The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro
73101 Hwy 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.the3rdcorner.com/
- Phone: 7608379600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Matt Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro
The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro is a restaurant revolution. Our living wine list, fine food and affordable pricing all add up to the perfect dining and wine shopping experience. Need a bottle of wine for dinner? Our wine shop offers a great selection from the world over. With over 800 wines to choose from, The 3rd Corner offers a wide selection of wines for every budget. From hard to find collectibles to everyday quaffers, our staff is here to take the mystery out of your purchase. Our ½ case and full case mix and match discounts offer great value and unbeatable pricing. Looking for great food? Whether it's a bite to eat or that perfect anniversary dinner, our menu offers a wide variety of delectable choices for the most discerning palate. Our full menu is available from 11:30 am to the wee hours of 1am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (12)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- wonderful foodDavidDined on 10/18/2014We have now eaten here on many occasions. The food is so wonderful. The starters are inexpensive and interesting which allows us to treat them like a tapas. The main courses are very pleasant but not up to the level of the starters. The cheese tray is remarkably generous and very tasty. The choice of, and cost of the wines is marvellous! The only negative is the service which is delightful but, for example does not serve the ladies first, or take their orders first. Were the service even better this would be one of the absolute best restaurants anywhere. As it is, it is just one of the best restaurants in the region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointedjamesVIPDined on 10/12/2014We have good experiences in the past but they seem to be struggling lately. They need a good chef and better management. I don't think they can survive without some improvements.
- Not up to the reviewsFoodmikeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Started off bad when we were told we couldn't substitute fries for mashed potatoes. Had to order as a side. They were the only good part of the meal. Veggies were mush. The kale salad was warm-- don't know how long it was sitting out. The filet was two end pieces placed together, with the seam covered by the garnish. So the ends were more than well done instead of medium rare. The salmon was dried out. Sounded like an interesting place, but don't waste the money with so many great restaurants in the area.
- VacationLove2eatDined on 9/30/2014Great food, a little noisy due to a large party in the front room, better after they had left. Service a little slow, but overall good. Had the mussels, could have used some bread to soak up the wonderful sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improvedjamesVIPDined on 9/21/2014This visit was going to be our last as the last two were not good. We were pleasantly pleased this time. They have made many changes for the better. A new Sous Chef seems to be the difference. The cioppino was some of the best we ever had, we will be back.Special Features:
- Cornering the market Gourmondaise!DesertdinerDined on 9/20/2014Took some "sophisticated" LA friends to "the corner" restaurant. Always a tough choice with them because everything edible is the best in LA!! Well for once no adverse comment or "well, in ........ They have this really fantastic ......... It was all smiles and allocades! Loved the food, especially the wine store and the prices! I actually got a "wish we had one of these in the Marina Del Rey". Well done 3rd Corner! By the way the Shrimp piri piri was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The normal dinning area was reserved for a large party. We had to be seated in the bar area, not very nice, no ambiance and very noisy. It was a special occasion and moving to a different restaurant was not an option.Special Features:
- Convenient high quality restaurantMikeTVIPDined on 9/12/2014The excellent food combined with the terrific wine selection options make this a fun place to visit. We had the kale and spinach salad that was excellent. The meat ball special was also great. The muscles are a standard fine choice. And the service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineMarioVIPDined on 9/3/2014Been here for the second time in Palm Dessert, food is very good and so is the service and you can't beat paying liquor store prices for wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant that meets your needsTeufDined on 9/3/2014This is a restaurant, a bar, and a wine shop. Besides a very good menu and quiet dining, they also have wine tastes every Saturday in the bar. They have regular wine taste dinners (usually at least one a month) that have been outstanding and affordable. Besides the wine taste dinners, they also have separate week night wine tastes with a single winery represented throughout the high season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicesloopopusiiiDined on 8/30/2014Not quite up to Ed's Ocean Beach 3rd Corner, possibly because the restaurant is fairly new.Special Features:
- Unfortunate EveningRandJMVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been to 3rd Corner a number of times. This time was a disasster. Saturday night. Somehow the restaurant had managed to book a birthday party with like 20 people right in the middle of the main dining room. Hooting and hollering, this party was having a great time and cleared out the restaurant. Repeated complaints to the manager got apologies, and bland assurances the party would be asked to tone it down but nothing happened. There was no where to move. Left with ears ringing. Not even a free glass of champagne. All in all - very poorly handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For an Evening with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Wine store/restaurant or restaurant/wine store - select your wine (at very competitive prices) and have it served with your dinner. You can also buy more of your great finds to take home. The menu is limited but everything on it is very well prepared. One of my favorites is the mussels with frites, you can't go wrong when you order this!Special Features:
- A Wonderful ExperiencePerfectDined on 8/3/2014Never Disappointed Menu, Food, Presentation & Service Is Always a 10 PerfectSpecial Features:
- Great experiencePapanelsonDined on 8/2/2014A little hard to find but worth the effort. Food, Wine and service excellent and reasonably priced. Celebrated my Wife's Birthday in style. Will return and bring friends.Special Features:
- Happy Nana3HappyNana3VIPDined on 8/1/2014Service very attentive. 3 out of 4 had the beet salad and loved it. 2 had the stuffed chicken breast nightly special and raved. 1 had the chicken schnitzel and was quite happy. I had the steak frites and clearly enjoyed it. Overall, 4 satisfied diners. They are also restaurant partners with the wine vault of the desert so there is no corkage fee if you are a member.Special Features:
- One of the best in Palm DesertDermotDined on 7/9/2014We have dined at 3rd Corner many times and it never disappoints. The service is very good, the flat breads as appetizers are varied and delicious and for me the Cesar Salad is the best! Also worth trying are the kale salad or the beet salad. But all in all the food is of a very high standard. The wine list is superb with a range of wines at a range of prices - well worth joining the 3rd Corner wine club for even better prices for wine. Great credit to them for keeping their wine prices sat a reasonable level - keep up the good work folks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014Introduced numerous friends to "3rd Corner" all favorably impressed. Chef always offers something new.Spur of the moment dinner to large party, confident that everything will be handled without a hitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not honor Reservations in Bar!PSYearRoundDined on 7/1/2014I arrived 10 minutes early for my reservation and no one was at the front door, so we went into the bar area. Once in there, we decided to have dinner in the bar rather than the restaurant side. Please note, they do not honor your reservations if you eat in the bar area. They canceled my reservation as if I never showed up. We spent $100 dollars for wine and dinner and it did not count toward the Open Table reservation. (Bummer!!) I called the restaurant the next day to discuss; however, the individual could not answer why they canceled me out after I checked in. The manager was to call me back, but never did. Bottom line, I guess if you want you Open Table points you had better eat in the restaurant. The Bar area does not count!!!
- If you do nothing else, try 3rd CnrCLHfromPSVIPDined on 6/28/2014The entire experience was incredible. Hit on all eight-cylinders. Great wine inventory to chose from, exceptional food - listen to the specials that are likely the best and most innovative things you will have had in a long time - excellent service. A true gem in Palm Desert. Perfect before the movie.Special Features:
- wine dinner oopsajl70Dined on 6/25/2014We showed up for our res and found they were having 30+ people for a wine tasting dinner. The lady at the front tried to put us next to a table of fun loving and loud women. We ask to move and they moved us. Although we shared our waiter and asst waiter, Steve and Matt did a wonderful job. It was a very good meal, a great wine at a good price.Special Features:
- The following 598 reviews are from the The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro reviews archive.
- Wine & dine!PastanostraDined on 6/24/2014The food was great and the wine selection was extensive. Dinner and wine prices are good. We will be back.Special Features:
- chefswifeDined on 6/20/2014I loved the decoration and the atmosphere. My dish was delicious. I tried my families' dishes and they were great too. The service was a little slow at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JTorVIPDined on 6/20/2014THEY had a great selection of wines with wonderful prices as well as a very versatile menu and food selection. We will be back !!!Special Features:
- Fun local spotKJBKDined on 5/13/2014Good food, great service, and a fun and entertaining marriage to the wine shop- perfect for wine enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!travelerDined on 5/11/2014Was looking for something new and different, definitely found it! Walk in, pick out a bottle of wine from the shop, take it to your table and enjoy with AMAZING food!! I can't believe I've lived in the valley for so long and not discovered this place before now..... Can't wait to go back and try another delicious dish!Special Features:
- New fave restaurant in Palm Desert!CodyDined on 5/6/2014I had heard many positive reports about 3rd Corner and finally dined there last week. Love everything about this restaurant....ambience, friendly reception, outstanding meal ( Grilled Halibut Cheek with Black ink Risotto), and very good service... not to mention the very large selection of fine wine. It is a bit difficult to find..the best landmark is Panera Bread which is on Hwy. 111...3rd Corner is directly behind in an office building structure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ConceptrosiezDined on 4/27/2014Buy a bottle of wine from the big selection they have in the Wine Shop. Bring it to your table to enjoy. Corkage is only $5. Food was outstanding. I had the salmon and it was the best I've had in a long time. The beet salad was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealcomedywriterDined on 4/26/2014We once again hit 3rd Corner for the Duck Confit. I LOVE this dish. While everything there is excellent I have to have my duck fix every 4-5 weeks. It is reasonably priced and you can choose any bottle of wine from the wine shop for market price and drink it with your dinner. (note: there is a $5 corkage fee). This place is a gem for lively dining...casual, friendly & fabulous.Special Features:
- Always Reliable foodfoodiesDined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed the food, as aways, and love the variety. Enjoy being able to choose wine at a reasonable price and just being charged the corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 4/23/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. Turned out we had the same waiter. Just as last time, he was started out very strong and very knowledgeable, but on this occasion, despite not seeming to be too busy, he was a little harder to find and not as attentive. However, the food and wine were just as good, if not better, than our first visit. And the waiter's overall ability was still pretty good. We sat outside again and it was again a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GritsDined on 4/22/2014Our fourth visit for dining and have always felt welcomed and appreciated. Love bringing friends. Especially like the different dining areas. Kale & beet salads are great. Terrific scallops. Natalie is our fabulous server. Ashley, always so helpful. Chef Matt, delightfully creative and very personable!Special Features:
- Fantastic wine and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014Food was amazing, picked a wine from the winery store and had that with dinner, bread pudding off the charts amazing and our waitress was fantastic and French! Good night. Definitely going again.Special Features:
- It's a casual Go to Spotabcd1234VIPDined on 4/9/2014Food is good with a tasty offer of small and Lg size plates.The wine choices are wonderful with a price point for everyone. Fun to walk through the cases of wine lining the restaurant floors, making your selection and taking it to the table. Servers seem to turn over to frequently and while they are friendly and well -intended ... it is slow. Having been to the restaurant twice in a week and sitting on the patio both times the service experience was the same....slow. Water/ menu arrives quickly but when everyone sits down at their table at the same time one waiter can't got to each table in a reasonable time. We waited a long time for a drink order and and to have our wine opened. The server worked hard to improve the rest of the evening.Special Features:
- Not like we rememberDininguruDined on 4/9/2014What has happened? This used to be a favourite spot of ours for great food and was a must hit when in Palm Springs. Had some good dishes, pork cheeks small plate was a consistent hit with the group, but lack of consistency in other plates. Beet and goat cheese salad, good for 2 of us, mostly arugula for the other. Service was definitely not like we remember. Picked our wine without help even we though tried to flag down someone to ask a question. Got our bottle but had to ask twice for an ice bucket. Took our cutlery and didn't replace. It went on and on. Thanks for the memories, we won't be back!
- Great concept!KimSDined on 4/9/2014We enjoyed trying this for first time. While they have a notable selection of bottles, which you purchase and bring to your table for opening ($5 corkage fee), the wines were expensive and not familiar labels to us. Dinner was delicious and service good but I'm not sure we will go back next time in town.Special Features:
- Wine lovers delight!Kcs619Dined on 4/5/2014Great concept....pick your wine from hundreds of bottles in wine store atmosphere...take it to your table and for $5.00 corkage fee, enjoy it with dinner. The food was great..beet salad with goat cheese and yummy lemon dressing was great...I had maple glazed salmon with Brussels sprouts with bacon. My husband had chicken and "dumplings" (gnocchi ). We shared the chocolate chip bread pudding for dessert. Definitely would return when were back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surprise!MartinDined on 4/4/2014We had a great meal here. Picked out our wine from the store and had a5 dollar corkage. Food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing wine store with great foodPleasedDined on 4/3/2014Really enjoyed the Third Corner. The food tasty and fairly priced. Third Corner lets you select a bottle of wine from their store at retail prices then enjoy it with dinner. Great concept!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!htetchrDined on 4/2/2014What a fantastic idea! Browse the abundant selection of wines and purchase one for dinner for just a $5 corkage fee. No need to feel overwhelmed, the manager will happily help you select a fabulous wine for an outstanding price. Our meal was out of this world! We loved the drunken fries, apple squash soup and the caramel popcorn with nutella sundae was so good we almost ordered a second one! Our wine choice of the evening, Bella Gloss, was like drinking rich red velvet for just $27. We will be back!!Special Features: