The Acorn Grille - Thousand Oaks Golf Club
4100 Thousand Oaks NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Acorn Grille - Thousand Oaks Golf Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thousandoaksgolf.com/acorn-grille/
- Phone: (616) 447-7750 ext. 2
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Dalton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for more information on our private dining facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Shellenbarger 6164477750x111
- Entertainment: The Acorn Grille at Thousand Oaks Golf Club provides live music during the summer months on the deck. Entertainment is on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 6PM to 9PM.
A word from The Acorn Grille - Thousand Oaks Golf Club
The Acorn Grille at Thousand Oaks Golf Club is the perfect complement to its award-winning golf course.Executive Chef David Dalton and his culinary team offer the finest in casual dining. The Acorn Grille’s reputation for sophistication, creative cuisine, fine wines, and outstanding service make it the ideal choice for any occasion … relaxing after a round of golf, a business lunch, romantic dinner or anything in between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Acorn Grille - Thousand Oaks Golf Club - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
The Acorn Grille - Thousand Oaks Golf Club reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (27)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good food good timesZippyDined on 11/22/2014The food and service were very good. I think this is a good out of the way place to go if you are looking for a nice meal in a good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcastelloDined on 11/17/2014Previous meals here were good. Recent meal was disappointing.Calamari were almost raw and wait staff didn't offer replacement when notified.Scallops were good but pastry shells were soggy and gnocchi was tasteless. Creme brulé was excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We'd never been here before and decided to go for my husbands birthday dinner. The staff was great! Even with our needy friend, during a busy Saturday night dinner rush. You definitely need reservations though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SweenyDined on 11/15/2014We read the reviews posted and were not sure if it would be as good as people were posting. We were pleasantly surprised. Excellent food, great service and a very nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryluv2eatoutDined on 11/7/2014Elegant dining, moderately priced and a variety of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodJohnGDined on 11/7/2014I have eaten at The Acorn Grille at Thousand Oaks Golf Club many times and have never been disappointed. The menu has numerous selections for every appetite. The wait staff if great. They are very friendly and attentive. The dining room is perfect for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nov. 6, 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2014Great meal with very good service. Got reservation near fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time but Not the LastqualityoverquantityDined on 11/1/2014Chris was our server and she was amazing. Very informative and not afraid to share her opinions which turned out to be very helpful. Appetizers were affordable and very tasty. Split the corn beef Rueben and it was fabulous. Nice pour on the cocktails as well. Wife and I will definitely be making this a go to destination and would recommend it to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The food and service was excellent. Room was full so very hard to hear and have a conversation with my husband. We were celebrating our 47th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnermamatDined on 10/2/2014We went here to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food was outstanding. However, the hostess greeted us with an "attitude" as she usually does. Also, our waitress had a bit of an uppity attitude as well as being slow. Also, my husband and I ordered a Caesar salad to split. Usually when this is done, we get our own plates. Not here--we had to set the plate between us and eat off the same plate. A tad awkward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th BirthdayGreatVenueDined on 9/27/2014We took our son and his girlfriend to celebrate his 30th birthday. The food and service were awesome, the ambiance was perfect. Our server was friendly and very helpful in choosing wines / desserts / and even a good suggestion for how to do a "less spicy" level on one of the entrees. She even offered a free dessert for the guest of honor. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rarely DissappointedNeighborDined on 9/8/2014We come a fair amount. Wanted to try the $5.00 burger & beer special. Busy time, of loud cackling diners. Took awhile for our waitress to get to us, and we both felt kind of edgy, like maybe we should come back another time. When our waitress finally got there, she was extremely gracious and apologized for our wait. We placed our order. Once others got their food they quieted down. Our waitress was really busy w/ a few large groups, but managed to get around to us at very appropriate times, and keep our drinks well refreshed. Check in shortly after our food arrived. Burgers were great and a wonderful deal. Although, it was a rocky start, her gracious acknowledgement calmed us down and we enjoyed our food immensely. Love the viewsSpecial Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014I LOVED the shrimp lobster flatbread entre. I hope they put it on the menu. The kale salad was delicious.Special Features:
- Pleasant dinner at the golf courseTonyDDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a pleasant dinner at the Thousand Oaks Golf Club Acorn Grille. My wife chose from the "Grand Rapids Restaurant Week" menu and I from the regular menu. Both of us enjoyed our dining experience and would return again.Special Features:
- great night out with friendsPatsPicksDined on 8/13/2014We went here for restaurant week - but saw other things on the menu and just ordered off the menu (we were not so hungry to eat 3 courses). Started off on the screened porch - there was live music on the deck - so since we were there with friends and couldn't really talk - moved back inside. Perch was great - Meatloaf was great - I think sticking to their regular menu items or their restaurant week menu is a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acorn GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014New to neighborhood and very close by. Food is very good and great selection. We have been to Acorn Grill a number of times already joined their Frequent Diner Club. As I had received several Open Table Gift Cars through American Express and as reservation was made and reserved under the Open Table reservation sight, the Acorn Grill was not able to process payment off the AMX Gift Card ? Ended up paying via normal AMX card. Do not understand why. Overall very good and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSpartanDined on 8/11/2014Made reservations online for a special dinner. When I arrived, my table had been given away to another group already. When my table was ready, the waitress was not aware of our table. I had to ask for the water cup to be filled whenever it was out. The food was great, but the service and environment was average for the prices on the menu.
- The following 55 reviews are from the The Acorn Grille - Thousand Oaks Golf Club reviews archive.
- Electric Off But not Quality!NeighborDined on 7/24/2014Lori is always an excellent server, and I enjoy it when she's assigned to my table. Friendly, but not invasive, and very accommodating. The power went out just after we were seated. This made only 1/2 the kitchen operable. Lori informed us of this and what it meant to what we could and couldn't order. When it doubt, she quickly checked and confirmed the availability of items. Quality was still excellent.Special Features:
- One of my favoritestallguyDined on 7/7/2014Fine food in a great setting. $5 burger nights on Monday are amazing. Never had a bad meal at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service slow...KP64Dined on 7/6/2014We went for lunch this past Sunday. Great menu with many options. There were 7 in our party and one of maybe four other occupied tables in the restaurant and lunch took 90 minutes!! While the service was very friendly, we waited long periods in between being greeted, getting drinks and having our order taken. I would have understood if the restaurant was busy but it was not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location; OK food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014The Acorn Grille is a golf club restaurant. The food is decent, and the service is OK, but the reason to dine here is because of the location -- either because you are golfing or because you want to enjoy a lovely view over the links and the nearby hills. Not a place for foodies -- the menu is standard clubhouse fare and not particularly inspiring.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The staff was attentive & the table selection near perfect. All in our party had the lake perch & all agreed that it was superb. It was a very good dining experience & would recommend it without reservation.Special Features:
- OverallgreatfindDined on 7/1/2014We feel lucky to find this great place to bring our family to as well as just the two of us. Food was very good and everyone was very friendly. As busy as it was we felt we were very well taken care of! We brought out of town guests this last visit and they felt the same! Keep of the good work!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Monday night special...burger and a beer five dollars. Great burger. Kind of noisy though this time.Special Features:
- Ver goodJk72Dined on 6/19/2014Very good experience. Had great specials and I thought the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandmato4Grandmato4Dined on 5/21/2014I always enjoy my experiences ate a The Acorn Grille. It is not local to me, but worth the drive every time !Special Features:
- Saturday night DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Celebrating anniversary with friends..... Service was excellent..... Great wine list..... Love the half off specials...... the pork medallions was exceptionally tasty...... compliments to the chef..... Looking forward to our next visit.....Special Features:
- Thousand oaksBobsplaceDined on 4/19/2014Great food, great service, pleasant atmosphere, classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a gem that we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014This is a gem that we have shared with our friends. ( don't want it to become too popular )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Specials @ Acorn GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014We have enjoyed the Acorn Grille @ Thousand Oaks Golf Club and the nightly specials they offer. It is nice to have a quiet neighborhood dining establishment so you can enjoy your meal AND have a conversation with your friends and family. Kris is our favorite server and goes out of her way to make you feel special each time you dine. The new loyalty card that Thousand Oaks offers is a great new inentive for repeat diners. Suzy is always so kind in assisting us with any special requests we may have for a specific dining spot as well. Keep up the great work and we do appreciate each and every one of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu items and good serviceZippyDined on 3/15/2014The Acorn Grille is always a good option when you are looking for a nice dining experience. We have eaten there many times and the service is always good and the menu has some interesting choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice jobkmjohnDined on 2/22/2014Good value, we enjoyed appetizers and a bottle of wine. We didn't have entrees this time. Kitchen and server both did a nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesdine4wineDined on 2/22/2014Acorn Grill continues to be one of my favorite restaurants the food is intersting and delicious. The menu has old favoites and new offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My turn to cookJim1Dined on 2/7/2014Always enjoy 1000 Oaks Acorn Grille! I volunteer periodically to "cook" dinner, which means making a reservation and taking my wife out to dinner. (She does the dishes on these nights!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service not, cold roomUnhappyDined on 1/27/2014I attended with a small party on their 'burger and beer' night. The food was timely and great. As the evening ended, in spite of offering a very significant tip, we found as the last party in the restaurant that all of the wait staff disappeared. After a noticeable 15 minute or so absence we ushered ourselves out (the closing time of the restaurant was nearing). As we walked through the doors, they automatically closed and locked behind us. Not so much as a "thanks" or "goodbye" or "come again" - nothing....everyone had vanished. As we crossed the outer door we saw the flurry of wait staff activity apparently clearing our table. Not so sure I will return as they certainly displayed their real goal openly, "get the cash and run".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly StopOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Very nice menu, excellent quality- many repeat customers, friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:
- DOWNTOWN DINING WITHOUT THE DRIVESUEKDined on 12/21/2013SUPERIOR SERVICE AND GREAT FOOD WITH A VARIED MENU THAT WILL SATISFY ALL TASTES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation and qualitySarahgDined on 12/13/2013Of food very good, duck was perfectly done with wonder gnocchi side. The lobster and crab Mac and cheese was rich and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday mealUtseeDined on 12/10/2013Loved the different choices of salads and entrees. Everyone ordered something different and we all loved what we got. What a beautiful dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Attended the Acorn Grill for a special occasion. We ordered two appetizers, soup, salad, and a number of entrees. The spinach artichoke dip was amazing and everyones favorite appetizer. The lobster and crab macaroni was also a table favorite. We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.