The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro
73101 Hwy 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.the3rdcorner.com/
- Phone: (760) 837-9600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Matt Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro
The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro is a restaurant revolution. Our living wine list, fine food and affordable pricing all add up to the perfect dining and wine shopping experience. Need a bottle of wine for dinner? Our wine shop offers a great selection from the world over. With over 800 wines to choose from, The 3rd Corner offers a wide selection of wines for every budget. From hard to find collectibles to everyday quaffers, our staff is here to take the mystery out of your purchase. Our ½ case and full case mix and match discounts offer great value and unbeatable pricing. Looking for great food? Whether it's a bite to eat or that perfect anniversary dinner, our menu offers a wide variety of delectable choices for the most discerning palate. Our full menu is available from 11:30 am to the wee hours of 1am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (41)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (11)special occasion (10)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Surprising disappointment this nightSofiVIPDined on 11/21/2014We've had many wonderful wine and dining experiences at 3rd Corner but not this night. Brought out of towners to the restaurant and were embrassed by the poor service. Starting with server fumbling over opening our wine, long wait for orders to arrive and then a wrong entree for our guest who then waited another 10minutes while we ate our entrees served to us. Apologies were made but the evening was a surprising disappointment. Poor service training and expediting in the kitchen for sureI would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedThelmaDined on 11/16/2014Our waitress was very good, service at first was great, getting water, wine. But once we got dinner, waitress never asked how we wanted our steak it was flat iron so we assumed was thin and would be medium, mine was very thick and very rare and really needed a steak knife. Sent it back but came back the same so left it. My friends had seafood ciopini were never offered a spoon left most of broth. We never got served water again, very disappointing. We will try again because we really like the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnlittleredberkeleyVIPDined on 11/16/2014Had been here a year and a half ago Remembered it favorably for lots of attractive small plates. Focus seems to have changed.Not a lot on the menu we wanted. Bus boy dropped 2 glasses of water at back of one person's chair, wetting the seat and part of person. Took minutes to come back with towel. Rest of party never got water until asking waitress. Waitress took 10 minutes to show up. Seemed all her tables but us were on complete opposite side of room. Said she'd bring us the price fixe menu. We should have left at this point. Ten minutes later came to take order without delivering the price fixe menu. Talked to us like we were little children. Food was just ok. Had to ask the waitress serving all the other tables around us to get us a bill. Wine concept is nice but the rest ( negatives) overwhelmed that.
- Very disappointed with the food.BillVIPDined on 11/15/2014We took some friends for dinner and all of us were disappointed in the quality of the food. Two of us had the rid eye and couldn't even eat it. The meat was not very tender and lots of excess fat. My wife didn't like the chicken dish she had. She rarely complains but this time she said to me after we got home that she couldn't eat it.Special Features:
- Atypical this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Service was just not up to par this time at the 3rd Corner. When our friends arrived, the hostess said we had no reservation despite my husband and I sitting comfortably at our booth. Our chosen white wine was not chilled, that necessitated an order for bar drinks, which came without garnish. To be fair, this was probably our 6th visit to this restaurant and service has always been great in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carnivoreVIPDined on 11/13/2014Disappointed in our last meal here. Food quality was ok, but nothing special. Oversalted salad dressings, luke warm food, bland presentation. Not the 3rd Corner food of the past.
- Great conceptlaporro13Dined on 11/11/2014it Was a nice evening nice drinks at the bar! The bartender made me a delicious lemondrop! next we move to pick up a bottle of wine I found one of my favorites for less than 40 bucks then went to the dining room to a nice little table! SErver was a little busy we felt a little rush and forgotten at times! I have to say they need to upgrade the online menu we were trying to order some appetizers that we saw online which They no longer have bummer a little disappointed we were really looking forward to them. shrimp Piri piri and stuff chili, but overall we loved the concept It was a good food good wine nice people!!!! we will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar foodStretchonDined on 10/25/2014Very greasy mushroom flat bread. Way too much olive oil. Dripping in oil.Special Features:
- 3rd corner is a good choiceDesertDinnerDined on 10/22/2014My friend and I arrived for an early evening light dinner before going to a show at La Palm D'Or. The location is very convenient to the mall and offers a nice alternative to the limited selection of food choices at the mall. We split a full salad - it was ample for both us. Ingredients were fresh but it was a bit over dressed. We had to split it ourselves, a separate was provided. Seem like the staff could do it! Next we each had a plate of muscles. The portions were generous and the muscles were large and served in a tasty, mild broth. Finally I enjoyed a cup of decafe which had an excellent, fresh brewed flavor. Service throughout was attentive but due to the early hour there were only a few active tables.Special Features:
- Nice for wineChikindVIPDined on 10/21/2014Service was hit or miss. Salad came straight from the water to my plate, Food overcooked. Nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodDavidDined on 10/18/2014We have now eaten here on many occasions. The food is so wonderful. The starters are inexpensive and interesting which allows us to treat them like a tapas. The main courses are very pleasant but not up to the level of the starters. The cheese tray is remarkably generous and very tasty. The choice of, and cost of the wines is marvellous! The only negative is the service which is delightful but, for example does not serve the ladies first, or take their orders first. Were the service even better this would be one of the absolute best restaurants anywhere. As it is, it is just one of the best restaurants in the region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointedjamesVIPDined on 10/12/2014We have good experiences in the past but they seem to be struggling lately. They need a good chef and better management. I don't think they can survive without some improvements.
- Not up to the reviewsFoodmikeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Started off bad when we were told we couldn't substitute fries for mashed potatoes. Had to order as a side. They were the only good part of the meal. Veggies were mush. The kale salad was warm-- don't know how long it was sitting out. The filet was two end pieces placed together, with the seam covered by the garnish. So the ends were more than well done instead of medium rare. The salmon was dried out. Sounded like an interesting place, but don't waste the money with so many great restaurants in the area.
- VacationLove2eatDined on 9/30/2014Great food, a little noisy due to a large party in the front room, better after they had left. Service a little slow, but overall good. Had the mussels, could have used some bread to soak up the wonderful sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improvedjamesVIPDined on 9/21/2014This visit was going to be our last as the last two were not good. We were pleasantly pleased this time. They have made many changes for the better. A new Sous Chef seems to be the difference. The cioppino was some of the best we ever had, we will be back.Special Features:
- Cornering the market Gourmondaise!DesertdinerDined on 9/20/2014Took some "sophisticated" LA friends to "the corner" restaurant. Always a tough choice with them because everything edible is the best in LA!! Well for once no adverse comment or "well, in ........ They have this really fantastic ......... It was all smiles and allocades! Loved the food, especially the wine store and the prices! I actually got a "wish we had one of these in the Marina Del Rey". Well done 3rd Corner! By the way the Shrimp piri piri was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The normal dinning area was reserved for a large party. We had to be seated in the bar area, not very nice, no ambiance and very noisy. It was a special occasion and moving to a different restaurant was not an option.Special Features:
- Convenient high quality restaurantMikeTVIPDined on 9/12/2014The excellent food combined with the terrific wine selection options make this a fun place to visit. We had the kale and spinach salad that was excellent. The meat ball special was also great. The muscles are a standard fine choice. And the service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineMarioVIPDined on 9/3/2014Been here for the second time in Palm Dessert, food is very good and so is the service and you can't beat paying liquor store prices for wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant that meets your needsTeufDined on 9/3/2014This is a restaurant, a bar, and a wine shop. Besides a very good menu and quiet dining, they also have wine tastes every Saturday in the bar. They have regular wine taste dinners (usually at least one a month) that have been outstanding and affordable. Besides the wine taste dinners, they also have separate week night wine tastes with a single winery represented throughout the high season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicesloopopusiiiDined on 8/30/2014Not quite up to Ed's Ocean Beach 3rd Corner, possibly because the restaurant is fairly new.Special Features:
- Unfortunate EveningRandJMVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been to 3rd Corner a number of times. This time was a disasster. Saturday night. Somehow the restaurant had managed to book a birthday party with like 20 people right in the middle of the main dining room. Hooting and hollering, this party was having a great time and cleared out the restaurant. Repeated complaints to the manager got apologies, and bland assurances the party would be asked to tone it down but nothing happened. There was no where to move. Left with ears ringing. Not even a free glass of champagne. All in all - very poorly handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For an Evening with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Wine store/restaurant or restaurant/wine store - select your wine (at very competitive prices) and have it served with your dinner. You can also buy more of your great finds to take home. The menu is limited but everything on it is very well prepared. One of my favorites is the mussels with frites, you can't go wrong when you order this!Special Features:
- A Wonderful ExperiencePerfectDined on 8/3/2014Never Disappointed Menu, Food, Presentation & Service Is Always a 10 PerfectSpecial Features:
- Great experiencePapanelsonDined on 8/2/2014A little hard to find but worth the effort. Food, Wine and service excellent and reasonably priced. Celebrated my Wife's Birthday in style. Will return and bring friends.Special Features:
- Happy Nana3HappyNana3VIPDined on 8/1/2014Service very attentive. 3 out of 4 had the beet salad and loved it. 2 had the stuffed chicken breast nightly special and raved. 1 had the chicken schnitzel and was quite happy. I had the steak frites and clearly enjoyed it. Overall, 4 satisfied diners. They are also restaurant partners with the wine vault of the desert so there is no corkage fee if you are a member.Special Features:
- The following 603 reviews are from the The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro reviews archive.
- One of the best in Palm DesertDermotDined on 7/9/2014We have dined at 3rd Corner many times and it never disappoints. The service is very good, the flat breads as appetizers are varied and delicious and for me the Cesar Salad is the best! Also worth trying are the kale salad or the beet salad. But all in all the food is of a very high standard. The wine list is superb with a range of wines at a range of prices - well worth joining the 3rd Corner wine club for even better prices for wine. Great credit to them for keeping their wine prices sat a reasonable level - keep up the good work folks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014Introduced numerous friends to "3rd Corner" all favorably impressed. Chef always offers something new.Spur of the moment dinner to large party, confident that everything will be handled without a hitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not honor Reservations in Bar!PSYearRoundDined on 7/1/2014I arrived 10 minutes early for my reservation and no one was at the front door, so we went into the bar area. Once in there, we decided to have dinner in the bar rather than the restaurant side. Please note, they do not honor your reservations if you eat in the bar area. They canceled my reservation as if I never showed up. We spent $100 dollars for wine and dinner and it did not count toward the Open Table reservation. (Bummer!!) I called the restaurant the next day to discuss; however, the individual could not answer why they canceled me out after I checked in. The manager was to call me back, but never did. Bottom line, I guess if you want you Open Table points you had better eat in the restaurant. The Bar area does not count!!!
- If you do nothing else, try 3rd CnrCLHfromPSVIPDined on 6/28/2014The entire experience was incredible. Hit on all eight-cylinders. Great wine inventory to chose from, exceptional food - listen to the specials that are likely the best and most innovative things you will have had in a long time - excellent service. A true gem in Palm Desert. Perfect before the movie.Special Features:
- wine dinner oopsajl70Dined on 6/25/2014We showed up for our res and found they were having 30+ people for a wine tasting dinner. The lady at the front tried to put us next to a table of fun loving and loud women. We ask to move and they moved us. Although we shared our waiter and asst waiter, Steve and Matt did a wonderful job. It was a very good meal, a great wine at a good price.Special Features:
- Wine & dine!PastanostraDined on 6/24/2014The food was great and the wine selection was extensive. Dinner and wine prices are good. We will be back.Special Features:
- chefswifeDined on 6/20/2014I loved the decoration and the atmosphere. My dish was delicious. I tried my families' dishes and they were great too. The service was a little slow at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JTorVIPDined on 6/20/2014THEY had a great selection of wines with wonderful prices as well as a very versatile menu and food selection. We will be back !!!Special Features:
- Fun local spotKJBKDined on 5/13/2014Good food, great service, and a fun and entertaining marriage to the wine shop- perfect for wine enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!travelerDined on 5/11/2014Was looking for something new and different, definitely found it! Walk in, pick out a bottle of wine from the shop, take it to your table and enjoy with AMAZING food!! I can't believe I've lived in the valley for so long and not discovered this place before now..... Can't wait to go back and try another delicious dish!Special Features:
- New fave restaurant in Palm Desert!CodyDined on 5/6/2014I had heard many positive reports about 3rd Corner and finally dined there last week. Love everything about this restaurant....ambience, friendly reception, outstanding meal ( Grilled Halibut Cheek with Black ink Risotto), and very good service... not to mention the very large selection of fine wine. It is a bit difficult to find..the best landmark is Panera Bread which is on Hwy. 111...3rd Corner is directly behind in an office building structure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ConceptrosiezDined on 4/27/2014Buy a bottle of wine from the big selection they have in the Wine Shop. Bring it to your table to enjoy. Corkage is only $5. Food was outstanding. I had the salmon and it was the best I've had in a long time. The beet salad was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealcomedywriterDined on 4/26/2014We once again hit 3rd Corner for the Duck Confit. I LOVE this dish. While everything there is excellent I have to have my duck fix every 4-5 weeks. It is reasonably priced and you can choose any bottle of wine from the wine shop for market price and drink it with your dinner. (note: there is a $5 corkage fee). This place is a gem for lively dining...casual, friendly & fabulous.Special Features:
- Always Reliable foodfoodiesDined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed the food, as aways, and love the variety. Enjoy being able to choose wine at a reasonable price and just being charged the corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.