The 220 Café
220 S. Center St
Statesville, NC 28677Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The 220 Café
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.220cafestatesville.com/
- Phone: 7048737779
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Sunday Brunch (Every 3rd Sunday of the month): 11:00am - 2:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Courtney Setterington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater!!! Reaching out to our community and building a reputation outside the 4 walls of our boutique dining room. Our expertise in events include: management, execution & creativity. Allow us to exhibit our passion for food, the people we meet and the relationships we continue to build.
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday night!!!
A word from The 220 Café
The 220 Café is a Contemporary American Cuisine restaurant, located in the historic district of downtown Statesville, NC. The 220 Café provides a fine dining experience and atmosphere for all of our guests. With a combination of class and elegance, the 220 Café also exudes a “stop by anytime” welcome to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The 220 Café reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Statesville's Best Kept SecretHakkaDialectVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great setting surrounded by art with excellent service and food. booked thru Open Table which for some reason has this placed in the wrong town of Mooresville? Alerted the staff and they said would let OT know. This is the best eatery in Statesville for my money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night Dinnerluv2trynewbitesDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I travel 45 minutes to enjoy The 220 Cafe' for special date nights. We like to go on Fridays when they have live music. The ambience is very quaint and lovely. And the food and service is Extremely good! And a must have, even if you have to get it to go, is their cheesecake...WOW!!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014Had reservations during Queens Feast but obviously did not need them. The food was fine but just average. The service was almost laughable. They initially walked us to a back table next to the kitchen and bathroom pathway even though the room was less than a third full. They did accommodate our request for a change. Had 2 wait staff introduce themselves as our server within 3 minutes of each other. Bread was never brought to the table and the wrong desert was brought. Overall the service lacked the thoughtfulness one would expect to make a dining experience pleasant. We love to support local businesses but there are too many other options in downtown Statesville to keep giving this place chances to shine.Special Features:
- Excellent appsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Calamari, crab app, and spinach dip all were excellent. Entrees were good. Blueberry cheesecake was amazing. Very nice interior, and the new downtown is beautiful. Worth a mile and a half drive off of interstate.Special Features:
- Delicious food, beautiful ambianceFoodnutDined on 7/9/2014From the music playing right outside the door of the restaurant to the fabulous decor inside, the restaurant sets quite an inviting scene. Add to that fresh ingredients you taste in every bite of your meal and superb service, and you can't ask for more in a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyEatoutDined on 6/13/2014I am gluten free so I'm always concerned when I try a new restaurant. However, the staff at 220 Cafe was knowledgeable and very willing to take care of my allergies. And the food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 5 reviews are from the The 220 Café reviews archive.
- SunnydaleDined on 5/10/2014220 Cafe has an eclectic feel with a nice spot downtown, and outdoor dining. The service was outstanding (Josh)! Food was ok with the celery augratin and cheesecake the standouts. We were there on a Saturday night meeting friends we hadn't seen in a while. They had live music which would have been great except we were interested in conversation. So if you go on a weekend, and want to talk, ask for an outside table.Special Features:
- Hidden GemColaFoodie80Dined on 4/29/2014This restaurant was an outstanding find while traveling for business. The honey lemon chicken was simple, but cooked to perfection. The garden vegetable risotto was cooked perfectly. The only thing I felt about was the restaurant wasn't crowded when it should've been based on the quality of the food! Definitely eat here the next time you are passing through Statesville!Special Features:
- Just OKBrianDined on 4/5/2014The actual restaurant was really cute, and the wait staff was great, but the food was slow to come out despite not having a full restaurant. My steak was just OK and my wife's stuffed chicken and sauce was a quite salty.
- Enjoyed!tiperDined on 4/4/2014Went for a lunch with out of town fiends so it was the first time there. Server very friendly and helpful with menu. Food was great and tastefully presented. Coffee delicious! As was the desert. Statesville has needed a nice cafe like this for a long time. I usually meet friends out of town for lunch so now they can meet me here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific storefront location!BeejDined on 3/1/2014Great service, friendly staff and owner……good food….makes for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.