! The food was amazing; we each had trout for brunch. A grand piano played softly in the background. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch was expensive but worth it.ChrisWDined on 11/9/2014The dining room is huge with lots of windows to look out at the Yosemite Valley scenery. The selection and the food was excellent, especially the desserts. Service was outstanding. Our two servers accommodated our every drink request and were very friendly. We never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014The service was a bit apathetic and unappreciative. The food was good as is the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tempter ExpectationsRayCVIPDined on 11/8/2014The room is absolutely gorgeous, even if you're seated at one of the tables sandwiched in-between service stations. The staff is beyond friendly, perfectly attentive and can offer great advice about the park. The menu is far reaching and sometimes successful and sometimes not. Our appetizers (we ordered a total of 6 between multiple meals) were fantastic. Our entrees, unfortunately were good, but not $50 per entree good. Portions are large but they didn't taste cooked to order, rather something that was cooked in batch. The wine list is also predictable, wildly overprices (300% mark up) and limited variety. Brunch was a bit more disappointing, the hot food was fine but everything tasted and looked like it was from Costco. Disappointing.Special Features:
- AHWANEEOzSrDined on 11/8/2014The swordfish , the first night that we ate in the restaurant, was served barely warm and was under cooked. The meals the next two nights were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Food at an Old GemNickyDDined on 11/5/2014The new menu is ambitious and interesting, and the execution will undoubtedly improve with time. Service and ambiance are the high points of this restaurant. Particularly good dishes are the Venison Schnitzel and the Swordfish. The wine list is expensive but superb. Overall: Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dinning RoomGregsgirlDined on 11/4/2014Never disappointed with The Ahwahnee. Dinner was delicious and the Wait Staff was friendly and helpful Such a beautiful hotel and dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a queenWebsailrDined on 11/2/2014Day or night the experience at the Ahwahnee is very special. The location itself is unique and breathtaking. The staff are friendly, and will interact with you if you wish, or let you have your privacy as much as possible. The food is consistently way above average. Not cheap, but when you dine where the Queen of England does, you should be prepared. I'll go back every chance I get.Special Features:
- Dining with a viewKBStDined on 11/2/2014The Ahwahnee is a gem and the restaurant is excellent. I have been several time and it keeps getting better. The food at the Sunday Brunch was excellent and the service superb.Special Features:
- Ahwahnee Hotel AmazingDanaDineDined on 11/2/2014A must see if you go to Yosemite Natl Park. An experience you will never forget. We attended the Sunday brunch to celebrate my parents' 50 wedding anniversary and my Bday.Special Features:
- Ahwahnee mehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We've dined in MANY of the National Park Lodges, and the Ahwahnee Hotel at Yosemite has quite a reputation. I had brunch there 35 years ago and remember the time fondly. I was disappointed this time. The food was "fine". We had burgers, but they were not special. The service was slow, very slow, and we were not treated as if we were in an historic dining room. We sat by the window and the view was spectacular. But then, Yosemite has nothing but great views.Special Features:
- Good but inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Great experience on Halloween, we dressed in costume, and were met with enthusiasm by the staff. Service was excellent and the staff was very friendly. Food was good, not great, but our overall experience with the food there has been inconsistent. On that night the filet of beef was excellent, but the prime rib had no flavor. Pricey, but a beautiful room full of history, making it a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding and memorableSurfingdadDined on 10/31/2014This dinner stood out for the quality of the food, the service and the elegant venue. Our server was especially good, and thoughtfully gave my dad a lighted pen so that he could read the menu since he had forgotten his reading glasses. It was the second time I have eaten here, the first being in about 1977 when I was seven years old, and the second time lived up to my nostalgic memories. Nicely done, Ahwahnee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lunchMuseumuseDined on 10/31/20141. Divine location 2.Window seat 3. Post snowfall 4. Old friend as company 5. Knowledgeable waitress 6. Excellent soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014fantastic nature and ambiance, but food and service not what you would aspect for the price you pay !Special Features:
- Amazing ambiancesvdinerDined on 10/30/2014A dining experience at The Ahwahnee is a must when in Yosemite. The dining room with it's massively high beamed ceiling is amazing, all with a view of the granite mountains surrounding you. Our service there was very attentive and friendly. The food however was not as special as we would have associated with this location or with the prices on the menu. It was good food, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewMIkeDined on 10/30/2014As expected, the dinning room itself is wonderful.. We had a 5:30 pm seating, and had a window table for 2. Tables are very small and not much leg room, so a bit uncomfortable. Did not like having the bus stations so close to the tables. In my case, my view past my dinner partner was directly into a staging area with stack dishes that could have easily been screened off from view. We had the new Fall menu. Not very exciting options. I had short ribs on pasta. Hearty but not very tasty. Broccoli side was very over-cooked and jasmine rice taste like instant rice. Service was nice but we felt a bit rushed to order our meal. My wife had the trout but it was overcooked and dry.Special Features:
- Beautiful settinggoldcountryfarmerDined on 10/30/2014We hiked over to the Ahwahnee from the campground for breakfast. The grandeur of the Ahwahnee dining room is legendary, and deserving of its reputation. The wait staff was welcoming and attentive. The coffee was Peets--nice and strong--and our breakfast meals were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterMVIPDined on 10/29/2014Very disappointing experience. Old fashioned in selection, presentation and quality of food offerings. Only average food particularly considering the prices charged. Badly needs updating to reflect the hotel's premier reputation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014On food, the bread was great, the salad and soups were very good. main courses were not up to par.Special Features:
- Elegant Dinner w/ Piano MusicCluelessDined on 10/27/2014The dining room at night is still dramatic even though you can't take advantage of the views because its dark outside. There is live piano music, nice selection of classical music and show tunes. The service is very good and the food has improved over the years also. It's expensive but well worth it to dine in the elegant dining room. They've loosened the dinner dress code a little too so that men don't even need a jacket just a collared shirt and women can wear designer jeans w/ a nice shirt.Special Features:
- Best for breakfastCluelessDined on 10/27/2014Breakfast is the best tame to eat in this gorgeous dining room because you can see out the many huge windows to the beautiful Yosemite views. The service has improved dramatcially here. You are greeted by a friendly hostess and the wait staff is both friendly and accommodating. A real change from prior years when the service was terrible. The breakfast buffet is just OK, except for the Sunday brunch which is very good. Breakfast items ordered off of the menu are pretty good.Special Features: